PDA

View Full Version : D&D Diseases

Chosen_of_Vecna
2008-06-12, 09:09 AM
Okay, so for a character I'm working on I need a list of diseases to choose from. Does anyone know where I can find Diseases other then searching through every single monster in the MMs and other books?

Funkyodor
2008-06-12, 09:19 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm (SRD Disease Info)

The above link has a blerb in there about D&D Diseases. At least for 3.5.

marjan
2008-06-12, 01:28 PM
The same list as the poster above can be found in DMG (if you prefer it on paper). Also BoVD has a list of diseases, and quite a few nasty ones.

LibraryOgre
2008-06-13, 01:09 AM
1st edition DMG, pages 13&14. Give them whatever names you want, that book still kicks butt.

The Necroswanso
2008-06-13, 01:29 AM
The same list as the poster above can be found in DMG (if you prefer it on paper). Also BoVD has a list of diseases, and quite a few nasty ones.

Warp Touch for the win.

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-13, 01:32 AM
What exactly does Warp Touch do? I'm guessing that it deals Dex damage from the name, but I'm curious about whether it has any other effects.

The Necroswanso
2008-06-13, 01:36 AM
You roll a percent die, and one of like, well a lot of effects happens. Some simply crippling, others completely superfluous.
While you have a chance of gaining wings and a fly speed, you have an equal chance to lose the use of your arms, etc.

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-13, 01:39 AM
That sounds nasty (thank goodness for Remove Disease existing). I'm guessing that beneficial effects such as gaining wings can be "cured" as if they were negative effects, right?

The Necroswanso
2008-06-13, 01:46 AM
I actually don't know how you would cure warp touch. It's one of those nasties.
But yes, any spell that would remove the effects of a disease focused on Warp Touch would remove anything that is technically benefical.

It's a truly crazy spell really. It has three sets of effects that can be rolled.
Destructive horrific effects, superfluous, often funny effects, and benefits.
An example of each would be losing your face. Or, possibley gaining a third eye granting +2 Wisdom. Or, a superfluous one causes your skin to change to a radnom color.
The latter comes with a funny story of a game I was DMing. A Cleric gave the party's halfing Warp Touch. Rolled the skin color change. Rolled for green. Worset of all, the halfling was wielding a brilliant energy blade.

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-13, 01:50 AM
Losing your face would cause Blindness while stopping you from eating or using spells with Verbal Componants, right? (That is really nasty). How was the Halfling using a Brilliant Energy Blade a problem? (I'm assuming that he didn't dazzle everyone due to the colour change).

Shovah
2008-06-13, 01:57 AM
Little green guy.
Glowing energy blade.

Do we need to spell it out for you?
It starts with Yoda and ends with.. well that's all of it. You get the idea.

Solo
2008-06-13, 02:47 AM
Little green guy.
Glowing energy blade.

Spell it out for you, need we do?
With Yoda it starts, and ends with.. well all of it that is. The idea you get.

Fixed it for you, I have.

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-13, 06:46 AM
I never honestly considered that to be honest (I assumed it was an actual mechanical problem rather then a Starwars reference).