PDA

View Full Version : what class gives con bonus to ac?[3.5]

H0L7
2008-06-11, 04:24 AM
besides fist is there anything? my barb is already a fist lvl1 and I've heard there's another class that gets a con bonus to ac.

please include what book the class is in or if you think its out of dragon

Animefunkmaster
2008-06-11, 04:51 AM
Deepwarden level 2 (replaces dex to AC)-Races of Stone- requires being a dwarf (there is a PrC to make you treated as a dwarf if you are a goliath or a human)

Feat: Improved Bind Vestige Tome of Magic (Dahlver-Nar Vestige grants 1/2 con as nat armor)

-Also- (3.0)
Forsaker (grants nat armor), Masters of the Wild

H0L7
2008-06-11, 05:24 AM
thanks but i dont think ill be able to be a dwarf seeing as im already a half-dragon Werewolf Goliath i believe my dm would burn me in front of my character sheet.

the forsaker would be good if i didn't have a item familiar jovar(celestial great sword)

Eldariel
2008-06-11, 06:42 AM
Be Stoneblessed entering Deepwarden; Stoneblessed = you qualify as a Dwarf regardless of your guise.

Talya
2008-06-11, 09:10 AM
I forget, doesn't Fist of the Forest do this?

brian c
2008-06-11, 09:33 AM
I forget, doesn't Fist of the Forest do this?

Yes, but if you read the OP he said he already has Fist levels (I assume of the Forest) and he wants more Con to AC

H0L7
2008-06-11, 11:45 AM
Yes, but if you read the OP he said he already has Fist levels (I assume of the Forest) and he wants more Con to AC

exactly

our party is lvl 20 now and i was told by our dm that we will be facing Kenpachi(bleach) with full bankai next session so naturally I'm scared ****less

so far my char goes as such (gestalt 2 classes at a time)
Barb20
fighter2 Pwar2 monk2 tribal protector2 NorseChampion10(custom to campaign) fistOfFor1

i have 1 more level left and im looking for more ac all of my stats have decent mods baring charisma

Person_Man
2008-06-11, 12:53 PM
thanks but i dont think ill be able to be a dwarf seeing as im already a half-dragon Werewolf Goliath i believe my dm would burn me in front of my character sheet.

Wait, so you have +7 LA and 2 animal hit dice? And strait Barbarian? Sir, I admire your willingness to take on a monumental challenge.

Frozen Dwarf Hulk Smash (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50588) might help you. Even if you don't like Deepwarden, Frostrager might be of use.

In addition, any class with psionic powers will give you access to Inertial Armor (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/inertialArmor.htm), which gives you +14 AC (including touch AC) at manifester level 20. This is generally considered one of the most efficient bonuses to AC in the game.

There are also tons of spells that add AC. Buy some wands or scrolls and invest in Use Magic Device. Even cross class, at you should be able to pull off the checks you need at ECL 20ish. If you're looking for a 1 level dip, maybe Exemplar or something similar would give you the Skills you need.

H0L7
2008-06-11, 03:19 PM
person man we are actualy at lvl 20 char class party ecl 26-28 kinda fuzzy on that. all of us have either templates or racial die to bring us up to a minumum of +6 (the petal warlock/dragon shaman is +2 but after the permanancy twin reduce hes fine so we counted that as +4)

hmmit seems that i cant get a decent boost from con again without giving p the dex bonus soooooo i shall change my question

what classes will add int dex(again) or wis(again)

oh and i have 1 epic feat and nothing seems worth it seeing as i have

Pattack
Cleave
Gcleave
Scleave(classfeature)
Creflexes(monk)
Iunarmed strike(monk)
Evasion(monk)
Igrapple(monk)
Endure Blows
ExoticWeaponProf Jovar
Wfocus,special Jovar
GWfocus,special jovar
Melee Weapon Mastery slashing
IBullrush
Spring attack(class feature)
Instantaneous rage
Defensive sweep
Blind Fight (lycanthrope)
Great Fortitude(damn class requirements)
Dire charge (class feature)
Weapon Supreamacy

after all my gestalting classfeatures bonus feats and a twined permanant Heroics(arcane spell grants fighter bonus skill cost me 20kxp) what should i take for my 21st lvl feat?

Cuddly
2008-06-11, 06:06 PM
Can you make a full attack at the end of a charge?

H0L7
2008-06-11, 08:13 PM
Yes as the feat Dire Charge