PDA

View Full Version : The many factions...

Gamerlord
2008-06-17, 03:36 PM
of the GITP fourm.

Post any group of fourmers you belive has a presence in the fourms.

I so far see:

The pro-mikos
The anti Mikos
The pro- any charterer
the anti- any charterer
The anti-me (so far only anyone with "paladin" in their username)
The pro-4e
The anti-4e

EvilElitest
2008-06-17, 03:43 PM
of the GITP fourm.

Post any group of fourmers you belive has a presence in the fourms.

I so far see:

The pro-mikos
The anti Mikos
The pro- any charterer
the anti- any charterer
The anti-me (so far only anyone with "paladin" in their username)
The pro-4e
The anti-4e
1) They are a dying breed
2) Been corrupted from withing
3) Eh?
4) Eh eh?
5) Eh Eh Eh?
6) alright
7a) pro change just not 4E
7b) pro 3.5

and new ones

1) The skull and bones society
2) free masons
3) Knights Templar
4) The church of Link's hat
5) The Anime fans (the ones with the MOHS banners)
6) Me
7) the Church of Sauron
from
EE

Illiterate Scribe
2008-06-17, 05:27 PM
Well, there's ABR, HALO, AMEN, the KOLers, at least two Cabals, the Town, the followers of the feud, the Arena, Defenders of the Playground, the /tg/ers, the Mods ... probably a whole lot more.

Behind it all, though ... a plan.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-06-17, 05:53 PM
Uhh, there's the Homebrewers I guess.

I've been here... awhile and oddly enough can't say as I got into any true faction nor really noticed them except for the anti/pro-Miko crowd. I walk my own path... :smallcool:

*trips*

Flickerdart
2008-06-17, 06:41 PM
What about AMEN and HALO, and to a lesser extent LAW? They all slightly matter!

Collin152
2008-06-17, 06:48 PM
2) free masons
3) Knights Templar
6) Me

Shush!
Those societies are secret!

Also, Thul society.

Gamerlord
2008-06-17, 08:18 PM
How about we also list how influential said factions are and their eeeeeeeeeeevil plans?

Solo
2008-06-17, 08:24 PM
How about we also list how influential said factions are and their eeeeeeeeeeevil plans?

The Cabel of Optimizers: You will make and effective character and you will like it.

EvilElitest
2008-06-17, 08:31 PM
Shush!
Those societies are secret!

Also, Thul society.

Oh sorry

The Skull and bones society is not on OOTS forums they are the supporters of miko, who they worship in secret

The Free masons aren't on OOTS they are the optimizers, you will learn to like your new special character

The Knights Templar aren't here ether they are the anti 4E people, fighting evil where ever they can find it

The Thus society isn't here they are the pro 4E people, who are hoping to bring about a dark new age

I am not on OOTS ether join the church of link's hat

Oh don't forget the

Bullies
Jocks
Nerds
Girls
Townies
Greasers
Preps
god i hated that game
from
EE

Collin152
2008-06-17, 08:31 PM
The Cabel of Optimizers: You will make and effective character and you will like it.

Cabal, sweetheart, Cabal.

xPANCAKEx
2008-06-18, 07:48 PM
you've overlooked the most feared and powerful faction of them all...

the forum lurkers

Inhuman Bot
2008-06-18, 07:54 PM
\
god i hated that game

Eh?
and EE could you capitilise your I's please?

FdL
2008-06-18, 07:55 PM
People just love this, don't they. They seek to segregate and separate from each other in tiny little clubs and "factions". Maybe they just need this to assert their identities or something.

People also seem to like to call names on other people that are not like them. They look for the reasons that make them different and use them as an excuse to not accept different ways of thinking or tastes.

Jack Squat
2008-06-18, 07:58 PM
Eh?

Here's another group...The Grammar Nazis :smalltongue:

SurlySeraph
2008-06-18, 08:07 PM

Ze term "die Grammatiksoldaten," iz preferable, citizen.

Solo
2008-06-18, 08:20 PM
god i hated that game

The game? That game?

Penguinsushi
2008-06-18, 08:23 PM
People just love this, don't they. They seek to segregate and separate from each other in tiny little clubs and "factions". Maybe they just need this to assert their identities or something.

People also seem to like to call names on other people that are not like them. They look for the reasons that make them different and use them as an excuse to not accept different ways of thinking or tastes.

Just to play devil's advocate:

I'll humbly submit that there is a difference between denoting groups as a way of segregating from people unlike you, and denoting groups in order to connect with people with whom you have (at least one) common interest. While you can assert that one necessitates the other, I'd have to disagree. Just because I identify with one line of thinking, doesn't necessarily mean I must alienate an alternative - or even antithetical - set of ideas (even though, as you point out, many people do). I like talking to people with whom i have known ideas in common. I also like talking to people totally different from myself (they're usually more interesting).

...So really, the act of such 'grouping' isn't inherently judgmental, even if certain courses of action based on said groupings are - and I haven't seen any of that here (yet).

Afterthought A)
Oddly, your post seems self-criticizing to me. Though your statements are indeed based in general fact (and experience, i'm sure), your point of view on this particular thread/subject seems remarkably harsh for a post that seems to be criticizing a judgmental attitude.

Afterthought B)
I'm totally just messing with you. You have a good point, but it's just a silly thread, and i'm giving you just a bit of a hard time for an admittedly realistic (but also pessimistic) appraisal of such activities.

:smallwink:

~PS

FdL
2008-06-18, 09:42 PM
Chalk me up to unaligned group then, Penguin. And sorry for sounding negative.

