PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Sky

dyslexicfaser
2008-06-17, 05:54 PM
I've been hearing good things about a 3.5E wizard spell called Lord of the Sky, does anyone know what Dragon magazine issue it's from? Or if anyone happens to know the specifics of the spell off the tops of their heads, that'd be even better.

Thanks.

Animefunkmaster
2008-06-17, 06:31 PM
Perhaps you mean:Master of the Sky (Races of the Wild)

dyslexicfaser
2008-06-17, 06:50 PM
Nope - Master of Sky is an 8th level Sky spell, the one I'm thinking of is a 5th level wizard spell.

Animefunkmaster
2008-06-17, 06:54 PM
Do you have any idea what it does, or is supposed to do?

Kurald Galain
2008-06-17, 07:12 PM
Do you have any idea what it does, or is supposed to do?

Well, it lets you create 9+7+3 = nineteen skies to give to other people, and one sky to rule them all...

Sir_Elderberry
2008-06-17, 07:21 PM
Well, it lets you create 9+7+3 = nineteen skies to give to other people, and one sky to rule them all...

Peter Jackson announces LOTR4:

Sauron: Aha, I've got it! My last plan fell apart with the whole hobbit thing, but let's see them throw the sky into a volcano!

dyslexicfaser
2008-06-17, 07:23 PM
The guy said, and I quote, "I love this spell! You're a Wizard, so a good assumption is that you don't walk often. If you're a Transmuter, it's a given. With this, you can make sure you have aerial superiority or even force your foes to land. Swift Action blasting every round to stress the point is also pretty cool. This is an Evocation/Transmutation spell, so you need to be able to cast Evocation."

Kizara
2008-06-17, 07:30 PM

There should be a "Post of the Day" contest, just for something like this.

disorder
2008-06-17, 07:45 PM
Buy the sky and sell the sky and bleed the sky and tell the sky...

But there's been progress: with a DC-35 Bluff check, you can find a way to talk around the problem.

(In all seriousness: Sorry. Never heard of the spell.)

Collin152
2008-06-17, 07:58 PM
The guy said, and I quote, "I love this spell! You're a Wizard, so a good assumption is that you don't walk often. If you're a Transmuter, it's a given. With this, you can make sure you have aerial superiority or even force your foes to land. Swift Action blasting every round to stress the point is also pretty cool. This is an Evocation/Transmutation spell, so you need to be able to cast Evocation."

Really remind me of that... Stormrage? One, where you fly, are surrounded by a Windwall, and get to blast lightning out of your eyes.

half eaten oreo
2008-06-18, 02:35 AM
The spell is not from Dragon magazine, it's from Dragon Magic. It lets you fly (or improves it if you already can). And lets you swiftly blast and debuff other flying creatures. Very nice if you have many aerial battles or fight many airborne enemies.