PDA

View Full Version : Is my army list good?

smart thog
2008-06-10, 02:06 PM
Alright, I have just finished my Tau army list, and fine tuned it to get in the stuff that I want. I am just worried it might not work well because I have no elites (don't worry though, I gave my commander a full bodyguard, so I have some crises suits) and I don't have any seeker missiles (are they worth it compared to railguns?). Tell me what you think playgrounders

1500 point tau army list

HQ
Shas'o with target lock, bonding knife, cyclic ion blaster, iridium armor plates, missile pods, multitracker stimulant injecter, 143
2 shevere bodyguards fusion blaster, burst cannon, target lock, multitracker, targeting array 150 (for both of them combined)
Total for HQ 293

Troops
2 12 soldier units of fire warriors with shas'u- 260 (for both units combined)
20 kroot with shaper - 168
Total for Troops - 428

Fast attack
2 4 soldier pathfinders with shas'u and devilfish (has the multi tracker and disruption pod upgrades) 306 (for both units combined)
Piranna with targeting array, disrution pod, fuision blaster - 75
Total for fast attack 381

Heavy support

3 broadsides with 2 target locks and one blacksun filter with team leader and bonding knife- 233
1 Hammerhead with multitracker burst cannons railgun and disputation pods-165
total for heavy support -398

total 1500

Rogue 7
2008-06-10, 03:07 PM
First things first- your crisis suits need work. Split them up into 3 individual suit teams. You lose all concern for morale checks, gain increased efficiency for target selection, and give your Shas'o independed character status. There's no benefit whatsoever to grouping them up. Secondly, your weapon configuration is a bit screwy. Iridium armor on the Shas'o is a bad deal- limits mobility, which is what you want to preserve. Weapons-wise, you've got an odd combination there. CIB and missiles are both fine weapons, but they don't sync very well. My personal recommendation would be CIB/Burst (pure rate of fire), CIB/Plasma- decent range sychronization and AP potential (50% of wounds on T4 with the CIB will be from AP 1 shots), or missile/plasma (standard fireknife).

For your now individual crisis suits, fusion-burst is a truly weird combo. You combine a high-strength, short-range tank killer with a mid-range infantry killer. Crisis suits should generally be specific-purpose, but if you're going for generalists, it's really hard to beat the fireknife (plasma/missile, as I said above). An alternative is the firestorm- missile/burst canon, as that puts out a good number of shots at decent range. And with 4 railguns in a 1500 point list, you've got all the tank-killing you'll need, especially if you add a few missile pods.

Troops- I'd personally bond the fire warriors. Next, drop the shaper (it's pretty pointless) and split the kroot up into 2 10-man/bird/thing units. I subscribe wholeheartedly to the "Kroot are a distraction" theory, and consequently they need to be mobile and cheap. Smaller units help this and allow you to cover more area.

Fast attack- You're wasting points on the Pathfinders- while I'm normally all for splitting units up, the mandatory devilfish destroys this. Those two big ol' targets won't even be able to do much of anything. I favor mechtau myself so I'd say use the points saved by dropping the one pathfinder squad (if you want, you can add 4 more members to the other squad) and its fish to give one of your FW squads a fish. I run my piranhas the same way (though conventional wisdom dictates that decoy launchers are mandatory on all Tau vehicles.) If you can spare the points, SMS are fantastic on the fish- they really turn it into a gunboat, especially when shooting from out of sight or when assisting a fire warrior attack.

Heavy- I'd break up the squads and give them shield drones if you can find the points. Advanced Stabilization Systems are nice for giving some mobility, but Shield drones make your broadside tough as anything- an extra 2+/4+ invuln wound can be fantastic. Stick decoys on the head and you're good to go.

smart thog
2008-06-10, 08:29 PM
First things first- your crisis suits need work. Split them up into 3 individual suit teams. You lose all concern for morale checks, gain increased efficiency for target selection, and give your Shas'o independed character status. There's no benefit whatsoever to grouping them up. Secondly, your weapon configuration is a bit screwy. Iridium armor on the Shas'o is a bad deal- limits mobility, which is what you want to preserve. Weapons-wise, you've got an odd combination there. CIB and missiles are both fine weapons, but they don't sync very well. My personal recommendation would be CIB/Burst (pure rate of fire), CIB/Plasma- decent range sychronization and AP potential (50% of wounds on T4 with the CIB will be from AP 1 shots), or missile/plasma (standard fireknife).

well, I think the configuration is good against nids because the missile pod can hurt the big things with the hive mind field thingies that make the nids brave, then the CIB kills the nids. It also work against even really heavily armored troops that would be a waste of railgun shots (such as space marines and necrons). also, the bodyguards don't take away from his independant character status after they both die. I think I will get rid of the armor, but what should I use the points for?

For your now individual crisis suits, fusion-burst is a truly weird combo. You combine a high-strength, short-range tank killer with a mid-range infantry killer. Crisis suits should generally be specific-purpose, but if you're going for generalists, it's really hard to beat the fireknife (plasma/missile, as I said above). An alternative is the firestorm- missile/burst canon, as that puts out a good number of shots at decent range. And with 4 railguns in a 1500 point list, you've got all the tank-killing you'll need, especially if you add a few missile pods.
I agree that the combo is weird, but I want it in case my friend (who plays dark angels) deep strikes his deathwing terminators on my broadsides and I am forced to use other methods of tank destruction, so the fusion blasters ar backup.

Troops- I'd personally bond the fire warriors. Next, drop the shaper (it's pretty pointless) and split the kroot up into 2 10-man/bird/thing units. I subscribe wholeheartedly to the "Kroot are a distraction" theory, and consequently they need to be mobile and cheap. Smaller units help this and allow you to cover more area. I think the kroot are very useful when it comes to distracting (and possibly killing) fast assault units and the shaper is very useful because of its extra point of leadership.

Fast attack- You're wasting points on the Pathfinders- while I'm normally all for splitting units up, the mandatory devilfish destroys this. Those two big ol' targets won't even be able to do much of anything. I favor mechtau myself so I'd say use the points saved by dropping the one pathfinder squad (if you want, you can add 4 more members to the other squad) and its fish to give one of your FW squads a fish. I run my piranhas the same way (though conventional wisdom dictates that decoy launchers are mandatory on all Tau vehicles.) If you can spare the points, SMS are fantastic on the fish- they really turn it into a gunboat, especially when shooting from out of sight or when assisting a fire warrior attack. Well, If I drop one squad then I have then I can't spilt up the units firepower and target two units at once. BTW whats Mechtau?

Heavy- I'd break up the squads and give them shield drones if you can find the points. Advanced Stabilization Systems are nice for giving some mobility, but Shield drones make your broadside tough as anything- an extra 2+/4+ invuln wound can be fantastic. Stick decoys on the head and you're good to go.
I thought the disruption pod is the one the makes you immune to imobilizied results, meaning as long as you have the multi tracker and it, as well as moving more than 6 inches, you treat all hits that do anything as glancing hits, with no repercussions for the movement.

Ps. sorry for debating, but I want to make sure I know why I got the units.

LordVader
2008-06-10, 09:32 PM
Try to avoid blowing too many points on shiny wargear for the commander like Iridium Armor, IMO it's better spent on the Crisis Suits.

Mech Tau is a form of army where everything is mounted (I believe.)
I'd suggest asking this question at Tau Online or Warseer too, you're likely to get some additional help there, and there's probably more people there who can help you.

Rogue 7
2008-06-10, 10:13 PM
I can tenatively understand your logic with the Shas'o, but once you kill synapse, very few nids should be advancing, and those that do should be met by a storm of pulse fire. A fireknife suit would be ideal for dealing with warriors and zoanthropes and is a decent shot against tyrants.

