PDA

View Full Version : [4e] VP is looking for a few good Fey Makers

AKA_Bait
2008-06-18, 02:06 PM
Howdy folks. Under the auspices of VP, I will be starting a project to create a MM like book featuring the fey creatures that were left out of the 4e MM1. I'm hoping to get this out relatively quick and as such, VP needs some more designers to work on the project!

Project is aiming to include:

1. Fey monsters.
2. Fey templates.
3. Playable Fey Monster Races.
4. Fully Statted Fey NPCs that comprise Fey "Courts."

So, if you are interested in creating some of those, send me an e-mail: [email protected] and include the following:

1. Sample 4e creation of the type/types you want to work on. i.e. if you want to make templates, send me a templates. Monsters, send me a monster. Both, send me at least one of each.

2. Your real life name and contact information.

3. An affirmation that you are 18 years of age or older. Sorry younglings.

Please don't e-mail me if you aren't serious about seeing a project through to completion and getting your name in print/pixels. This project has a short time line on it and I really can’t afford to be chasing people down.

Additionally, we are still looking for artists and will also need some for this project as well. So if you are, or know, an artist who wants some free publicity by being in our products, let us know.

Questions?

RTGoodman
2008-06-19, 01:20 AM
I'm interested (and already have a couple of creatures and/or ideas), but I've got a couple of questions.

First, are you just looking for conversions of 3.x monsters (Core or otherwise), or just any sort of fey creature that hasn't been published in 4E? Also, what kind of "affirmation" do you need about being 18? Just a statement that I am, or do you need like a copy of my driver's license or birth certificate or something?

Daracaex
2008-06-19, 01:25 AM
I'm not sure I'm up for a monster yet, but I might be able to come up with a few races if you want those. And RTG's got a good point on the age confirmation thing. There's really no way to know for certain (though I can assure you that I am).

AKA_Bait
2008-06-19, 09:22 AM
To answer:

I'm looking for any fey creature not covered in 4e and the name of which is not the IP of WotC from an earlier edition. I.E. anything which actually appears in mythology or that you made up yourself is fair game. If it appeared in a MM, of any edition, and no place else (WotC/TRS invented it) we aren't going to touch it.

Regarding age: As of right now, I just want to you tell me that you are over 18. That's enough in my mind for us to start collaborating. Once we get close to publication and the requried IP transfers, then I'll need some proof of age, along with the other signed legal documents. I.E. if you are over 18, don't worry about it. If you aren't, you might pull one over on me for a little bit, but it will come out in the end.

ashmanonar
2008-06-19, 01:07 PM
Howdy folks. Under the auspices of VP, I will be starting a project to create a MM like book featuring the fey creatures that were left out of the 4e MM1. I'm hoping to get this out relatively quick and as such, VP needs some more designers to work on the project!

Project is aiming to include:

1. Fey monsters.
2. Fey templates.
3. Playable Fey Monster Races.
4. Fully Statted Fey NPCs that comprise Fey "Courts."

So, if you are interested in creating some of those, send me an e-mail: [email protected] and include the following:

1. Sample 4e creation of the type/types you want to work on. i.e. if you want to make templates, send me a templates. Monsters, send me a monster. Both, send me at least one of each.

2. Your real life name and contact information.

3. An affirmation that you are 18 years of age or older. Sorry younglings.

Please don't e-mail me if you aren't serious about seeing a project through to completion and getting your name in print/pixels. This project has a short time line on it and I really can’t afford to be chasing people down.

Additionally, we are still looking for artists and will also need some for this project as well. So if you are, or know, an artist who wants some free publicity by being in our products, let us know.

Questions?

Oh, man. This is a dangerous offer to dangle under my nose. The initial campaign world I'm building is almost all Feywild-based.

I gotta decide if I've got time or not. Stupid real-life job.

Goober4473
2008-06-19, 02:24 PM
I've got my boss compendium to work on, and I'm going to be doing an Incarnum conversion for 4th Edition, but I'd be willing to help out some.

Human Paragon 3
2008-06-19, 03:03 PM
Obviously, I know what VP is... but, you know, for these other noobz... you might want to explain.

AKA_Bait
2008-06-19, 03:05 PM
Good point!

