PDA

View Full Version : New to Heritage Feats

FatherMalkav
2008-06-10, 05:52 PM
Some friends and I are starting a new 3.5 campaign tonight and I decided to roll a sorcerer. This was for two reasons; one I'm new to casters and a sorcerer seems a little easier then a wizard and secondly we give Sorcerer's a free Heritage feat at creation (Your magic came from somewhere) and I wanted to explore these. I'm a human and level six, so here are my choices so far:

Draconic Heritage - Green (Sorc)
Draconic Power - Acid (Human Bonus)
Energy Substitution - Acid (Level 1)
Draconic Resistance - Acid (Level 3)
Open (Level 6)

I'm debating Force of Personality but I wasn't sure of all the Draconic feats available. I know of Breath, Flight, Presence, Claws, Skin, Legacy. I have heard of Draconic Knowledge and Draconic Vigor, but find conflicting descriptions online. Has anyone ever build a character like this and has any suggestions?

Gorbash
2008-06-10, 06:08 PM
Skip those feats, they're garbage.
If you're really dead set on playin a heritage sorcerer, take a look at Paizo's Pathfinder setting.

Jack_Simth
2008-06-10, 06:16 PM
Suggestion 1:
See if you can swing the Draconic Bloodline (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Draconic_Bloodline,all) feat (or one of the other bloodline feats) rather than a Heritage feat. With a Sorcerer's limited spells known, it's better ... even if there's only a handful of spells on that particular list that you'd choose, otherwise.

Suggestion 2:
Mechanically, PrC levels that advance spellcasting are stronger than regular Sorcerer levels in roughly 99% of cases. Look for one that your DM will accept that looks interesting before planning out your character - most PrC's require some amount of feat investment. I'm fond of the Mage of the Arcane Order, but for a Sorcerer, the feat requirements are a little tight (takes three of them, but as a human, you could meet all requirements at 5th to start taking it at 6th; it pays them back with bonus feats, though).