PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Rules Question Thread

Crow
2008-06-10, 07:31 PM
Instead of making a new thread everytime I run into something I need clarification on, I am going to try and post the new question in this thread. I welcome others to join if they like.

Q1: When a power indicates that it does 4[W] damage, do you add a weapon's enhancement bonus to the damage 4 times, or just one time (as with strength bonuses and whatnot)?

Q2: How can a PC or Monster locate an invisible creature if they do not have blindsight or tremorsense? Can they locate the creature with a perception check?

brian c
2008-06-10, 07:37 PM
Q1: When a power indicates that it does 4[W] damage, do you add a weapon's enhancement bonus to the damage 4 times, or just one time (as with strength bonuses and whatnot)?

[W] means base weapon damage, just the dice. You always add bonus damage once at the end. Say your weapon does 1d8 damage, and you have +5 extra (enhancement, strength, whatever). Then a power that says 4[W] would do 4d8+5 damage

Azerian Kelimon
2008-06-10, 07:45 PM
Q1: Just once. This makes multihit powers much, MUCH more powerful than one-hit powers.

Q2: Yes, with a perception check.

Sir_Dr_D
2008-06-10, 07:53 PM
Does weapon focus bonueses and weapon enhancments apply to cleave atatcks and Repeaning strike misses.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-06-10, 07:57 PM
Does weapon focus bonueses and weapon enhancments apply to cleave atatcks and Repeaning strike misses.

That's a hotly debated subject. For now, yes, they do, but CustServ and Sage may invalidate that.