It's Victorious Press. We are a fledgling gaming company. There is a link to our website in my signature.

Daracaex
2008-06-19, 07:03 PM
Obviously, I know what VP is... but, you know, for these other noobz... you might want to explain.

Smooth. Very smooth. :smallwink:

I've got a few ideas. I'll email you when I have them worked out.

The Unborne
2008-06-19, 08:35 PM
Are there any quick reference lists that contain all monsters and other Intellectual Properties owned by WotC? Just in case we want to avoid certain ideas and what not?

Also I'll see if I can do some art, trying to get some of my artwork out there right now.

RTGoodman
2008-06-19, 08:57 PM
Are there any quick reference lists that contain all monsters and other Intellectual Properties owned by WotC? Just in case we want to avoid certain ideas and what not?

Well, WotC has a Monster Index on their website that lists all the monsters in 3.x. You can find it here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/monsters).

Duke of URL
2008-06-20, 09:02 AM
Of course, WotC based many of their ideas off of existing mythology. If you can develop a creature based on on existing myths and legends that isn't a blatant rip-off of mechanical design from a previous version, then I see no legal problem in doing so, even if the same creature name is used.

They can't copyright or trademark something that's hundreds or thousands of years old.

AKA_Bait
2008-06-20, 01:15 PM
Of course, WotC based many of their ideas off of existing mythology. If you can develop a creature based on on existing myths and legends that isn't a blatant rip-off of mechanical design from a previous version, then I see no legal problem in doing so, even if the same creature name is used.

They can't copyright or trademark something that's hundreds or thousands of years old.

Indeed and most (although not all) of the Fey creatures that WotC has used are based on or directly taken from mythology. Usually from English/Irish/German mythology specifically.

SamTheCleric
2008-06-20, 01:23 PM
My muse is not with me at the moment, but I've got things churning... I hope I can have something to you by the end of the weekend.

Ionizer
2008-06-20, 05:07 PM
Half-Fey Template FF 89 Fey Varies
Mirage Mullah (Template) Sa 177 Fey Varies
Sprite MM 235 Fey Varies
Mistling (Template) FW 152 Fey Varies
Spirit Animal Fr 155 Fey (Augmented Animal, Incorporeal) Varies
Telthor (Template) Una 74 Fey (Incorporeal) 2
Swarm, Shimmerling MM3 152 Fey, Fine (Swarm) 8
Zeitgeist Ci 138 Fey, Huge 23
Ocean Strider MM2 163 Fey, Huge (Aquatic) 18
Spirit of the Land MM2 189 Fey, Huge (Incoporeal) 23
Crossroads Guardian Mag 183 Fey, Huge (Incorporeal) 7
Half-Fey Centaur FF 89 Fey, Large 4
Ragewalker MM3 132 Fey, Large 14
Lunar Ravager MM4 95 Fey, Large 7
Master of the Hunt MM5 202 Fey, Large 22
Kelpie FF 114 Fey, Large (Aquatic) 10
Nature Spirit, Large OA 177 Fey, Large (Spirit) 5
Dryad MM 90 Fey, Medium 3
Faun DD 133 Fey, Medium 1/2
Feytouched FF 71 Fey, Medium 1/2
Glaistig MM3 60 Fey, Medium 6
Glaistig Mindbender MM3 61 Fey, Medium 8
Gloura Und 88 Fey, Medium 7
Gray Jester HH 151 Fey, Medium 4
LeShay EL 202 Fey, Medium 28
Nymph MM 197 Fey, Medium 7
Satyr MM 219 Fey, Medium 2
Splinterwaif MM3 164 Fey, Medium 2
Splinterwaif Knave MM3 165 Fey, Medium 6
Verdant Prince MM4 172 Fey, Medium 11
Banshrae MM5 10 Fey, Medium 8
Frostwind Virago MM5 58 Fey, Medium 16
Jaebrin MM5 92 Fey, Medium 1
Shaedling MM5 148 Fey, Medium 2
Ruin Chanter MM5 132 Fey, Medium (Air, Earth) 14
Fossergrim FF 79 Fey, Medium (Aquatic) 5
Rusalka Fr 150 Fey, Medium (Aquatic) 1
Sirine MM2 185 Fey, Medium (Aquatic) 5
Vodyanoi Fr 160 Fey, Medium (Aquatic) 3
Nereid Sto 155 Fey, Medium (Aquatic, Extraplanar) 4
Hoary Hunter EL 197 Fey, Medium (Cold) 25
Rimefire Eidolon Fr 149 Fey, Medium (Cold) 9
Wendigo Template FF 186 Fey, Medium (Cold) 6
Yuki-On-Na Fr 164 Fey, Medium (Cold) 4
Yuki-On-Na OA 200 Fey, Medium (Cold, Spirit) 4
Oread FF 134 Fey, Medium (Earth) 7
Shadar-Kai FF 150 Fey, Medium (Extraplanar) 1
Duskling MoI 175 Fey, Medium (Extraplanar, Incarnum) Varies
Joystealer MM4 78 Fey, Medium (Incorporeal) 5
Bisan OA 147 Fey, Medium (Spirit) 5
Nat, Hkum Yeng OA 176 Fey, Medium (Spirit) 3
Nat, Lu OA 176 Fey, Medium (Spirit) 4
Nature Spirit, Medium OA 177 Fey, Medium (Spirit) 3
Hybsil Mon 61 Fey, Small 1
Pixie MM 236 Fey, Small 4
Redcap MM3 138 Fey, Small 2
Redcap, Elder MM3 138 Fey, Small 7
Redcap, Young MM3 139 Fey, Small 2
Thorn MM3 172 Fey, Small 4
Uldra Fr 158 Fey, Small Varies
Bog Imp HH 142 Fey, Small (Aquatic) 6
Nixie MM 235 Fey, Small (Aquatic) 1
Domovoi Fr 121 Fey, Small (Fire) 1
Bajang OA 145 Fey, Small (Spirit) 3
Nat, Einsaung OA 176 Fey, Small (Spirit) 1
Nature Spirit, Small OA 177 Fey, Small (Spirit) 1
Spriggan FF 162 Fey, Small/Large 3
Grig MM 235 Fey, Tiny 1
Jermlaine MM2 131 Fey, Tiny 1/2
Petal MM3 120 Fey, Tiny 1

