PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Disjunction-junction, what's your function?

Funkyodor
2008-06-12, 08:49 AM
A question / interpretation about this 9th level spell. Because burst spells don't effect targets with total cover. And since its 40' burst targets magic items and magic effects, not PCs, wouldn't the PCs themselves provide total cover to some (or alot) of their items? Can it be reasoned that concealed items don't have to save? And if a bag of holding/handy haversack saves then the items inside save as well? What about potions within sealed containers? Or scrolls within a scroll case? I know walls of force are destroied, but is this before or after they provide total cover to the opposite side?

Burley
2008-06-12, 09:04 AM
I don't know much, but I do know this: The stuff in your Bag-o-Holding don't have cover...because they're on a different plane. Extra-Dimensional Spaces borrow space from other dimensions.
But, your Bag-o-Holding doesn't have cover. So, everything inside is is lost. Mount an expedition.

Chosen_of_Vecna
2008-06-12, 09:13 AM
Well, I would just point to the line in the PHB that says "creatures do not block line of effect." And thus, items go boomy.