PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Multiclass Synergies

Oracle_Hunter
2008-06-16, 02:38 AM
So, I really enjoyed the 3e version of multiclassing - it was easy to do and fun to play with. However, it lead to some very silly multiclasses which, I'm happy to say, 4e has managed to deal with.

That said, I still like playing with multiclassing, so I was wondering if anyone had come up with some interesting/powerful/fun ones?

Off the top of my head, a Charisma Rogue could do worse than snagging the Feypact Power to gain temporary invisibility from a guard to move back into hiding, or to move into position for a Sneak Attack. Additionally, INT Warlords seem like they wouldn't mind being able to lay down a Thunderwave or some of the zones to help with battlefield control.

I also toyed with the idea of a Paladin Duelist that took Ranger for that one-off extra damage.

Anyone else have something a bit more detailed?

martyboy74
2008-06-16, 07:57 AM
It looks like a pure controller wizard could gain a lot more from going into Divine Oracle (Cleric Paragon path) than any of the wizard paths.

Charity
2008-06-16, 08:09 AM
^ sounds like a winning combo

I have been toying with a few multiclass scenarios for a Laser cleric

Dwarf Cleric/Infernal warlock thou paragon paths are limited.
Elf Cleric/Ranger dump str and cha (yeah, It'll be OK with just wis) and pump Dex and Wis, though it will lose out at the higher levels I recon.

I tried to get excited about warlords, but they just seem a little disjointed, I'm not sure what to make of them yet, but
Eldarin Warlord/wizard seems like it might be fun.

Oracle_Hunter
2008-06-16, 08:45 AM
^ sounds like a winning combo

I have been toying with a few multiclass scenarios for a Laser cleric

Dwarf Cleric/Infernal warlock thou paragon paths are limited.
Elf Cleric/Ranger dump str and cha (yeah, It'll be OK with just wis) and pump Dex and Wis, though it will lose out at the higher levels I recon.

I tried to get excited about warlords, but they just seem a little disjointed, I'm not sure what to make of them yet, but
Eldarin Warlord/wizard seems like it might be fun.

Warlords are pretty fun, really, if you have a flanking buddy. With all the ally shifting they get, Warlords work well if you have a couple of Rogues around, or possibly a Ranger - though to be honest, they work best if they can command a small army of NPCs. Multiclassing into Warlord just seems like a bad idea though... I can't think of any reason to do it, aside from a Fighter who wants to pick up some of the group buff encounters and dailies, which might be neat.

Paladins have some neat debuffs, actually... they should work pretty well with many multiclasses.

ghost_warlock
2008-06-16, 09:26 AM
I haven't playtested either, but I have a couple build ideas I planned out:

The first is a high-Con paladin build that picks up a few warlock powers to increase mobility (ethereal stride) and lay down some high-damage, ranged AoEs (e.g., tendrils of thuban, swaps here and there). I thought they were appropriate for a paladin devoted to the Raven Queen. :smallbiggrin:

The second is a rogue build that picks up weapon of the gods and hallowed ground from the cleric list. Not bad trades for the rogue powers available at those levels.

fendrin
2008-06-16, 03:13 PM
It looks like a pure controller wizard could gain a lot more from going into Divine Oracle (Cleric Paragon path) than any of the wizard paths.

Well, to be fair, Divine Oracle seems to be rather nice for almost anyone. I will disagree slightly though, as Spellstorm Mage has some very nice stuff for a controller mage... especially if they invested in their wisdom.

Ealstan
2008-06-16, 03:34 PM
The multiclass idea I'm looking forward to is an Eladrin, either Rogue going into Warlock or vice versa. Get all the teleporting stuff I can and ruthlessly shiv people, pretty simple.

JaxGaret
2008-06-16, 08:06 PM
Dragonborn or Half-Elf Paladin/Warlord can be pretty good, if your DM lets you pick a Warlord path (Inspiring Presence) when you take the Initiate feat.