PDA

View Full Version : Therkla Kills Nale

dani_carip
2008-06-10, 08:16 PM
One good solution to Kubota's order for Therkla to decapitate Elan...bring back the head of an exact look-a-like (after shaving off the goatee, of course.)

FujinAkari
2008-06-10, 08:35 PM
*cough* Spoiler Warning?

David Argall
2008-06-10, 08:44 PM
Well, we might say that an idea has to be possible before it should be and so far we haven't seen much chance that the two will even meet, much less that a major character who almost certainly has a big part in the next book will be sacrificed for some temporary relief for a minor character.
Now at a less dramatic level, it might work. If Nale joins the fleet to attack Elan, Therkla might see him and realize his head might fool her boss for the moment. We could then have Therkla doing some anti-Nale activity, but it won't end in the demise of Nale.

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-10, 08:48 PM
I thought of this... The LG was headed to Cliffport though, and I think this whole Therkla thing will be wrapped up somewhat before our heroes get there. I mean, Kubota isn't very patient.

paladinofshojo
2008-06-10, 10:59 PM
Wiat, doesn't Therkla only feel intense lust for Elan not love? :smallconfused: If this is true, what's stopping her from taking Nale (who looks exactly like Elan to the character sheet!) instead? May I remind you that he isn't a complication in her master's goals and her alignment?

Red XIV
2008-06-10, 11:48 PM
I thought of this... The LG was headed to Cliffport though, and I think this whole Therkla thing will be wrapped up somewhat before our heroes get there. I mean, Kubota isn't very patient.
No, the Linear Guild (or what's left of it) was last seen leaving Azure City with the intention of tracking down one of the remaining two gates. Neither of those gates being in Cliffport, the LG really have no reason to go back there.

Wiat, doesn't Therkla only feel intense lust for Elan not love? :smallconfused: If this is true, what's stopping her from taking Nale (who looks exactly like Elan to the character sheet!) instead? May I remind you that he isn't a complication in her master's goals and her alignment?
And since it's unlikely that Sabine would have any problem with a threesome...:wink:

Kato
2008-06-11, 12:20 AM

Exactly my thought ^^ Since both are evil and - as already stated - Sabine wouldn't mind a threesome, it's probably the most likely solution... Also it might give some chances for Therkla/Thog interaction, he might even overcome his fear of girls ^^

factotum
2008-06-11, 12:23 AM
Presumably Nale's Charisma isn't quite as high as Elan's, though...and Sabine is with Nale because her masters ordered her to be, isn't she?

Jayngfet
2008-06-11, 12:38 AM
Presumably Nale's Charisma isn't quite as high as Elan's, though...and Sabine is with Nale because her masters ordered her to be, isn't she?

Yes and no, it started that way but now she feels something for Nale.

Red XIV
2008-06-11, 01:12 AM
Sabine's masters sent her to be Nale's advisor because they felt he had great "evil potential". But they also have a "healthy" if thoroughly demented relationship.

T-O-E
2008-06-11, 01:39 AM
No, the Linear Guild (or what's left of it) was last seen leaving Azure City with the intention of tracking down one of the remaining two gates. Neither of those gates being in Cliffport, the LG really have no reason to go back there.

They said they were going to Cliffport so they could be reunited with their magic items and weapons.

archon_huskie
2008-06-11, 01:48 AM
They said they were going to Cliffport so they could be reunited with their magic items and weapons.
True that. it is in comic 458. Second to last panel on the last page.
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0458.html

Yendor
2008-06-11, 01:51 AM

No, they didn't. Nale said they were going shopping. He said nothing about going back to Cliffport. And it would be stupid to go there, because he's a wanted criminal there.

T-O-E
2008-06-11, 01:58 AM
No, they didn't. Nale said they were going shopping. He said nothing about going back to Cliffport. And it would be stupid to go there, because he's a wanted criminal there.

Sorry, I haven't read that comic for week so I mis-interpreted the text.

