Knockout ball

Exotic One-Handed Ranged
Damage: small 1d6, medium 1d8, large 1d10
Critical:17–20/×2
Range Increment: 40ft.
Type:Bludgeoning
Hardness:10
Cost:100gp

This weapon appears to be a nondescript ball wound up in a cloth strip, however the inside of the cloth is covered in runes and magic symbols in order to make it hit harder and more accuratley. The ball itself is always made of some form of wood.

Special:

Knockout balls bounce back to the thrower at a speed of 10ft. per round(with the exceptions of bounce attacks, see below).

You get a +2 bonus on Sleight of Hand checks made to conceal a knockout ball on your body.

Bounce attack:Once per day you may command the knockout ball to bounce around a corner, off the floor, or on any flat surface(such as an enemy shield) and change direction, you may not use a critical hit for a bounce attack. For example, upon hearing an ogre in a room from a hallway you can throw the ball against the opposite wall, commanding it to bounce off that wall into the ogre.
Dispel magic renders this weapon a useless toy, as does antimagic, though the latter is temporary.

RandomFellow
2008-06-14, 11:17 PM
Most amusing. :)

Zeta Kai
2008-06-15, 12:12 AM
That's funny, I though you were referencing this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0448.html). Nice spell anyway, though.

BardicDuelist
2008-06-15, 12:39 AM
I believe there was a halfling sling exotic weapon similar to this in FR. It's interesting and sounds fun, but seems like a needlessly complicated mechanic.

Jayngfet
2008-06-15, 12:56 AM
I believe there was a halfling sling exotic weapon similar to this in FR. It's interesting and sounds fun, but seems like a needlessly complicated mechanic.

Complicated how? You throw it normal: It hits and returns. You throw it 'round an angle:It just hits.You can hide it. It can be dispelled.

Icewalker
2008-06-15, 01:21 AM
It's a little overpowered. 1d8 with a 17-20 crit range is really good when you throw a few crit things on it. I forget if any of those stack, but if you get 2 of them stacking you have a 9-20 crit.

Jayngfet
2008-06-15, 02:03 AM
Which is why its...

A. more expensive

and B. more brittle than a sword.

Jayngfet
2008-06-22, 02:29 AM
I was thinking of making a sport based on this to add depth to my setting, anyone want to see it.