PDA

View Full Version : 4e: About 'stance' exploits

ZeroSpace9000
2008-06-12, 04:07 PM
I've noticed on a number of fighter powers that some powers, like reaper's stance, have the 'stance' keyword. They also appear to be an ongoing power of some sort. Would someone please explain what's up with said powers?

marjan
2008-06-12, 04:32 PM
Stance is a power that lasts for 5 minutes, until the end of an encounter, or until you use another stance.

ZeroSpace9000
2008-06-12, 06:47 PM
Thanks. I checked out the index in the back, and there was no entry for stance, and I found nothing in the power rules. Which page is that info on, BTW?

marjan
2008-06-12, 07:05 PM
Thanks. I checked out the index in the back, and there was no entry for stance, and I found nothing in the power rules. Which page is that info on, BTW?

It's at the beginning of the power description section. But, yeah, they made it really hard to find something specific.

Dragonmuncher
2008-06-12, 07:23 PM
I had the same confusion. It's in the keywords section- most are fairly self explanatory, and have no mechanics. Stances, though, have that extra thing, and the "Reliable" keyword bears looking at again as well. (It means that if you miss with it, it doesn't count as being used)