PDA

View Full Version : Dog Help!

ImperialGolem
2008-06-16, 04:04 PM
Hey everyone, I just have a question.

I have a 12, almost 13, year old toy poodle. She is very thin, as in thinner than is healthy I think. She occasionally has a seizure, but hasn't had one recently. However, today I noticed a really big lump on her stomach which looks very bad. Any ideas on what this could be (I'll try to take her to the vet today, but I just want to know what you guys think it could be).

SerenityKry
2008-06-16, 06:01 PM
Well, I'm definitely not a vet, so don't take anything I say as concrete.

I could honestly not tell you what the problem may be. Older dogs get some weird problems, age does that. With her being 12-13 she's getting towards the end of her strand there.

Get her to the vets asap, if you have the extra cash maybe take her to the puppy emergency room. It costs extra but the problem gets taken care of right away.

When my chihuahua threw out his back ( I know! >.< ), I had taken him to the emergency room after a couple days of him not improving. It cost me a good $150 but he got shots of pain meds, muscle relaxers and sedatives. He was a vegetable puppy for the rest of the day.

Just remember, be prepared for the wrost, she is an older dog, and good luck! Hopefully it can be fixed and you can have more time with her.

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-06-16, 06:41 PM
Hey everyone, I just have a question.

I have a 12, almost 13, year old toy poodle. She is very thin, as in thinner than is healthy I think. She occasionally has a seizure, but hasn't had one recently. However, today I noticed a really big lump on her stomach which looks very bad. Any ideas on what this could be (I'll try to take her to the vet today, but I just want to know what you guys think it could be).

She might have some kind of a stone. My own dog, a Pekingese, had a similar problem. She had gallstones and had to have them remove surgically. We had to change her diet and everything.

I hope your dog will be fine. :smallfrown:

Jae
2008-06-16, 07:15 PM
It could possibly be a tumor?? =/// I surely hope not, but my stepfathers dogs both got lumps that turned out to be tumors...

Im with everyone else in saying go to the vet asap

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2008-06-16, 07:28 PM
It could very well be nothing. Many dogs get fatty deposits on their stomachs as they age. I have a 14 year old cocker spaniel that has several. There's really nothing wrong with them, and they don't cause the dog any pain. But, a trip to the vet would confirm that.

Zeb The Troll
2008-06-17, 12:37 AM
Yeah, I'd be more concerned about the thin-ness than the bumps, unless it's abnormally large. I have a suspicion that given what you describe, even a vet itP would advise a visit to the doggy doctor post haste, though. Let us know how it goes. We'll be here hoping the best for her.