If you're concerned about terminators deep striking in front of your broadsides, give them a few shield drones to soak up the fire from their first turn, then give them twinlinked plasma. Assuming that all broadsides survive, if you have multitrackers you're putting 3 AP 1/2 shots wounding on 2s per broadside. Dark angels can only have one assault cannon. Let's say that a rending shot gets luckily saved by the shield drones (4+invulnerable, remember.) and a few wounds from the remaining shots get through the 2+ armor. 2 shield drones die. Next turn the terminators get hit with 9 shots. Because all of them are twinlinked, let's say 7 hit. Six wound, and 2 save from their 5+ invulnerable. Four terminators dead at a cost of a few shield drones. Another one of your units can hit that last termie.

On the kroot- well, yes, but they can do that better in 2 groups of 10, and they're not there for the leadership. Keep them cheap.
Pathfinders are simply too expensive to use in 1500 point games, and they'll be quickly targeted. It's a bad investment.

The glancing-only rule applies to all skimmer tanks (everything the Tau have) that move more than six inches. However, when there's an immobilized result on the table (a 5), the vehicle is destroyed. A decoy launcher, for 5 points, lets you reroll that result. Increases surviveability substantially. Good investment. Disruption pods mean that a vehicle counts as obscured if someone shoots at it from more than 12" away.

smart thog
2008-06-12, 09:09 AM
I can tenatively understand your logic with the Shas'o, but once you kill synapse, very few nids should be advancing, and those that do should be met by a storm of pulse fire. A fireknife suit would be ideal for dealing with warriors and zoanthropes and is a decent shot against tyrants.

If you're concerned about terminators deep striking in front of your broadsides, give them a few shield drones to soak up the fire from their first turn, then give them twinlinked plasma. Assuming that all broadsides survive, if you have multitrackers you're putting 3 AP 1/2 shots wounding on 2s per broadside. Dark angels can only have one assault cannon. Let's say that a rending shot gets luckily saved by the shield drones (4+invulnerable, remember.) and a few wounds from the remaining shots get through the 2+ armor. 2 shield drones die. Next turn the terminators get hit with 9 shots. Because all of them are twinlinked, let's say 7 hit. Six wound, and 2 save from their 5+ invulnerable. Four terminators dead at a cost of a few shield drones. Another one of your units can hit that last termie.

On the kroot- well, yes, but they can do that better in 2 groups of 10, and they're not there for the leadership. Keep them cheap.
Pathfinders are simply too expensive to use in 1500 point games, and they'll be quickly targeted. It's a bad investment.

The glancing-only rule applies to all skimmer tanks (everything the Tau have) that move more than six inches. However, when there's an immobilized result on the table (a 5), the vehicle is destroyed. A decoy launcher, for 5 points, lets you reroll that result. Increases surviveability substantially. Good investment. Disruption pods mean that a vehicle counts as obscured if someone shoots at it from more than 12" away.

I'm not worried about the Broadsides getting shot at by termies, but them getting assaulted by the termies, which, if it does'nt kill them, will have them bogged down in a fight nobody can win (6 wounds on both sides with +2 saves is not ending within six turns) so I need the lasers. As for the pathfinders being targeted, you make a good point, but, how can I get the marker lights on the table without them?

Zorg
2008-06-12, 11:41 AM
what should I use the points for?

More dudes. The more scoring units you have the greater chance of victory. One good hit and the Shas'O is up in smoke, but a horde of Fire Warriors is alot harder to knock out. The psychological advantage of having a giant horde of infantry facing off your opponent is often a good one to have at your disposal.

For instance if you dropped the pathfinders and bought more fire warriors that's exchanging 8 dudes and two vehicles for 24 dudes and points left over. Big units like the 20 Kroot look good on paper with being hard to break and overwhelming in assault, but that's why the Emperor gave us Whirlwinds. A turn or two of good blast weapon fire would reduce that squad to not much. Killing 5 could break the remaining 15. 20 dudes is also quite unweildy to keep in coherency, and you'll seldom get them all into assault, and the extra bodies can't suck down wounds there (but again, can be broken).

I'm not worried about the Broadsides getting shot at by termies, but them getting assaulted by the termies, which, if it does'nt kill them, will have them bogged down in a fight nobody can win (6 wounds on both sides with +2 saves is not ending within six turns) so I need the lasers.

Except all Terminators have power weapons as standard to ignore your saves, so one may win it a bit more easily than the other.

smart thog
2008-06-12, 01:30 PM
Except all Terminators have power weapons as standard to ignore your saves, so one may win it a bit more easily than the other.

Power weapons can do that? Oh..., please excuse me while I swear

TheOtherMC
2008-06-12, 07:59 PM
Power weapons can do that? Oh..., please excuse me while I swear

Yup, well, armor saves at least. invulnrable saves for shield drones and the like are still applicable.

As a long time (5years) Tau player I can give you one piece of advice: Ditch the squares and play Farsight :P

smart thog
2008-06-14, 03:44 PM
How do I get markerlights then with only one pathfinder squad?

Lorn
2008-06-14, 04:11 PM
I'm not worried about the Broadsides getting shot at by termies, but them getting assaulted by the termies, which, if it does'nt kill them, will have them bogged down in a fight nobody can win (6 wounds on both sides with +2 saves is not ending within six turns) so I need the lasers. As for the pathfinders being targeted, you make a good point, but, how can I get the marker lights on the table without them?
If they deepstrike, they cannot assault on the same turn. If they reach the broadsides, ur doin it wrong.

If they have enough Terminators to reach your Broadsides or, for that matter, any part of your army, then they'll have very few other troops - though there was an army list in White Dwarf a while back which involved about five squads of five of them, deepstriking, supported by two squads of Scouts and a Chaplain. If you fight this, then a) you're screwed and b) HIT THE SCOUTS! You have Tau, and they have about 10 T4 4+ saves!

To be honest, the only real reason to be that scared of deepstriking Terminators with Tau is if you have an Ethereal - my favourite tactic when I had Marines was to take out the Ethereal somehow, then deepstrike a Librarian into the middle of the enemy line and use Fear of Darkness, and make jokes about how much army the other player had left. Less entertaining than doing it with Guard though...

Hehe, good times.

Speaking of which - Guard. And assault. First time you fight a Guard assault army (no heavy weapons, lots of 'scripts, lots of assault weapons, very few tanks made up for by well upwards of 100 men) you may be in a bit of trouble - I'd advise focussing firepower on the leaders, making everyone else run. Remember, 'scripts have Ld 4 or something like that. There's just loads of them. Like, 200 points for 50 men.

Drglenn
2008-06-14, 06:05 PM
How do I get markerlights then with only one pathfinder squad?

Give your fire warrior squads shas'ui with markerlights and hard-wired target locks, this will give them a markerlight shot each that can target anything.

I haven't actually played a tau army but i got the codex and had a good look through it, if you want an excellent unit to take out massed infantry take stealth teams.

You should never spend too many points on upgrades for squads and leaders, this will leave you with few models which, although they will be tough they can be taken out by either a few lucky shots or a lot of massed shots.

This is the army I had planned to do before I decided against playing as tau to finish off my Daemonhunters and Marines:

HQ
Shas'o Commander (75)- Airbrushing fragmentation projector (20), Cyclic ion blaster (15), Shield Generator (20), Hard-wired multi tracker (5), Hard-wired Drone Controller (0), 2 Gun Drones (20)
155pts

Ethereal- 50pts
Honor Guard- 12 Fire Warriors (120+24)- Shas'ui with Markerlight and Target Lock (25)- 169pts
219pts

