PDA

View Full Version : Eureka Seven

black dragoon
2008-06-13, 10:33 AM
I'm an avid fan of the Eureka series both anime and manga and I've got a qeustionto you giants members who else enjoys this series?

Closet_Skeleton
2008-06-13, 03:30 PM
It was fun while it lasted but I wished they'd done a timeskip 75% of the way through to let Renton grow up a few years. Actually, to be honest they should have aged Renton quite a bit without a timeskip since the story could easily have taken up a whole year.

I also annoyed me when they showed the montage of everyone who had caught Despair dying but didn't explain it. That illness had been built up as a subplot throughout the whole series and all the conclusion it got was an unexplained montage. The guy living with his wife in a cottage got a whole episode to himself but Renton just forgets about him and doesn't care that he and a ton of other people die.

black dragoon
2008-06-13, 06:57 PM
Reasonable complaints. I personally would love to see a second series based around what happens later. I wanna know what heppens to Eureka and Renton!

Xuincherguixe
2008-06-13, 07:21 PM
Seems like there was a lot information that got left out. That being said I loved the hell out of this series.

Who would have thought that a show Giant Surf Boarding Robots would actually be pretty awesome? I think that in a way, it's like Evangellion but with a more refined formula. It's messed up, but not really incomprehensible.

black dragoon
2008-06-13, 10:06 PM
Read the manga, Scenes involving coraleians are just trippy,creepy,weird:smalleek:

bluish_wolf
2008-06-14, 09:26 PM
Reasonable complaints. I personally would love to see a second series based around what happens later. I wanna know what heppens to Eureka and Renton!

There is a movie in production.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2008-06-14, 09:37 PM
There is a movie in production.

Excellent!! Loved the series =D There were a few loose ends (despair sickness and others) but as a whole, the series was fantastic.

black dragoon
2008-06-16, 07:04 AM
It was done by studio Bones which seems to rock house no matter what. Look at blood+ another awesome series. bTw a Movie:smalleek: this could go a couple of ways hopefully well

LurkerInPlayground
2008-06-20, 06:43 PM
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1768/lastframe3gm.jpg

This is the final frame of the last episode. Mostly left out of Adult Swim showings and some fansubs.

The documents Grandpa Thurston is perusing is a legal document that certifies Eureka, her kids and Renton as a family.

The park in the final episode is shown to be named after Renton. The blue and red glow at the end are actually set upon the silhouette of Renton and Eureka (hard to see in the Adult Swim broadcast). Basically, it took them a full year to make it back.

LurkerInPlayground
2008-06-20, 06:52 PM
It was fun while it lasted but I wished they'd done a timeskip 75% of the way through to let Renton grow up a few years. Actually, to be honest they should have aged Renton quite a bit without a timeskip since the story could easily have taken up a whole year.

I also annoyed me when they showed the montage of everyone who had caught Despair dying but didn't explain it. That illness had been built up as a subplot throughout the whole series and all the conclusion it got was an unexplained montage. The guy living with his wife in a cottage got a whole episode to himself but Renton just forgets about him and doesn't care that he and a ton of other people die.
Desperation or Despair patients are basically stored within the Coralian. Their living bodies remain in the material world but their minds are in that "library" you see towards the end. The blank books at the end (when the Coralians are guiding debris as "meteor strikes") symbolize the fact that the Coralian is storing the personalities of those it is simultaneously killing using meteor strikes.

Eureka is notably likened to a blank book with "nothing" written in it. But later, she chooses to draw hearts into it for the impact the romance with Renton has had on her.

Stormthorn
2008-06-26, 04:55 PM
It odd how a series can juxtopose surfboarding robots whose weapons generate pink and orange puffball explosions with some of the other stuff that goes on.

I will forever be left with the image of a ten year old boy shooting a woman in the head.

I liked the anime tho.

EDIT: I feel weird using "juxtopose" and "tho" in the same post.

Closet_Skeleton
2008-06-26, 05:50 PM
EDIT: I feel weird using "juxtopose" and "tho" in the same post.

It's spelt juxtapose, so you're not being that inconsistant.

There's also that helpful word "though" but I expect you know that at least.

Stormthorn
2008-06-26, 08:59 PM
It's spelt juxtapose, so you're not being that inconsistant

I figured i was spelling it wrong. My vocabulary far outpaces my ability to spell. And on type of that i dont know how to type correctly and im working with an unfamiliar keyboard.

Also, i dont apreciate your sarcasm and passive-agressive elitist nature. Perhaps in the future you could temper that (well deserved im sure) massive ego with a dose of humility while talking to the rest of us lowly mortals, eh?

bluish_wolf
2008-06-26, 09:07 PM
I figured i was spelling it wrong. My vocabulary far outpaces my ability to spell. And on type of that i dont know how to type correctly and im working with an unfamiliar keyboard.

Also, i dont apreciate your sarcasm and passive-agressive elitist nature. Perhaps in the future you could temper that (well deserved im sure) massive ego with a dose of humility while talking to the rest of us lowly mortals, eh?

I would recommend downloading a program to handle spelling for you, since it's not that bad. That is, of course, unless you are using a public terminal.

Stormthorn
2008-06-26, 09:42 PM
I would recommend downloading a program to handle spelling for you, since it's not that bad. That is, of course, unless you are using a public terminal.

"Could wuk"
It doesnt bother me that my spelling was bad or that i get corrected. I was bothered by the implication that i didnt know how to spell 'though' and that chatspeak was the extent of my language skills as if i was some val-girl with a cell phone glued to her hand.

Although it now occurs to me that "tho" really is a better spelling than th eone at the begining of this sentance. Natural evolution of th elanguage to be less redundant and whatnot.

bluish_wolf
2008-06-26, 10:50 PM
When I see tho, all I can think of is "thole." Like the anime is really bad and you have to suffer through it.

Zeful
2008-06-27, 12:44 PM
Eureka Seven was cool but somethings aren't as well explained as others. My watching the Anime it never explained how Holland got the Nirvash type Zero out of the military's hands, as it's the most powerful LFO ever.

However due to the weird marketing from the time there were also two games (that are really just manga episodes with interactive fighting) that kind of fill in some of the explinations. Eureka Seven: Volume one: The New Wave, takes place nearly three years before the anime and ends with the theft of the Nirvash. The second (I forget the name) leads up to the first episode of the anime but provides little actual clarification on what happens (though I admit to missing a large part of the middle of the Anime).

Stormthorn
2008-06-27, 03:54 PM
Games, eh?
I only ever watched the anime.

black dragoon
2008-06-28, 12:31 PM
From what I heard they were very clunky...personally I'd just read the synopsis on wikipedia.