PDA

View Full Version : What will Mr Scruffy do now? [spoilers]

happyturtle
2008-06-19, 01:16 PM
Now that his person is cursed, what will Mr Scruffy do?

My guess:

He'll wait until Belkar is as weak as a lvl 1 commoner, and then kill him. :smallamused:

Paladin29
2008-06-19, 03:58 PM
Nope, I think that Mr.Scruffy will dispel the magic of the MoJ. ¡¡¡Go Mr. Scruffy!!! :smallbiggrin:

Manga Shoggoth
2008-06-20, 02:52 AM
Naah. He will arrange to be fed by as many of the local females with soft-cute-and-fluffy reflexes as are available. Just like now.

Come on. He's a cat.

King of Nowhere
2008-06-20, 06:46 AM
I'm pretty sure of what Mr Scruffy will do now:
Lick lick lick lick. Meow?

Green-Shirt Q
2008-06-20, 06:51 AM
Mr. Scruffy will carry Belkar on his back, which will be a little humiliating since Belkar is so light a cat could pick him up.

Well, he isn't, but he could be and it would be funny in my books.

TigerHunter
2008-06-20, 06:57 AM
Eat Belkar.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-06-20, 06:58 AM
Probably take a nap on Belkar's face...and it turns out a side-effect of the MoJ is an allergy to cats.

The Oracle could even have arranged for a kobold druid to steal him away from Belkar for added humiliation.

Halvormerlinaky
2008-06-21, 02:52 AM
I don't know about you, but I think those Kobolds are in serious trouble. Kobolds have less HP than your average commoner, and equal to a Wizard. So unless any of them have class levels, they're screwed.

So, yeah, it's gonna be a bloodbath.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-06-22, 06:05 PM
Well, Belkar liked Mr. Scruffy because he was Shojo's cat, and he like Shojo because he had the spine to talk back to Roy and the Sapphire Guard. Now Shojo's Giant Illusory Head has insulted him, so Belkar's attitude to both of them could do a 180...

:belkar:(To Mr. Scruffy) YOU! This is for letting your jerk owner before he could think of this stupid curse! You let me down, Scruffinator!

(Mr. Scruffy, as he is simultaneously eviscerated and vomited on): MRRREEEEEOOOOWWWW!!!

Of course, Rich might not want us to end up hating Belkar that much...it's actually pretty unlikely.

Logalmier
2008-06-22, 06:11 PM

No, no, no, Mr.Scruffy will lick the vomit covering Belkar-it will provied him with a fresh meal every day!

teratorn
2008-06-22, 07:43 PM
Mr Scruffy = barf bag, or a mop.

Red XIV
2008-06-22, 08:02 PM
Well, Belkar liked Mr. Scruffy because he was Shojo's cat, and he like Shojo because he had the spine to talk back to Roy and the Sapphire Guard.
Also, because cats are short, hairy, and want to kill stuff daily whether they need to or not. Just like Belkar.

Liwen
2008-06-23, 02:35 AM
Hey, Scruffy is Shojo's blessed cat, maybe he caqn counter spell the mark with a greater blessing of awesome.

Halvormerlinaky
2008-06-23, 05:35 AM
I had a sudden epiphany:

What if Mr. Scruffy split some of his levels between the Badass and Awesome PrCs? Then even Kobolds with levels would be in trouble.

It's scary, I know, but let's run with it.

DigoDragon
2008-06-23, 08:15 AM

Yeah, I'm kinda siding with you on this question. Seems the most in character thing Scruffy would do.

ZFR
2008-06-23, 01:42 PM
what will Mr Scruffy do?

Marry Mrs. Scruffy

chiasaur11
2008-06-23, 04:37 PM
I had a sudden epiphany:

What if Mr. Scruffy split some of his levels between the Badass and Awesome PrCs? Then even Kobolds with levels would be in trouble.

It's scary, I know, but let's run with it.

Doesn't O-Chul have levels in those? A lot of levels?
And Kobolds can, very rarely, have levels in Pun-Pun. Then everyone's in trouble.

holywhippet
2008-06-23, 07:22 PM
I don't know about you, but I think those Kobolds are in serious trouble. Kobolds have less HP than your average commoner, and equal to a Wizard. So unless any of them have class levels, they're screwed.

So, yeah, it's gonna be a bloodbath.

Who exactly are they in danger from? Belkar is likely too ill to be a threat to anyone. Mr Scruffy isn't likely to try and assault a kobold village by himself. The ladies aren't likely to be interested in mass koboldcide without a good reason either.

Even if all three party members were healthy and inclined to attack, I'd expect the kobolds to massacre them. Think back to before the battle for Azure city. If you assume 1 in 20 attacks results in a natural 20 then thats 1 in 20 attacks that will always connect. I counted 27 kobolds visible outside of the window so you can assume there are a lot more than that.

Assuming the kobolds have some kind of ranged weapons - bows, darts, knives, javelins etc. then the party will be cut down by the massed firepower.

Halvormerlinaky
2008-06-24, 03:43 AM
Doesn't O-Chul have levels in those? A lot of levels?
And Kobolds can, very rarely, have levels in Pun-Pun. Then everyone's in trouble.

It would appear that he has maxed both. But, yes, Pun-Pun could prove a difficult obstacles. The humor however? Oh, gods, the humor.

Halvormerlinaky
2008-06-24, 03:44 AM
Who exactly are they in danger from? Belkar is likely too ill to be a threat to anyone. Mr Scruffy isn't likely to try and assault a kobold village by himself. The ladies aren't likely to be interested in mass koboldcide without a good reason either.

Even if all three party members were healthy and inclined to attack, I'd expect the kobolds to massacre them. Think back to before the battle for Azure city. If you assume 1 in 20 attacks results in a natural 20 then thats 1 in 20 attacks that will always connect. I counted 27 kobolds visible outside of the window so you can assume there are a lot more than that.

Assuming the kobolds have some kind of ranged weapons - bows, darts, knives, javelins etc. then the party will be cut down by the massed firepower.

You really don't get the tone of this comic, do you?

Dubiela
2008-06-24, 11:23 AM
It's instigating why Mr. Scruffy jump off the cart and standed beside a poor sick Belkar a little before they left Sunken Valley...

my guess is that Mr. Scruffy has some strange attraction to chaotic characters just as it had with Lord Shojo.

happyturtle
2008-06-24, 11:30 AM
It's instigating why Mr. Scruffy jump off the cart and standed beside a poor sick Belkar a little before they left Sunken Valley...

He understood Haley when she said Belkar wasn't going with them, so Mr Scruffy jumped down to join Belkar in a rare display of feline loyalty.

Either that, or he smelled puke he could lick up.

Haruspex
2008-06-24, 11:33 AM

my guess is that Mr. Scruffy has some strange attraction to chaotic characters just as it had with Lord Shojo.

Hmm, then it would be equally attracted to Haley. I think it's just that Belkar gives him plenty of attention, so he sticks close to the halfling. Maybe he'll do an Oscar the cat impersonation and curl up to Belkar just as he's about to die...:smalleek: