PDA

View Full Version : Let's See Some Love for Yugoloths [Creature]

The Demented One
2008-06-12, 12:09 AM
Liraloth

http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs14/300W/i/2007/097/0/f/Handsome_Dan_by_Nny2.jpg

Size/Type: Medium Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Psionic, Yugoloth)
Hit Dice: 5d8+5 (27 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 18 (+2 Dex, +4 chain shirt, +2 natural), touch 12, flatfooted 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+5
Attack: Longsword +5 melee (1d8) or Longbow +7 ranged (1d8)
Full Attack: Longsword +5 melee (1d8) or Longbow +7 ranged (1d8)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Cunning scheme, manifesting
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 5/good, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to acid and poison, mutable form, resistance to cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5, telepathy 100 ft.
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +4
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 16
Skills: Appraise +8, Bluff +11, Concentration +10, Diplomacy +15, Gather Information +13, Hide +5, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (History) +8, Knowledge (Local) +8, Knowledge (The Planes) +8, Listen +3, Move Silently +5, Profession (Advocate) +8, Sense Motive +8, Sleight of Hand +4, Spot +3
Feats: Psionic Endowment, Improved Initiative
Environment: Urban
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 6
Treasure: Double standard
Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
Advancement: By class (Favored Class: Psion)
Level Adjustment: +4

Liraloths are low-caste Yugoloths, known for their telepathic powers and shapeshifting ability. Unlike most fiends, Liraloths do not reside in the Outer Planes, but typically make their homes on the Material Plane, living among mortals. They carry about the less subtle and nefarious agenda of the Yugoloth race–carrying out mercantile enterprise, selling the services of Yugoloth mercenaries to mortal warlords, even occasionally serving as a legal advocate (Liraloths have a fondness for helping mortals exploit loopholes in nefarious contracts offered by devils and demons). Liraloths, while capable of masking their true nature, do not go to great pains to do so. Instead, they prefer to establish themselves as a vital and respected part of the community they dwell in, so that should some paladin or crusader expose them as a fiend, the townspeople would stand by the exposed Yugoloth–although possibly with the help of a slight telepathic nudge. Some even adventure, seeking any opportunity to further the cause of the Yugoloth empire.

A Liraloth in its naturally form resembles a fluid, featureless black mass in vaguely anthropomorphic shape, commonly covered up with bandages or human clothing. However, they are able shapeshifters, and easily assume mortal forms.

Cunning Scheme (Ex)
Like all Yugoloths, Liraloths are masters of planning and contingency. Once per day, as an immediate action, a Liraloth can announce an event or action performed by its enemies to be part of its cunning scheme, revealing that it has nefariously manipulated them. At any point in the same encounter, the Liraloth may apply a +3 scheme bonus to a single dice roll.

Manifesting
A Liraloth manifests psionic powers as a 5th-level Telepath. A Liraloth receives 32 power points each day. The save DC of a Liraloth’s powers are equal to 13 + the power’s level.

Typical Powers Known
1st–call to mind, conceal thoughts, empathy, mind thrust, telempathic projection; 2nd–cloud mind, psionic suggestion, read thoughts; 3rd–false sensory input, psionic blast.

Mutable Form (Su)
A Liraloth can use alter self at will, caster level 5th. In addition, a Liraloth’s innards are constantly shifting and transforming. Critical hits, sneak attacks, and similar sources of precision-based damage have a 50% chance to not affect it.

Stycotl
2008-06-12, 04:57 PM
awesome. this is a stellar creation. i think i'm going to stat me up on of these guys as a pc. who's the artist, btw? very cool illustration.

wakazashi.juice
2008-06-12, 05:18 PM
Awesome. Yugoloths don't get nearly enough love.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-06-12, 05:44 PM
awesome. this is a stellar creation. i think i'm going to stat me up on of these guys as a pc. who's the artist, btw? very cool illustration.

That'd be me. :biggrin:

Lady Tialait
2008-06-12, 06:09 PM
Very awesome, and the art is very nice. I don't have any other imput..

Scaboroth
2008-06-12, 07:28 PM
I think we can all agree, yugoloths need love too. I was so very dissappointed that there was not a third Fiendish Codex highlighting the schemes and plots of the NE. If you're willing to go 3rd party, I'd highly recommend "The Book of Fiends" by Green Ronin Press.

Eighth_Seraph
2008-06-12, 09:15 PM
I really like the Cunning Scheme ability. Is that one of your own, or does it come with the Yugoloth package?

Stycotl
2008-06-12, 09:15 PM
That'd be me. :biggrin:

well, now that i know it was you, i take it back. kidding. very nice, krimm. has just about the right amount of artistic exaggeration in it. good job.

Draken
2008-06-12, 11:36 PM
I really like the Cunning Scheme ability. Is that one of your own, or does it come with the Yugoloth package?

Given the current yugoloths... It's his idea.

Nice creature. Yugoloths don't get half the work they deserve.

The Demented One
2008-06-12, 11:47 PM
It's not standard for Yugoloth's, I adapted the idea from a template that someone posted a few months back.