PDA

View Full Version : Ina has graduated!

InaVegt
2008-06-12, 11:29 AM
So, as some of you might know, while most of you most likely won't, I was in graduation year of HAVO (Higher General Continued Education)

As the title might've told you, I graduated.

Now, for my grades (with explanotory stuff after the grades):

Dutch: 7 (Good)
German 1: 7 (Good)
Physics 1,2: 7 (Good)
ANW (General Natural Sciences): 8 (Very Good)
Biology: 8 (Very Good)
Chemistry: 8 (Very Good)
History: 8 (Very Good)
Literature: 8 (Very Good)
Mathematics B1,2: 8 (Very Good)
Sociology 1: 8 (Very Good)
English: 9 (Excellent)

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-12, 01:20 PM
I take it that 10 is the highest grade, right? It sounds as though you did really well. Wht are your plans now in regards to careers or further education?

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-12, 01:22 PM
Congratulations! :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-12, 01:24 PM
So, as some of you might know, while most of you most likely won't, I was in graduation year of HAVO (Higher General Continued Education)

Can I borrow those grades as my averages and freak everybody out with them?

Ps, NICE. I don't think you'l have problem going on with MBO, university or a job or such with those grades! Not even a little 6!
NERD! Nah, just kidding, wel done Gezina.

Lord Omberous
2008-06-12, 01:29 PM
Great job Gezina. Wish you the best of luck for your future, though with your grades, I doubt you'll need it.

InaVegt
2008-06-12, 01:32 PM
I take it that 10 is the highest grade, right? It sounds as though you did really well. Wht are your plans now in regards to careers or further education?

Yes, 10 is the highest, and, like, really rare.

As for plans, I'd like to study English in a native speaking country (preferably Canada)

@Mauve: Thank you.

@DD: If I were a nerd, I would've scored much higher, as I was like the laziest person in class.

@Omberous: I need to put in a bit more effort though, slacking off was what I did the most.

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-12, 01:34 PM
That could be interesting (I've heard that Canada is a really nice place). What are your plans after that?

InaVegt
2008-06-12, 01:36 PM
That could be interesting (I've heard that Canada is a really nice place). What are your plans after that?

I'd love to become a published author, failing that, teaching English, most likely.

FdL
2008-06-12, 01:42 PM
Congratulations, Ina!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-12, 02:16 PM
On discussing things to do on long term :
On the list somewhere :
Climb the mt. Everest. Try and learn kung fu.

My current plan is to finish my HAVO(yes I"m doing havo), go to three years of KLM pilot school. Then be stuck for some years at KLM. Then go to the Emirates, which is awesome paying. And take lots of holidays to learn kung fu and such in southern china and to the south-west of that.

Ps, on the nerd thing. I know you aren't. I was just kidding there.:smalltongue:

CrazedGoblin
2008-06-12, 02:50 PM

nice going!:smallbiggrin:

Pepz
2008-06-12, 03:39 PM
wow, I suddenly find out that there's even more dutchies here than I thought :D

congrats gezina on graduating, and let's hope that this first free summer will be a sunny one :smalltongue:

Phase
2008-06-12, 03:44 PM
Good for you! Reach for your dreams! Just don't reach too high, I need my privacy...

Lord Herman
2008-06-12, 03:50 PM
Excellent grades, Ina. You can be proud of yourself! :smallsmile:

PhoeKun
2008-06-12, 03:55 PM
I'd love to become a published author, failing that, teaching English, most likely.

My advice on this front, when you've completed your studies, is to find a stable way to earn money first, and then look into writing and being published.

Anything's fine, so long as you aren't counting on a book to make your livelihood. Knowing what I know about you, you've definitely got the talent, but writing always winds up being better when it's something you want to do, not something you have to do. This is why most of my professors have the jobs they do, despite most of them also being award winning authors...

At any rate, congratulations, and good luck moving forward to the next step!

SMEE
2008-06-12, 04:40 PM
Congratulations Ina, and good luck with the next step. :smallsmile:

InaVegt
2008-06-12, 04:45 PM
My advice on this front, when you've completed your studies, is to find a stable way to earn money first, and then look into writing and being published.

