PDA

View Full Version : ShadowRun D20

black dragoon
2008-06-10, 01:16 PM
Hey-o! I'm wondering does anyone know of a ShdowRun D20 conversion or someone willing to aid me in such Heresy ?

-The Black Dragoon

Xuincherguixe
2008-06-10, 02:53 PM
Not I. Tis Heresy.

Hawriel
2008-06-10, 06:25 PM
buy shadowrun 3rd ed. or just play modern D20 with magic and hacking and call it a cyberpunk game

black dragoon
2008-06-11, 06:44 AM
True I was thinking that but I don't have any ral grasp of the 'feel' of the game. I need info beyond wikipedia sadly and my google-fu is far to weak to find my desired search.:smallannoyed:

Zeta Kai
2008-06-11, 07:27 AM
So I guess typing "Shadowrun D20" into Google (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=shadowrun+d20) was just beyond you? :smallamused:

The results look nice, from what I can tell.

black dragoon
2008-06-11, 07:52 AM
Heh....I...*face palm*:smallredface:

I, yeah. I'll give a go and hope.
I can't get ahold of the PDF was it any good? And if so any way you can beam it here My blocker is evil and I have no control over it.

Xuincherguixe
2008-06-11, 02:41 PM
Ah, so you aren't actually that familiar with the game.

A D20 adaptation isn't going to give you an idea what the game is like. And in fact, everyone plays it a little differently.

I'm going to say buy the books. And at risk of derailing the thread I'm going to recommend 4th edition. You won't even recognize the changes, so you're not really at risk of hating them. Either way though, Shadowrun's books are very well produced. Very few of them have disappointed me, and I've got have something like 30 of them. (Don't worry, you don't need that many ^_^. 1 is all you need.)

Also, there are some quick start (http://www.shadowrun4.com/wordpress/?p=188) rules here. In fact, read those first before you decide if you want to buy any books.

Also, these guys need money :P Tis sad that despite the awesomeness, Shadowrun hasn't been doing too well for a number of years.

black dragoon
2008-06-12, 06:45 AM
Sadly,one of my major issues is money at the moment as such I really need to be able to use what I have on hand which happens to be D20. that said i'll try those quick-starts and see how they look.