HQ total= 374pts

Elites
Stealth Team- 3 Shas'ui (90)- Fusion Blaster (2)
92pts

Troops
Fire Warrior team- 12 Shas'la- 3 have pulse carbines
120pts

Fire Warrior team- 12 Shas'la- 3 have pulse carbines
120pts

Kroot Carnivore squad- 16 Kroot, Shaper, 3 Kroot Hounds
151pts

Troops Total= 391pts

Fast Attack
Pathfinder Team- 8 Shas'la (96)- 3 have Rail Rifles (30)- 126pts
Devilfish APC- 80pts
206pts

Heavy Support
Broadside Battlesuit Team- 3 Shas'ui (210)- 2 have Target Lock (20), 1 has Drone Controller with 2 Gun Drones (20), All have Plasma Rifles (30)
280pts

Hammerhead Gunship (90)- Railgun (50), Burst Cannons (10), Target Lock (5)
155pts

Heavy Support Total= 435pts
Army Total= 1498pts

Also: My current Space Marine army (with Damonhunters allies) Currently unbeaten in 4 games against: Tyrranids, Chaos Space Marines, Space Marines and Imperial Guard)
HQ
Chaplain- Master Of Sanctity (100)- Bolt Pistol (1), Jump Pack (20)
121pts

Elites
Dreadnought- 105pts

Veteran Squad- 10 Marines (180)- Veteran Sergeant (15), Furious Charge-195pts
Rhino-50pts
245pts

Elites Total= 360pts

Troops
Tactical Squad- 5 Marines (75)- Missile Launcher (10)
85pts

Tactical Squad- 5 Marines (75)- Heavy Bolter (5)
80pts

Allies- Stormtrooper Squad- 10 Stormtroopers (100)- Grenade Launcher (10), Flamer (5)
115pts

Allies- Grey Knights- 9 Marines and Justicar (275)- Incinerator (10)
285pts

Troops Total= 565pts

Fast Attack
Landspeeder Tornado (50)- Assault Cannon (30)
80pts

80pts

80pts

Fast Attack Total= 240pts

Heavy Support
Predator Destructor (100)- Heavy Bolter Sponsons (10)
110pts

Vindicator- 125pts

Heavy Support Total= 235pts

Army Total= 1501pts

smart thog
2008-06-15, 02:21 PM
If they deepstrike, they cannot assault on the same turn. If they reach the broadsides, ur doin it wrong.

Can't deathwing termies assault after they deepstrike?

Destro_Yersul
2008-06-15, 07:59 PM
Don't have the codex for DA, so I can't say for sure. Your best bet is to look it up there, because if they can, they're the only unit that gets to do so in the history of ever.

Klose_the_Sith
2008-06-15, 08:40 PM
This army list is not good. That "army" wouldn't last more then 6 seconds against any half decent pod of Tigersharks. Factor in RIANZAC and shock support and you'll be dead ASAP.

You'll want to do what TB did and focus on an alternate method of winning battles, bring in a few liberators to replace all that **** you've included and take a standard squad of TB marines with tele's. Use their hit and run strategy, you'll be able to take down any of the G's, unless Rebels bring in IV's.

Overall, it's safer and smarter to switch to Clan and deploy Tigersharks.

(I'm bored and felt like talking about another game. Sue me.)

smart thog
2008-06-18, 07:47 PM
(I'm bored and felt like talking about another game. Sue me.)

With new addition DnD books out there, I just might (for the money only)

smart thog
2008-06-22, 07:54 PM
Alright I think I know what changes I want for the army list

I have decided on a mech tau army, with no finders and three crises teams (including the hq team) all with rifles. also, I split up the sides

1500 point tau army list

HQ
Shas'o with target lock, , cyclic ion blaster,Plasma rifle, multitracker stimulant injecter, 126
Total for HQ 126

