PDA

View Full Version : Any fans of the olympics

slipnslide
2008-06-15, 07:18 PM
only 2 months away now..probably a little less...i saw this (http://www.kleenex.com/Let-It-Out/Let-It-Out-Movie.aspx)...for a documentary being made on the stories about the olympics and i got all wrapped up in thinking about the ones upcoming...anyone else excited?

Dave Rapp
2008-06-15, 09:40 PM
You're asking if a forum that's about 85% nerd is excited about an international feats-of-strength competition? Maybe you didn't get the memo, but we generally tend to be opposed to large amounts of unnecessary physical activity. :smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-15, 10:03 PM
Oh, the olympics are fun. I find the winter ones more exciting than the summer ones though.

EvilElitest
2008-06-15, 10:08 PM
the french put the torch out, i'm sorry, that is amazing
from
EE

skywalker
2008-06-15, 10:17 PM
I'm really excited to watch the olympics, actually. I love sports.

I also think the French putting out the torch is amazing. While I respect China and I don't think the games should be boycotted or anything, I also think the situation in Tibet needs to be addressed.

Anyway, back to the olympics, I love watching them, especially the swimming, the soccer, the gymnastics... scratch that, I love watching all of it!

WalkingTarget
2008-06-15, 10:48 PM
I've been a fan of the Olympics for as long as I can remember (first summer games I have clear memories of watching were the '92 Barcelona games). I'm more of a fan of the older, more objective events (track and field, swimming, etc.) but still will watch the subjective ones (you know, the ones with judges) and the modern sports (basketball, soccer, etc.) if they're all that are on.

Side note: Vic Wunderle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Wunderle), a member of the U.S. archery team for the last two outings (and the silver individual winner in 2000) was from my tiny hometown, which was kind of cool. His whole family did archery demonstrations for our school occasionally.

InaVegt
2008-06-16, 12:55 AM
I have watched most of the olympics every time.

I won't be watching anything this time, out of principle.

captain_decadence
2008-06-16, 12:59 AM
I will probably watch them. I think that there's alot of stuff going on about the whole Tibet thing that makes this a very politically charged Olympics but me not watching them and enjoying them will not change anything.