PDA

View Full Version : Modular Character Sheet <3.5>

Leon
2008-06-10, 08:37 AM
As the title says, im interested in the knowledge of finding a modular Character sheet that will allow me to tinker with the lay out of the thing - predominatly with the skills section but anything else would be good. or should i just rip the normal one apart with Photo shop and remodel it to suit my needs

McClintock
2008-06-10, 09:07 AM
Unless it's all you have, don't waste your time with Photoshop. Illustrator, Indesign or Quark will work better and will leave you with a file you can easily make changes to later. Also, they all convert easily into PDFs

MandibleBones
2008-06-10, 10:08 AM
From personal experience (I edit a weekly newspaper using Quark and own InDesign at home), use InDesign. The compatibility with other Adobe programs - like, say, Photoshop - is far superior.

You CAN rip one apart with Photoshop, but it's going to take you more time in the long run than to build one from the ground up. Why? Text-editing, which you can do with ID, is all but impossible with PS.

Leon
2008-06-11, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the info, i also found a semi modular one but cant do anything with it as noone in the house has office or related programs....

Reinboom
2008-06-11, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the info, i also found a semi modular one but cant do anything with it as noone in the house has office or related programs....

http://www.openoffice.org/
It's free.
It's compatible with the MicroSoft equivalents.

Leon
2008-06-11, 06:09 AM
Sweet, that works well. ty for the help