Elites
team leader crises suit fusion blaster, plasma rifle, target lock, multitracker, targeting array-87
team leader crises suit with missle pod, plasma rifle, target lock, multitracker, targeting array-87
4 stealthsuits with team leader and bonding knife and shield drone-140
Troops
2 12 soldier units of fire warriors with shas'u, with bonding knife and devilfish (has decoy launchers and multitracker)- 460 (for both units combined)
19 kroot with shaper and five hounds - 168
Total for Troops - 628

Fast attack
Piranna with targeting array, decoy launcher, fuision blaster - 75
Total for fast attack 75

Heavy support

broadside target lock-75
broadside target lock-75
Broadside with blacksun filter-73
1 Hammerhead with multitracker burst cannons railgun and decoy launchers-165
total for heavy support -388

total 1499

Wadda think of it now?

Drglenn
2008-06-22, 09:51 PM
You don't need target locks for monat (one man) squads, instead either group the 2 suits into one squad and give one a drone controller and 2 gun drones (you get them in the boxes with crisis suits and fire warriors) or give one monat a drone controller with 2 drones or both of them a controller with a drone each.
Also you don't really need the fusion blaster on the crisis suit, that army already has plenty of anti-tank capability with the Broadsides, Hammerhead and Piranha

Multitrackers on devilfishes are not a brilliant idea, whilst they allow the 'fish to move its full distance and be able to fire, you probably won't want to move them that far as you won't really need to transport your fire warriors very far (unless you want to dump them on an objective) as this will probably bring the enemy in close for melta weapons etc. You probably want to have the 'fishes hover in front of the fire warriors so that whilst you can shoot at them freely, the enemy infantry have to take a leadership test to shoot past your 'fishes and go round them to be able to assualt. Also if the enemy do get nearby the fire warriors can just hop onto the 'fishes and move to a more strategic location. Also decoy launchers are only really effective if you intend to move your full range each turn, when you do any immobilised results will destroy your tanks but when you don't immobilised will only stop them moving.

Also thinking about tactics with that army would be a good idea, with the mobility of the army a refused flank general tactic (start with the army all on one side of the table in one big group) would be a good idea, especially against players that spread their armies out across the table, as with your mobility you can destroy one part of the enemy army then move over en-masse and finish off the rest. My space marine army got another victory the other day against another space marine army that was spread across the table, largely due to this tactic but also partly due to luck (my vindicator killed 3 whole squads in the 3 shots it fired and my veterans managed to fend off and beat a charging assault marine squad in one turn)

smart thog
2008-06-23, 03:16 PM
I thought the multitracker made it a fast vehicle

Drglenn
2008-06-23, 05:05 PM
no, it just makes it shoot as if it were a fast vehicle (i.e. can move up to 6" and fire all weapons or up to 12" and fire one main and all defensive weapons i.e. for a 'fish all weapons)

smart thog
2008-06-25, 02:46 PM
Thats not so good. Then, Without being able to move 24 inches in a turn, the fish seem less useful. With that in mind, I think I will take off the trackers for fishes, and find some way to give my monats shield drones

Rogue 7
2008-06-25, 03:53 PM
I like the multitracker on the fish when combined with Smart Missiles and a targetting array. Makes for an expensive fish, but it's one that, on the move, can put out 7 S5 Shots at BS 4- fairly nasty stuff. Supports mobile teams of Fire Warriors very well. Your new list looks good to me- it's close to what I run.

Drglenn
2008-06-25, 08:15 PM
Thats not so good. Then, Without being able to move 24 inches in a turn, the fish seem less useful. With that in mind, I think I will take off the trackers for fishes, and find some way to give my monats shield drones

Well, losing the target locks on the monats (they give no benefit to a monat) and will give you 30 points, the multi-trackers on the 'fishes will give you another 10, for a total of 40 points, that's 4 drones,then lose the shield drone in the stealth team (they don't really need it, they're protected from shooting anyway) and the blacksun filter from the broadsides (the whole team needs them to get the full benefit and they have acute senses anyway), that give you another 18, if you get 2 more gun drones that'll get you to 1501 points total, which most, if not all, opponents would allow. That'll mean that each monat will have a pair of gun drones to protect him and help him kill infantry

smart thog
2008-06-27, 07:47 AM
Are you saying individual characters can spilt their fire up among multiple units? If so, then removing the locks makes sense.

