PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Melora's Tide and Healing Lore

Isomenes
2008-06-20, 09:20 PM
So, this has been running around my brain, but the upshot is, does a Cleric who uses Melora's Tide grant regeneration 2 + Wis mod.?

With Beacon of Hope activated, does that increase to 2 + 5 + Wis mod.?

Starbuck_II
2008-06-20, 09:31 PM
So, this has been running around my brain, but the upshot is, does a Cleric who uses Melora's Tide grant regeneration 2 + Wis mod.?

With Beacon of Hope activated, does that increase to 2 + 5 + Wis mod.?

Wait, does Melora's Tide have healing Keyword?
Healing Lore only gives it to Keyword Healing powers. From what I remember from seeing a Friends book it has Keyword. Thus it works with it.

Beacon of Hope has Keyword so Lore should work.

marjan
2008-06-20, 09:31 PM
Melora's Tide grants regeneration which is not the same as heling, so you wouldn't add wisdom modifier.

The effects of regeneration are not cumulative, so in your case target would get regeneration 5.

Isomenes
2008-06-20, 09:39 PM
Melora's Tide grants regeneration which is not the same as heling, so you wouldn't add wisdom modifier.

The PHB does seem to indicate that it's a form of healing (p 293). A special form, it says, but nevertheless healing.

The effects of regeneration are not cumulative, so in your case target would get regeneration 5.

Ah, right.

Isomenes
2008-06-20, 09:40 PM
Wait, does Melora's Tide have healing Keyword?
Healing Lore only gives it to Keyword Healing powers. From what I remember from seeing a Friends book it has Keyword. Thus it works with it.

Beacon of Hope has Keyword so Lore should work.

You are correct, Melora's Tide does have the Healing keyword.

marjan
2008-06-20, 09:55 PM
The PHB does seem to indicate that it's a form of healing (p 293). A special form, it says, but nevertheless healing.

I'm not exactly convinced that it works that way, but it is possibility. A question for CustServ probably. In any case it would not increase your regeneration by wis modifier, since Healing Lore states "when you grant...", so at best you would heal the target wis modifier HP when you use power on them.

Starbuck_II
2008-06-20, 11:06 PM
I'm not exactly convinced that it works that way, but it is possibility. A question for CustServ probably. In any case it would not increase your regeneration by wis modifier, since Healing Lore states "when you grant...", so at best you would heal the target wis modifier HP when you use power on them.

True, there are two supportable innterpretations.
a. You grant additional Regen (since Regen is a type of healing) from Healing Lore.
b. You grant +Wis healing in addition to the Regen.

Both have their advances.

Regen only heals you while up. A Dying ally would rather have B. interpretation be true.
Everyone else would perfer A.