PDA

View Full Version : Looking for RPG players in Berlin

Ossian
2008-06-10, 11:10 AM
Hi folks!

As some of you may remember (what a Troy McLure intro) I moved to Berlin last month. While I am enjoying the place and the job (well, the last week was murder, but still...) I would not mind have the dice roll again.

I will be still quite swamped for another 6 or 7 days, but I doubt I will get answers earlier (assuming there will be).

So, bottom line is: I am looking for a group of players in this area.

What I do not mind is: the system. Sure, I know D&D 2nd and 3.5 ed., MERP and Cyberpunk 2020, but I would not mind trying something else (given the time to learn).

What I do mind is: the game style. While I find amusing to read about min-maxing players, optimizing and whatnot, I find it horribly painful to play and, all in all, also beyond my knowledge. I just could not bother reading that well all the splatbooks of the world. I would go for a narrative, stroytelling group though.

Problem is: language. Guys, I only speak English and Italian. I could gt by with some Arabic and French, maybe some Spanish, but definitely no German. This, living in Berlin, might be a problem. Still, it wonŽt hurt to ask. Who knows, maybe a bunch of strtellinŽUS expats is hanging out here.

So, if you know of anyone who would be willing to adopt me as a player or if you can point me to some message board/Berlin game-store forum or something similar, IŽd be happy.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Cheers.

ossian

Ashtar
2008-06-11, 05:18 AM
You might want to post on http://www.rollenspiel-berlin.de/ (it's got more that 400 members)

I know the forum is 99% in German, but there you would have a chance of finding some other players. And RPGs are a great way of learning another language! You pick up so many words you would rarely use elsewhere, but are so useful.

Good luck Ossian, sadly my company's Berlin office never happened, so no Ashtar in Berlin =(.

For example you have: http://www.rollenspiel-berlin.de/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=28&topic=1068.0 where they are looking for english players...