PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an informed negative opinion?

Mike_G
2008-06-09, 06:17 PM
Just wondering.

It seems many people have big issues with 4e from their reading of what has been released, but all the reports of actual play that I have read have been mostly positive.

Now, we know it won't make everybody happy, but since no system does that, I don't think that's a real issue. 3.5 wasn't for everyone, 2e wasn't for everyone, and neither was 1e, whatever Nagora might think.

What I want to know is this: Has anyone actually played a session of 4e and really disliked it, or had their fears confirmed? Not read the books, not knew a guy who knew a guy who's cousins friend played once, but actually played.

Did it prevent you from roleplaying? Was it a tactical wargame? Did it turn your table into an MMO or violate your sister?

Please, I just want to know if it plays badly, not how it insults the philosophy of D&D.

Roland St. Jude
2008-06-09, 06:26 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: The premise of this thread is inherently flawed in way that's almost...trolling. Other opinions elsewhere are not necessarily uninformed as the OP presumes. I understand what you're driving at, but this isn't a good way to go about it. Please seek your answers in existing topical threads.

Thread locked.