PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Witch Sorcerer variant.

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-16, 07:48 AM
Has anyone ever used the Witch Sorcerer variant? I found it on Crystal Keep, and from what I can gather it's identicle to a normal Sorcerer apart from being limited to spells from the list on page 198 of http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Classes-Base.pdf . Is the class particularly balanced? I thought it looked really interesting, but the spells which it can use appear to be quite limited. Also, would alowing the class to use higher level cure spells unbalance it too much?

Burley
2008-06-16, 11:19 AM
I have never seen that variant before. What is it originally from?

Also, thanks for that link. That's an amazing resourse.

It doesn't look too unbalanced. Does the class have spells known, or is it like the warmage, and it knows everything on it's list?

kamikasei
2008-06-16, 12:33 PM
I have never seen that variant before. What is it originally from?

DMG p175, it's an example of making new classes. She casts just like a sorcerer, but with a different spell list.

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-16, 12:50 PM
According to the class description, it knows the same number of spells as a normal Sorcerer. I was wondering about balance due to a lot of the spells it can learn later appearing to be a bit poor. Would adding more healing spells (and possibly the Summon Nature's Ally spells) unbalance it? They would fit with the flavour of the class pretty well. I know what you mean about Crystal Keep being a good website (I often refer to it when posting addvice on here).