PDA

View Full Version : Get well wishes for Ink

Pages : [1] 2

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-06-21, 11:39 PM
Hello,

I really hope he doesn't mind me making this thread, but I wanted to let everyone know that Ink, the host of SMBG Heal/Hurt, amazing avatarist, and all around nice guy, is in the hospital and needs prayers and positive thoughts and well-wishes.

St. Sinner posted this in the SMBG Heal/Hurt thread, but I figure that the more people who he has supporting him, the better so I'm posting it here.

Hello everyone, I have some upsetting news. I'm afraid Ink was in an accident earlier this week and isn't doing well right now. He and another pedestrian were run into by an SUV. He's in hospital, and currently hasn't woken up.

Please keep Ink in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you.

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-06-21, 11:42 PM
Oh, that's terrible! I hope he wasn't hurt too bad. :smallfrown: I'll send him my thoughts and prayers. I hope he has a full recovery.

Nychta
2008-06-21, 11:50 PM
Cheers for making the thread, Llama, when I was too busy to.

When you pray for Ink, an SUV dies.

Keep praying.

Klose_the_Sith
2008-06-21, 11:51 PM
:smallfrown:

Thats just awful, I remember my bad experiences with car crashes and bleh.

Get well soon Ink!

Em Blackleaf
2008-06-22, 12:03 AM
Heal: Ink
Hurt: SUVs

Dang, that's awful. :smallfrown: I hope he recovers soon.

FdL
2008-06-22, 12:05 AM
Oh my... D:

I hope he gets well soon. That's something awful that happened to him. I wish him a fast recovery and that he may come back to be with us soon v.v

Thanks for letting us know, Llama.

SMEE
2008-06-22, 12:06 AM
My best wishes for him. I hope he gets better soon. :smallfrown:

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-22, 12:15 AM
Oh dear! :smallfrown: Recover soon, Ink!

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-06-22, 12:19 AM
My prayers and best wishes go out to Ink, as well as any friends of family that may come here to check in with us overgrown kids. Lord knows that the Playground was there for me to pass on loads of positive energy when my brother was seriously ill. From my mouth to G-d's ears, that energy will leap from the internet and infuse Ink with the Power of the Playground.

Get well, and STAY well, Ink.

+Rob

Midnight Son
2008-06-22, 12:33 AM
*Dons his Hog Goblins jacket, hops on the beast and roars off to take vengeance on all SUVs*

Get better quick, Ink.

Skippy
2008-06-22, 12:35 AM
All my best wishes, Ink. Hope you can come and read this thread soon.

Gaelbert
2008-06-22, 01:41 AM
I almost got hit by an SUV today...
Please get better, Ink.:smallfrown:

Amiria
2008-06-22, 03:02 AM
Oh no. Those silly cars on steroids now prey on harmless pedestrians.

Get well again soon, Ink.

Serpentine
2008-06-22, 03:09 AM
Aw man. Ink does some of the best stuff. Not his hands! Please, not his precious hands! D=

Ethrael
2008-06-22, 04:45 AM
I've already wished him better but you can never get enough of those so:

Get Well Soon!! A special colorfulness from me. :smallcool:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-22, 04:50 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

We must edit our evil plot. So instead of killing all humans. We're destroying all the SUV's in the world! They're evil I say! EVIL!

Heal : Ink
Hurt : SUV's.

My best well wishes Ink, even though you can't read this now. Still I'm with you in my mind. I hope you get better soon. You're just to awesome not to.:smallannoyed:

Ethrael : I thought Hippie had those reserved? :smallconfused:

Serpentine
2008-06-22, 04:54 AM
Can we get a rolecall of Inkatars for to generate some positive mojo?

Castaras
2008-06-22, 04:55 AM
I've said it once, I'll say it again. Best wishes Ink!

Lord Herman
2008-06-22, 05:51 AM
Gorram SUVs. There should be a law against those things.

Get well soon, Ink!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-22, 05:55 AM
Hey, Herman, I know where they keep the imported SUV"s in Rotterdam, which are shipped all over Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany. Up for a little evil plot and a ride to Rotterdam? :smallamused:

SoD
2008-06-22, 07:14 AM
We launching an offensive? Count me in. They mess with Ink, they mess with The Playground.

Get well soon, bud.

dish
2008-06-22, 07:16 AM
That is terrible news. I really hope Ink recovers soon. I'm sending all the positive vibes I can. (Already was anti-SUV.)

Trazoi
2008-06-22, 07:30 AM
I too am wishing for a speedy recovery for Ink. Get better soon!

I'm da Rogue!
2008-06-22, 07:30 AM
This thread just hit a godmode.

Godpowers:

Get Well Soon! +5 to Ink
You're screwed.:smallmad: -5 to SUV

Mordokai
2008-06-22, 07:33 AM
I already said it, but might as well do it again. Get better, get back to us as soon as possible. The playgrounds looks after it's own and you will be missed during your absence.

Best wisheh for him from my side as well.

Emperor Ing
2008-06-22, 07:40 AM
HAHAHAHHAH. Your hate is misguided. It's not the SUVs thats the problem. It's the driver's fault! The SUV didn't drive itself into Ink! Seriously! :smallsigh:

And get well soon!

I'm da Rogue!
2008-06-22, 07:47 AM
Hey, you don't know what exactly happened. So until we find out, I'd rather accuse the car.

Oregano
2008-06-22, 07:47 AM
Hope your okay Ink, well you will be if you get a chance to read this. I don't even know you Ink but I just don't like the thought of potential friends being hurt.:smallfrown:

ZombieRockStar
2008-06-22, 08:19 AM

Please get better.

Emperor Ing
2008-06-22, 08:26 AM
Hey, you don't know what exactly happened. So until we find out, I'd rather accuse the car.
I dont know exactly, and I'll never know. HOWEVER, what I do know is what didn't happen. For example, when working in Forge, a player was trying to spawn an SUV and accidentally slammed it into Ink.
And I KNOW that the SUV turned itself on, and floored itself when moving by itself in Ink's general direction.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-06-22, 08:29 AM
I've said this before, I'll say it once more.
Get better soon.

*sends along small package of good luck and overcoming-all-odds vibes*

Kyrian
2008-06-22, 08:44 AM
Get well soon Ink. Sorry I won't be able to come with something amazingly creative like Rouge or Em, so I'll just go with

Heal: Ink
Hurt: SUV and likely the idiot driver.

Archonic Energy
2008-06-22, 08:48 AM
I've said this before in the SMBG H/H thread.

Get well soon Ink.

Heal Ink
Hurt ... something!

Copacetic
2008-06-22, 09:10 AM
Your hate is misguided. It's not the SUVs thats the problem. It's the driver's fault! The SUV didn't drive itself into Ink! Seriously!

For all the people hurting the driver, That's not exactly fair. You don't even know the circumstances of the crash. For all you know, it could have been Ink's fault there was a crash. So please, stop ragging on someone who you don't even know if it's his/her fault.

In other News, hope you get well soon, Ink.

St.Sinner
2008-06-22, 10:00 AM
Thank you for your thoughts and wishes, everyone. Ink is my cousin and my good friend. It's very kind of you to be concerned. I know Ink appreciates all of you, and I hope soon he will be able to tell you himself. Thank you from me in the meantime.

Gem Flower
2008-06-22, 10:03 AM
Our thoughts, prayers, and wishes go with Ink. Get better!

Serpentine
2008-06-22, 10:14 AM
HAHAHAHHAH. Your hate is misguided. It's not the SUVs thats the problem. It's the driver's fault! The SUV didn't drive itself into Ink! Seriously! :smallsigh:SUVs are oversized, ungainly, and when they run into people they drive them down underneath rather than up and over like normal cars, thereby doing much more damage than an ordinary car would have. You are right, though: It was the driver's fault, if only because unless they really needed it for something they shouldn't have had one in a city. On the other hand, no doubt they already feel really awful.

smellie_hippie
2008-06-22, 11:39 AM
Ethrael : I thought Hippie had those reserved? :smallconfused:

I don't mind sharing the technicolor effects for such an important cause. :smallfrown:

Technicolor Hippie Hug of Get-well-full-ness for Ink!

