PDA

View Full Version : Noticed problems posting

DMfromTheAbyss
2008-06-09, 07:22 PM
I've had a few of my posts vanish before hitting the boards. It happens that I sign in, write my post, then I go to post it and I get a sign in screen again and my post is lost in electronic limbo. I've also noticed that I tend to double post though I'm reasonably sure I only hit submit once... is this a connectivity issue or something anyone else has experienced?

Ryuuk
2008-06-09, 08:04 PM
The board seems to log you off after a period of inactivity. The "stay logged on" check might fix it, but I'd have to say I haven't tried it. Even though this happens to me as well, I just hit back and end up back in the "Reply to topic" screen with my post intact (I'm using firefox though, I'm not sure of it also happens with other browsers)

I haven't experienced the double posting though. the few times I've done I had hit submit more then once.

RTGoodman
2008-06-09, 08:11 PM
I've never had the log-out problem, but I do know that you can accidentally double-post various ways. If you hit submit and then get the "Site is not responding" message, and then you hit Reload on your browser, it'll resubmit the info, thus double-posting.

Also, if you didn't know, you can delete posts if they're not the first post in a thread. Just hit edit and click "Delete this Message" or something like that.

Neftren
2008-06-09, 09:04 PM
The Quick Fix:
1. Hit the Back Button on your browser to keep the contents of your post.
2. Open a new window or tab, and log in again.
3. Make a new post and copy the contents over.

The Long Term Fix:
This happens to me whenever I'm in Windows, and running either Explorer or Firefox. I can trigger it to happen by logging in to the forums in one tab, and opening a second tab before I get the successful login message (with the "click to skip if your browser does not refresh" message).

First, login to the forums, and enable the "Remember Me" function. Second, clear your cache, so that you generate a new cache on the forums, which will tell your computer that you're logged in as yourself, not as a guest whenever you return. Third, never open a second tab or window and visit the forums while you're logging into the forums in another window or tab.

If this does not fix it, then your problem may be of a different kind, which the forum mods should be able to help you.

DMfromTheAbyss
2008-06-10, 06:41 PM
Thank you... I'll try what has been suggested... nice to know it's not just me.