PDA

View Full Version : Conquer the world (experienced players preferred)

rockdeworld
2008-06-17, 04:07 AM
If you had to conquer a DnD world in 2 months, how would you do it? I'm thinking up a villain for my next campaign, and I thought I'd throw this out there, in hopes I'd get some ideas.

Specs:
-You can start at ECL 21 of any class, as though making a level 21 character (with 212000 exp).
-You must have completed your plan by the end of the second month (or 61 days after you've started).
-If you're a wizard, you may start with 40 Couatls permanently summoned. Otherwise, minions of equal power to 40 Couatls (via the ECL calculator - approx. EL 21).
-If you create a demiplane via Genesis, you cannot have time flow quicker than 10:1 relative to the material plane, or similar power effects.
-You must overcome, in the course of these two months, each of the following:
7 international governments, each leading millions of people.
The 3 Inevitables, who search for you as a group
1 quasi-deity, level 20, non-spellcaster (or a spellcasting class that doesn't go above 4).
A Great Wyrm Force or Prismatic Dragon, if possible, by any means possible (including diplomacy).
-You may encounter these in any order, save the dragon which is last.
-If you can do all of the above, lay out a blueprint for how you would spend your two months, including character build up, spells cast, modes of travel, and (if applicable) bases of operations. Include anything else you would like.

Anyone think they can do it?

Emperor Tippy
2008-06-17, 06:06 AM
Wizard 5/ Incantatrix 10/ Archmage 5/ Epic Incantatrix 1
Feats: Epic Spellcasting (and various other ones that aren't that important)

Prime Material Day 1
Day 1:
-Create a flowing time plane with Arcane Genesis that experiances time at a rate of 10:1 relative to the prime material.
-Gate in a Solar, repeat 19 times.
-Chain Mind Rape the 20 gated Solars.
-Have said Solars Wish themselves to you once gate sends it back home.
-Repeat Gate Rape 4 more times (for a total of 100 Solars)
-Create an Epic spell to permanently summon 9 Solars (referred to as ES 1) (mitigates to 0 with Solar and Couatl spell slots).
-Cast ES 1 twice
-End day total of Solar's: 118 (100 Gate Rape, 18 Summoned)

Day 2:
-Have all Gate Rape Solar's wish for a Scroll of Gate each.
-Repeat Gate Rape using the Wished Scrolls (total of 200 Gate Rape Solars)
-Create ES 3 to summon 18 Solars per casting.
-Cast ES 3 twice (for an additional 36 Solars).
-End day total of Solar's: 254 (200 Gate Rape, 54 Summoned)

Day 2:
-Repeat Gate Rape using the Wished Scrolls (total of 200 Gate Rape Solars)
-Create ES 3 to summon 18 Solars per casting.
-Cast ES 3 twice (for an additional 36 Solars).
-End day total of Solar's: 254 (200 Gate Rape, 54 Summoned)

Day 3:
-Repeat Gate Rape using the Wished Scrolls (total of 400 Gate Rape Solars)
-Create ES 4 to summon 37 Solars per casting.
-Cast ES 4 twice (for an additional 74 Solars).
-End day total of Solar's: 528 (400 Gate Rape, 128 Summoned)

Day 4:
-Repeat Gate Rape using the Wished Scrolls (total of 800 Gate Rape Solars)
-Create ES 5 to summon 70 Solars per casting.
-Cast ES 5 twice (for an additional 140 Solars).
-End day total of Solar's: 1,068 (800 Gate Rape, 268 Summoned)

Day 5:
-Repeat Gate Rape using the Wished Scrolls (total of 1,600 Gate Rape Solars)
-Create ES 6 to summon 134 Solars per casting.
-Cast ES 6 twice (for an additional 168 Solars).
-End day total of Solar's: 2,036 (1,600 Gate Rape, 436 Summoned)

Day 6:
-Repeat Gate Rape using the Wished Scrolls (total of 3,200 Gate Rape Solars)
-Create ES 7 to summon 262 Solars per casting.
-Cast ES 7 twice (for an additional 524 Solars).
-End day total of Solar's: 4,160 (3,200 Gate Rape, 960 Summoned)

