PDA

View Full Version : Avatar D20 - Bending Forms Compendium 2

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-20, 01:58 PM
Avatar D20 - Bending Forms Compendium

Related Threads
Bending and Base Classes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68630)
Project Main Hub (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67493)

Premise
Alright, I'm sure some of us remember the original Forms Compendium thread and all the cool stuff and unorthodox stuff that we did with the bending system over there. Well, this thread has a slightly different purpose. What we want to do here is make what will eventually become a bender's equivalent to a 3e spell list, or a 4e class powers list. I'd like to make a warehouse full of sample forms for a bender to choose from. Simple forms generally, one, two, or three seeds used; with a target level for usage. For example, I'd like at least ten basic forms doable from second to fifth level for each of the bending disciplines. Overambitious? Probably. But so was this whole project. Let's get to it, then, shall we? First the basics.

Creating Forms:
The bending arts are based around fully understanding the possibilities and applications of their respective elements . As such, creative use of the element is important to the application of the art. Using a single seed to make a form is often very useful or powerful in its own right, and can continue to be so at later level by advancing the seed’s effects.

However, in situations when two of the bender’s known seeds are compatible with each other, they can be executed simultaneously or in conjunction with the bender’s other abilities. Doing so uses the bending time of the longest seed and uses the seeds’ combined Bending DCs +4 for each seed past the first. For example, a waterbender could combine her blast with some thrown Ice Shards, dealing her blast damage+2d4 (or more, if the Waterbending check allows for additional shards) as a standard action. The Waterbending DC for this would be 19 (5 for Blast, +10 for the Ice Shards, and +4 for combining them).

The effects of a form do not necessarily have to use the statistics of the component seeds. Because of the amount of description and fluff used in this setting, a form may use the fluff of a seed to do something not even mentioned in the seed's description. However, these forms should be rare and must make use of common sense to ensure that the effect is possible and reasonable.

Form Format
Forms generally have a pretty loose format that looks like this:

Form Name (Target level for usage)
Seed 1 + Seed 2 + any special factors = Bending DC #

Fluff and verbal description of form
Mechanical description of form.

I will transfer and correct the seeds from the old compendium, so only bother with creating new ones that are actually possible at lower levels.

This thread is also for the purpose of critiquing and refining the forms posted. There's a list below of all forms posted, which I'll update as often as possible. Let's get started, then!

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-20, 02:00 PM
Airbender Forms
http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/101/014.jpg\

Levels 1 - 5
High Impact (level 1)
Air Blast + Run as the Wind = Airbending DC: 19

Now Yan went and did it, beating up on that little airbender kid. Poor little guy, I bet he feels terrible. Look at him, he's crying! When we get home, I'm gonna have to set Yan straight. Whoa, wait. That airbender kid's looking kinda mad now.
...."Yan, are you sure you know what you're doing?"
....He didn't have time to answer me before the airbender boy let out the feral cry of an enraged child, and the next thing I knew, a tan blur roared past me, a violent wind whipping in its wake, and rammed into Yan, knocking him breathless and hoving him at least a hundred yards, where he crashed brusquely into a stone wall that cracked under the impact. The little airbender kid stood panting over Yan's collapsed form, crying from rage and sorrow at what he had just done.

The airbendertakes a run action and moves towards his opponent, with a swirling ball of wind in his outstretched hand. On a failed Reflex save, this technique carries the opponent to the end of the airbender's movement, and then executes an airblast against the opponent.

One Thousand Years of Death (Level 1)
Air Burst + Air Thrust = Airbending DC: 15

Narugo was an idiot. Instead of hiding like the others, he decided to face Kadashi head-on. And while he had energy, and quite a few tricks, he was no match for the seasoned warrior. Quickly, Kadashi got behind Narugo, forming a strange seal with his hands.

"This is the secret martial art of our village: One Thousand Years of Death!"

And he promptly stuck his hands into Narugo's rear end. Channeling wind chakra, Kadashi launched him into the nearby lake.

The airbender must make a successful melee hit against an opponent. If successful, they deal 1d4 concussive damage, and launch the target 20 ft + 5 ft for every 5 that the DC is passed by.

Levels 1- 10
Waiting on some kind soul to make something to put here.

Levels 11 - 15

Vibrating Sound Drill (Level 11)
Flowing Air Strike + Sound Waves(Resonating Sound) = Airbending DC: 34

''You dare try to cover your ears? What a pity. I'll teach you something; your body is full of water. And sound goes through water easily. So, the rest of your body, the parts you aren't protecting, act as some giant ear. Try to dodge my attacks now. What? Too dazed to mo....''

The green clad monk fainted. His ears were bleeding like hell, the pain was too high to witstand. Safura would have to defend herself alone now.

You deal sonic damage and deafen your foes with unarmed strikes.

Spiraling Great Sphere (Level 12)
Air Thrust + Air Scythe = Airbending DC: 35

He needed to save her. Sunade was the only healer capable of saving Zazuke and Kadashi. If Narugo let Kaburo kill her, then she couldn't save him. Well, he would have to show her that he had won their little bet.

He began channeling the air into his hand, creating a barely contained ball of scything win. Rushing up to Kaburo, he slammed it into his stomach as it began to grind away.

"It's over, Kaburo!"

By making a successful touch attack agains an opponent, the airbender does 7d6 bludgeoning damage. Upon failing the air bending check by 5 or more, the Great Spiraling sphere does not work, as it takes the utmost power and concentration to form it, and keep it in form to attack an opponent.

Updraft (Level 11-15)
Air Blast + The Four Winds = Airbending DC: 29

Giyatso gulped as the firebender approached. With his back to the wall, Giyatso was running out of options. He leveled his staff at the firebender, batting aside a few fire blasts, but he knew it couldn't last. Then, his eyes widening with realization, Giyatso leapt forward, landing in a crouch and bringin his staff sweeping upwards. A gust of wind rushed from beneath the firebender's feet, and he was thrown skyward, landing in a crumpled heap when he fell.

This form functions identically to a normal Air Blast, with the exception that the blast originates beneath the target and forces the target straight up into the air. If the target strikes a solid ceiling, it takes damage as if it had fallen the length of the Air Blast.

Levels 16 - 20

Epic Forms
Scream Hole (Level 20)
Sound Waves(Resonating Sound) + Air Shield = Airbending DC: 44

"Get off me!", yelled the arrow-tatooed women.
"I said get OFF!" As she screamed, her voice lost itself in an unearthly wail, strong enough to make her abductors ears bleed. They got rolling on the ground, repelled by the gust the airbender summoned. By the time they could get up, she fled.
-Man, you said Air Nomad girls were easy!
-'Was told they were screamers, lad.

A wind wall deal minimal sonic (1d4) damage and deafen foes while pushing them.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-20, 02:01 PM
Earthbender Forms
http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/101/006.jpg

Levels 1 - 5
Spike Stones (Level 1)
Earth Blast + Move A Rock(shaping) = Base DC 14

The earthbender raised a hefty boulder from the ground, but slammed a fist down on it first, cutting it into a jagged spike, then sent it flying at his opponent.

The earthbender may deal piercing damage instead of bludgeoning damage with his earth blast.

Dust Devil (Level 1)
[i]Dust + Move A Rock = 14

The sandbender smiled at the fool that had thought himself powerful enough to fight the desert, and turned his attention to the sand under his opponent's feet, causing it to spiral into a swirling barrier of suffocating dust that left him nowhere to run.

The earthbender creates a small whirlwind of dust, dirt, or sand. It can be summoned up around the earthbender, to hide his prescnce, around an opponent, who must make a reflex save or become trapped within it (they may break out, but must make a save to avoid breathing in dust or being blinded), or the wind that comes off it may be used to propel a small sailing craft. (such as the Sandbender sailers)

Blinding Blast (Level 1)
Dust + Earth Blast = Base DC 14

Jomei gritted his teeth with effort, and slammed his foot down, raising both the boulder he intended to bury in his opponent's skull, and a great cloud of dust that billowed up around him.

The earthbender may raise a cloud of dust when using her Earth Blast.

Stone Spear (Level 2)
Column + Move A Rock(shaping) = Earthbending DC: 19

The earthbender smiled unpleasantly at his quarry, who had just run out of places to go. With a twist and shove movement, he wrenched a pointed spike of stone from the ground in front of her. pinning her to the wall.

Functions as the crush ability of the column seed, only if the opponent fails the reflex save, they are impaled, not pinned, take piercing damage instead of crushing damage, and must make a fortitude save to be able to act the next round. (This one needs work, probably)

Levels 1- 10
Crack the Earth (Level 6)
Create Rubble + Earth Blast = Earthbending DC: 24

Jomei's attack not only struck the opponent with bone-shatternig force, but ripped up the ground as it went, leaving behind a great gash that would prove quite effective as a barrier to any response, as well as splitting the ground under their feet.

This form allows the earthbender to make use of the Create Rubble seed along the line of their earth blast. Alternatively, they may use it in the standard radius effect, but for that, the DC increases as per the rules. Also, they may direct the effect in a cone in the direction of their earth blast, but again, the DC increases.

Levels 11 - 15

Levels 16 - 20

Rolling Mound (Level 16)
Earthen Stride + Create Rubble = Earthbending DC: 39

"CHIEF! Chief! The forest is crashing! Animals are panicked! Dust clouds have rised to the north! It must be an Earth Kingdom strike!"
It was too late. Trees started falling on the camp, the soil rippling under as a green-clothed kid was riding a mound of earth.
"I'M THE GREATEST EARTHBENDER IN THE WORLD!", yelled the girl.

The earthbender runs and breaks the floor behind her, slowing her pursuers.

Badgermole Jaw (Level 20)
Rift + Column= Earthbending DC: 49

Despite being the most rigid and ordered of all the realms, the Earth Kingdom has known many masters of torture and other "dishonorable arts". While being quite a dark heritage to bear, this "quest for information" developped creativity among the people of the land. To force any Fire Nation officer to deliver his secrets, burrow his legs, right below the crotch and tighten the soil. Maybe his nut will crack and open to it's treasure!

You use Rift to imprison a foe, locking him the earth (4d6 Bludgoning damage). By using Column underground, paralel to the floor, you crush him further, dealing 4d6 Bludgoning damage.

Meteor Strike (Level 18)
Catapult(transport) + Create Rubble = Earthbending DC: 39

Jomei faced the ranks of Fire Nation troops without fear. Though they outnumbered him fifty to one, and he had no chance of forcing a path through them to safety, all he needed was some solid earth under his feet. As they drew within range, he launched himself into the air with a column of stone, bellowing a battle cry as he soared over the startled soldiers. Landing in their midst, he came down with a force that shattered the earth around him, throwing his opponents off their feet and battering them with great slabs of stone, leaving them wide open for his next attack.

This form allows the earthbender to bypass enemy lines and create confusion and disorder among their ranks with an earthquake as they land. The DC increases as per the Catapult seed rules on how far they may travel while in the air, and as per the Create Rubble seed on how large the radius is. They also take falling damage as appropriate.

Epic Forms

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-20, 02:03 PM
Firebender Forms
http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/101/012.jpg

Levels 1 - 5
Burning Dragon Kick (Level 1)
Fire Kick + Burning Rush (Speed burst) + Flying Kick (feat) = Firebending DC 20

He's a strong opponent. He doesn't even bother to block my strikes anymore, and whatever that sticky stuff on his armor is keeps putting my fire out. Heh. Guess I can't hold back any longer, then. I dodge under his warhammer one last time and jump out of his reach. He can't keep up with me, and he doesn't bother to try. He just thinks that I'll tire out so he can crush me. Fool.
I turn tail and sprint the fifty feet to the other side. That deluded little man chuckles, thinking that I've given up. He'll find out all too soon that you should never fight a Fire Nation agent anywhere near a cliffside. Too bad he'll never have a chance to apply his knowledge. He takes up a defense position, expecting the attack. Fine by me.
I close my eyes and focus, feeling the familiar sensation of superheated air beneath my feet and the roar of the flames fills the cave, making the walls tremble in anticipation. I let the pressure build then explode out, the flames propelling my left leg straight outward in a vicious side-kick, covering the distance to my opponent in a fraction of a second, immediately shoving his helmet several inches into his head. As I made contact, I released the rest of my pressure, a river of fire consuming my opponent's face and propelling smoldering form several hundred feet to the cliff's base.

This form is a charge attack that deals unarmed strike damage + 1d12 bludgeoning damage from the Flying Kick feat (Oriental Adventures), and also deals Fire Blast damage if the attack roll succeeds. The attack roll is based off the firebender's modifiers with his unarmed strike. The charge gains a 5 ft. bonus to base land speed, as Burning Rush, plus another 5 ft. for every 5 points by which the Firebending check exceeds the DC.

Bursting Dragon Kick (Level 5)
Fire Kick + Burning Rush (speed burst) + Explosion (Repel) + Flying Kick (feat) = DC 25

As Burning Dragon Kick, but in addition, if the attack is successful, this form initiates a bull rush against the target, using the firebender's Wisdom modifier in place of Strength, as the Explosion seed. The firebender gains a +1 to to the bull rush check for every point that the Firebending check exceeds the DC, and he may not choose to move with the target of the form.

Levels 1- 10
Internal Combustion (Level10)
Fire in the Stomach+Explosion= DC 25

My Jailor had expended his strength, the torture session was over. But my strength was not spent, and I decided to show him that I should never be underestimated. Chained, flogged, and beaten I could still kill him. I took on last breath and held it in, letting the force build up inside me. I felt the tension grow and grow until it was unbearable, I felt a huge force erupt from my stomach as crimson flames shot out, then sweet sweet oblivion.

To Perform this form, the firebender must make a concentration check every round. (DC 15). Every round the firebender passes the Concentration check, the DC increases by 2. When the Firebender fails the check, intentional or not, They explode five feet for every round they passed the check. The explosion does the Firebender fireblast damage plus xd6, where X is rounds they passed the check.

