PDA

View Full Version : Email Problems

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-06-20, 09:05 PM
I know you guys love me, but I got a happy birthday email three times. I know it's my birthday, and I'm glad for all the care and attention, just notifying.

InaVegt
2008-06-20, 09:36 PM
According to a recent post of the Giant, he has to reboot his server regularly when the site is lagging.

It might be possible that those mails get send every reboot. (I'm not sure how vB handles this, as I lack access to the sourcecode)

Skippy
2008-06-21, 02:09 AM
I know it's a weird place to come and say it, but happy Birthday, Gwyn!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-21, 01:47 PM
Yes. Happy birthday. Also, place a temporary block on the e-mail from gitp?

SPoD
2008-06-21, 02:47 PM
According to a recent post of the Giant, he has to reboot his server regularly when the site is lagging.

It might be possible that those mails get send every reboot. (I'm not sure how vB handles this, as I lack access to the sourcecode)

I think he only does that when a new comic is up, which it hasn't been for a few days.

I got a message in the middle of the night that they were upgrading the forum software, come back later. Maybe it sent it once for each time they upgraded it?

Rawhide
2008-06-21, 06:55 PM
Updates are mostly complete, hopefully it was related and you shouldn't be getting any more of these. This is actually a good sign, as it means people registering probably received multiple activation emails and I'd rather that than receive too many than none at all.

If you would like to PM me the timestamps of when the emails were sent (please include your timezone, GMT+/-) I'll be able to investigate a little further.

Pocketa
2008-06-22, 11:40 PM
I too had a problem similar. I got subscription notifications x3 per update.