PDA

View Full Version : About Xykon's Death...

puzpuz
2008-06-11, 11:24 PM
I'v read something that Redcloack said a few days ago, and I think I understood it, but It sound suspicious... SO I came to an idea... Xykon is a lich, right? So he had to die, to become an undead, right? So... I got to a werid conclusion that Redcloak is the one who killed...? him... :smalltongue: :smallconfused:

BRC
2008-06-11, 11:27 PM
I'v read something that Redcloack said a few days ago, and I think I understood it, but It sound suspicious... SO I came to an idea... Xykon is a lich, right? So he had to die, to become an undead, right? So... I got to a werid conclusion that Redcloak is the one who killed...? him... :smalltongue: :smallconfused:

He did, in Start of Darkness the goblins killed him to turn him into a Lich. Part of the process of lichification is voluntary death, so it's not like RC just stabbed him from behind or anything.

Pepz
2008-06-12, 12:57 AM
not sure if that should be in spoiler tags or not....Is everyone expected to have read SoD by now? :P

Gargor
2008-06-12, 01:43 AM
Liches, unlike say zombies, choose to become undead. So yes Redcloak did preform the lichifing and therefore did technically kill Xykon. it's explain in SoD.

puzpuz
2008-06-12, 02:48 AM
So where can i get this SoD? :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

FujinAkari
2008-06-12, 03:39 AM
So where can i get this SoD? :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Look over to the left side of the screen. Right below the "Forum" button is a "Shop" button, and Start of Darkness can be bought there :)

puzpuz
2008-06-12, 07:12 AM
Look over to the left side of the screen. Right below the "Forum" button is a "Shop" button, and Start of Darkness can be bought there :)

I meant, without buying it on the Internet... You know, we have 3 books here in Israel, and i think there are more that are coming soon, but I don't know; is it SoD or not? because I remember looking in one of the books, and I was pretty sure that it was the same story as this one (and by "this one" I mean the one on this site, the free one...). I never understood the reason for selling something that you can get for free in a legal way... :S

I guess I'm just stupid :smalltongue:

Ceaon
2008-06-12, 07:27 AM
The Giant currently has four books for sale.

Two of them, Dungeon Crawling Fools and No Cure For The Paladin Blues, are compilation books of the strips that can also be found online. There are some extra commentaries and strips in those books, but the main reason to buy them, I guess, is to support the writer.

The other two are prequel books, containing new strips not seen on this site. They are On the Origin of Species and Start of Darkness. The main reason for buying these books is: if you enjoy the online comics, you'll enjoy these books too.

Edit: so you can probably buy or order these books from a local gaming store.

Paladin29
2008-06-12, 07:40 AM
The Giant currently has four books for sale.

Two of them, Dungeon Crawling Fools and No Cure For The Paladin Blues, are compilation books of the strips that can also be found online. There are some extra commentaries and strips in those books, but the main reason to buy them, I guess, is to support the writer.

The other two are prequel books, containing new strips not seen on this site. They are On the Origin of Species and Start of Darkness. The main reason for buying these books is: if you enjoy the online comics, you'll enjoy these books too.

Errr.. Origin of the Species??... Is Rich Burlew a reincarnation of Charles Darwin XDD

puzpuz
2008-06-12, 10:03 AM
:smallsmile:

SlightlyEvil
2008-06-12, 11:02 AM
Errr.. Origin of the Species??... Is Rich Burlew a reincarnation of Charles Darwin XDD

And this, Ceaon, is why you always should check your messages before posting.

The book is question is "On the Origin of PCs".

Ceaon
2008-06-19, 08:06 AM
And this, Ceaon, is why you always should check your messages before posting.

The book is question is "On the Origin of PCs".

Look who's talking. :smallamused:
But yeah, On the Origin of PCs. I think everyone gets the pun now, don't they. :smallwink:

Eric
2008-06-20, 05:39 AM

You'd think that, wouldn't you. However, OOTS books are limited runs and you cannot get some of them because they are out of print.

Rich *may* reprint but then again he may not.

However, there's no way of telling Rich how many people want to buy because you have to go through your local game store intermediary.

Douglas Limmer
2008-06-20, 06:48 AM
There are some extra commentaries and strips in those books, but the main reason to buy them, I guess, is to support the writer.Personally, I find the strips much easier to read in print than in on-line form. Plus, you don't have to worry about heavy load times the site sometimes has.