Levels 11 - 15

Levels 16 - 20

Epic Forms
Thousand Birds (Epic)
Blades of Fire + Lightning(Cold Fire) = Firebending DC:59

The two warriors were standing still, watching each others moves. Their students were fighting a little farther on this new, half-built bridge. The mist was everywhere, starting to thin as the fugitive waterbender assassin couldn't concentrate or move to keep it strong. He was pinned by the fierce hounds of his firebender opponent, a rival from an allied country, known to be able to reproduce his foes bending arts, a feat beyond logic, Hamake Kadashi was a great ennemy.
''Zabura. You think I got there only thanks to my feat? I will now show you no copy, but my own technique'', Kadashi said calmly.
He joined his hands.
''Behold!''
Hamake Kadashi performed the moves needed to invoke his secret weapon, mostly hand signs. Between his thumbs began crackling in the chirping of a flock of small birds a raging thunder. The strength of this energy made the air grow heavy.
''You went too far. Tazura, your mark, represents the courage in this land. The bridge he is building, hope. You sacrificed too many to fulfill your ambitions. This is shameful to your clan.
-So what? I lived for my own ideals, not matter who or what gets in my way. It aint gonna change!, Zabura said in a smirk, behind the tight piece of cloth hiding the lower part of his face.
The scream of the lightning was deafening. In the blink of an eye, Kadashi deftly struck the heart of the runaway, arcs of power breaking through his body, roasting his red flesh. The hounds were scared, but this show wasn't new to their eyes, and the Master would surely let them have the corpse as a meal.

You make a lightning blade, which deal a huge amount of damage. It deals 1d6*1.5 electricity damage per level. In the spirit of the show, only the most powerful may use it without taxing their own stamina (Overbending).

Thousand Birds Current (Epic)
Blades of Fire + Lightning (Cold Fire) + Breath of the Dragon = DC 78

Zazuke and Narugo faced off for the first time in years. After he had broken off from their home village, Zazuke had learned so much. And now, he could use what he had learned to show Narugo the futility of coming after him.

"We may once have been on equal footing, but I have become so much stronger!"

And with that, he electrified his entire body, making him untouchable.

The firebender takes a full-round action to charge their body. Upon success, the bender is charged for as he maintain the form through swift actions. As long as the charge is in effect, his attacks deals 1d6*1.5 per level lightning damage.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-20, 02:04 PM
Waterbender Forms
http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/101/003.jpg

Levels 1 - 5
Drillspike (level 1)
Ice Shards (ranged) = Base DC 10

....The Dai Li agents have been hunting me all day, and there have been far too many close calls. This one's got his back turned to me, but it's only a matter of time before he senses my presence. I need to take him out. Now.
....This is my last waterskin; better make it count. I draw the water out as quietly as I can from behind a corner and form it into the sharpest point I can muster, allowing it to solidify into a sliver nearly a foot long. I start rotating the shard like a drill, building its accuracy and penetration power. I only have one shot at this. I look around the corner; the agent's still there, looking far more clueless than any Dai Li has a right to be. The shard is humming now with the spin I've been giving it.
....I let fly with my singular weapon, launching the miniature powerhouse at my opponent. The shard pierces the poor fool's back on the left side and goes clean through, bathing the stone floor in red. As the agent falls, I realize that he's been gagged, that his stone gloves served to shackle his hands, and that the earth around his feet was not a solidifying stance, but rather prevented his escape. My eyes widen. A shadow at my feet warns me of an agent behind me, and I realize that my fate is sealed.

This form takes a full-round action to perform and deals 1d6 damage for the ice shard, +1 to attack and damage for every 2 points by which the Bending check exceeds the DC. The bender may spend a full-round action building power for this form before executing it, and the shard gains an additional +2 to attack and damage for every such action taken, for up to 5 rounds.

Glacier Chain (level 4)
Water Whip + Ice Shards = DC 24

Silas takes a step back from the fight. Clearly the lashes from his liquid whip could not penetrate his opponent's armor. Unfortunately, it seems that he'll be unable to be merciful today.

A waterbender may, as a standard action, make a special whip comprised of fluid water and wicked barbs of ice which protrude from the liquid. The weapon has all the statistics of a spiked chain except that it deals an additional 2d6 damage, half of which is piercing and half of which is cold damage and has the hardness and hit points of ice, rather than steel. If a waterbender were to use the glacier chain in a trip or disarm attempt, this additional damage is automatically dealt if the initial touch attack is successful. The waterbender is automatically considered to be proficient with this weapon and the glacier chain may be extended and its damage increased in the same way as a water whip.

If a waterbender is already holding a Water Whip, it may be converted to a glacier chain as a move action, rather than a standard action.

Ice Dome (Level 1)
Water Shield DC 10 + Freeze/Melt DC 5 + 4 = DC 19

With a swirling motion and a flick of the wrists, a dome of water erupts from the ground around the Fire Nation warrior, flash-freezing into a shell trapping him in place.

Ice dome creates a hemisphere of ice with a five foot radius anywhere within bending range. Any individual within the hemisphere is both protected from outside attack and trapped inside until the ice wall is sundered or broken with a strength check. For every five points by which the DC is increased, the radius increases by five feet.

Encapsulate (Level 4)
Water Shield DC 10 + Freeze/Melt DC 5 + Water Blast DC 5 + 4 = DC 24

As the Waterbender's blast hits your chest, the water arcs out and surrounds you into a dome which instantly freezes, trapping you.

Causes the subject of a water blast to be trapped in an ice dome made of the blast's water as Ice Dome above.

Levels 1- 10
Swamp Eyes (level 6)
Manipulate + Feel the Flow; = Base DC 27

Of course, Shui Jin lasted this long because he knows when to fight and when to run. He's wise to run from my cloud, but I'm ready for him this time. As he leaves the cloud I created, a fine mist lingers at his feat. A close my eyes and sense his trail, allowing his own erratic motion to be his down fall. There is no escaping my eyes, hotman.

Using the Lake Sense function, the waterbender senses any movement within the mist, then manipulates the mist to follow the motion of form's target. This takes continuous focus, though, and the bender can't do much of anything else.

Water Clone Technique (Level 7)
Golem + Mist(Figment) :Waterbending DC 29

''Watch out team! We have no rank C midget on our tail. This warrior has seen many winters'', warned Hamake Kadashi to his pupils. It was the first time they had to escort someone to another country, beyond the defenses of their village. The master intended to bring them back in one piece.
''Your chief is right, kids. It is better to gather yourselves, so that every sides are clear of danger'', whispered the renegade assassin and reknown waterbender Modochi Zabura. His voice was close. Too close.
''Behind!'', screamed Narugo, the shortest but most energetic member of the squad. He was right. In the center of their formation was their foe, a huge grin behind his mask. With his incredibly large sword, he struck Kadashi to the waist, slicing him in two halves, as if he cut through butter.
Water fell on the floor, losing the color and features of the squad team.
''What?'', asked Zabura. He felt a knife on his neck, just over the artery.
It poke the smoot skin.
Water came dripping.
A second clone dissolved on the ground.
''Did you expect to fool me with my own trick? Amateur. Even your magic eye can't beat me, StealBender Kadashi!''
The master's fate seemed sealed, and death to this enemy would be short, he yelled to his pupils to flee, but one of them was here to stay. Narugo had a viscious look in his eye. He had a plan.

You create a water golem, giving it the appearance of anybody.

Levels 11 - 15
Run. Hide. There's no escape. (level 12)
Water Blast + Ice Shards (Ranged) + Mist = Base DC 33

The firebender has finally realized that it's all over. Shui Jin, the coward, runs behind the weathered outcropping at the arena's edge, obviously hoping to force me into coming to him. No such luck. The stream is kind enough to provide me with a shard of ice, and I launch it with a jet of water, allowing my blast to maneuver the missile around the corner that would be my doom if ever I approached it. The projectile leaves a fine trail of mist and shatters on impact, making a column of fog to give away my opponent's location. Sorant had to have seen that signal; he'll be coming to back me up shortly. Shui Jin is all ours now.

This form creates an ice shard that shatters into a mushroom cloud upon making contact with a solid object. Clouds are a cylinder 5 ft. wide and 10 ft. tall, plus an additional 5 ft. taller for every +5 added to the Waterbending DC. The shard may make turns as a Water Blast and more shards (and thus more signals) are possible at the rate of 1 per +4 to the DC.

Levels 16 - 20
Steam Snare (Level 20)
Mist + Feel the Flow + Freeze(Change Phase) = Waterbending DC: 47

She was close, but no one in our troop was able to pinpoint her. The only thing that proved us he was there, taunting us was the time of the day. No mist at all could rise under the midday sun.
It was thick, and the silence was unbearable. Sometimes, one of my soldiers would hit the furnitures, piled behind the houses, making us jump in an attempt to surprise the thief.
Then we heard her crystal-clear chuckling.
That angered me so much, but for ten minutes, nothing happened. Now it's freezing.
«All that for a sword she stole, I said to my partner. Why, nobody know.Until now, nobody knew a waterbender was in the village.»
I had been only answered by the cold biting my skin.
«Kodan?, I yelled. Where are you?»
Then I slipped on the icy floor, smashing my head on a frozen rock. The mist had cleared around me. Kodan was covered in a thin layer of ice, sitting on the floor, the white encompassing his being contrasting with my blood. I reched my brow with my hand. I was bleeding snow like hell.
Snow?
I couldn't move my eyes from Kodan, neither I could move my arms.
Then I heard her crystal-clear chuckling.
That angered me so much.

Essentially, you locate and freeze a poor soul inside your Swamp Eyes.

Epic Forms
White Preservation (Epic)
Puppet + Freeze(Change Phase) = Waterbending DC: 59

Fright began lurking on my spine as my bulking muscles were moving against my will, under the control of that hag. Her fiendish smile madened me, I couldn't understand how such torture inspired such pleasure.
She was toying with me, but her fun seemed to last quite for a short time. She wasn't concentrating on any humiliation to deal, she tried to do more.
Her unability to further increase my pain filled me with joy.
Then I saw excitement in her old eyes.
My skin started stretching, my flesh pushing it to the limit as it grew in mass.
I was freezing to the core.
Everything became black.
"Well, I guess storage won't be trouble anymore. What a great way to keep them fresh!", said Hama when she climbed back to her house.

Flesh to Stone, with a Dominate Person as apetizer, waterbender style.

jagadaishio
2008-06-20, 02:25 PM
Ice Dome (Waterbender Level 1+)
Water Shield DC 10 + Freeze/Melt DC 5 + 4 = DC 19

With a swirling motion and a flick of the wrists, a dome of water erupts from the ground around the Fire Nation warrior, flash-freezing into a shell trapping him in place.

Ice dome creates a hemisphere of ice with a five foot radius anywhere within bending range. Any individual within the hemisphere is both protected from outside attack and trapped inside until the ice wall is sundered or broken with a strength check. For every five points by which the DC is increased, the radius increases by five feet.

----------

Encapsulate (Waterbender Level 4+)
Water Shield DC 10 + Freeze/Melt DC 5 + Water Blast DC 5 + 4 = DC 24

As the Waterbender's blast hits your chest, the water arcs out and surrounds you into a dome which instantly freezes, trapping you.

Causes the subject of a water blast to be trapped in an ice dome made of the blast's water as Ice Dome above.

----------

Fog Eyes (Waterbender Level 14+)
Mist DC 10 + Feel the Flow DC 20 + 4 = DC 34

The Waterbender smiles at the warriors pointing their spears at him, and a roiling fog starts to spread out from where he's standing. That was the last time those warriors ever say him, or anything else, for that matter.

A cloud of fog, as the fog application of mist, is created around the Waterbender. Within the fog cloud, the bender can sense any motion, as per the Lake application of Feel the Flow. The fog cloud's radius is ten feet, and the radius increases by 5 for every 5 points by which the DC is increased. The bender's special sense does not extend further than a 30ft radius.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-20, 02:41 PM
Cool Waterbender Forms

Would you mind adding a fluff entry? It adds some punch to the seeds, and just makes the system more flavorful.

Eighth_Seraph
2008-06-20, 03:27 PM
Alright, here's a translation of one of my personal favorites. The original draft didn't use Fire Kick and was thus usable at first level, but then I realized how broken that would be at first level.

Burning Dragon Kick (Level 1)
Fire Kick + Burning Rush (Speed burst) + Flying Kick (feat) = Firebending DC 20
He's a strong opponent. He doesn't even bother to block my strikes anymore, and whatever that sticky stuff on his armor is keeps putting my fire out. Heh. Guess I can't hold back any longer, then. I dodge under his warhammer one last time and jump out of his reach. He can't keep up with me, and he doesn't bother to try. He just thinks that I'll tire out so he can crush me. Fool.
I turn tail and sprint the fifty feet to the other side. That deluded little man chuckles, thinking that I've given up. He'll find out all too soon that you should never fight a Fire Nation agent anywhere near a cliffside. Too bad he'll never have a chance to apply his knowledge. He takes up a defense position, expecting the attack. Fine by me.
I close my eyes and focus, feeling the familiar sensation of superheated air beneath my feet and the roar of the flames fills the cave, making the walls tremble in anticipation. I let the pressure build then explode out, the flames propelling my left leg straight outward in a vicious side-kick, covering the distance to my opponent in a fraction of a second, immediately shoving his helmet several inches into his head. As I made contact, I released the rest of my pressure, a river of fire consuming my opponent's face and propelling smoldering form several hundred feet to the cliff's base.

This form is a charge attack that deals unarmed strike damage + 1d12 bludgeoning damage from the Flying Kick feat (Oriental Adventures), and also deals Fire Blast damage if the attack roll succeeds. The attack roll is based off the firebender's modifiers with his unarmed strike. The charge gains a 5 ft. bonus to base land speed, as Burning Rush, plus another 5 ft. for every 5 points by which the Firebending check exceeds the DC.