Day 7:
-Repeat Gate Rape using the Wished Scrolls (total of 6,400 Gate Rape Solars)
-Create ES 7 to summon 532 Solars per casting.
-Cast ES 7 twice (for an additional 1,064 Solars).
-End day total of Solar's: 8,424 (6,400 Gate Rape, 2,024 Summoned)

Day 8:
-Repeat Gate Rape using the Wished Scrolls (total of 12,800 Gate Rape Solars)
-Create ES 7 to summon 1,201 Solars per casting.
-Cast ES 7 twice (for an additional 2,402 Solars).
-End day total of Solar's: 17,226 (12,800 Gate Rape, 4,426 Summoned)

Day 9:
-Repeat Gate Rape using the Wished Scrolls (total of 25,600 Gate Rape Solars)
-Create ES 7 to summon 2,431 Solars per casting.
-Cast ES 7 twice (for an additional 4,862 Solars).
-End day total of Solar's: 34,888 (25,600 Gate Rape, 9,288 Summoned)

Day 10:
-Repeat Gate Rape using the Wished Scrolls (total of 51,200 Gate Rape Solars)
-Create ES 7 to summon 4,897 Solars per casting.
-Cast ES 7 twice (for an additional 9,794 Solars).
-End day total of Solar's: 70,282 (51,200 Gate Rape, 19,082 Summoned)

At the end of the first day you can mitigate away 1,195,074 DC. Or 239,014 points before permanency is accounted for.

Now we get into the fun spells.

Enslave the Nation (Ritual)
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Spellcraft DC: 0
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 miniute
Range: 75 ft.
Area: 1,191,180-foot radius
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
To Develop: 0 gp; 0 days; 0 XP. Seed: contact (DC 23), compel (DC 19), dispel (DC 19). Factors: stricter compulsion of any creature (ad hoc +11 DC), works regardless of language (+4 DC), change target to 20-foot radius area (+10 DC), increase area to 1,191,180-foot radius (+238,238 DC), +100 on checks to beat SR (+200 DC), increase will save by 100 (+200 DC), +100 on CL checks to beat foe's dispel effect (+200 DC), pierce protections (+90), permanent (×5 DC). Mitigating factors: 70,282 additional casters contributing one 9th-level spell slot (-1,194,794 DC), 40 additional casters contributing one 4th-level spell slot (-280 DC).

The character makes a permanent thrall of all living creatures within the area. The character establishes a telepathic link with the subject’s mind. If the creature has a language, the character can generally force the subject to perform as he or she desires, within the limits of its abilities. If the creature has no language, the character can communicate only basic commands. The character knows what the subject is experiencing, but does not receive direct sensory input from it. A subject forced to take an action against its nature receives a saving throw with a penalty of -10 to resist taking that particular action, but if it succeeds, it still remains the character’s thrall despite its minor mutiny. Once a subject makes a successful saving throw to resist a specific order, it makes all future saving throws to resist taking that specific action without a penalty. A dispel attempt made at 1d20+100 is made against all magical protections - be they spells, abilities, or items - within the spells area. This attempt is made before any other calculations (if a create has Mindblank up for example, then the dispel check is made before immunity to the spell is calculated).

---
That should take care of it. Blow the rest of your 2 months just stacking protections on yourself. Complete immunity to magic is only 1,016 pre mitigation. 100,000 points of protection per round against bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage is also doable with your Solars. You can do the same against all energy types. An AC of several million is also possible.

And that is all before Origin of the Species fun starts.
----

Note that I only took 1 Prime Material Day. If I took say 10 then I could do some truly heinous things.

hamishspence
2008-06-17, 06:40 AM
where are you getting 70000+ additional casters? Fair is fair: all creatures should start the same: Just you, no backup.

rockdeworld
2008-06-17, 06:44 AM
Quite excellent. By my calculations, you exceeded the maximum number of rounds in a given day on day 9 (you have to use the scroll of Gate yourself, correct?), since there are 24*60*10 = 14,400 rounds in a given day, and you use 25,600 scrolls, 1 chain mind rape, and 2 epic spells. However if I'm right that is irrelevant for 2 reasons:
1) You can command the Solars to do 2 things (in under 20 rounds), first to wish for a scroll of gate and then to use it and command the gated in solars to hold still (for a mind-rape).
2) If (1) doesn't work, you still have enough days to summon up - and take control of - a ton of solars geometrically, rather than exponentially.

