PDA

View Full Version : [4e]3.5 Character Conversion: PHB

Scintillatus
2008-06-14, 04:37 AM
Link. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4dnd/20080613a)

Proposed Monk setup is weird, but interesting. I'm more interested in how they suggest stuff for the Beguiler and similar PHB2/etc classes, which were a bit more interesting than the typical full casters.

Jarlax
2008-06-14, 06:33 AM
while i appreciate the effort that wizards is going to to accommodate players disappointed by their classes being left out of PHB1 i am satisfied enough with the core classes that i can wait until they address these classes in PHB2 onward.

i think more than anything this article is evidence of how flexible you can be with the classes, changing the fluff for the class can allow you to make something really unique without having to alter them mechanically all that much.

JaxGaret
2008-06-14, 06:44 AM
while i appreciate the effort that wizards is going to to accommodate players disappointed by their classes being left out of PHB1 i am satisfied enough with the core classes that i can wait until they address these classes in PHB2 onward.

i think more than anything this article is evidence of how flexible you can be with the classes, changing the fluff for the class can allow you to make something really unique without having to alter them mechanically all that much.

Definitely. And once they release a splatbook or three (plus the free Dragon stuff etc.), those options will be much more wide open.