PDA

View Full Version : 4e Fey pact warlock with quickling pact

Feralgeist
2008-06-14, 05:29 PM
I was thinking of a warlock concept, where i take the fey pact boon, that lets you teleport 3 squares when someone dies during the curse, but since the pact is with like, an elder quickling immortal or something, cause you know, they are fast and stuff, the fluff could be re-vamped to make it time-stopped, like, the boon lets you harness the time powers of the quicklings, slowing down time by draining the life force from other creatures to speed yourself up(pact boon teleport) is this not mechanically sound? I reckon it's alright. Bottle of bourbon will do that though :P i totally pilfered someones' rum! BOOSH!

Thoughts, anyone?

Tsotha-lanti
2008-06-14, 05:38 PM
It's just a reflavoring. You can reflavor anything to be anything without consequences, since there's no mechanical difference.

erikun
2008-06-15, 09:37 PM
Well, two possible issues.

One is the question of why you're just moving with the stopped time. The lv.22 Wizard spell Time Stop (p.167, if you're curious) allows you to take 2 standard actions, and the classic "Time Stop" spells have traditionally involved the spellcaster doing more than just wandering with their borrowed time.

The other is that it comes out odd mechanically. If you're immobilized, Misty Step still lets you escape (although you're still immobilized). It raises the question of how you moved - quickly or no - if you're still immobile.

Still, you could probably fluff it out. If it's the spirit of a quickling (or whatever) that's doing the moving, there is a very good reason why your character can move around - and possibly some RP value when your Warlock first goes "okay, what just happened?" :smallbiggrin: