PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Questions

DragonSlayerDan
2008-06-14, 11:30 PM
Was just looking at the core rulebook for this setting, and it doesn't seem THAT different from 3.5, except for the hero points and what not.

I was more or less curious if there were any good campaign ideas that float around here.

I was thinking of doings a time setting pre Episode 1, like KOTOR style? Not sure if this is a good way to go since this it my first time running this.

If anyone needs any more info on what I am thinking, go ahead and ask, but was just looking for any help, or tips and tricks I should keep in mind.

Thanks again.

Dan

Bag_of_Holding
2008-06-14, 11:44 PM
The copy you saw might be the old SW d20 rpg. There's Star Wars: Saga edition that bears more similarity with 4e than 3.5e. I think they're publishing a KOTOR campaign setting for Saga edition sometime soon, iirc.

DragonSlayerDan
2008-06-14, 11:54 PM
Yeah, I was looking at Saga.

It is kind of cool and I think it is a really cut-and-dry style. It amused me greatly at how cool it was.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-06-15, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I was looking at Saga.

It is kind of cool and I think it is a really cut-and-dry style. It amused me greatly at how cool it was.

I'm a big fan of the rule too. It handles the previous balance issues so nicely.:smallbiggrin:

DragonSlayerDan
2008-06-15, 12:19 AM
Oh yeah, I remember playing an older version like..6 years ago, and thought woah, this is tough. I was surfing wizards site and found some cool plot ideas, I will def. have to try this with my group, lol.

SmartAlec
2008-06-15, 02:19 AM
Pretty sure there's a Knights of the Old Republic Sourcebook coming out for SAGA Edition some time in August.

KillianHawkeye
2008-06-15, 05:15 AM
This is the best news I've heard all day.

Thiel
2008-06-15, 05:50 AM
I see no reason why you shouldn't make a KotOR campaign. All the information you need is still available even if WotC haven't released an official book yet.

Mjoellnir
2008-06-15, 06:02 AM
There are even stats for the Ebon Hawks class.:smallamused:

At the moment Wizard slowly releases an internet campaign from level 1 to 20 in the time after Order 66. At the moment they are at adventure number 5. This year they want to release a KOTOR Guide (I guess with many lost force powers) and a The Force Unleashed Guide which should make it possible to play a force monster like Vaders secret apprentice.

TheThan
2008-06-15, 01:10 PM
Yup.

The campaign they have is called “The Living Force”. I think they have it in paperback, you’ll have to check the wizards site and see if its there. (unless they've started a new one).

I really hate the space ship combat system they have in saga. I much rather prefer the system they used in the revised rulebook. In fact I think they should have adopted those rules for their starship minis game. But that’s about the only thing I don’t seem to like in saga.

Mjoellnir
2008-06-15, 01:27 PM
They've started a new one. It's called "Dawn of Defiance", you play a bunch of young heroes who help Bail Organa in founding the rebellion.

Lupy
2008-06-15, 01:43 PM
There is a KOTOR setting coming out this summer. And if it was SAGA, it's very similar to 4th edition (and yes, it is the coolest game ever :smallamused: )

TheThan
2008-06-15, 02:32 PM
They've started a new one. It's called "Dawn of Defiance", you play a bunch of young heroes who help Bail Organa in founding the rebellion.

really, that sounds pretty cool. I might have to check it out (been thinking about starting up a starwars saga game anyway).