Bursting Dragon Kick (Level 5)
Fire Kick + Burning Rush (speed burst) + Explosion (Repel) + Flying Kick (feat) = DC 25
As Burning Dragon Kick, but in addition, if the attack is successful, this form initiates a bull rush against the target, using the firebender's Wisdom modifier in place of Strength, as the Explosion seed. The firebender gains a +1 to to the bull rush check for every point that the Firebending check exceeds the DC, and he may not choose to move with the target of the form.
----------------------
Drillspike (level 1)
Ice Shards (ranged) = Base DC 10
....The Dai Li agents have been hunting me all day, and there have been far too many close calls. This one's got his back turned to me, but it's only a matter of time before he senses my presence. I need to take him out. Now.
....This is my last waterskin; better make it count. I draw the water out as quietly as I can from behind a corner and form it into the sharpest point I can muster, allowing it to solidify into a sliver nearly a foot long. I start rotating the shard like a drill, building its accuracy and penetration power. I only have one shot at this. I look around the corner; the agent's still there, looking far more clueless than any Dai Li has a right to be. The shard is humming now with the spin I've been giving it.
....I let fly with my singular weapon, launching the miniature powerhouse at my opponent. The shard pierces the poor fool's back on the left side and goes clean through, bathing the stone floor in red. As the agent falls, I realize that he's been gagged, that his stone gloves served to shackle his hands, and that the earth around his feet was not a solidifying stance, but rather prevented his escape. My eyes widen. A shadow at my feet warns me of an agent behind me, and I realize that my fate is sealed.

This form takes a full-round action to perform and deals 1d6 damage for the ice shard, +1 to attack and damage for every 2 points by which the Bending check exceeds the DC. The bender may spend a full-round action building power for this form before executing it, and the shard gains an additional +2 to attack and damage for every such action taken, for up to 5 rounds.
Glacier Chain (level 4)
Water Whip + Ice Shards = DC 24
Silas takes a step back from the fight. Clearly the lashes from his liquid whip could not penetrate his opponent's armor. Unfortunately, it seems that he'll be unable to be merciful today.

A waterbender may, as a standard action, make a special whip comprised of fluid water and wicked barbs of ice which protrude from the liquid. The weapon has all the statistics of a spiked chain except that it deals an additional 2d6 damage, half of which is piercing and half of which is cold damage and has the hardness and hit points of ice, rather than steel. If a waterbender were to use the glacier chain in a trip or disarm attempt, this additional damage is automatically dealt if the initial touch attack is successful. The waterbender is automatically considered to be proficient with this weapon and the glacier chain may be extended and its damage increased in the same way as a water whip.

If a waterbender is already holding a Water Whip, it may be converted to a glacier chain as a move action, rather than a standard action.
Swamp Eyes (level 6)
Manipulate + Feel the Flow; = Base DC 27
Of course, Shui Jin lasted this long because he knows when to fight and when to run. He's wise to run from my cloud, but I'm ready for him this time. As he leaves the cloud I created, a fine mist lingers at his feat. A close my eyes and sense his trail, allowing his own erratic motion to be his down fall. There is no escaping my eyes, hotman.

Using the Lake Sense function, the waterbender senses any movement within the mist, then manipulates the mist to follow the motion of form's target. This takes continuous focus, though, and the bender can't do much of anything else.
Run. Hide. There's no escape. (level 12)
Water Blast + Ice Shards (Ranged) + Mist = Base DC 33
The firebender has finally realized that it's all over. Shui Jin, the coward, runs behind the weathered outcropping at the arena's edge, obviously hoping to force me into coming to him. No such luck. The stream is kind enough to provide me with a shard of ice, and I launch it with a jet of water, allowing my blast to maneuver the missile around the corner that would be my doom if ever I approached it. The projectile leaves a fine trail of mist and shatters on impact, making a column of fog to give away my opponent's location. Sorant had to have seen that signal; he'll be coming to back me up shortly. Shui Jin is all ours now.

This form creates an ice shard that shatters into a mushroom cloud upon making contact with a solid object. Clouds are a cylinder 5 ft. wide and 10 ft. tall, plus an additional 5 ft. taller for every +5 added to the Waterbending DC. The shard may make turns as a Water Blast and more shards (and thus more signals) are possible at the rate of 1 per +4 to the DC.
---------------
Here's some I thought was a pretty cool form for an airbender that wants to be hard-core.

High Impact (level 1)
Air Blast + Run as the Wind = DC 19
....Now Yan went and did it, beating up on that little airbender kid. Poor little guy, I bet he feels terrible. Look at him, he's crying! When we get home, I'm gonna have to set Yan straight. Whoa, wait. That airbender kid's looking kinda mad now.
...."Yan, are you sure you know what you're doing?"
....He didn't have time to answer me before the airbender boy let out the feral cry of an enraged child, and the next thing I knew, a tan blur roared past me, a violent wind whipping in its wake, and rammed into Yan, knocking him breathless and hoving him at least a hundred yards, where he crashed brusquely into a stone wall that cracked under the impact. The little airbender kid stood panting over Yan's collapsed form, crying from rage and sorrow at what he had just done.

The airbendertakes a run action and moves towards his opponent, with a swirling ball of wind in his outstretched hand. On a failed Reflex save, this technique carries the opponent to the end of the airbender's movement, and then executes an airblast against the opponent.

Zak Crimsonleaf
2008-06-20, 05:40 PM
So, is this an open forum, or not? I have a few ideas. Not all that great or original, but I might think of more later. Fixed the forms, or tried to. Let me know if anything else needs doing.

Spike Stones (Level 1)
Earth Blast + Move A Rock(shaping) = Base DC 14

The earthbender raised a hefty boulder from the ground, but slammed a fist down on it first, cutting it into a jagged spike, then sent it flying at his opponent.

The earthbender may deal piercing damage instead of bludgeoning damage with his earth blast.

Dust Devil (Level 1)
Dust + Move A Rock = 14

The sandbender smiled at the fool that had thought himself powerful enough to fight the desert, and turned his attention to the sand under his opponent's feet, causing it to spiral into a swirling barrier of suffocating dust that left him nowhere to run.

The earthbender creates a small whirlwind of dust, dirt, or sand. The base DC is for one five-foot square. The area may be increased as per the rules of Move A Rock, one extra five-foot square of area adds to the DC. It can be created anywhere within the earthbender's bending range, and may be moved at up to his running speed. It can be summoned up around the earthbender, to hide his prescence, around an opponent, who must make a reflex save or become trapped within it (they may break out, making another reflex save to avoid being trapped again, but must make a fortitude save to avoid breathing in dust and being blinded. If they fail this save, they must spend a full-round action choking and wiping dust out of their eyes. While within the whirlwind, they have access to their full range of abilities, but as they cannot see out, are considered blinded for purposes of targeting any form. Also, the wind that comes off it may be used to propel a small sailing craft. (such as the Sandbender sailers)

Blinding Blast (Level 1)
Dust + Earth Blast = Base DC 14

Jomei gritted his teeth with effort, and slammed his foot down, raising both the boulder he intended to bury in his opponent's skull, and a great cloud of dust that billowed up around him.

The earthbender may raise a cloud of dust when using his Earth Blast. This cloud may be centered on him, or be raised in a five-foot line along the line of his blast, or be raised in a cone in the direction of his blast.

--------------------------------
Added a couple more ideas.

Crack the Earth (Level 6)
Create Rubble + Earth Blast = Base DC 24

Jomei's attack not only struck the opponent with bone-shatternig force, but ripped up the ground as it went, leaving behind a great gash that would prove quite effective as a barrier to any response, as well as splitting the ground under their feet.

This form allows the earthbender to make use of the Create Rubble seed along the line of their earth blast. Alternatively, they may use it in the standard radius effect, but for that, the DC increases as per the rules. Also, they may direct the effect in a cone in the direction of their earth blast, but again, the DC increases.

Meteor Strike (Level 18)
Catapult(transport) + Create Rubble = Base DC 39

Jomei faced the ranks of Fire Nation troops without fear. Though they outnumbered him fifty to one, and he had no chance of forcing a path through them to safety, all he needed was some solid earth under his feet. As they drew within range, he launched himself into the air with a column of stone, bellowing a battle cry as he soared over the startled soldiers. Landing in their midst, he came down with a force that shattered the earth around him, throwing his opponents off their feet and battering them with great slabs of stone, leaving them wide open for his next attack.

This form allows the earthbender to bypass enemy lines and create confusion and disorder among their ranks with an earthquake as they land. The DC increases as per the Catapult seed rules on how far they may travel while in the air, and as per the Create Rubble seed on how large the radius is. They also take falling damage as appropriate.

Stone Spear (Level 2)
Column + Move A Rock(shaping) = Base DC 19

The earthbender smiled unpleasantly at his quarry, who had just run out of places to go. With a twist and shove movement, he wrenched a pointed spike of stone from the ground in front of her. pinning her to the wall.

Functions as the crush ability of the column seed, only if the opponent fails the reflex save, they are impaled, not pinned, take piercing damage instead of crushing damage, and must make a fortitude save to be able to act the next round. (This one needs work, probably)

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-20, 06:05 PM
So, is this an open forum, or not? I have a few ideas. Not all that great or original, but I might think of more later. By the way, how does one put these things away in the spoiler bars?

Welcome, Zak! You can post new forms here if you want, and don't bother wether your ideas are original or not. We're trying to reunite a big bank of forms.

Spoilers are made like this: Your text here.
Remove the space in the first and you'll get this:

Your text here.

Jadagaisho: Thank you, I'll add yours .

jagadaishio
2008-06-20, 11:13 PM
Any reason that Fog Eyes wasn't added?

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-20, 11:28 PM
Any reason that Fog Eyes wasn't added?

Since I wanted fluff, I added Eight Seraph's forms first; He had Swamp Eyes, the exact same form. You were second, so yours was cut off. Sorry.

Eighth_Seraph
2008-06-21, 03:33 PM
Well, they're very similar forms, to be sure, but they're not the same; there's a few key differences. Jag's Fog Eyes creates the mist and immediately begins sensing all within it. My Swamp Eyes requires pre-existing mist (it was meant to be used alongside Run. Hide. You can't Escape.) and causes the 5-foot cube of mist surrounding a single target to move with him. I'd say that they're different enough to merit separate entries.

Glad to have you on board, Zak. Now, there's a few things that you might want to make clearer in the forms you've made. For example, exactly what size is Dust Devil, in terms of five-foot increments? What do you mean by trapped; is the target able to attack, bend, etc.? How does one break out of it? Is it a Strength check, another Reflex save, etc? Also, what are the effects of breathing in the sand? How long is one blinded?

As for Blinding Blast, what size and shape is the cloud of dust? Does it follow the blast, making a 5-foot wide line of dust to the target, or does it make within a radius? It's a pain to write all of that out, yes, but that's why we put them in spoiler tags; so they don't clutter up the post.

I like these forms, though. They're very simple and practical, exactly what this thread was built for. I'd like to leave most of those ingenious synergetically optimized forms for players to think up themselves.

I'll continue transferring some more forms from the old thread, unless I think of something brilliant.

Pirate_King
2008-06-21, 04:34 PM
what about my Dragon's Tail and Din's Fire, and seraph's combustion? there are a few other forms still on the other thread that could be moved, too

Eighth_Seraph
2008-06-21, 04:54 PM
I didn't add Combustion because I haven't made fluff for it yet, and I'm not sure if people want to convert their own forms. The statement in the first post about Guyr transferring all the old forms is something that I wrote in the original thread #2 (if that makes any sense) that stayed when Guyr took over.

But yeah, there's a whole buncha forms that could be brought over. The spoiler tags in the OP of the first thread have most of them, so it's not hard to find them.

Copacetic
2008-06-21, 05:07 PM
Converting My most favorite Form. Man, I had a good cackle creating this.

Internal Combustion(10+)

[spoiler]My Jailor had expended his strength, the torture session was over. But my strength was not spent, and I decided to show him that I should never be underestimated. Chained, flogged, and beaten I could still kill him. I took on last breath and held it in, letting the force build up inside me. I felt the tension grow and grow until it was unbearable, I felt a huge force erupt from my stomach as crimson flames shot out, then sweet sweet oblivion.

To Perform this form, the firebender must make a concentration check every round. (DC 15). Every round the firebender passes the Concentration check, the DC increases by 2. When the Firebender fails the check, intentional or not, They explode five feet for every round they passed the check. The explosion does the Firebender fireblast damage plus xd6, where X is rounds they passed the check.

GrandDukeJerot
2008-06-21, 09:16 PM
Here's a little something I came up with. Looking at other people's seeds, I'm not sure how to add DCs for seeds. Is it all seeds DCs combined +4? Because that's what I'll do here. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Reject The Advancing Foe (Earthbending)
Earth Blast + Wall (Push) = DC 19 (Level 3)
They were coming for me. Too dangerous... far too dangerous... I needed to split them up. Digging deep inside, I stomped on the ground. Rising from the ground, a hunk of rock slams into one of them, throwing them gut-first yards backwards. It may have just slowed them down, but it would give him enough time to take care of the other one.
Reject the Advancing Foe Deals damage equal to one's Earth Blast. Also, upon a successful hit, the attack pushed back the target 20 feet + 5 feet for each 5 that the DC is exceeded by.

jagadaishio
2008-06-21, 09:38 PM
Converting My most favorite Form. Man, I had a good cackle creating this.

Internal Combustion(10+)

[spoiler]My Jailor had expended his strength, the torture session was over. But my strength was not spent, and I decided to show him that I should never be underestimated. Chained, flogged, and beaten I could still kill him. I took on last breath and held it in, letting the force build up inside me. I felt the tension grow and grow until it was unbearable, I felt a huge force erupt from my stomach as crimson flames shot out, then sweet sweet oblivion.

Shouldn't that actually be Explosion + Fire Burst, in order to create a bender-centered explosion, with overbending high enough to kill?

Eighth_Seraph
2008-06-21, 09:53 PM
Actually, it would be Fire in the Stomach/Fire Burst, strictly speaking. Explosion just seems to fit the flavor more, and is a cheaper seed with good way to circumvent that pesky +4 for combining seeds. But yeah. Fire Burst makes a whole lot more sense mechanically, unless you really want the knockback.

@ DukeJerot - form DC are all the seeds +4 for each seed after the first, though some forms may have some arbitrary increases or decreases, depending on circumstance and creativity.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-21, 10:50 PM
Posting my babies so you get to check foe errors before adding them to the list. keep on the good work!

Steam Snare (Level 20)
Mist/Feel the Flow/Freeze(Change Phase)= Waterbending DC: 47

She was close, but no one in our troop was able to pinpoint her. The only thing that proved us he was there, taunting us was the time of the day. No mist at all could rise under the midday sun.
It was thick, and the silence was unbearable. Sometimes, one of my soldiers would hit the furnitures, piled behind the houses, making us jump in an attempt to surprise the thief.
Then we heard her crystal-clear chuckling.
That angered me so much, but for ten minutes, nothing happened. Now it's freezing.
«All that for a sword she stole, I said to my partner. Why, nobody know.Until now, nobody knew a waterbender was in the village.»
I had been only answered by the cold biting my skin.
«Kodan?, I yelled. Where are you?»
Then I slipped on the icy floor, smashing my head on a frozen rock. The mist had cleared around me. Kodan was covered in a thin layer of ice, sitting on the floor, the white encompassing his being contrasting with my blood. I reched my brow with my hand. I was bleeding snow like hell.
Snow?
I couldn't move my eyes from Kodan, neither I could move my arms.
Then I heard her crystal-clear chuckling.
That angered me so much.

Essentially, you locate and freeze a poor soul inside your Swamp Eyes.

White Preservation (Epic)
Puppet/Freeze(Change Phase)= Waterbending DC: 59

Fright began lurking on my spine as my bulking muscles were moving against my will, under the control of that hag. Her fiendish smile madened me, I couldn't understand how such torture inspired such pleasure.
She was toying with me, but her fun seemed to last quite for a short time. She wasn't concentrating on any humiliation to deal, she tried to do more.
Her unability to further increase my pain filled me with joy.
Then I saw excitement in her old eyes.
My skin started stretching, my flesh pushing it to the limit as it grew in mass.
I was freezing to the core.
Everything became black.
"Well, I guess storage won't be trouble anymore. What a great way to keep them fresh!", said Hama when she climbed back to her house.

Stone to Flesh, with a Dominate Person as apetizer, waterbender style.

Scream Hole (Level 20)
Sound Waves(Resonating Sound)/Air Shield= Airbending DC: 44

"Get off me!", yelled the arrow-tatooed women.
"I said get OFF!" As she screamed, her voice lost itself in an unearthly wail, strong enough to make her abductors ears bleed. They got rolling on the ground, repelled by the gust the airbender summoned. By the time they could get up, she fled.
-Man, you said Air Nomad girls were easy!
-'Was told they were screamers, lad.

Sonic damage in an immediate zone, while pushing away foes.

Badgermole Jaw (Level 20)
Rift/Column= Earthbending DC: 49

Despite being the most rigid and ordered of all the realms, the Earth Kingdom has known many masters of torture and other "dishonorable arts". While being quite a dark heritage to bear, this "quest for information" developped creativity among the people of the land. To force any Fire Nation officer to deliver his secrets, burrow his legs, right below the crotch and tighten the soil. Maybe his nut will crack and open to it's treasure!

Ouch.

Rolling Mound (Level 16)
Earthen Stride/Create Rubble= Earthbending DC: 39

"CHIEF! Chief! The forest is crashing! Animals are panicked! Dust clouds have rised to the north! It must be an Earth Kingdom strike!"
It was too late. Trees started falling on the camp, the soil rippling under as a green-clothed kid was riding a mound of earth.
"I'M THE GREATEST EARTHBENDER IN THE WORLD!", yelled the girl.

If you didn’t get that one, you don’t deserve being here.

Thousand Birds (Epic)
Blades of Fire/Lightning(Cold Fire): Firebending DC:59

The two warriors were standing still, watching each others moves. Their students were fighting a little farther on this new, half-built bridge. The mist was everywhere, starting to thin as the fugitive waterbender assassin couldn't concentrate or move to keep it strong. He was pinned by the fierce hounds of his firebender opponent, a rival from an allied country, known to be able to reproduce his foes bending arts, a feat beyond logic, Hamake Kadashi was a great ennemy.
''Zabura. You think I got there only thanks to my feat? I will now show you no copy, but my own technique'', Kadashi said calmly.
He joined his hands.
''Behold!''
Hamake Kadashi performed the moves needed to invoke his secret weapon, mostly hand signs. Between his thumbs began crackling in the chirping of a flock of small birds a raging thunder. The strength of this energy made the air grow heavy.
''You went too far. Tazura, your mark, represents the courage in this land. The bridge he is building, hope. You sacrificed too many to fulfill your ambitions. This is shameful to your clan.
-So what? I lived for my own ideals, not matter who or what gets in my way. It aint gonna change!, Zabura said in a smirk, behind the tight piece of cloth hiding the lower part of his face.
The scream of the lightning was deafening. In the blink of an eye, Kadashi deftly struck the heart of the runaway, arcs of power breaking through his body, roasting his red flesh. The hounds were scared, but this show wasn't new to their eyes, and the Master would surely let them have the corpse as a meal.

You won't get shunned for this one, but it's still easy.
You make a lightning blade, which deal a huge amount of damage.

Water Clone Technique (Level 7)
Golem/Mist(Figment) :Waterbending DC 29

''Watch out team! We have no rank C midget on our tail. This warrior has seen many winters'', warned Hamake Kadashi to his pupils. It was the first time they had to escort someone to another country, beyond the defenses of their village. The master intended to bring them back in one piece.
''Your chief is right, kids. It is better to gather yourselves, so that every sides are clear of danger'', whispered the renegade assassin and reknown waterbender Modochi Zabura. His voice was close. Too close.
''Behind!'', screamed Narugo, the shortest but most energetic member of the squad. He was right. In the center of their formation was their foe, a huge grin behind his mask. With his incredibly large sword, he struck Kadashi to the waist, slicing him in two halves, as if he cut through butter.
Water fell on the floor, losing the color and features of the squad team.
''What?'', asked Zabura. He felt a knife on his neck, just over the artery.
It poke the smoot skin.
Water came dripping.
A second clone dissolved on the ground.
''Did you expect to fool me with my own trick? Amateur. Even your magic eye can't beat me, StealBender Kadashi!''
The master's fate seemed sealed, and death to this enemy would be short, he yelled to his pupils to flee, but one of them was here to stay. Narugo had a viscious look in his eye. He had a plan.

You know the drill.

Vibrating Sound Drill (Level 11)
Flowing Air Strike/Sound Waves(Resonating Sound): Airbending DC: 34

''You dare try to cover your ears? What a pity. I'll teach you something; your body is full of water. And sound goes through water easily. So, the rest of your body, the parts you aren't protecting, act as some giant ear. Try to dodge my attacks now. What? Too dazed to mo....''

The green clad monk fainted. His ears were bleeding like hell, the pain was too high to witstand. Safura would have to defend herself alone now.

Again.
You deal sonic damage and deafen your foes with unarmed strikes. Coooool.

Mephibosheth
2008-06-23, 09:45 AM
Here's a quick and easy airbending form, but can be quite powerful.

Updraft (Level 11-15)
Air Blast/The Four Winds = Airbending DC: 29

Giyatso gulped as the firebender approached. With his back to the wall, Giyatso was running out of options. He leveled his staff at the firebender, batting aside a few fire blasts, but he knew it couldn't last. Then, his eyes widening with realization, Giyatso leapt forward, landing in a crouch and bringin his staff sweeping upwards. A gust of wind rushed from beneath the firebender's feet, and he was thrown skyward, landing in a crumpled heap when he fell.

This form functions identically to a normal Air Blast, with the exception that the blast originates beneath the target and forces the target straight up into the air. If the target strikes a solid ceiling, it takes damage as if it had fallen the length of the Air Blast.

GrandDukeJerot
2008-06-23, 10:16 AM
Building on Guyr's seeds involving certain sneaky characters from a ramen-tastic show, I give you:

One Thousand Years of Death
Air Burst + Air Thrust = 15 (Level 1)

Narugo was an idiot. Instead of hiding like the others, he decided to face Kadashi head-on. And while he had energy, and quite a few tricks, he was no match for the seasoned warrior. Quickly, Kadashi got behind Narugo, forming a strange seal with his hands.

"This is the secret martial art of our village: One Thousand Years of Death!"

And he promptly stuck his hands into Narugo's rear end. Channeling wind chakra, Kadashi launched him into the nearby lake.

The airbender must make a successful melee hit against an opponent. If successful, they deal 1d4 concussive damage, and launch the target 20 ft + 5 ft for every 5 that the DC is passed by.

(I found this one really hard to do, because there's no ability that allows you to throw a person with ease in the Air bending seeds. Also, I didn't add the 4, because this is limited to a melee move)

Spiraling Great Sphere
Air Thrust + Air Scythe = DC 35 (Level 12)

He needed to save her. Sunade was the only healer capable of saving Zazuke and Kadashi. If Narugo let Kaburo kill her, then she couldn't save him. Well, he would have to show her that he had won their little bet.

He began channeling the air into his hand, creating a barely contained ball of scything win. Rushing up to Kaburo, he slammed it into his stomach as it began to grind away.

"It's over, Kaburo!"

By making a successful touch attack agains an opponent, the airbender does 7d6 bludgeoning damage. Upon failing the air bending check by 5 or more, the Great Spiraling sphere does not work, as it takes the utmost power and concentration to form it, and keep it in form to attack an opponent.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-23, 11:06 AM
:smallredface:

Finally, someone take on my legacy! Thank you for the new character names and techniques, I'll make sure to keep them.

Keep on the good work, lads!

GrandDukeJerot
2008-06-23, 11:25 AM
More ramen-tastic stuff.

Thousand Birds Current

Blades of Fire + Lightning (Cold Fire) + Breath of the Dragon = DC 78 (Epic)

Zazuke and Narugo faced off for the first time in years. After he had broken off from their home village, Zazuke had learned so much. And now, he could use what he had learned to show Narugo the futility of coming after him.

More ramen-tastic stuff.

Thousand Birds Current

The firebender takes a full-round action to charge their body. Upon success, the bender is charged for a number of rounds equal to one half their firebender level. As long as the charge is in effect, as an attack action, the firebender may make a melee touch attempt. If it succeeds, it deals d6 * 1.5 per level lightning damage.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-23, 11:34 AM
More ramen-tastic stuff.

Thousand Birds Current

The firebender takes a full-round action to charge their body. Upon success, the bender is charged. The next time someone hits the firebender with a melee attack using their hands or a metal weapon, they they are dealt 20d6 damage. Upon dealing this damage, the charge has been dissipated. Once the charge has been dissipated, the firebender must use Thousand Birds Current again to charge their body.

Great, but I'd remove the "charge" part. While the anime had it that way, the system don't and arbitrary changes like this one don't fly much.

GrandDukeJerot
2008-06-23, 12:30 PM
I am familiar with how it works in Naruto, but then it unbalances the skill. Just take one skill test, and for the rest of the battle, anything that touches you dies? I think it needs to work this way for it to be balanced.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-23, 01:23 PM
I am familiar with how it works in Naruto, but then it unbalances the skill. Just take one skill test, and for the rest of the battle, anything that touches you dies? I think it needs to work this way for it to be balanced.

1) It only applies to your melee attacks, not those of the enemy.

2) It's an Epic level form. See where I'm going?

GrandDukeJerot
2008-06-23, 01:47 PM
Ah. I think I get it now. I'll make the appropriate changes.

(I think I was making it seem like a defensive technique rather than an offensive)

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-23, 02:01 PM
Ah. I think I get it now. I'll make the appropriate changes.

(I think I was making it seem like a defensive technique rather than an offensive)

I'll fix it while I add it to the list, but the duration should be "as long as you maintain it through swift actions" and the damage 1d6*1.5 per level".

Zak Crimsonleaf
2008-06-24, 10:22 PM
Got another one, plus a few more that I added to my earlier post. More simple stuff that I thought up. Edited in response to the following post, which makes good sense.

Entangling Blast (Level 6)
Steady Stance(offensive) + Earth Blast = DC 24

The earthbender's attack took the form of a river of jagged stone that tore along the ground. When it ended, his opponent, besides sporting a few fresh bruises, had their feet firmly anchored to the ground, unable to move.

This form, supposing that the attack roll of the blast hits, renders the opponent immovable as per the offensive use of the Steady Stance seed.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-24, 10:35 PM
Sure Striking Blast, the way you describe it, is more like a Steady Stance (Offensive) followed by a blast than a melded form. An entanglng blast would be more appropriate perhaps?

Zak Crimsonleaf
2008-06-27, 10:38 PM
Edited the entangling blast, and got something new. Might as well keep this thread going somehow. I'd appreciate a few contributions from other bending styles. I do prefer earthbending, but that doesn't mean the other styles shouldn't have some representation.

Entangling Strike (Level 16)
Steady Stance(offensive) + Create Rubble =Base Earthbending DC 34

The Fire Nation soldiers closed in on Jomei, spears and swords eager for his blood, and some with fire in their hands, ready to burn him to a scorch mark. He only smiled. Raising his hands, he roared a challenge, slamming both fists into the ground, causing it to crack open under their feet. When the dust cleared, all of them were sunk to their ankles in the ground.

The earthbender, when using the Create Rubble seed, causes each opponent that fails their reflex save to become immobilized as per the Steady Stance seed. The DC increases for the radius of the area affected, as usual.

GrandDukeJerot
2008-06-28, 12:32 AM
I'm not 100% sure about how to go about this, but could it be possible to build a golem around oneself? Combine Earthen Armor and Golem to give you a natural slam attack? Here's how I would write it under my understanding.

One with the Earth
Armor (Earthen) + Golem (Full Str Enhance) = DC 50 Level: (Epic?)

Tomoru gave it all he had. All of his strikes were just not strong enough to defeat Yan'dong's excellent defense. His foe's control of the earth matched his own. At least with the way that they were using the earth. Tomoru realized that there was only one way to bring him down.

Taking a deep breath, he bended the ground, controlling it and shaping it. Yan'dong could only watch on in fascination as the earth engulfed Tomoru. It became one with the earth.

The earth bender must take a full round action to take the earth in, and meld it to his body. In turn, he gains 5/piercing DR and a slam attack at the bender's unarmed attack plus twice their wisdom modifier. This lasts for a number of rounds equal to 4 + the earth bender's wisdom modifier, but may be dismissed at any time as a swift action.

Zak Crimsonleaf
2008-07-08, 06:29 PM
Turns out you can do a lot of crazy stuff with Earth Blast. I need a better name. Yes, I'm still looking into this stuff. If I have to I'll fill up the Earthbending section all by myself, which I must admit would be nice.

Skyward Blast (Level 11)
Earth Blast + Catapult(knockback) = Earthhbending DC 29

Maddened beyond any semblance of control, Jomei swept his arm forward, sending a wave of earth slashing along the ground, and carving out a great furrow. His opponent, caught in the blast, was flung skyward like a child's toy.

The earthbender, if his earth blast hits, also knocks his opponent back as per the Catapult seed, and if flung against a solid surface, they take damage accordingly.

rickvoid
2008-07-10, 03:48 PM
Not a whole lot of forms for firebenders, I see...

Lavagun, DC 19, Level 1
Fire Blast + Intensify
"Mine burns hotter..."

A Firebender can make his Fire Blast hotter by concentrating on it. This adds an extra die of damage to the fire blast, plus another die of damage for every four points by which he beats the check up to his base blast damage.

A Level one Firebender with the Intensify seed, Skill Focus (FireBending), Focused Bending (Intensify), 4 Firebending ranks, and 18 Wis has a Bending check of 15 before he even rolls. A roll of four gives him a Fire Blast with a damage of 2d6, and a roll of 8 (or higher) gives him 3d6.

I think this is how the bending system works, let me know if I've got it wrong.

Zak Crimsonleaf
2008-07-19, 06:48 PM
Y'know, I'm not exactly sure if this works, but if it does, it would be pretty cool. Please let me know if I'm making some kind of horrible mistake. I'm the first to admit I'm not as in tune with the Avatar project as others.

Twin Stone Slam (Level 6)
Column(crush) + Column(crush) = Earthbending DC 24

Jomei studied the situation. He desperately needed to finish this fight and get away from here, but his opponent was either too lucky or too tough to go down, and there was nothing to pin him against. Then, the idea came to him. Slamming both fists together, he called forth two stone columns from the ground on either side of the man, crushing him between them.

The earthbender is able to use the crush function of the column seed without having to rely on something solid being within range of their opponent.

Eighth_Seraph
2008-07-19, 10:02 PM
I like Twin Stone Slam and Lavagun, though I think the latter needs a new name, as it's rather misleading; and the DC should be 15, not 19, since Intensity is a template seed. Also, it's seriously broken at higher levels. The limit set by the seed goes up to Fire Blast damage, so we need to make the additional damage dice be worth a +10 DC increase, since if we allow this, a firebender will apply the template to every single form.

Anywho, we have so much new material from Sozin's Comet to use, that I don't even know where to start. Well, actually. Meloves me my Toph, so I'll start with a suite of armored forms.

Tin Man (Epic)
Armor (Earthen Armor) + Metalbending = DC 50
I swear! The cell's door just flew open by itself and fell to the floor! And then this girl jumped on top of it and the door wrapped itself around her! It was possessed! Then, all I can remember is this stell beast charging at me, then waking up here. You gotta believe me!

The earthbender wraps herself in at least a 5-foot square sheet of metal, granting her DR 10/- and Energy Resistance 10 against Fire and Cold. Further, because the earthbender is completely surrounded by her element, she may opt to move herself by use of Move a Rock rather than moving at her base land speed. Maintaining the earthen armor for more than two rounds gives a -4 penalty to all Earthbending checks until the earthbender ends the seed, increasing by -1 every two turns. If this penalty actually makes the difference that causes an earthbender to fail a Earthbending check, she may choose to end the seed and remove the penalty at that time. An earthbender can concentrate on maintaining this seed as a Swift action.
Stone Fist (level 4)
Armor (Earthen Armor) + Earth Blast = DC 24
It's true! I saw it! The girl just slid along the floor and swung at 'im and he went out cold in one punch! An-an-and then it just thrusted its arm towards me and it hurt so bad that I thought I wuz dead and it had crushed my skull in.

This form uses the armor surrounding your arms as an effective weapon for melee combat. If your hands or feet are covered by earth you can bend, you may execute Unarmed Strikes at your normal rate that deal Earth Blast damage rather than Unarmed Strike damage so long as the Armor seed is maintained.
Push Strike (level 16)
Armor (Earthen Armor)+ Catapult = 39
Lee? He...didn't do so well in the attack. The girl in the stone hit 'im so hard that broke clear through the airship's window. We couldn't find 'im.

By forcefully thrusting the earth surrounding your body, you may enhance your strength beyond the possible. So long as you are maintaining the Armor seed, you may launch people as per the Knockback function of the Catapult seed upon connecting with an Unarmed Strike damage.

felinoel
2008-07-20, 02:38 PM
WTF, yesterday I kept getting emails from threads I was watching saying people posted in these threads but when I got here it said the forums were still down :smallconfused:

Anyways I noticed something that I like to call the higher form of airbendingin the King of Omashu episode, the episode where Roku talks to Aang of his past, and the pilot episode. Gravitybending, although a lot of people were hating me for bringing it up in other places

Gravity Bending (level 17)
Air Shield + Air Burst = Airbending DC: 35*

The battle was halted to a stop as everyone just started floating around. They were very confused.

The airbender creates an Air Shield encompassing an area where the airbender can control the gravity inside, be it increasing or decreasing. The size of the Air Shield will change its DC.

Should it be based on size or total weight?

Eighth_Seraph
2008-07-20, 08:43 PM
I'm confused. What exactly do you mean by "the airbender can control the gravity inside, be it increasing or decreasing."?

What are the effects of increased or decreased gravity?

felinoel
2008-07-20, 08:49 PM
I'm confused. What exactly do you mean by "the airbender can control the gravity inside, be it increasing or decreasing."?

What are the effects of increased or decreased gravity?

Increased gravity makes it harder to move and pushes you downward, while decreased would cause you to float... the First two times, in the pilot and in the King of Omashu episode, Aang causes a rock and a limb of meat to float, he even made the rock fly around in the air shield, and the third time with Roku he made himself rise and fall in the air

Eighth_Seraph
2008-07-20, 08:59 PM
Okay...But mechanically, what would that mean? Does higher gravity reduce base land speed, give a penalty to Jump and Tumble checks, cause some sort of damage, cause fatigue, grant bonuses to checks against being? Does lower gravity make people float, essentially making them helpless? Does it require concentration? Details, man!

felinoel
2008-07-20, 09:45 PM
Okay...But mechanically, what would that mean? Does higher gravity reduce base land speed, give a penalty to Jump and Tumble checks, cause some sort of damage, cause fatigue, grant bonuses to checks against being? Does lower gravity make people float, essentially making them helpless? Does it require concentration? Details, man!
Ummm well yes to all you said about higher gravity, but with a lot of high gravity it would even incapacitate someone I guess, and with even more it could crush a person, but that would probably take more of a DC for stuff like that. Lower could make you light on your step of make you float. It seems to require constant concentration, but not so much so that it makes you unable to do anything while doing it, or that may be because when they did it they didn't seem too focused on it

Eighth_Seraph
2008-07-21, 10:34 AM
*Twitches spasmodically*

What I mean to say, Felinoel, is that if you're going to make this form, you should define very clearly what it does. Rather than suggesting what reduced gravity could do, you need to state in the form's description what it does. You've chosen a very tricky concept to make into a form; but if you plan on doing it anyway, the effects must be told to us in terms of numbers and probability. Bonuses and penalties, damage, effects and movement. It'd be a pain to write up, but affecting gravity through updrafts and downdrafts seems like loads of fun.

felinoel
2008-07-21, 11:25 AM
*Twitches spasmodically*

What I mean to say, Felinoel, is that if you're going to make this form, you should define very clearly what it does. Rather than suggesting what reduced gravity could do, you need to state in the form's description what it does. You've chosen a very tricky concept to make into a form; but if you plan on doing it anyway, the effects must be told to us in terms of numbers and probability. Bonuses and penalties, damage, effects and movement. It'd be a pain to write up, but affecting gravity through updrafts and downdrafts seems like loads of fun.Plus it could be tons useful for preventing fighting and such, my main problem is I don't know whether to base it off of size, which I asked peoples' opinion on in my first post on this, after that I need to figure out how I should make size/weight ranks per DC alteration, and after that I will work on the DC alterations (if any) on various degrees of increasing or decreasing gravity

Superglucose
2008-07-21, 12:16 PM
I think there needs to be an addition to the rock blast ability of the earth benders. First, the Dai Li were able to propell very small bits of rock as bullets, and later Aang did so (yes, he was in the avatar state, I know, but the Dai Li did it too) which makes me think it's not a prestige ability. Something like the auto-fire version that automatic weapons have in d20 modern?

Mephibosheth
2008-07-21, 12:50 PM
I noticed something that I like to call the higher form of airbendingin the King of Omashu episode, the episode where Roku talks to Aang of his past, and the pilot episode. Gravitybending, although a lot of people were hating me for bringing it up in other places

Air Shield + Air Burst = Airbending DC: 35*

The battle was halted to a stop as everyone just started floating around. They were very confused.

The airbender creates an Air Shield encompassing an area where the airbender can control the gravity inside, be it increasing or decreasing. The size of the Air Shield will change its DC.

Should it be based on size or total weight?

I'm not totally sure what you're talking abou here. Can you give us a few screenshots (check AvatarSpirit (http://www.avatarspiritmedia.net/dvdscreens.php) for some good screenshots)?

felinoel
2008-07-21, 01:09 PM
I'm not totally sure what you're talking abou here. Can you give us a few screenshots (check AvatarSpirit (http://www.avatarspiritmedia.net/dvdscreens.php) for some good screenshots)?Well the screenshots don't do it justice since it is a constant flowing but ok

Pilot
http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/007/158.jpg
http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/007/159.jpg
http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/007/160.jpg
http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/007/161.jpg

King of Omashu
http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/105/262.jpg
http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/105/266.jpg

Roku
Does anyone remember what episode was the one where Roku talks to Aang about his friend Sozin?

Zak Crimsonleaf
2008-07-21, 06:55 PM
A more unpleasant variant on my last form. For the life of me I wish I could think of a way to do this kind of thing with Earth Wall, but the DCs are always prohibitively high.

Twin Stone Spear (Level 11)
Column (crush) + Column(crush) + Move A Rock(shaping): Earthbending DC 29

"You aren't going to enjoy this," the earthbender warned. With a quick series of motions that ended with him bringing his hands together, he spitted his opponent on the points of two jagged stone columns.

As Twin Stone Slam, except that if the target fails the reflex save, they take piercing damage instead of crushing damage, is impaled, not pinned, and must make a fortitude save in order to act the next round.

Eighth_Seraph
2008-07-21, 09:42 PM
...Ouch. That's borderline broken, but it's so within the rules that I can't say anything against it.

felinoel
2008-07-21, 09:56 PM
...Ouch. That's borderline broken, but it's so within the rules that I can't say anything against it.
Well the same thing could be done with water

Zak Crimsonleaf
2008-07-21, 11:41 PM
Well, if you think it shouldn't be allowed, don't, by all means. That's the nice thing about this system, the DM gets to decide if a certain bending form is just too good to use. Sometimes players are too smart for their own good. Anyway, got another one. I think it might have already been done, but here's my version.

Tiger Pit (Level 11)

Excavate(hole) + Move A Rock(shaping) = Base Earthbending DC 29

The onrushing Fire Nation soldiers should have struck fear into the hearts of the outnumbered Earth Kingdom troops. Instead, the soldier in the lead saw them...laughing. He had a second to wonder what was so funny before his feet broke through a thin layer of earth, and he saw sharp stone spikes rushing up at him.

The earthbender creates a spiked pit, or, depending on how far his check exceeds the DC, a trench. Very useful for stopping enemy troops.

rickvoid
2008-07-22, 01:05 AM
So Lavagun doesn't have an extra +4 to the DC because intensify is a template? Good to know. And that is hella broken. With the DC only 15, that means a firebender built like I described will have a fire blast of 3d6 on a roll of 4 or higher at level 1. Good lord. :smallbiggrin:

As for the name, it's better than my original choice, Great Balls of Fire. Anyway, with how this works mechanically, perhaps KAMEHAMEHA!!! would be a better name for this form. :smalltongue:

EDIT: About gravity bending, it always seemed to me like he was using the air-shield to use air current make the objects float. All he would need to do is lower the density of the air below the object to make it rise, and make it more dense below to lower it, since less dense (lighter) air rises, and denser air (heavier) lowers. I don't think it has anything to do with gravity, just manipulating air currents.
EDIT2: Add blue fire to my LavaGun form, and you may as well call it KAMEHAMEHA! It was going to happen eventually anyway. :smallbiggrin:

Zak Crimsonleaf
2008-07-22, 01:29 AM
Naming Things is hard, isn't it? Perhaps you should call the original Crimson River, and the blue fire one Wind of Cleansing Fire, or something like that. I couldn't think of a way to work blue into it. Maybe I'll come up with something else later.

Eighth_Seraph
2008-07-22, 09:44 PM
Zak, how deep is the hole made by your Tiger Pit?

Zak Crimsonleaf
2008-07-22, 10:45 PM
Thanks for catching that. 5 ft deep at the base DC, but it increases as per the rules in the Excavate seed. Oh, and I have another one. On this I'm not quite sure how to define the end result. Are they pinned, immobilized, flat-footed, or what? They're something, I know that.

Sand to Stone (Level 17)

Compact(soften earth) + Compact(a place to stand) = Base Earthbending DC 34

Jomei was worried. This one had been proof against his best attacks. However...that meant nothing if he couldn't get close. Slamming one foot down in a low kick, he arrested his opponent's charge in a wave of powdery sand. The next kick hardened the earth once again, leaving him sunk to his ankles in solid stone.

The earthbender's opponent, if they fail the reflex save, becomes unable to move from their position and loses their Dexterity bonus to AC. They can break free with a strength or escape artist check, or if they are an earthbender, they can escape automatically through use of Move A Rock.

Dagordae
2008-07-23, 12:46 PM
Some firebending ones I thought up.
Rising Phoenix(Level 17)

Burning Rush(Speed Burst) + Explosion + Ad Hoc(channeling explosion into propulsion) DC 44
Zaihi dashed through the streets, fleeing the mob of Earth Kingdom police. Ending up in a blind alley the mob closed in, intent on killing the former Fire Nation solider. Their looks of triumph turned to shock as their 'cornered' prey shot up into sky on a pilliar of flame and shot off towards the edge of the city.

