PDA

View Full Version : This I don't understand

Chaman
2008-06-11, 10:38 AM
in the last panel of this strip (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0158.html) I don't get the whisper from belkar is that some sort of code or something? does anyone knows?

thanks

Lizardfolk Lich
2008-06-11, 10:40 AM
Belkar is trying to tell Haley that if Haley continues to annoy the leader they may be shot at with arrows by rogues at point blank range.

Kato
2008-06-11, 10:49 AM
He's not the leader :P
But yeah, he says, he doesn't want to get shot by the archers all around them, aiming at them, probably.

Timberboar
2008-06-11, 11:20 AM
It's a game joke. In 3.5 D&D, rogues can use their "sneak attack" ability with ranged weapons at point blank range. That can result in a LOT of damage real quickly.

Basically, Belkar's reminding her not to antagonize the guy who can order up the pain.

Morgan Wick
2008-06-11, 02:25 PM
Hmm. Re-reading it, I interpret it as "'Waste of time'? You've got the class that can do a lot of damage with an arrow if you get within point blank range, thus obviating the need to use arrows in the first place!" It has nothing to do with what the bandits may have with them.

Chronos
2008-06-12, 12:49 AM
"Point blank range", in game terms, specifically means "within 30 feet". So no, being in point blank range does not necessarily obviate the need for arrows.