PDA

View Full Version : A thought occured to me

Occasional Sage
2008-06-12, 12:48 PM
...and while I don't know how feasible it is, from a software and programing perspective, it seemed worth floating.

Is it possible to link from a comic page directly to the official discussion thread?

The big issue I can see would be the possibility of thread necromancy. Having to dismantle links all the time would be a major pain for the Forum staff, unless there's a fix possible (like an automatic shut-down of the link a couple of days after the last post, perhaps?). I know nothing about the software and precious little about programming, but from my side of the site it'd be cool to see happen.

Bitzeralisis
2008-06-22, 07:36 PM
As a programmer, I say that the feasibility of your suggestion is very, very high. The problem of necromancy can be fixed by the simple act of putting a link only to the most recent issue's thread.

Rawhide
2008-06-22, 09:20 PM
As a site administrator, I can say that the feasibility of the suggestion is very, very low. I'm sorry to put a damper on your suggestion, but this has been brought up before and turned down for technical reasons.