PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Users of Freeloader or the Twilight hack. Please read.

The Duskblade
2008-06-17, 04:33 AM
Nintendo has broken the Twilight Hack and Freeloader in one swoop.

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/June16_update

Problematic at best. I know I certainly want to retain use of my very expensive Smash Bros game.

As I understand it people who have loaded the Homebrew channel will be unaffected . However use of the Twilight hack is now out of the question.

If you want to use either of these For the love of God do not update.

Somewhat ironically my ussage of Brawl was saved by my desire to install the Homebrew channel so I wouldn't be forced to boot Freeloader whenever I wanted to play Brawl. If I hadn't been trying to work out how to get it working I would have installed the update and lost all ability to play Brawl.

Pagz
2008-06-17, 06:58 AM
Thank the gods you posted this, I would have just ignorantly updated when it asked me, never knowing its dark intent.

Just so I'm absolutely clear how it all works, the wii only updates when you ask it to, or does it pop up when it connects to the internet saying "would you like to update"?

The Duskblade
2008-06-18, 12:48 AM
The Wii would send you a post through the message board and glow blue for the new update. You can from there choose to update from the Message board. For obvious reasons please don't.

Alternatively you can get it to update though the Wii options.

Also thanks for posting that. Makes me feel good about myself :smallsmile:

Oh and not updating does not afect the use of the net though the Wii. So really there is no good reason to install the update.