PDA

View Full Version : The progeny of boredom a TCG

black dragoon
2008-06-16, 07:27 AM
The TCG it brings more words to my mind than it should...
I thought I'd grown out of them and then....
at work late one night a terrible terrible thought creeped into my mind. A GITP TCG. Part of my mind exploded....
I thought of how Gitp seems to have numerous Vs. threads with a few powerful users that many back amongst them EE, Rutee and several others and it snowballed from there.
Like any Card game there will be a few phases the first would be deciding who would go first by drawing a hand of several cards. whoever has the iniative will be able to pick the arena or actually the forum area that will be played. From here The other guy would play a playgrounder who will start out as a pixie in playground. to advance you must win battles and play 'posts' or enhancements that increase the power of your playgrounders. Battle phases will allow for auto upgrades to your 'monsters' this is not to say that losing will completly set you out of the game and certain cards would only be played after losing a round. Also certain cards can only be played in certain forums. Specific cards such as Avatar threads or Termie pownege could only be played on specific threads.
wow that's a ramble alright, in short would you guy be willing to help create something as crazy as this?

Tom_Violence
2008-06-16, 07:34 AM
Oh, it means Trading Card Game. That's... less interesting.

black dragoon
2008-06-16, 07:39 AM
What did you think it meant?

Player_Zero
2008-06-16, 09:03 AM
You just activated my trap card!

http://www.yugioh-cards.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/db2/DB2-EN073.jpg
This allows me to sacrifice one half of my life points to negative the activation of this topic!

Heh... Funny every time... For me, that is. You guys can go to hell for all I care. :smalltongue:

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-16, 09:10 AM
This sounds interesting. What do you think my card would do? (I'm guessing something healing/defence based would be best). The homebrew section would be the best place for this thread if you need help with making the game (I don't know much about card games).

black dragoon
2008-06-16, 09:24 AM
Wow, glad to see such positive feelings here....*packs topic into trunk and throws heavy chains on top* I'll be leaving now...

Player_Zero
2008-06-16, 09:29 AM
Wow, glad to see such positive feelings here....*packs topic into trunk and throws heavy chains on top* I'll be leaving now...

Awww... I'ma sorry. It's just that it'd never catch on without proper professional backing, and everyone is much to lazy to pull it off. :smalltongue:

black dragoon
2008-06-16, 09:38 AM
Yeah, that is true. Still can't blame a body for trying. :smallwink:
I'm gonna move it to the actual gaming thread. hehe +4 bonus to posting woot!

SurlySeraph
2008-06-17, 03:00 AM
Heh... Funny every time... For me, that is. You guys can go to hell for all I care. :smalltongue:

Okay, I consider myself cynical, but this is getting to be a bit much. *beats Player Zero unconscious with the Happiness-Bat*
People are good things! Go hug someone! Barney commands it!

Warshrike
2008-06-17, 08:26 AM
Sounds like a kickass idea.

So things like you could get your Characters to Mod or Admin status, then unlock new cards like "TempBan- Tap card for X turns" or "Permban- Delete Char Account"??

black dragoon
2008-06-18, 07:14 PM
Yep, Figure if you're have a card that can reach admin level then you have one heck of an ace in the hole. also figure playing modifier cards is the equivilant to a post on a thread. There's tricks there to such as double post cards or a rapid comeback card that allows for you to cancel out an enemy move. really when I look at forums it's not hard to see a series of simple and common manuvers used throughout boiling it all down into a series tactics and moves like a game. At least I did'nt post the progeniter to this that was a reteraunt themed one.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-06-20, 08:50 PM
Hmm. Could be cool. But please, if you're going to make a TCG, base it off of something half decent, like Magic: The Gathering or Duelmasters, and not that rip-off known as Yu-Gi-Oh.

I'd be happy to help, by the way.

black dragoon
2008-06-23, 12:18 PM
Good to know! I please ask those backing me in this to please look into my thread clone in the gaming area as I have a +1 bonus to HP andcan resist critques more easily:smalltongue: yeah I will. I was thinking of bit of a mix and match to get a certain feel that fits posting on forums something like poke'mon/magic/something else

Amras Seer
2008-06-23, 10:48 PM
MoJ

When target character kills a living creature withing a town or city
add a vomit breath attack and card is unable to defend.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2008-06-23, 11:14 PM
If we manage this, if we create a TCG.... can we make Radio Game action figures? With real working lights and sound?

black dragoon
2008-06-25, 05:00 PM
O.o ?hmm?
Anyway our current ideas are moving along lines simaler to magic and Poke'mon so please look to those for inspiration.

black dragoon
2008-08-04, 12:52 PM
THe TCG Lives!!!!!!!! So please anyonne here still willing to help?