^All the monsters with the "Fey" Type from RTG's link^

Also notes CR and source.

Anyways: Whatever happened to the Brownie from 2nd ed.? It's occasionally mentioned in 3.X, but I've never seen it statted out. BTW, I probably won't be too much help with this project (read: I'm too lazy to help with this project), so best of luck to all of you.

Pie Guy
2008-06-20, 09:54 PM
Why do you need confirmation we're 18. Or our real name, if you don't care, I mean.

For the over 18, the guy who wrote Eragon was 16 when it was published.

For our real name, some don't really care about credit.

Ravyn
2008-06-20, 11:58 PM
Legalities, mostly. Since everyone in Victorious Press is pretty much a contract employee, anyone we accept has to be old enough to sign on under the law. The real name is pretty much the same issue; signing a contract with a pseudonym doesn't work too well.

The Gilded Duke
2008-06-22, 09:24 PM
I'd love to help. I'll probably send you some things soon, first though I was wondering if you were also interested in Paragon classes and Epic destinies? I could probably think of at least four different warlock fey paragon classes. An epic destiny for Eladrin only could be fun, Lord of Winter or something like that.

The Unborne
2008-06-22, 09:43 PM
Is VP looking for similar format to the 4E books? Example being, less description and more stats? Sorry for the brief question, just wanted a quick answer.

Tormsskull
2008-06-22, 10:29 PM
Just as some advice, if you guys have any completed products outs (3.x or 4e) that you could show to potential people wanting to help you out, it might show them that you are serious or have the ability to pull a project together.

Orzel
2008-06-22, 11:51 PM
I have an idea for a race of purplish people I didn't know what to do with since my group refuses to go to the Feywild.

Duke of URL
2008-06-23, 07:08 AM
Just as some advice, if you guys have any completed products outs (3.x or 4e) that you could show to potential people wanting to help you out, it might show them that you are serious or have the ability to pull a project together.

You can visit our previews section to see what's in progress. Playtesters are still wanted for the three products that are getting close to production.