Nice vocabulary there though :p

EvilElitest
2008-06-18, 09:57 PM
Eh?

Bully

I an shall fight against Grammar Fascism, with.........Grammatical Communism

Also Solo, you have now officially gained immunity to losing the game. Ever

Also fun fact, you can gain favor points with each fraction

If you make an optimized character, you gain five fraction points

You make a miko thread, you will automatically gain ten points with one fraction and lost with another, depending if your pro miko or not

Everytime you even consider, even midly think about supporting the EvilRuteest Forum, you will gain a few points with Tengu, but you soul will burn in hell. Twice
from
EE

Shraik
2008-06-18, 10:39 PM
what about those people who are just there?

loopy
2008-06-18, 10:48 PM
- Mods
- Rockers
- Residents of Trogland.
- Church of Banjo.

EvilElitest
2008-06-18, 10:55 PM
what about those people who are just there?

They are silently assassinated while Freemasons dominated the world
from
EE

Drascin
2008-06-19, 01:28 AM
They are silently assassinated while Freemasons dominated the world
from
EE

Awww... but I don't want to be assassinated! :smallfrown:

Fri
2008-06-19, 07:28 AM
Don't forget the Trope, GITP's main religion and the force that binds us all together.

As they used to say. May the trope be with you.

EvilElitest
2008-06-19, 09:04 AM
Awww... but I don't want to be assassinated! :smallfrown:

Then you shall be assimilated

Fri, LInk's hat in fact is the god of TvTropes actually

.......and please, don't use that sig. Think of the children (or at least update it)
from
EE

Drascin
2008-06-19, 10:13 AM
Then you shall be assimilated

I wouldn't recommend that (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TooSpicyForYogSothoth), actually, unless you want your Collective's IQ dropping about ten points :smalltongue:.

Fri, LInk's hat in fact is the god of TvTropes actually

Isn't the Supreme Goddess considered the Goddess of Tropes, according to the Pantheon (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TropePantheons)? :smallamused:

EvilElitest
2008-06-19, 10:37 PM
I wouldn't recommend that (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TooSpicyForYogSothoth), actually, unless you want your Collective's IQ dropping about ten points :smalltongue:.

You shall be forced to go and obtain scholarships from Oxford, Yale, Cambridge, Bard, and Havard, with expensiveness paid by us, then you shall be assimilated. And you will like it. We have cake

Isn't the Supreme Goddess considered the Goddess of Tropes, according to the Pantheon (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TropePantheons)? :smallamused:

Link's hat is the lord of snake and cynicism that brings about teh realization of tropes. You could say he is the Buddha of Tropes
from
EE

Edan
2008-06-19, 11:57 PM
I seem to recall that there is an following of an ancient cult on these forums. It has since been supplanted by more recent incarnations and followers. However, it still exists, in the shadows slowly gaining influence and power. It is shrouded in mystery and only the select few are able to obtain its teachings. Those not chosen are unable to grasp its intricacies. Its members are devout, seeing all others forms as impure and corruption. They seek to one day dominate the world and unleash their fury upon all. I am of course talking about those who play 2e or AD&D.
The Game The Game

wxdruid
2008-06-20, 01:47 AM
There's always the Inner Circle and the Outer Circle. Although I don't know if the Outer Circle still exists... There may also be a pentagon or trapezoid somewhere?

Solo
2008-06-20, 01:58 AM
There's always the Inner Circle and the Outer Circle. Although I don't know if the Outer Circle still exists... There may also be a pentagon or trapezoid somewhere?

Don't forget the 8 pointed star of Chaos that must be PURGED!

EvilElitest
2008-06-20, 09:40 AM
both circles revolve around LInk's hat, the true god of the forums
from
EE

Uncle Festy
2008-06-20, 04:56 PM

Stolen for Quote of the Week, if'n you don't mind.

_Zoot_
2008-06-24, 06:11 AM
It has already been said but there is;
The White Text Inquistion

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-24, 08:18 AM
The Structured Gamers. Its pretty much the same good old group with every such and then somebody joining in. And ofcourse the ones who just do one game or such. They also have multi-forumed and spread across while staying there to. And some of those are also townies or just regular SMBG'ers.

And ze grammatiksoldaten ofcourse. And if properly translated grammatik is grammar in german and soldaten is soldiers in dutch. so grammar soldiers.
Wait, we came out right, this isn't classified info anymore? Good...

You ask me? Which religion I am with?
I am the high priest of Cookiemanjaro. But sadly, you humans aren't ready for that kind of powr, such faith, such epic cookies yet.

Also, I'm making home-made cookies tonight.

EvilElitest
2008-06-24, 11:05 AM
It has already been said but there is;
The White Text Inquistion

I am a good person oh gods, don't hurt me
from
EE

Gorbash
2008-06-24, 11:21 AM

While we're at that, it's Prohibited, not Prohibitied.

Gorbash
2008-06-24, 11:23 AM

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e378/jacksquat3/Prohibited.gif

Concerning that, it's Prohibited, not Prohibitied.

YPU
2008-06-24, 02:48 PM
@^ and there are the double posters.

Klose_the_Sith
2008-06-25, 06:29 AM

:smallbiggrin:
You brightened my day Fear the popular white text front

_Zoot_
2008-06-25, 06:32 AM
I am a good person oh gods, don't hurt me
from
EE

You are a good person, you shall be spared.
Do you know of any one the Inquisition should investigate?

ILLUVATAR85
2008-06-26, 07:42 AM
How about potentially evil classes?:smallcool: