PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy Knights: The Return!

mossfoot
2008-06-17, 03:14 PM
Fuzzy Knights is back, baby!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a129/mossfoot/weareback.jpg

After a long delay brought on by a variety of factors I shall not go into here (but perhaps on an upcoming episode of Jerry Springer) Fuzzy Knights has been going through a long set of reruns. One of the main reasons for this was to update the strips and convert them to the new four-panel-per-page format to save on file size/bandwidth use issues.

Now that we're caught up, that can mean only one thing - New Strips! Woo hoo!

Mossfoot, Violet, Target and Ben are back continuing the last storyline where they left off. The new strips will be appearing Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Of course, all the old strips are still available in the archives if you want to catch up or get someone else hooked on all the Fuzzy action. The website also includes free downloads such as wallpapers, a christmas book for children, Mossfoot's campaign guide for his RPG world of Gassenti, and the free Lite edition of the Fuzzy Knight Roleplaying game.

http://www.fuzzyknights.com

Hope to see you there! :)

Aevylmar
2008-06-23, 03:37 PM
Hurrah for the Fuzzy Knights!

I wonder just how much longer Mossfoot can be delayed...

mossfoot
2008-06-27, 02:01 AM
Good grief, I get Fuzzy Knights up and running again and now Origins comes along and gets my webmaster sucked into an altnerate dimension until next week :P Yeesh!

TGecko
2008-06-27, 05:40 AM
Just an opinion: getting to the first strip takes a bit too much effort. You might want to put a link to the first strip on the intro page.

mossfoot
2008-06-27, 04:12 PM
Just an opinion: getting to the first strip takes a bit too much effort. You might want to put a link to the first strip on the intro page.

Really? Once you're on the current strip page all you need to do is click on the "1" thumbnail below.

TGecko
2008-06-30, 05:59 AM
Yes, but there are a few things that could increase the user-friendliness of your site. One would be a clearly defined and easily accessible comic archive. You don't necessarily have to link to the first strip, but an archive helps returning and new readers.

If you haven't been there, try the forums at The WebComic List (http://www.thewebcomiclist.com), the guys(and gals) there can give you a lot of great tips.

DigoDragon
2008-07-01, 07:38 AM
Super Special Awesome update! I love Fuzzy Knights. :smallbiggrin: Hee hee, I think one of my friends just made a cameo.

averagejoe
2008-07-01, 12:17 PM
Yes, but there are a few things that could increase the user-friendliness of your site. One would be a clearly defined and easily accessible comic archive. You don't necessarily have to link to the first strip, but an archive helps returning and new readers.

If you haven't been there, try the forums at The WebComic List (http://www.thewebcomiclist.com), the guys(and gals) there can give you a lot of great tips.

I agree. It isn't so bad once you get a handle on it, but it can be a bit of a barrier to new readers. It was to me, anyways.

Rockphed
2008-07-01, 12:35 PM
Wait, why was this not linked to at the end of the Tournament war? Or did I just fail a perception check? Either way, Fuzzy Knights rocks!

mossfoot
2008-07-07, 06:02 PM
Heh, thanks guys :smallcool:

Now that the GenCon (or whatever it was... I'm all the way across the pond, I can't keep track of what convention is when) is over, my webmistress should be able to keep FK on a steady Tuesday/Thursday schedual :smallwink:

And that's the real reason I can't do much regarding the archiving situation. I'm really not in charge of how the website is done. The webmaster is now a webmistress (no, not a sex change, a different person!) and I'm not sure if she would know how to muck about with the site, and I'm certain she doesn't have the time (she has to use an alarm to remind her to put FK up, which indicates how busy and distracted she is).

But there is an archives, of sorts. On the main FK page: www.fuzzyknights.com if you scroll down you'll see The Tournament War and the Table Top Crusades campaign sets listed. Click on them and they'll take you right to the beginning of those storylines.

But yeah, sadly there is no quick way to go from strip 1 to strip 30, you have to jump 5 or so strips at a time, depending on the thumbnails.

However, I do think I might be able to create an archive of sorts with the completed storylines, since their location addresses will never change now. I'll look into it (also I am going to resize the previous two campaigns to the same size as the current LARP)

I'd like to thank those of you who posted the fact you like Fuzzy Knights. Always great to hear from the fans :smallbiggrin: Spread the good word, both to old fans and to people you think would like to try it.

Also, feel free to drop by the FK forum as well, if only to say hi :smallwink: But also I'd love to hear any comments and suggestions :smallsmile:

mossfoot
2008-07-10, 02:29 AM
Once Thursday's strip is up (#52 should be up later today or tomorrow) I'd be curious to get some feedback from everyone. How is the photography holding up? Is the quad panel format okay (does it fit on your screen alright?) And of course, are you enjoying the storyline?