Drglenn
2008-06-27, 12:12 PM
No, what i'm saying is they can't even do it with the locks

smart thog
2008-06-28, 12:32 PM
Oh, that really sucks. Hey I have a question. In what I've read about 5th edition, only troops can take objectives, which are meant for 2/3 of games. Do I have enough troops?

Zorg
2008-06-29, 12:15 PM
I am personally inclined to say no, however there are three notes to this.

Firstly, given that change to capturing objectives the missions themselves may be restructured to account for it, so it's impossible to say with any certainty.

Secondly any unit can contest an objective (according to my local GW's manager). So the stealth suits can prevent a marine tac squad from claiming an objective even though they can't claim it themselves.

Thirdly, and perhaps most importantly, I like troops so I'm heavily biased. With marines 6 out of 9 slots (64% points) are troops, the rest being HQ and support. A wall of bodies can prove quite intimidating, especially with marines (my list is around 50 marines and half a dozen vehicles).

My advice is that you probably won't make a perfect army list first go so just try it out and see what works and what doesn't on the field. Also be prepared to vary your list - for instance I may swap a whilwind for a vindicator or tac squad for a dreadnought if I'm expecting close in fighting. Having a more fluid list also means your opponent will never quite know what they'll be up against too.

smart thog
2008-06-30, 08:12 AM
Well, I think I will remove the target locks from the monats, then remove the shaper from the kroot, and spend the points on SMS from the fish, then get rid of a stealthsuit, and the hounds, to give my crises suits shield drones (2 for commander, one for each of the others.)

Rogue 7
2008-07-04, 01:53 AM
No drones on the commander. That makes him a valid target. Without them, he's an independent character. Use that to your advantage.

smart thog
2008-07-04, 08:36 AM
Actually according the Errata
If you select a commander without a bodyguard him (and his drones) may join or leave units like a normal independent character.

Shovah
2008-07-04, 11:17 PM
"May join or leave units"
Very nice.
Is there also something about targetting?

smart thog
2008-07-05, 11:42 AM
Nope (http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/errata/assets/40k/TauEmpireFAQ.pdf)
Nothing on that

Rogue 7
2008-07-05, 12:02 PM
Exactly. That means he can still be targeted. If he doesn't have the drones with him, unless he's the closest unit to the enemy, he can't be shot. It's a great rule.

smart thog
2008-08-15, 09:51 AM
I have a question. I am think about turning the fireknife and the firestorm suits into sunforge (two fusion blasters (not twin linked though)) and deathrain (same, but with missile pods) and using the points saved to put targating arrays on the fish and giving my commander a flamer. what do you think about that?

smart thog
2008-08-25, 08:46 AM
Heres my final army list (unless someone wants to change it)

HQ
Shas'o with, , cyclic ion blaster,Plasma rifle, flamer, multitracker stimulant injecter, 126
Total for HQ 121

Elites
team leader crises suit fusion blaster, fusion blaster, multitracker, targeting array with shield drone-74
team leader crises suit with missile pod, missile pod,, multitracker, targeting array with shield drone-74
4 stealthsuits with team leader and bonding knife and shield drone-140
Troops
2 12 soldier units of fire warriors with shas'u, with bonding knife and devilfish (has decoy launchers and multitracker sms and array)- 510 (for both units combined)
20 kroot - 140
Total for Troops - 650

Fast attack
Piranna with targeting array, decoy launcher, fuision blaster - 75
Total for fast attack 75

Heavy support

broadside target blacksun filter-73
broadside blacksun filter-73
Broadside with blacksun filter-73
1 Hammerhead with multitracker burst cannons railgun and decoy launchers-165
total for heavy support -374

total 1499