Then Origin of Species yourself into Pun-Pun or better, and you're set.

Fricken sweet work Tippy. This has definately given me a good idea for a villain... and the start of a plot :smallamused:

@^, you might want to read the spoiler.

Emperor Tippy
2008-06-17, 07:04 AM
Quite excellent. By my calculations, you exceeded the maximum number of rounds in a given day on day 9 (you have to use the scroll of Gate yourself, correct?), since there are 24*60*10 = 14,400 rounds in a given day, and you use 25,600 scrolls, 1 chain mind rape, and 2 epic spells. However if I'm right that is irrelevant for 2 reasons:
1) You can command the Solars to do 2 things (in under 20 rounds), first to wish for a scroll of gate and then to use it and command the gated in solars to hold still (for a mind-rape).
2) If (1) doesn't work, you still have enough days to summon up - and take control of - a ton of solars geometrically, rather than exponentially.

Then Origin of Species yourself into Pun-Pun or better, and you're set.

Fricken sweet work Tippy. This has definately given me a good idea for a villain... and the start of a plot :smallamused:

@^, you might want to read the spoiler.

Shapechanged into a Choker, I get 2 standard actions per round.

The real problem is actually Mind Rape, I messed up and it can only get 20 Solars per Casting and I don't have that enough 9th level spell slots. If you double the number of days (so my above post takes 2 Prime Material days instead of 1) then I can do it with Wished up Mind Rape scrolls.

hamishspence
2008-06-17, 07:14 AM
while this might fit with optimization, i'm not sure of that many solars actually exist in the game. the interpretation of Gate is rather generous: if solars have telepathy they should know the intention. and Lower Your Defenses is a bit more serious service than the usual thing.

you'd think they'd notice the alarming drop in numbers of solars not coming back, and send something to investigate.

Talic
2008-06-17, 07:34 AM
Nice. The epic spell will have difficulties against anything with natural immunities to mind-affecting abilities, such as undead, but is otherwise awesome.

I think the Jumplomancer could do it too.

Griffin131
2008-06-17, 07:39 AM
Various Winnings
Stole my thunder :(

rockdeworld
2008-06-18, 03:31 AM
Don't be down - I posted it so anyone could try.

@Tippy: If you're interested, try this more difficult challenge instead. The above gave you a lot of free time, so theory was the only important thing, but this one will increase the difficulty to be on par with "real life" or so. It's otherwise mostly the same as above.
Specs:
-Genesis creates a demiplane that functions exactly the same as the material plane. The caster can only alter the atmosphere, water, temperature, and the general shape of the terrain.
-Planar Shepard is unaccesable.
-Shivering Touch is an unknown spell.
-Same challenge as above, except as noted below.

Fluff:
You are a spellcaster have recently gained the power of the gods - epic levels. Your divinations and mental prowess have revealed to you that a threat to the material plane unfolds whose danger is so great that it requires a strong person - namely you - to conquer the entire world in order to combat it. According to said divinations, the threat will come to pass in about 4 weeks (26 days).

You have secured - through various means - the services of 40 couatls who are loyal to you unto death, and are in the process of creating your own demiplane which can serve as your base of operations. Once you are finished, a higher power will be alerted to the threat you pose, and send the 3 Inevitables after you, who will arrive wherever you are the first day after you finish, with the sole intention of killing you.

Further divinations reveal that, should you survive the first day, you can secure the aid of unwitting Solars with your magical prowess in order to assist you in creating and casting epic-level spells. By continuing this process for several days, the deity whom the solars serve will be alerted, and send its proxy (with, say, the Know Secrets divine ability) after you with the purpose of stopping you. This proxy is a level 20 mage-slayer (like so (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4439795&postcount=209)), who will arrive on the 10th day.

Should you get that far, your opponents have one last trick up their sleeves. On the 26th day, an 5000-year-old Prismatic dragon will rise from the earth and seek you out, entering your demiplane if need be. It cannot be deterred, and will find you no matter what (even despite an epic-level sequester spell).

By the end of the 26th day, all 500 million people in the world must be loyal to you. They live on several continents, whose total surface area is 148,300,000 sq km. You must sleep at least 2 hours a day in order to regain spells for the next day (you wear a ring of sustenance).