Thes Hunter
2008-06-22, 01:19 PM
I heard somewhere once, from the internet or some guy in the pub that prayers and well wishes actually speed recovery. Well here's hoping that is correct.

Ink fight and make it through. We can't lose you.:smalleek::smallfrown:

Trog
2008-06-22, 01:21 PM
Oh man. :smallfrown:

Ink, I hope, someday very soon you can see all of these messages wishing you well. You're the only person I have ever asked to make me an avatar and I meant what I said about you being very talented and awesome. Get better real real soon. *sends good thoughts at*

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-06-22, 01:33 PM
Thank you for your thoughts and wishes, everyone. Ink is my cousin and my good friend. It's very kind of you to be concerned. I know Ink appreciates all of you, and I hope soon he will be able to tell you himself. Thank you from me in the meantime.
Forgive me for pestering you, but could you give us details of his condition? His injuries, his status, what they're doing to help him. I find comfort in the details, and, though I don't actually know Ink personally, I know him through his work. That he hasn't regained consciousness worries me most. If you can, tell us what's going on.

Meanwhile, my prayers for recovery will go on.

+Rob

SurlySeraph
2008-06-22, 01:35 PM
Gahh! This is impossible! Ink can't get hurt, he's Ink!

I hope you feel better soon, Ink.

Haruki-kun
2008-06-22, 02:08 PM
I hope he's OK. :smallfrown: I'll be praying for him.

Dr. Bath
2008-06-22, 02:13 PM
Get well Ink. :smallfrown:

Get well dammit. :smallfrown:

Ego Slayer
2008-06-22, 02:28 PM
:smalleek: :smallfrown:
Oh dear. Get well, Ink! *sends positive energy to*

Mountain_Faerie
2008-06-22, 05:31 PM
Ink, I'm sending you a piece of my heart. I hope it helps you heal.

Mr. Moon
2008-06-22, 08:03 PM
Ink, you'd better pull through this, or I'll resurect you and kill you myself. :smallfrown: *prays*

Azazel
2008-06-22, 08:59 PM
I don't know this person but being hurt and in bad shape from the look of things, Ink has my sympathies. Let's hope for a quick recovery with no long term injuries...

wxdruid
2008-06-23, 01:10 AM
:smallfrown: Get well soon Ink, please.

The Extinguisher
2008-06-23, 01:11 AM
Poor Ink. Injuries are no fun at all. :smallfrown:

+1 get well soon hug

Zar Peter
2008-06-23, 02:48 AM
Get well soon, Ink!

banjo1985
2008-06-23, 04:19 AM
Ink :smallfrown:

I seriously hope you get better soon, you will be in my thoughts until you are well and back with us.

Just be strong and come back to us :smallfrown:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-23, 04:20 AM
Again, get well soon please!

Also, did anybody get the license plate? Thats all I need to know to destroy that persons life.

Because NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY hurts Ink and gets away with it!

Nychta
2008-06-23, 04:27 AM
Every so often, I forget that all of you people are... people.

I somehow think that you're all indestructible; that you'll all always be here and safe and happy.

*headdesk*

Zeb The Troll
2008-06-23, 04:29 AM
I want to repeat my wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

*joins MS in donning Hog Goblins gear and saddling up to ride in Ink's honor until he comes back to us*

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/gifs/hoggoblins-smb.gif

phoenixineohp
2008-06-23, 07:35 PM
You have to come back. No one here is allowed to get hurt. So, you see, you have to come back and do just fine. *nods and tries to ignore the seeping worry edging its way in*

Pwenet
2008-06-23, 08:04 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I hope for the best.

Mustiado
2008-06-23, 09:27 PM
I'd like to second Bor's request for any sort of information we can get... Uncertainty breeds dread. Any sort of info is better than none at all. :smallfrown:

Miraqariftsky
2008-06-25, 08:59 AM
Bleeding blazes! Whaddaheck?! Ink's one of the Forum's Old Guard, one of the first folk I met here!

