PDA

View Full Version : Site Lag

thepokeduck
2008-06-18, 03:56 PM
Has anyone else been having a lot of trouble loading the site? Continually having to refresh to get pages to load, and sometime the page loads everything except the comic.

This has nothing to do with my connection, as no other sites are behaving in the manner. If anyone could shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated.

PhoeKun
2008-06-18, 04:23 PM
Put simply, the comic (or comics, I suppose) is (are) too popular for the site. The more the comic updates, the more the site will lag. Not much you can do about it except ride it out.

Philistine
2008-06-18, 06:47 PM
What, you mean there really is a downside to being popular?

Huh. All these years, I thought the popular kids made that up.

Innis Cabal
2008-06-18, 07:10 PM
getting awful server lag, sometimes the whole page wont even load

Austran
2008-06-18, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I have it too. Sometimes I have to open three or four times the same page before loading it. First I thought that it was a backbone problem here in Brazil, but I discarded it when I saw this thread.

Jack Squat
2008-06-18, 07:54 PM
don't constantly refresh the page to get it to load...makes things worse.

I always avoid the forums when I think there's a new comic...there are ways to track the RSS feeds to more accurately avoid it, but I figure if the page doesn't load, there's a new comic and I should find something else to keep me busy for a couple hours.

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-06-18, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I've been having a lot of trouble getting to the site because of all the new comics. But I can wait it out, seeing as the comic has never updated like this for almost a year.

EvilElitest
2008-06-18, 11:02 PM
i've been avoiding the gaming thread because i just can't pull off a good argument with the pace here
from
EE