PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the oracle

Haleyintraining
2008-06-15, 02:54 PM
Here are the questions that were asked to the oracle in 331:

:haley:: Bfqe zqp M rt et fjketfj wi kljjzf? A: When the gift horse comes calling, don't look it in the mouth.
:elan:: Will this story have a happy ending? A: Yes- for you, at least.
:durkon:: How will I finally be returnin' to me beloved dwarven homelands? A: Posthumously.
:roy:: (Shortened version) Will Xykon go to Girard's gate or Kraagar's gate first? A: Girard's gate.
:vaarsuvius:: How will I achieve complete and total ultimate arcane power? A: By saying the right four words to the right being at the right time for all the wrong reasons.
:belkar:: Do I get to cause the death of any of the following: Miko, Miko's stupid horse, Roy Vaarsuvius, or you? A: Yes.

Now Haley, Celia, and Belkar are heading back to the oracle. We already know Haley will ask about how to find V, Durkon, and Elan, but what do you think Celia and Belkar will ask? Also, will the Oracle see Roy? Does anyone have any ideas?

Gamerlord
2008-06-15, 03:10 PM
Celia: how do i convert :belkar: to LG?
A:You don't.
Belkar: How do i kill you?
A:Please see killing two small beings with one strip.

Uncle Festy
2008-06-15, 03:38 PM
I was under the impression that they were going to the oracle to get Roy raised. But yeah, Haley will probably ask the Oracle about where Elan and co. are. Belkar will probably ask the follow up to his last question, ("Sweet! Which one?"), and Celia… I dunno. Since Roy's gonna get rezzed, he can ask a question, too. Any thoughts?

AceOfFools
2008-06-15, 04:23 PM
First off, this thread should have a spoiler warning.

Assuming how they get questions

:haley:"How can we get back in touch with the rest of the party/Elan."
:belkar:"How do I get this stupid mark of justice removed.
Assuming Roy gets resurected without a hitch, would be a truly shocking twist:
Celia: "Will I pass my classes this semester?"
:roy:"How come no one could hear me when I was a ghost."

At least that's the best I can think of.

David Argall
2008-06-15, 07:29 PM
Hmm... Now those who like the idea of Belkar offing the Oracle might suggest Belkar ask "Which of those 5 I mentioned before do I get to destroy? Answer: None. The kobold, or maybe Haley, goes on to explain that he has caused the death of Roy, but won't destroy any of the 5. So Belkar goes on a rage and kills the Oracle, before the others can ask their questions. The girls criticize Belkar, but Belkar defends himself as they leave by saying that he can't have been that good a prophet if he could not predict his death. Then we see a cleric showing up to raise dead the kobold.

Kato
2008-06-16, 01:56 AM
Hm... Haley's surely gonna ask about how to contact the other's.... and Celia about how to raise Roy. (As they said already -.-*) B will surely - if he hadn't realized it till now - ask whom he'll kill, if the answer is Roy, he will rage, yeah, and then probably do as mentioned, killing him and complaining he didn't see his own death coming.

'Nother Question! What would YOU ask the oracle? (was this already asked during the Sunken Valley arc? I don't care)
I'd probably go with B and ask, how I can get a real hot chick doing whatever I want her to, hehe...

Haleyintraining
2008-06-16, 05:40 AM
I'd ask:

Will Redcloak end up getting killed by the order?

Gamerlord
2008-06-16, 02:36 PM
I'd ask:

The awnser: no Because he rules, paladins drool.

David Argall
2008-06-16, 03:36 PM
I'd ask:

Why?
Other than as a plot spoiler, it's not an important question.
Now Roy and Eugene might well care about exactly who takes out Xykon, but for nearly everyone else, we just want them dead [or saved in some cases]. The exact means is trivial.

B.I.T.T.
2008-06-16, 04:42 PM
This may seem like it's off topic but

BOOYA! I finally decoded Haley's cryptogram on that one!

the "F" equals "R" and "H" thus

"What can I do to restore my speech?" was Haley's question. The "When the gift horse comes, don't look it in the mouth." is a bit cryptic itself, until you realize that Nale gifted her with a dress and a dinner, and a night alone. Thus Elan was able to bust in on the two of them leading to Nale trying to convince him that Haley was evil, which lead to Haley loudly declaring....

But that's all just a long explanation for something that I'm sure every one of you have already figured out by now. I must be channelling the V-miester. :vaarsuvius:

AceOfFools
2008-06-16, 07:15 PM
Where can I find a game in Troy?

Seriously, I just moved, and I don't know anyone who plays in the area.

David Argall
2008-06-16, 11:47 PM
And the question for Belkar seems to be "Why didn't you wait until we got our questions answered?"

Klose_the_Sith
2008-06-17, 01:17 AM
Hmm... Now those who like the idea of Belkar offing the Oracle might suggest Belkar ask "Which of those 5 I mentioned before do I get to destroy? Answer: None. The kobold, or maybe Haley, goes on to explain that he has caused the death of Roy, but won't destroy any of the 5. So Belkar goes on a rage and kills the Oracle, before the others can ask their questions. The girls criticize Belkar, but Belkar defends himself as they leave by saying that he can't have been that good a prophet if he could not predict his death. Then we see a cleric showing up to raise dead the kobold.

Freak. Srsly.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-06-17, 01:31 AM
.... Then we see a cleric showing up to raise dead the kobold.

Well, the rest of the post was accurate...but that still seems plausible as opposed to very likely.

Kurald Galain
2008-06-17, 06:29 AM
Hmm... Now those who like the idea of Belkar offing the Oracle might suggest Belkar ask "Which of those 5 I mentioned before do I get to destroy? Answer: None. The kobold, or maybe Haley, goes on to explain that he has caused the death of Roy,

Wow, you're a future psychic!

Ninja
2008-06-24, 06:51 AM
This may seem like it's off topic but

BOOYA! I finally decoded Haley's cryptogram on that one!

you ever considered some job involving hieroglyphs ( or w/e they are spelled)....