PDA

View Full Version : Random DnD Question.

Collyer-san
2008-06-11, 05:24 AM
I wish to know something Simple, that I just can't find the Informaion for.

For a Fan-fiction short story, I wish to preface the Chapters with a short Diary excerpt of the main character. However, what I don't know, is how to reference the Day, Month or year, for the DnD world.

I thank you for the help that you can give me.

Solo
2008-06-11, 05:26 AM

For a Fan-fiction short story, I wish to preface the Chapters with a short Diary excerpt of the main character. However, what I don't know, is how to reference the Day, Month or year, for the DnD world.

There are many different official settings, or in addition to independantly developed settings, all with differentw ays of recording the passage of time.

However, may suggest something like M40.860 for Millenium 40, year 860?

Starsinger
2008-06-11, 05:31 AM
I've always enjoyed month names like in Daggerfall (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Calendar) for a fantasy world.

nagora
2008-06-11, 05:36 AM

There is no set "D&D" world, there are many and the way that the days and months are named vary from one to the next, as does the year numbering. If you're just writing your own story in your own world then just make it up!

Matthew
2008-06-11, 06:48 AM
Well, to be fair, Greyhawk was the 'go to' world for 3e D20 Dungeons & Dragons, and the calendar for that is available: Greyhawk Calendar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greyhawk_Calendar)

Iudex Fatarum
2008-06-11, 08:40 AM
Also, remember that even if there is an official calendar there are many different ways of keeping dates. Think about our world, Jewish, Arabic, and Chinese calendars are all different, so perhaps make a way of keeping track of the days of a year. Even the length of years and the length of months are different.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-06-11, 11:13 AM
However, what I don't know, is how to reference the Day, Month or year, for the DnD world.

Which world?

Athas (Dark Sun), Faerūn (Forgotten Realms), Oerth (Greyhawk), and most other D&D settings all have their own calendars.