The Firebender gains a flight speed (good manuverability) of 10+5 for every 5 points by which the bending check exceeds the DC. The duration acts exactly like the Burning Rush(Speed Burst) seed. The Firebender can bend while flying but takes a -10 to the bending check due to their legs being effectivly immobilized. This applies to attempts to renew, not maintain, this technique while in flight.
Note: This is a very loud technique.

Lights Out(Level 3)

Explosion + Play with Fire + Ad Hoc(use seed at distance 5) DC 24
The Firebender takes control of a source of open flame, like a torch. He/she causes the fire to detonate causing everyone within five feet to be affected as if they had been hit by an Explosion from the Firebender. The use of this seed extinguished the flame that was used.

Eighth_Seraph
2008-07-23, 01:04 PM
I really like Lights Out. It seems suitably pwntastic.

Rising Phoenix, on the other hand, is far too low a DC for a flight speed, since the only two firebenders we've ever seen doing it are Azula and Ozai, two of the most powerful firebenders alive, and they only did it during the enormous power boost granted by Sozin's comet.

Dagordae
2008-07-23, 03:12 PM
Changed it.
DC is now at 44, Seems too slow though. Though given who is seen useing it that may simply indicate how powerful they are.
I personally think that we only see Azula and Ozai use it because it's base seeds are both non-damaging, thus would not likely to be learned by the Firebenders in the army. If I remember corectly we have seen only 2 or three firebenders using the Burning Rush seed.

felinoel
2008-07-23, 08:51 PM
Changed it.
DC is now at 34, Seems too slow though. Though given who is seen useing it that may simply indicate how powerful they are.
I personally think that we only see Azula and Ozai use it because it's base seeds are both non-damaging, thus would not likely to be learned by the Firebenders in the army. If I remember corectly we have seen only 2 or three firebenders using the Burning Rush seed.

Too bad though, its a good seed =b

Zak Crimsonleaf
2008-07-23, 11:00 PM
Still going strong. This one was inspired by the assault on the Earth King's palace, though you probably already guessed that. Didn't somebody already do the fly-by-fire seed? I can't recall exactly. Still, I agree it should be something hard to do.

Reverse the Earth (Level 2)

Tilt(twist) + Move A Rock = Base Earthbending DC = 19

Jian, soldier in the palace guard, raced towards the intruders. They didn't look so dangerous, more like kids, but they'd gotten through the outer defenses easily enough. One of them, the girl in green, entered an earthbending form, and suddenly the great paving stone in front of him flipped up and over. Before he could react, Jian was pinned under the weight.

The earthbender's opponent must make a reflex save or be pinned under the falling slab. The slab also deals damage according to its height as falling damage. This form can only be used on worked stone.

felinoel
2008-07-24, 02:04 PM
Air Shield + Air Burst = Airbending DC: 35††

Two enemy forces raced toward each other to brawl, but when they reached each other and were just about to make their first strikes the battle was halted to a stop, as everyone just started floating around.

††The airbender creates an Air Shield encompassing an area where the airbender can control the gravity inside, be it increasing or decreasing by lowering or increasing the density of the air under it. The size of the Air Shield and the intensity of the gravity manipulated changes its DC.

{table=head]Size|Max Height|Max Width|DC Mod†
Fine|.5 ft.|.5 ft.|-15
Diminutive|1 ft.|1 ft.|-10
Tiny|2.5 ft.|2.5ft.|-5
Small|5 ft.|5 ft.|0
Medium|8 ft.|5 ft.|+5
Large|10 ft.|10 ft.|+10
Huge|15 ft.|20 ft.|+15
Gargantuan|30 ft.|40 ft.|+20
Colossal|40 ft.|80 ft.|+25[/table]

{table=head]Gravity|DC Mod†|Skill Set Change*|All Attack Rolls Penalty|2ndary Skill Set Change*|Item Weight|Weapon Range|Falling Damage

5th (+) Level of Increased Gravity***|+20 (+5 ea)|-10 (-2 ea)|-10 (-2 ea)|~|x10(+2 to multiplier)|x0.03125 (x.5 ea)|1d10 damage per 10 feet fallen, x4** (+1 to multiplier)

4th Level of Increased Gravity***|+15|-8|-8|~|x8|x0.0625|1d10 damage per 10 feet fallen, x4**

3rd Level of Increased Gravity|+10|-6|-6|~|x6|x0.125|1d10 damage per 10 feet fallen, x3**

2nd Level of Increased Gravity|+5|-4|-4|~|x4|x0.25|1d10 damage per 10 feet fallen, x2**

1st Level of Increased Gravity|0|-2|-2|~|x2|x0.5|1d10 damage per 10 feet fallen**

Normal|~|~|~|~|No Change|No Change|1d6 damage per 10 feet fallen**

1st Level of Decreased Gravity|0|-2|-2|+2|x0.5|x2|1d4 damage per 10 feet fallen**

2nd Level of Decreased Gravity|+5|-4|-4|+4|x0.25|x4|1d4 damage per 10 feet fallen, x0.5**

3rd Level of Decreased Gravity|+10|-6|-6|+6|x0.125|x6|1d4 damage per 10 feet fallen, x0.25**

4th Level of Decreased Gravity***|+15|-8|-8|+8|x0.0625|x8|1d4 damage per 10 feet fallen, x0.125**

5th (+) Level of Decreased Gravity***|+20 (+5 ea)|-10 (-2 ea)|-10 (-2 ea)|+10 (+2 ea)|x0.03125 (x.5 ea)|x10(+2 to multiplier)|1d4 damage per 10 feet fallen, x0.0625** (x.5 to multiplier)[/table]

{table=head]*Skill set for Increased gravity|*Skill set for Decreased gravity|*2ndary Skill Set for Decreased gravity
Balance, Climb, Jump, Ride, Swim, and Tumble|Balance, Ride, Swim, and Tumble|Climb and Jump[/table]

**up to a maximum of 20d(n) points of damage
***Only people with a high Strength can survive in a Heavy gravity like this, they must make a DC ?? Strength check or become immobalized. As for such Light gravity, only people who weigh ??? pounds or more, by a combination of body weight and carrying weight (if the items being carried are secured) can stay on their feet, if not they will hover and if a light person drops items that made him stay on solid ground he will fall upwards.
****Strength and Dexterity don't change as a result of altered gravity, but what you can do with them are changed (The rules don't go any further in detail about this?)
†Both DC Mods stack with the initial DC

Dagordae
2008-07-24, 03:13 PM
I would say the DC should be 20 per diviation from norm.

felinoel
2008-07-24, 03:32 PM
I would say the DC should be 20 per diviation from norm.

Well I think I should decide wheter to base it off of weight or size first... Any thoughts? I am leaning towards size...

EDIT:
It would make more sense for an Air Shield to affect an area rather then the weight of the area, right?

EDIT:
Don't eveyone speak at once =b
Yea I think size is more right, there will be a DC alteration on both the size of the air shield, and the amount gravity is affected

Dagordae
2008-07-26, 03:53 PM
Size would make more sense. Maybe 10 per five foot cube? Of course the Dm would them have to come up with effects if only part of the target got very heavy

felinoel
2008-07-26, 03:54 PM
Size would make more sense. Maybe 10 per five foot cube?

Errr, well I was going to go by the regular size categories of creatures; diminutive, small, huge, gargantuan, and all those

Dagordae
2008-07-26, 04:02 PM
Hmm, given that we have only really seen Aang use it an tiny objects, maybe that should be the base size, then +5 for every size catagory above that

felinoel
2008-07-26, 04:36 PM
Hmm, given that we have only really seen Aang use it an tiny objects, maybe that should be the base size, then +5 for every size catagory above that

Well instead of +5 how about +7.5 each time and rounded down?
EDIT: Actually, I just realized what I thought was the DC was not the DC, +5 is good enough

Are you sure those items were tiny and not diminutive?

{table=head]Size|Max Height|Max Width|DC Mod
Fine|.5 ft.|.5 ft.|-15
Diminutive|1 ft.|1 ft.|-7
Tiny|2.5 ft.|2.5ft.|0
Small|5 ft.|5 ft.|+7
Medium|8 ft.|5 ft.|+15
Large|10 ft.|10 ft.|+22
Huge|15 ft.|20 ft.|+30
Gargantuan|30 ft.|40 ft.|+37
Colossal|40 ft.|80 ft.|+45[/table]

AlterForm
2008-07-26, 04:39 PM
Ice Prison (Level 8)
Steady Stance (Offensive) + Armor (Ice) = DC 29
Sikkun knew he couldn't keep this up. That pesky firebender was just too mobile to deal with properly, so he'd have to do something to slow him down. As his opponent landed from his latest acrobatic flip, Sikkun drew in water around his foe's feet and froze him to the ground. But Sikkun knew that wasn't enough, so he kept the ice flowing up his foe's body, encapsulating him in a chilling prison reminiscent of a suit of armor. "Nowhere to run now, pal..."

The target must make a reflex save or be covered in a layer of ice. The target may spend a full-round action making a strength check to escape, or another creature may spend a full-round action to free the target by chipping away at the ice with a light weapon. Additional targets may be added to the form, but each additional target adds +4 to the DC of the form.

Stop 'em Cold (Level 8)
Water Shield (Plane) + Ice Shards (Spikes) + Freeze = DC 29
"Wait for it."

Sikkun saw him charging.

"Wait for it..."

He knew he couldn't get out of the way.

"Wait. For. It..."

So he'd have to get in the way, instead.

"Now!"

With a quick sweep of his arms, Sikkun summoned the moisture around him into a dangerous wall just in front of him. Dangerous to his opponent, that is. He smiled as a resounding thud emanated from the other side of his defensive barrier.

This form cannot be quickened. No effects are brought about when you first use this form. However, when an opponent comes within 5 feet of you, you summon a wall of ice between yourself and your opponent. This wall is covered in icicles, which damage your opponent as they approach you. If they used a move action to approach you, they take 1d4 damage (even split cold/piercing); if they charged you they take 1d6 damage (even split cold/piercing). The opponent may not attack you for the rest of their turn, but may otherwise continue their turn as normal. The wall dissipates at the end of their turn. Additional damage my be dealt by adding +4 to the DC per 1d4 (if they moved) or 1d6 (if they charged); additional walls may be prepared by adding +5 to the DC per extra wall.

Swept Away (Level 16)
Wave (Breaker) + Chill (2 squares) + Ice Shards = DC 38
He needed results, and he needed them now. Sikkun swept water from the nearby river into a massive wave, which he brought down on the Fire Nation warriors in front of him. As he drew the wave onto them, he chilled as much of its front as possible, freezing some it into dangerous slivers of ice. They barely knew what hit them.

You summon a wave to bull rush your opponents, as per the Wave seed. However, any opponent who is successfully bullrushed by the wave takes 1d4+1d6 cold damage for every five feet they are moved as a result of the bull rush. The wave can be increased to huge size by increasing the DC by 14; extra damage per five feet moved can be increased by adding 4 to the DC per extra 1d6 added.

felinoel
2008-07-26, 04:52 PM
Ice Prison (Level 8)
Steady Stance (Offensive) + Armor (Ice) = DC 29
Sikkun knew he couldn't keep this up. That pesky firebender was just too mobile to deal with properly, so he'd have to do something to slow him down. As his opponent landed from his latest acrobatic flip, Sikkun drew in water around his foe's feet and froze him to the ground. But Sikkun knew that wasn't enough, so he kept the ice flowing up his foe's body, encapsulating him in a chilling prison reminiscent of a suit of armor. "Nowhere to run now, pal..."

The target must make a reflex save or be covered in a layer of ice. The target may spend a full-round action making a strength check to escape, or another creature may spend a full-round action to free the target by chipping away at the ice with a light weapon. Additional targets may be added to the form, but each additional target adds +4 to the DC of the form.

Stop 'em Cold (Level 8)
Water Shield (Plane) + Ice Shards (Spikes) + Freeze = DC 29
"Wait for it."

Sikkun saw him charging.

"Wait for it..."

He knew he couldn't get out of the way.

"Wait. For. It..."

So he'd have to get in the way, instead.

"Now!"

With a quick sweep of his arms, Sikkun summoned the moisture around him into a dangerous wall just in front of him. Dangerous to his opponent, that is. He smiled as a resounding thud emanated from the other side of his defensive barrier.

This form cannot be quickened. No effects are brought about when you first use this form. However, when an opponent comes within 5 feet of you, you summon a wall of ice between yourself and your opponent. This wall is covered in icicles, which damage your opponent as they approach you. If they used a move action to approach you, they take 1d4 damage (even split cold/piercing); if they charged you they take 1d6 damage (even split cold/piercing). The opponent may not attack you for the rest of their turn, but may otherwise continue their turn as normal. The wall dissipates at the end of their turn. Additional damage my be dealt by adding +4 to the DC per 1d4 (if they moved) or 1d6 (if they charged); additional walls may be prepared by adding +5 to the DC per extra wall.

Swept Away (Level 16)
Wave (Breaker) + Chill (2 squares) + Ice Shards = DC 38
He needed results, and he needed them now. Sikkun swept water from the nearby river into a massive wave, which he brought down on the Fire Nation warriors in front of him. As he drew the wave onto them, he chilled as much of its front as possible, freezing some it into dangerous slivers of ice. They barely knew what hit them.

You summon a wave to bull rush your opponents, as per the Wave seed. However, any opponent who is successfully bullrushed by the wave takes 1d4+1d6 cold damage for every five feet they are moved as a result of the bull rush. The wave can be increased to huge size by increasing the DC by 14; extra damage per five feet moved can be increased by adding 4 to the DC per extra 1d6 added.

Nicely done, those sound excellent :smallamused:

Dagordae
2008-07-26, 05:02 PM
@ AlterForm: Those are nice defensive forms
@ Feli: You are right, it is diminutative

felinoel
2008-07-27, 02:44 AM
@ AlterForm: Those are nice defensive forms
@ Feli: You are right, it is diminutative
I see, I will be keeping this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4587144#post4587144) updated then

EDIT:

*****Strength and Dexterity don't change as a result of altered gravity, but what you can do with them are changed (The rules don't go any further in detail about this?)Ok, I asked around and a lot of people say that how they get changed is up to the DM's discretion, should it stay the same or should there be a set rule for exactly how they change?

Dagordae
2008-07-27, 01:38 PM
Given that the increased gravity would cause you to work harder to do the same thing, I think that you should take penalties on skill check and attack rolls but not have actual decreased stats. So what you have right now.

felinoel
2008-07-27, 01:42 PM
Given that the increased gravity would cause you to work harder to do the same thing, I think that you should take penalties on skill check and attack rolls but not have actual decreased stats. So what you have right now.

Ok, now to figure out the DC mods to changing the gravity inside an air shield, although I went and added together the DC mods with the initial DC for what I have, and I think I am making a small sized airshield the base 0 DC mod one

EDIT:
Ok, how is that? Finished, any opinions?

Dagordae
2008-07-27, 02:04 PM
DC should be higher. Right now you can completely imobilize or kill any target who is wearing moderatly heavy armor with a check on only 25. Maybe have it at +10 per gravity increase. Misread the seed.
Looks good

felinoel
2008-07-27, 03:12 PM
DC should be higher. Right now you can completely imobilize or kill any target who is wearing moderatly heavy armor with a check on only 25. Maybe have it at +10 per gravity increase. Misread the seed.
Looks good

Yea, it was getting a bit too difficult to use because I forgot the initial DC was 35, I thought it was 17 but thats the level, any thoughts on that level?

EDIT: About gravity bending, it always seemed to me like he was using the air-shield to use air current make the objects float. All he would need to do is lower the density of the air below the object to make it rise, and make it more dense below to lower it, since less dense (lighter) air rises, and denser air (heavier) lowers. I don't think it has anything to do with gravity, just manipulating air currents.

I used your description in my description =b

Dagordae
2008-07-27, 04:00 PM
Absolute lowest is 35, so the first time you can use it without overbending or feats is around level 18. So this is an epic form if you want do something even remotely useful

felinoel
2008-07-27, 07:06 PM
Absolute lowest is 35, so the first time you can use it without overbending or feats is around level 18. So this is an epic form if you want do something even remotely useful

Well you mean 40 because of the +5 minimum required for altering the gravity

EDIT:
If the DC is 35, just using it straightout shouldn't be more then 35... I will change that...

EDIT:
I also changed the names of the different gravity settings

Dagordae
2008-07-28, 03:13 PM
Some more firebending ones I thought up.
Also went back and fixed up my first submissions.
Hands Off(Level 20)

Fire Burst + Explosion + Ad Hoc(+10 Swift maintain -5 no AoE) DC 44
The Firebender covers his/her body with a thin layer of flame. Anyone who hits with a melee weapon with trigger an Explosion that functions like the Explosion seed. Anyone who strikes with an unarmed strike or attempts to grapple will also be hit with fire damage equal to the bender's fire blast. Maintaining this form takes a swift action. Maintaining the form for more than two turns inflicts a cumulative -2 penalty to the original Firebending check every turn.

Inferno(Level epic)

Fire Burst + Flamethrower - Charge Time(10) DC 54
The Bender focuses their energy for one round. For each extra round they focus they can maintain this form for an equal amount of time.
They then cause a massive explosion of fire that creates a dome of flame with a radius equal to the benders Fireblast Range. Everything in the dome take damage equal to the benders Fireblast damage. Everyone in the dome takes penalties equal to whatever the DM decides is fair for being engulfed in a massive firestorm, at the very least they are blinded and deprived of oxygen.
This form requires complete concentration to maintain. Maintaining the form for more than two turns + the # of turns spent focusing inflicts a cumulative -2 penalty to the original Firebending check every turn.
The bender is also blinded and cannot breath for the duration of the form. This form will incenerate almost everything withen the radious except for metal and stone, which will be heated to near melting. Anyone in the area immediatly after the form ends will take 2d6 damage from the near molten rock until it cools.

Lights Out Mk. II(Level 11)

Play with Fire + Fire Burst + Ad Hoc(use seed at distance 5) DC 34
The Firebender takes control of a source of open flame, like a torch. He/she causes the fire to expand rapidly, engulfing everyone within a 10 foot radius for 1 turn. Anyone withen the radius takes damage equal to the benders Fireblast damage. The open flame is extinguished
Had to finish the series, any further would be ineffective
Lights Out Mk. III(Level 20)

Play with Fire + Fire Burst +Explosion + Ad Hoc(use seed at distance 5) DC 44
The Firebender takes control of a source of open flame, like a torch. He/she causes the fire to Explode, engulfing everyone within a 10 foot radius for 1 turn. Anyone withen the radius takes damage equal to the benders Fireblast damage and suffers knockback as if hit by the Explosion seed. The open flame is extinguished

EDIT:
New one thanks to Feli's comment, didn't need a new post.
I think I went overboard.
Inferno Mk.II(Level epic)

Fire Burst + Flamethrower + Lightning(cold fire) - Charge Time(10) DC 99
The old bender sighed as the 2 armies charged. 'Their battle will tear the kingdom apart.' He thought, reflecting on the foolish battle for the crown. 'They will only surrender their station to a just king if they cannot fight it.' He sat focusing on his inner tranquility, building up more power than he had ever used before. The first spears reached him just as he unleashed it all.
Noone remember the name of the lone bender who single handedly destroyed two armies. None the less his legacy remains in the vast circular lake cut out of the plains, and in the stability of the Fire Nation.
The Bender focuses their energy for five rounds. For each extra round they focus they can maintain this form for an equal amount of time.
They then release the energy forming a orb of electricity cantered on the bender with a radius equal to the benders Fireblast Range. Everything in the dome take damage equal to the benders level in d6x1.5 electrical damage damage. Everyone in the dome takes penalties equal to whatever the DM decides is fair for being engulfed in a massive orb of pure electricity, at the very least they are blinded and paralyzed, assuming they have a nervous system.
This form requires complete concentration to maintain. Maintaining the form for more than two turns + the # of turns spent focusing inflicts a cumulative -2 penalty to the original Firebending check every turn. The bender is also blinded for the duration of the form.
This form will incinerate everything withen the radius, except the bender using the form. The bender is held up in the air by the form for the duration. Survivors will have all of their equiptment vaporized, unless it is immune to electrical damage.
This form literally melts the ground where the orb touches it, any survivors, including the bender will be imersed in the molten rock(or glass in deserts). The use of the various AoE defensive forms, assuming they can defend against the attack, create a small island of land equal to the area protected in the molten ground.

Given the levels (75 without epic feats) involved, the radius would be 415 feet at minimum...So yeah... If you think this is bad Mk. III adds Fire Kick(double radius) and Mk. IV adds Fire Blast(Now it is ranged, and can be fired so you are just outside the kill zone). Not going to post those two, too repetitive.

felinoel
2008-07-28, 11:48 PM
Nice work, and I like the upgraded versions of forms, I would enjoy seeing more forms get upgraded versions

Swot
2008-08-04, 10:45 AM
Ok I accidently posted this in the old forms compendium, the inactive one.
It's not quite finished yet but it is better than I had it before.

Sliver Mist
Mist+Ice Shards=Water bending DC Varies, Minimum 24

Fluff:

The Fire Nation was close to clearing out all resistance in this area, General Ho was especially anxious to get this over with. The high mountains and odd placed hot springs had given their adversaries (A few water benders who managed to flee here, thinking to hide in the mountains) a large advantage. Nevertheless, by sheer numbers they had managed to trap their base in a dead end canyon. Early in the morning they would strike and this whole headache could be over with. When the morning came there was a slight mist in the air, but nothing would stop them now. Near the end of the canyon there was a choke point and by now the mist was thickening, fearing nothing the soldiers advanced. By the time the first outcries came it was too late. Ho realized that in the mist, too small to see in the limited visibility, were hidden small ice spikes. Movement in any direction was impossible without getting cut, and soldiers were dying in all directions. Either struck by unseen assailants or fleeing and getting themselves impaled.

This will be a bit harder to repost but here it goes.

A list styled version of the affects

Size: 10 ft radius and +5 ft per +5 to DC.

Appearance: It looks just like normal mist since the slivers hide themselves in the mist. Also people in the mist don't notice the spikes untill hurt by them.

Placement and Number of Slivers: The basic sliver mist has 2 spikes in each 5ft by 5ft square. A bender can add +5 to the DC to mix in manipulate water seed right off the bat to rearrange the spikes at the same time the mist forms, otherwise they can rearrange them during a later turn. A bender can increase the number of spikes by either +5 DC for 2 more slivers per square. Or the bender can add slivers later by either a 15 DC for manipulate water and ice shards from a water source near the mist, or a 15 DC for a water blast and ice shards into the mist.

Damage: Now the thing here is that no mater how many slivers are in a square, they will only do 1d4 cold + 1d4 piercing for anyone in that square or passing through it. If you run into/out of the mist and do not know about the slivers you take double damage since you are going twice as fast.

Bending in the mist: Now this is where the number of the slivers actually make a difference. When you bend you have to be able to make the correct movements, which means that if you are being cut while moving you may not be able to bend as well. So anyone in the mist will have a -1 per sliver to their bending check. Or will have to make a concentration check equal to the number of slivers x2. Whichever one is LOWER.

Maintaining and moving the mist: It takes a move action to maintain the mist, and a DC 5xnumber of squares of mist manipulate water check to move the entire mist 5ft.

This is a more complex form so that it can be used in many different ways.
also for reference here is the old confusing mechanics

The water bender creates a mist/fog as with the mist seed, then the water bender can create very small ice spikes inside of the mist, this hinders movement and depending how many spikes there are any movement could cause small damage. Say 1hp per spike hit with the number being a dice roll from 1 to the number of spikes. Also all bending inside the mist will take a concentration check for being cut while performing the form. Each turn the water bender can cho0se to increase the spikes by 10 and add 2 to the DC for keeping the mist, or they could choose to have certain amounts of spikes focus on certain opponents/reposition the spikes with a DC 5 manipulation added to the current DC of the mist, They could choose to have the shards immobilize an 0pponent for +30 DC as in the ice shards seed, or they could choose to spend a full round action retaining the mist which keeps the DC unchanged, and finally choose to spend just a standard action to keep the mist which then causes the DC to increase by 10 each round as with any other action other than the full round to maintain.

Zak Crimsonleaf
2008-08-04, 11:40 PM
I've become convinced that an earthbender should be able to move at the speed that he can Move A Rock by using it on the ground under him, but I can't figure out what seed I should use for it. And no, this isn't like Earthen Stride, that's different. Any help would be appreciated. I'm willing to let somebody else take credit for the idea, just as long as it gets put into the compendium.

String
2008-08-05, 05:38 PM
Earthen Glide
Move a Rock (Movement)+Special= Minimum DC 9, Varies
Zak watched a his comrade began to collapse, felled by the large Earth warrior's maul. calling upon his most basic training, Zak moved the rck beneath his feet until he was standing beside the corpse of his best friend. A glare, and quick movement, and Gong was sent rushing back, finding himself very confused 30 ft away.

Move Self- By making a Earth bending check against DC 9 (for medium or smaller creatures. Large creatures have a base DC of 21,) you may move yourself 5 ft along stone or earthen footing as a move action. You may move an additional 5 ft, up to your speed, for every +2 you add to the DC (for most benders 30ft at DC 19) You ignore penalties for difficult terrain made of stone or earth (or metal, with the appropriate template)

Move Other- By making an Earthbending check against DC 9 you may move one medium sized creature 5 ft along a stone or earthen flooring as a standard action. You may move them an additional 5 ft, up to your base land speed, for each +2 you add to the DC (for most benders 30ft at DC19).The creature moved provokes any attacks of oppurtunities that this movement would normally grant other creatures, but does not provoke AoO from you. An unwilling creature gets a reflex save to negate this movement, and if they fail, they recieve another after the end of their movement to avoid falling prone in that square. You may not move a creature off of a stone or earthen surface (like off a cliff) using this form. You may not move a creature up a surface (i.e up a wall or steep hill) unless the creature could normally traverse it ( iu.e with a climb speed or similar modification)

Zak Crimsonleaf
2008-08-06, 11:40 PM
Thanks. I don't suppose you know a way to combine the defensive use of Steady Stance with something else? That's another thing I think should be more useful than it is.

Vadin
2008-08-07, 12:00 AM
Two old ones from the old thread. The first for epic level Earthbenders, the other a generic bending form usable by everyone.

Tiger Trap

Column/Immobilize/Exacavate(+4 for 5-ft more) = DC:59

"You think you can stop me, old man? I've brought in bigger game than you before," menaced the bounty hunter from West. "And with all the trouble you've given me, I'll be sure to take my time 'subduing' you..." The old man gave a laugh and began a series of quick, complex gestures. Before the Fire Nation warrior knew what was going on, he was 10 feet below the earth, encased in solid rock and trapped in a dark cave. The Earthbender gave a smug grin and walked towards town, content in the knowledge his hunter would spend the last of his days trapped in a straight jacket in his own personal cave.

The target is dropped 10 feet below the ground, and the newly created hole is covered by 5 feet of earth. The target must make a Reflex save or be immobilized. The target is considered helpless, but can still take actions that require only mental or verbal activity. Those who fail the Reflex save can make a Strength check equal to the Earthbending check to break free as a full-round action. They can also be freed by the use of any appropriate Earthbending form or by dealing 100 points of damage to the stone. Increasing the Earthbending DC by +5 for each size category above medium allows an Earthbender can capture larger creatures. A Tiger Trap can hold up to 1 Large creature, 2 Medium, or 4 Small creatures without needing to be increased in size. Adding an additional space in the trap increases the DC by 13. Every creature beyond the first increases the DC by an additional 10. Performing the Tiger Trap form in solid stone increases the bending DC by 20.