Laurentio
2008-06-11, 02:32 AM
*cough* Spoiler Warning?
Spoilers are for any reference to material already published outside the actual webcomic (like books). This is just a speculation.

I'd like to see it. With a symmetric panel as the one in which Nale decapitate the head cop.

Laurentio

David Argall
2008-06-11, 02:35 AM

Nale: "Shopping. Thog and I left all our magic items back in Cliffport."

So strictly, he did not say he was going to Cliffport.

However, Thog & Nale leaving their magic items in Cliffport was a deliberate action. Assuming Nale is the mastermind he insists he is [a rash assumption to be sure, but...], that means he stashed the magic somewhere in Cliffport and so part of his shopping would be to pick that magic up.

As to wanted criminals, the Cliffport cops have not been impressive to date. Sabine has excellent disguise ability and Nale probably does too. Thog would be a problem, but one they should be able to solve.

Spoilers are for any reference to material already published outside the actual webcomic (like books). This is just a speculation.
Speculation is also requested to be spoilered. Our writer has an urge to surprise us, and thus an urge to change the story when we guess what is next. Since last minute changes like that are generally bad for the story, he prefers not to read any speculation that might tempt him to make sudden changes.

Laurentio
2008-06-11, 06:39 AM
Speculation is also requested to be spoilered. Our writer has an urge to surprise us, and thus an urge to change the story when we guess what is next. Since last minute changes like that are generally bad for the story, he prefers not to read any speculation that might tempt him to make sudden changes.
Right. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6468
Thanks for info.

Laurentio

Morgan Wick
2008-06-11, 02:32 PM
Nale: "Shopping. Thog and I left all our magic items back in Cliffport."

So strictly, he did not say he was going to Cliffport.

However, Thog & Nale leaving their magic items in Cliffport was a deliberate action. Assuming Nale is the mastermind he insists he is [a rash assumption to be sure, but...], that means he stashed the magic somewhere in Cliffport and so part of his shopping would be to pick that magic up.

Then why is he going "shopping"? Recovering magic items he already had wouldn't qualify as "shopping" in my book.

David Argall
2008-06-11, 05:59 PM
Then why is he going "shopping"? Recovering magic items he already had wouldn't qualify as "shopping" in my book.

Your book is likely not an important one here. It seems likely Nale has a rather extensive definition of shopping. [A rather likely part is that he deems "shopping" to not include "paying".] "Shopping" would cover any method he uses to get needed or desired stuff. Sometimes he robs somebody. Sometimes he gets stuff he has stored in a hidden place, and sometimes, he actually buys things.

Querzis
2008-06-11, 06:18 PM

...what? They are twins and Nale is a sorcerer with an incredible bluff score and who can easely get new minions that he will send to their death without them even realizing it. He definitly got as much charisma as Elan.

Anyway, as paladinofShojo and Kato said, Therkla would be great Linear guild material, not the other way around. Nale could convince her to join in less then a minute, especially since he will have no problem with working with Kubota to kill his brother.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-06-11, 07:00 PM
Anyway, as paladinofShojo and Kato said, Therkla would be great Linear guild material, not the other way around. Nale could convince her to join in less then a minute, especially since he will have no problem with working with Kubota to kill his brother.

It would be very much Nale's style to consider Therkla as Linear Guild material, saying out loud how her skills would definitely benefit the group and she would be the most qualified member besides the core three to date...but then dismiss her because "we already have an evil opposite for the rogue."

Seriously, though, the only way she would join the Linear Guild would be to betray them in order to prevent Elan's death, preferably in a way that makes it obvious to him that she just saved his life...and then be disappointed when he doesn't want to be souldbound at the heart for eternity in heaven out of gratitude.

AmberVael
2008-06-11, 07:08 PM
Since both are evil...

Therkla isn't evil! She's a ninja themed superhero! :smallwink:

AceOfFools
2008-06-12, 08:10 PM
The big problem with Therkla as a member of the linear guild is that she can't be anyone's evil opposite. She could at best be a replacement for Sabine.

If Therkla did figure out Elan had a twin brother, she would just fantasize about both twins simultaneously.