Anything's fine, so long as you aren't counting on a book to make your livelihood. Knowing what I know about you, you've definitely got the talent, but writing always winds up being better when it's something you want to do, not something you have to do. This is why most of my professors have the jobs they do, despite most of them also being award winning authors...

At any rate, congratulations, and good luck moving forward to the next step!

I know you're right. And I'm gonna write, and keep writing, no matter how many rejection letters I get, no matter how much people hate my work, because I cannot live not writing. The day I stop writing is the day I die. But writing should remain a hobby, perhaps a hobby I invest more time in than most do in their hobbies, perhaps a hobby I might earn some coin with, but it should remain a hobby.

Ego Slayer
2008-06-12, 05:19 PM
Conga rats, Ina. Good job. :)

Bag_of_Holding
2008-06-12, 06:17 PM
Wow, I was never any good at social sciences... Congratulations, Gezina! :smallwink:

Lady Tialait
2008-06-12, 06:18 PM
Grats Ina...go forth and try to rule the world...or something like that.

Ashtar
2008-06-12, 06:19 PM
Congratulations!

And for writing, it's just perseverance. My dad took 30 years to get his first book published, the second and third just followed naturally after that. So keep trying (and keep the manuscripts)!

And finally, with those grades (math / chem / bio /...) are you sure you don't want to come over to the dark side and be a scientist / engineer?

PS: And try for the Black Library, they are always looking for short fiction / new authors. It's Warhammer (fantasy or 40k), but it's a good way in if you can make it!

ZombieRockStar
2008-06-12, 08:51 PM
Huzzah! Very nice grades, even if I can't make heads or tails of them. Go Ina! :smallsmile:

That could be interesting (I've heard that Canada is a really nice place).

We are a nice place. And now we get Ina. So now we're even nicer.

Em Blackleaf
2008-06-12, 09:45 PM
Good job, Gezina! Those grades look great, apparently! :smallbiggrin:

Well, I graduated middle school yesterday. :smalltongue:

Wayril
2008-06-12, 10:09 PM

Congratulations! :smallsmile:

Teaching English sounds like a good plan especially if you want to be a published author. Two of my English teachers here have books in the process of being published. I'm pretty sure becoming a teacher is the first step though. A source of income is a nice thing to have. Good luck with whatever you choose to do next.

banjo1985
2008-06-13, 03:42 AM
Huzzah! Congratumalations!

*gives a 10 in an obscure subject to add to the impressive grades*

poleboy
2008-06-13, 06:31 AM
Isn't it strange how it's always easier to score higher grades in English than your native language (unless it's English :p)?
I really think they need to raise the bar on English classes (again, not in in countries where it's an official language), since kids these days speak it on a much higher level than 20 or 30 years ago.

Oh, and congratulations with your fine grades.

InaVegt
2008-06-13, 06:51 AM
Isn't it strange how it's always easier to score higher grades in English than your native language (unless it's English :p)?

That's not true over here, you know. It's just that my English is of much higher quality than my peers, because I practice it so much.

Lord Omberous
2008-06-13, 07:20 AM
I really think they need to raise the bar on English classes (again, not in in countries where it's an official language), since kids these days speak it on a much higher level than 20 or 30 years ago.

Oh, and congratulations with your fine grades.Well, it's similar in English-speaking countries and foreign languages sometimes, though it depends on the person. For me, for exemple, it's extremely easy to learn foreign languages, but for a lot of people, they struggle.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-13, 08:04 AM
On languages : I speak dutch just fine, just don't ask me for grammar. To be honest, don't ask met for grammar at any language. I suck at french and german. I rule at english(mostly because I use it that much).

And I have some talent for obscure languages.

I can speak a few lines of Khuzdul! Ha, bet you don't even know what it is.

Ok, ok. Its Tolkien's form of Dwarven. But I can speak some Quenya, for which there are textbooks and such.

Ok. Ok. Quenya is a form of Tolkien's elven....

Whatdya mean I'm to much into Tolkien's works?:smallconfused:

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-06-13, 07:28 PM
Way to go! Congratulations! Those are awesome grades! Any idea of what you're gonna do with your summer? Any plans for the fall?

Inhuman Bot
2008-06-13, 08:11 PM
Good job! and good luck with yor writing aspirations!