Return Attack
Blast+Deflect Attack=Bending DC 14

The old Earthbender had once again been cornered. This time not by some cocky mercenary, but by a young Fire Nation patriot. Poor kid, he thought. So deluded he'd actually try and capture me...and then not even want a reward! The old man had allowed himself to be 'caught' by the young boy some time ago. He knew he could break out, and this kid's old mother had given him food and a night's lodging. The least he could do was repay them with his hefty bounty. But that kid refusing to take the reward...that was where Master Tang drew the line. If he was going to suffer, the kid might as well have benefited! In a fit of rage, the ancient Earthbender threw up a cloud of dust and escaped. The police simply sighed and agreed there was no way they catch him. The boy, however, was more zealous. He ran outside and chased down the fleeing bender. The pursuit continued for three days, when Tang at last reached a massive cliffside overlooking the sea. He was trapped, and didn't want to hurt the boy. As the Fire Nation lad (who, to Tang's surprise, was a Fire Bender!) yelled various things about the Earth Kingdom King and his evils or somesuch, the Earthbending master thought back to the days of his youth. In a flash of inspiration, he remembered a form he'd developed in his earliest days of training, a form his own master had called 'highly unorthodox'. Trapped between a the sea and a Firebender, this seemed like the perfect time for something unorthodox. When the fire blasts flew towards his skull, he countered their force with his own ball of rock. Every ball of flame was destroyed with a rock that flew straight for the young Firebender. When the boy was simply too beat up to continue fighting, he fell to his knees, and asked that his death be quick and painless. Laughing, the old Earthbender simply patted him on the head, called him a "good kid", and went on his way, once again seeking out a town he might call home for awhile.

Tar Palantir
2008-08-07, 11:43 AM
Here's a Waterbending seed I came up with reading through the old thread and this one.

Defender
Golem+Pressure+Ice Shards(ranged)=Minimum DC 39

Terkal was the only waterbender in the village when it was attacked. The situation seemed hopeless. Wave after wave of soldiers marched forth from the iron-clad Fire Navy ships, though thankfully, few Firebenders. The elders and children were sheltered in a small hut on the far side of the village, and it was here where Terkal made his stand.

"Step aside, Water Tribe filth," spat the commander of the Fire Nation troops. "Surrender, and we may be merciful. You can't hold back us all."

"Can't I?" Terkal retorted, closing his eyes for a brief instant as he concentrated. He raised his hands, and before him wrought something terrible. A massive man of water formed from the snow. Its eyes glowed with a blue light, and its arms were wrapped in dozens of frozen shards.

The Fire Nation soldiers held their ground, until its first strike. With a backhanded blow, it drove the nearest warrior a solid twenty feet, driving him to the ground. The others broke and ran, but Terkal was not yet done. From the gloem's arms flew volleys of icy shards, sending flying those unlucky souls they struck. The Fire Nation would remember well their defeat. Terkal sighed as the ships began to pull away, allowing his construct to melt into the ground. They would remember it very well.

Creates a golem, as the seed, but also enables the waterbender to fling icy shards from its arms, as the ranged description of Ice Shards. Both its melee attacks and Ice Shards drive enemies back in a bull rush, using the bender's Wisdom score as the golem's Strength score, as per the Pressure seed.

And a lower level form this inspired as I typed it, no fluff yet. If you have any, feel free to write it up. If not, I'll probably have something soon.

Protective Bubble
Pressure+Hemisphere= Minimum DC 20

The Waterbender creates an impenetrable shield around a target of their choice within their bending range. This functions similarly to the Hemisphere seed, but creatures attempting to force their way through are bull rushed straight backwards, as the Pressure template. If the bull rush fails, the creature may enter normally, but if they leave and enter again, they are bull rushed again. Also, any attempt to force the shield against someone fails to push them back, and the bender must succeed on a DC 15 Concentration check or be unable to maintain the shield.

Zak Crimsonleaf
2008-08-07, 09:20 PM
I'm not sure if this one works, but the idea seemed good when I thought of it.

Stone Shackle Shove (Level 6)

Steady Stance(offensive) + Move A Rock = Base Earthbending DC 24

Jomei performed a double-punch maneuver that sent two small stone runners racing across the ground. When they hit his enemy's ankles, they not only engulfed them, rendering him unable to move, but with Jomei's next movement, they kept going, dragging him back...over the edge of the immense cliff behind him.

If the earthbender's opponent fails their reflex save, they may be moved as far as the earthbender may Move A Rock. After they have been moved, the opponent is freed from the effects of the form automatically.

felinoel
2008-08-13, 06:02 PM
Has the Dancing Dragon (http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Dancing_Dragon#History) move been made yet?

AstralFire
2008-08-13, 06:36 PM
Has the Dancing Dragon (http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Dancing_Dragon#History) move been made yet?

Dancing Dragon appears to be a form in the contemporary McDojo sense - a string of associated moves philosophically based that look pretty. I combed ideas for firebending seeds pretty hard, but I can't think of any possible mechanical benefit it represents. We never see it get used in combat or, really, for anything besides its plot link.

felinoel
2008-08-13, 11:01 PM
Dancing Dragon appears to be a form in the contemporary McDojo sense - a string of associated moves philosophically based that look pretty. I combed ideas for firebending seeds pretty hard, but I can't think of any possible mechanical benefit it represents. We never see it get used in combat or, really, for anything besides its plot link.
Oh? I thought I saw Zuko using it in the battle with Azula

AstralFire
2008-08-13, 11:07 PM
Oh? I thought I saw Zuko using it in the battle with Azula

It's generally been noticed that his fighting style became more fluid after that episode. You may well be right; I've only seen the fight twice and the first time I was wide-eyed and slack-jawed. But I still doubt that it's significantly different enough to warrant any kind of special note. D&D doesn't, by default, differentiate between a kick and a punch - that sort of thing is left to the players.

felinoel
2008-08-14, 04:33 PM
It's generally been noticed that his fighting style became more fluid after that episode. You may well be right; I've only seen the fight twice and the first time I was wide-eyed and slack-jawed. But I still doubt that it's significantly different enough to warrant any kind of special note. D&D doesn't, by default, differentiate between a kick and a punch - that sort of thing is left to the players.

lol I only saw the fight twice too and both times I was wide-eyed and slack-jawed =b

Knoxontholos
2008-08-24, 06:38 PM
For the Gravity Bending, I think maximum human weight should be 500 and the formula should be x1.66

felinoel
2008-08-25, 12:14 AM
For the Gravity Bending, I think maximum human weight should be 500 and the formula should be x1.66

Excellent idea, that should complete my form, I will post the updated version tomorrow or some time because it is too late in the night now to do it =b

felinoel
2008-08-26, 12:22 AM
Air Shield + Air Burst = Airbending DC: 35††

Two enemy forces raced toward each other to brawl, but when they reached each other and were just about to make their first strikes the battle was halted to a stop, as everyone just started floating around.

††The airbender creates an Air Shield encompassing an area where the airbender can control the gravity inside, be it increasing or decreasing by lowering or increasing the density of the air under it. The size of the Air Shield and the intensity of the gravity manipulated changes its DC.

{table=head]Size|Max Height|Max Width|DC Mod†
Fine|.5 ft.|.5 ft.|-15
Diminutive|1 ft.|1 ft.|-10
Tiny|2.5 ft.|2.5ft.|-5
Small|5 ft.|5 ft.|0
Medium|8 ft.|5 ft.|+5
Large|10 ft.|10 ft.|+10
Huge|15 ft.|20 ft.|+15
Gargantuan|30 ft.|40 ft.|+20
Colossal|40 ft.|80 ft.|+25[/table]

{table=head]Gravity|DC Mod†|Skill Set Change*|All Attack Rolls Penalty|2ndary Skill Set Change*|Item Weight|Weapon Range|Falling Damage

Plus 5 (& more) Level of Gravity***|+20 (+5 ea)|-10 (-2 ea)|-10 (-2 ea)|~|x10(+2 to multiplier)|x0.03125 (x.5 ea)|1d10 damage per 10 feet fallen, x4** (+1 to multiplier)

Plus 4 Level of Gravity***|+15|-8|-8|~|x8|x0.0625|1d10 damage per 10 feet fallen, x4**

Plus 3 Level of Gravity|+10|-6|-6|~|x6|x0.125|1d10 damage per 10 feet fallen, x3**

Plus 2 Level of Gravity|+5|-4|-4|~|x4|x0.25|1d10 damage per 10 feet fallen, x2**

Plus 1 Level of Gravity|0|-2|-2|~|x2|x0.5|1d10 damage per 10 feet fallen**

Normal|~|~|~|~|No Change|No Change|1d6 damage per 10 feet fallen**

Minus 1 Level of Gravity|0|-2|-2|+2|x0.5|x2|1d4 damage per 10 feet fallen**

Minus 2 Level of Gravity|+5|-4|-4|+4|x0.25|x4|1d4 damage per 10 feet fallen, x0.5**

Minus 3 Level of Gravity|+10|-6|-6|+6|x0.125|x6|1d4 damage per 10 feet fallen, x0.25**

Minus 4 Level of Gravity***|+15|-8|-8|+8|x0.0625|x8|1d4 damage per 10 feet fallen, x0.125**

Minus 5 (& more) Level of Gravity***|+20 (+5 ea)|-10 (-2 ea)|-10 (-2 ea)|+10 (+2 ea)|x0.03125 (x.5 ea)|x10(+2 to multiplier)|1d4 damage per 10 feet fallen, x0.0625** (x.5 to multiplier)[/table]

{table=head]*Skill set for Increased gravity|*Skill set for Decreased gravity|*2ndary Skill Set for Decreased gravity
Balance, Climb, Jump, Ride, Swim, and Tumble|Balance, Ride, Swim, and Tumble|Climb and Jump[/table]

In the spoiler is tables used for creatures or objects of different weights other then the normal human weight range of 76-425 pounds, counting the human and equiptment.
{table=head]Gravity|Weight|DC Mod†
+5 (& more)|0-75 lbs|-5
+4|0-75 lbs|-10
+3|0-75 lbs|-10
+2|0-75 lbs|-15
+1|0-75 lbs|-15
-1|0-75 lbs|-15
-2|0-75 lbs|-15
-3|0-75 lbs|-10
-4|0-75 lbs|-10
-5 (& more)|0-75 lbs|-5[/table]

+5 (& more)|426-708 lbs|+25 (+5 ea)
+4|426-708 lbs|+20
+3|426-708 lbs|+15
+2|426-708 lbs|+10
+1|426-708 lbs|+5
-1|426-708 lbs|+5
-2|426-708 lbs|+10
-3|426-708 lbs|+15
-4|426-708 lbs|+20
-5 (& more)|426-708 lbs|+25 (+5 ea)[/table]

+5 (& more)|709-1180 lbs|+35 (+5 ea)
+4|0-75 lbs|+30
+3|0-75 lbs|+25
+2|0-75 lbs|+20
+1|0-75 lbs|+15
-1|0-75 lbs|+15
-2|0-75 lbs|+20
-3|0-75 lbs|+25
-4|0-75 lbs|+30
-5 (& more)|0-75 lbs|+35 (+5 ea)[/table]

Creatures and objects weighing 76 to 425 pounds require no additional DC mod due to their weight.
For higher weighing creatures, take the max weight and multiply it by one and two thirds for the next weight category and +10 DC Mod more to the first level each time.

**up to a maximum of 20d(n) points of damage
***Only people with a high Strength can survive in a Heavy gravity like this, they must make a DC ?? Strength check or become immobalized. As for such Light gravity, only people who weigh ??? pounds or more, by a combination of body weight and carrying weight (if the items being carried are secured) can stay on their feet, if not they will hover and if a light person drops items that made him stay on solid ground he will fall upwards.
****Strength and Dexterity don't change as a result of altered gravity, but what you can do with them are changed (The rules don't go any further in detail about this?)
†Both DC Mods stack with the initial DC

13379\/\/4R
2008-09-22, 08:38 AM
Burning Finger (Level 3)
Fire Blast+Intensity+Unarmed Strike= DC 15

Komon Dasshu held his hand in front of him. "This hand of mine is BURNING RED! It's roar tells me to GRASP VICTORY!" he screams," NOW HERE I GO! BUUURRRNING FINGER! Komons hand starts to glow a dangerous red, as he rushes up to his opponent, a large red-headed warrior, and slams his glowing hand into the big guys face. The large warrior screams in pain as the hand burns his face. He drops to the ground and stops moving. Komon winces as the burning pain in his hand starts. "Crap, i overdid it this time." he says as he cradles his injured hand.

This form heats the firebenders hand to a dangerous level, causing very painful burns to the victim. This casues the firebenders blast damage plus unarmed strike damage + 1d6. You can increase the damage by another + 1d6 for every 5 points that your firebending check beats the DC, however doing so will cause the same amount of damage to you. For example, a third level firebender decides to use this form and gets a 20 on his firebending check, so he does 1d6+unarmed+2d6, because he overloads his hand with heat, it burns him, and he takes the last 2d6 damage just like his enemy. Fire resistance does not apply to the firebender using this form.

this is my tribute to G Gundam, one of my favorite animes. for more fun, add explosion for the shows "Heat End" and incandescense (dc 20 or so) to make it a touch attack.

Great system guys!:smallbiggrin:

Pirate_King
2008-09-29, 11:50 PM
Burning Finger (Level 3)
Fire Blast+Intensity+Unarmed Strike= DC 15

fluff

This form heats the firebenders hand to a dangerous level, causing very painful burns to the victim. This casues the firebenders blast damage plus unarmed strike damage + 1d6. You can increase the damage by another + 1d6 for every 5 points that your firebending check beats the DC, however doing so will cause the same amount of damage to you. For example, a third level firebender decides to use this form and gets a 20 on his firebending check, so he does 1d6+unarmed+2d6, because he overloads his hand with heat, it burns him, and he takes the last 2d6 damage just like his enemy. Fire resistance does not apply to the firebender using this form.

why does this form necessarily hurt the bender? We've seen application of intensity to fireblast before, with the extra damage capping out at double the firebender's fireblast die. why should it be any different when applied to the firebender's ability to use a blast with an unarmed strike?

Bajaaku
2008-10-08, 10:59 PM
Air Nova (Level 5)
Air Blast+Air Burst+Air Thrust= Base DC 25

The Airbender shapes a sphere of wind around his body and forcefully expands it out away from him, painfully knocking down any creature caught within the blast.

Essentially its an Air Thrust as an AOE centered on the bender, rather than a line attack. Hopefully no one has done this yet.

P.S. The Avatar d20 threads need to be updated more frequently. Please don't let it die! I just found it today and am hoping to help create a finished, playable version.