Sand of ages, skies serene
Silvern stars and sunlit morns
Golden glades and grasses green
Mountain air, breath of olden gods
With blessed blood and singing soul
To thee I send with worried whispers
These spirits of salve, and prayers pure
A tenth I send, a spirit sepulchral,
Revenge for thee to make
This by hallowed Heaven
That whole and hale
Ye be once more
So mote it be
This we pray

Ceika
2008-06-25, 02:14 PM
*hopes Ink is doing ok*

Come on, Ink... you're too awesome not to be ok! Best wishes for a speedy full recovery!

Charity
2008-06-26, 02:41 AM
I hope you guys realise this is not intended to be disrespectful, I have only the deepest regard for Ink, he is a great guy and an awesome artist. I'm sure he will know what this is.

I give my soul unto Ink
a world without you would just stink
You're too much of a star
to be eclipsed by a car
So come back to us now from the brink.

zeratul
2008-06-26, 09:02 PM
Dude, this is not okay. Hope old blond winged chain man is gonna get better soon, hes a great guy.

Tormsskull
2008-06-26, 09:21 PM
Best wishes Ink, I'll hope for the best.

Raiser Blade
2008-06-26, 10:04 PM
Dear ink,

Get better please.

Sincerely Raiser

Lord Herman
2008-06-27, 07:51 PM
I'd like to second Bor's request for any sort of information we can get... Uncertainty breeds dread. Any sort of info is better than none at all. :smallfrown:

Thirded. I'd really like to know how Ink is doing.

*sends positive karma to Ink*

EmeraldRose
2008-06-27, 07:55 PM
Still no word? *sighs* Has anyone heard anything?

*sends hugs to Ink*

Hell Puppi
2008-06-27, 08:02 PM
Get better soon Ink, we need you back on the web comics board!

caw
2008-06-27, 09:12 PM
get well soon.

Lady Tialait
2008-06-27, 09:21 PM
Hey! Get well Ink...we don't need sick playgrounders...

Nychta
2008-06-28, 04:36 AM
I keep checking this thread.

...Oh, and this picture is intended for Ink, but it's in draft, and I have no time to finish it.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/Jayessx/deathangel-1.png

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-06-28, 10:56 PM
It's said that no news is good news, but I don't feel that way every time I see this thread. My morbid imagination travels down the worst roads when information is lacking. If anyone who knows of Ink's condition could let us know what's going on, it would be greatly appreciated.

My prayers remain with Ink, his friends, and his family. Be well...soon!

Mr. Moon
2008-06-28, 11:05 PM
I sent a PM to St. Sinner. Hopefully, she'll reply to it. Guys, I'm scared. :smallfrown:

Lady Tialait
2008-06-28, 11:27 PM
I'm worried too...hopefully we can get some information.

UserClone
2008-06-29, 01:07 AM
I pray that Ink will survive intact, and though I don't know him personally, I do know him through his work (see also sig). I share your worry, Playgrounders.
*hugs all*

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-29, 02:51 AM
*hopes for the best*
Well wishes Ink. For the third time.

I need info. Even Ceika posted.

Maybe TempestFennac can try and send him some of that Reiki?

*tries to send positive energy and virtual cookies to Ink*

St.Sinner
2008-06-30, 03:52 AM
Hello, I apologise for not posting earlier. Just that I've been depressed and have very little inclination for coming online these days, but I should have made the effort to keep his friends here informed, so I'm sorry.

Unfortunately there is no good news to be had. He remains in a coma, and still unresponsive. He's been moved to a different ward for longer term care. He's being given the best medical care available, I'm sure of that at least. And he has people going to see him every day, though I doubt he even knows we're there.

Thanks to those who sent me PMs asking, I'm sorry it took this long to reply.

banjo1985
2008-06-30, 04:14 AM

Damnit...not good. It's okay St. Sinner, I think everyone understands that you have more important things to think about than posting here. You take care of yourself too, and we'll await news whenever you feel able to give it.

Stay strong, and we'll put all of our wishes and prayers together and just hope he gets better.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-06-30, 05:13 AM
Hello, I apologise for not posting earlier. Just that I've been depressed and have very little inclination for coming online these days, but I should have made the effort to keep his friends here informed, so I'm sorry.

Unfortunately there is no good news to be had. He remains in a coma, and still unresponsive. He's been moved to a different ward for longer term care. He's being given the best medical care available, I'm sure of that at least. And he has people going to see him every day, though I doubt he even knows we're there.

Thanks to those who sent me PMs asking, I'm sorry it took this long to reply.
You need not apologize, St. Sinner. When a loved one is severely ill, it's not easy to find time to keep everyone posted of the details. I was only able to do it while my brother was sick because my time was filled with a lot of "Hurry up and wait."

However, I found it quite theraputic to post often during that crisis. It helped to drain some of the worry, and to see the ongoing well-wishes and good thoughts being sent my way was very helpful in keeping my spirits up.

There's an argument that those in a coma are aware of people being with them. Supposedly, they can hear what's said to them, although it may not be on a conscious level, and physical contact may be noticed deep within the mind.

Thus, I have suggestions. I'm not sure what you can actually do, but you can always try.

Go to our severely injured friend with the pages of this thread printed out. Read them aloud to him, sharing our love, concern, and prayers. Perhaps you can hold his hand while doing so. Find out if anyone knows what his favorite book is and read that to him. Bring a laptop with DVD capacity and play his favorite movies and/or music. As long as he breathes and has a chance for recovery, don't lose hope, and don't treat him like an inanimate object in the room. Give him your love, and share ours.

I am attempting to empathize as best as possible, though I wish there was more I could do. It was maddening while I was trapped here in Arizona, wondering whether or not my brother was about to live or die in Tennessee. I wish we - and I mean myself and many people of the Playground - could make a trip to Australia to be with you and Ink...to share our love and concern in person, and speak our prayers aloud at his side.

As his body sleeps and attempts to heal, let him know that Bor insists he be well.

Mr. Moon
2008-06-30, 03:51 PM
What Bor said. *looks worriedly in what I assume to be Australia's general direction, praying that everything will turn out okay. It has to be okay. This is the Playground. This is friggin' INK.*

Supagoof
2008-06-30, 04:22 PM
The worst things happen to the best people.

Ink, without you around posting, our playground is not as bright,
But with you on earth, hope remains.
I give you my hopes, may they help ease your recovery.
We'll chat you with soon friend. I know we will.

I know we will.

The Extinguisher
2008-06-30, 09:24 PM
If it wouldn't cost thousands in postage, I would love to send around a card and get everyone to sign it. These are the kind of things you don't want to happen to anyone, much less people you know.

Hell Puppi
2008-06-30, 09:26 PM
If it wouldn't cost thousands in postage, I would love to send around a card and get everyone to sign it. These are the kind of things you don't want to happen to anyone, much less people you know.

Well, we could all get postcards and mail them in with get well wishes. That way when he wakes up he'll not only have a lot of nice letters, but lots of cool pictures from around the world. :smallbiggrin:

Of course that would mean giving the address out to the internet....*shrugs*

The Extinguisher
2008-06-30, 09:35 PM
There's always PO boxes. Or something to that affect.

I actually like that idea.

St.Sinner
2008-07-01, 04:18 AM
That's very sweet of you, but if Ink woke up and found his address posted on an Internet forum probably I'd be the one in hospital next. He has this thread waiting for him when he gets up, I think he'll get the message.

Go to our severely injured friend with the pages of this thread printed out. Read them aloud to him, sharing our love, concern, and prayers. Perhaps you can hold his hand while doing so. Find out if anyone knows what his favorite book is and read that to him. Bring a laptop with DVD capacity and play his favorite movies and/or music. As long as he breathes and has a chance for recovery, don't lose hope, and don't treat him like an inanimate object in the room. Give him your love, and share ours.

I am attempting to empathize as best as possible, though I wish there was more I could do. It was maddening while I was trapped here in Arizona, wondering whether or not my brother was about to live or die in Tennessee. I wish we - and I mean myself and many people of the Playground - could make a trip to Australia to be with you and Ink...to share our love and concern in person, and speak our prayers aloud at his side.

As his body sleeps and attempts to heal, let him know that Bor insists he be well.

Thank you, Bor. People do read to him, mostly newspapers and political articles and current affairs, since he's a news junkie. I don't know what the healing properties of political columns could be, but who knows, possibly he'll get outraged or annoyed enough to wake up. I didn't have time to print out the thread, but I told him you guys are waiting for him and you'd collectively kick his ass if he doesn't get well soon. Maybe that'll fire a neuron somewhere.

Thanks everyone, I don't imagine many of you have even met the guy in person, but still you've been so thoughtful.

Lord Herman
2008-07-01, 04:37 AM

Maybe we could make some sort of forum postcard for Ink, to be posted in this thread. Like a 'Get Well Soon' card, with all our avatars on it. I'd be willing to make the card, if everyone who wants to be on it could PM me or something.

Serpentine
2008-07-01, 04:52 AM
I forgot Ink was an Aussie. Whereabouts is he? And I'd be willing to have a go at a Playground card. I repeat my request for a rollcall of Inkatars!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-01, 05:01 AM
Put mine on it.

Also, if people can feel stuff... Please feed him a cookie...

Zeb The Troll
2008-07-01, 05:03 AM
It's not an avatar, but Ink had a hand in our Hog Goblins patch/sigatar thing.

http://logo.cafepress.com/5/2723625.jpg

CurlyKitGirl
2008-07-01, 05:10 AM
Feel free to use one of my avvies as well. Shall I PM you or post it here?

Serpentine
2008-07-01, 05:13 AM
Be better to post it here, I think, and I'll put them all in one post to check I've got 'em all.
Don't hold me to doing this, by the way, at least not very very soon. Inspiration is wanting...

Dallas: But yours was done by Mr Saturn :smallconfused: Is he definitely gone now?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-01, 05:18 AM
Dallas: But yours was done by Mr Saturn :smallconfused: Is he definitely gone now?

I'm sure he wouldn't mind, as long as there were no profits and that it was done for a fellow playgrounder like Ink.

And I have it uploaded on my photobucket account. Just for the case of.
I don't know Serp, I tried contacting him some time ago but got no response, was planning on contacting him this weekend.

Lord Herman
2008-07-01, 05:18 AM
Wait, who's doing what now? Serpentine, will you be making a forum postcard? Or just a collection of Inkatars? Or a postcard with Inkatars?

Serpentine
2008-07-01, 05:22 AM
Something like that, Herman.

Castaras
2008-07-01, 05:25 AM
When I get home, I'll edit this post with the avvie I'd want you to use.

But yeah, I give permission for all my avatars to be used, if the few people who have Cassieatars wish it.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-07-01, 06:15 AM
Well, all mine are Bathatars, but I don't think he'll mind. I can't decide which one to use though. 1 - 53?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-01, 06:37 AM
42!:smallbiggrin:

CurlyKitGirl
2008-07-01, 06:44 AM
Strangely, this was the one I was considering as well:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/solarturtle/CurlyAngelGirl.png

Midnight Son
2008-07-01, 08:50 AM
You can include me, please use my sigatar.

Alarra
2008-07-01, 09:02 AM
You can include me, and Zeb....and Zeb would like this image included as well as his avatar.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp/hoggoblinssmall.gif

*sends warmest get well wishes to Ink* We love you! Get better!

banjo1985
2008-07-01, 09:10 AM
I don't have any inkatars, but it would be great to have an avatar included, just so he knows I'm thinking about him.

Kyrian
2008-07-01, 09:10 AM
Feel free to use Kyrian
*points to Avatar*
I'm sure Ceika won't mind.

Zar Peter
2008-07-01, 09:11 AM
If Lord Herman doesn't mind I would like to have mine on it, too.

With best wishes.

Lord Herman
2008-07-01, 09:13 AM
Alright, so I guess I'm making a post card with all avvies, and Serpentine makes one with all the Inkatars? Or should I leave the Inkatars out, so they're only on Serpentine's card?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-01, 09:35 AM
Alright, so I guess I'm making a post card with all avvies, and Serpentine makes one with all the Inkatars? Or should I leave the Inkatars out, so they're only on Serpentine's card?
Make a card with all the avatars.

Amiria
2008-07-01, 09:59 AM
This is my Inkatar that I want in any card.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/female12.gif

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-07-01, 11:24 AM
Lord Herman, if you use one of my avvies, you'll need to get your permissions to do so. :smallwink: Might I suggest my older avvie, which has fewer bodies lying around?

Serpentine
2008-07-01, 11:34 AM
Alright, so I guess I'm making a post card with all avvies, and Serpentine makes one with all the Inkatars? Or should I leave the Inkatars out, so they're only on Serpentine's card?I really don't mind, Herman. I'm actually at a bit of a loss as to what to do... So far I've got "Get better... Or else!" or "Get better, or so help us, we'll... uh... cry?" So yeah, go with whatever you want to do, I wasn't sure what I'd be able to come up with anyway :smalltongue:

Supagoof
2008-07-01, 11:40 AM
Please include mine as well.

This one, so he knows he's getting a Supahug from the Goof and gang.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/gifs/groupshot6.gif

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-07-01, 11:46 AM
Please include a Masked Llama, as well! I do not think that Ceika would protest this use of her art.

Charity
2008-07-01, 12:06 PM
I would love to be included in the card, and thank you for doing it.

Castaras
2008-07-01, 12:57 PM
Herman, I am surprised you mispelt my name. :smalltongue:

Edit: And ding, the avvie I want in.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/Castaras/CassieNewCatGirl2.png

Haruki-kun
2008-07-01, 04:36 PM
Here, put mine in as well, please. :smallsmile:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll190/Haruki-san/Haruki3.png

Mr. Moon
2008-07-01, 05:54 PM
I wanna be in it to, unless Bath objects. Just gimmie a sec, I'll edit my avatar into it in a second.

Edit: 'Kay, here ya go. http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r286/Moon_Called/avatars/Moonav.jpg

Raistlin1040
2008-07-01, 08:54 PM
Oh man, I just now saw this. :smallfrown:

Um, not really sure what to say. Ink is one of the first guys I met on the forums, and even though I'm sure I was a total dork, I remember he was nice when I asked him for a custom avatar, and if I remember correctly, made me my very first one. I always loved his style of avataring, and he's the one who inspired me to try a short stint in avataring myself. Needless to say, it didn't go very well, but I remember looking at an avatar he had done, and going 'I want to make something like THAT!'.

So, get well soon Ink. We miss you.

Edit: Oh, and I'd like my avatar to be on the card, unless Echowinds objects.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-07-02, 08:13 AM
Wow. That's a great first draft Herman.

Castaras
2008-07-02, 08:17 AM
Herman, that rocks.

Serpentine
2008-07-02, 08:20 AM
Looks great Herman! Would it be easier to read that bit if it were say dark blue or something? Look forward to seeing the whole thing ^_^ I guess just the avatars would be the best way of signing it...
I hope he's alright :smallfrown:

The Extinguisher
2008-07-02, 08:22 AM
Lord_Herman, do you think you can put mine in there as well.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e92/FlameMasterAxel/NewAxel.gif

And I could have sworn I had an Inkatar, I just don't remember what.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-02, 08:24 AM
Hope for the best.
Don't fear.

Awesome Herman..
Dark blue would fade in with my fur...
Bor looks...Different... with red eyes...
Though making it more readable would be great if you somehow manage that.
*gives Lord_Herman cookies for making that card and Ink for a swift recovery*

Victor Thorian
2008-07-02, 08:32 AM
Get well soon Ink. Even though I don't believe anything will get better in time and they can only get worse, I admire your work and personality from what I could see in this forum. So, being hit by a SUV doesn't matter at all in the big scheme of things and hopefully we will see you again.

The Emperor knows, The Emperor is watching.

Trazoi
2008-07-02, 08:36 AM
Herman, that postcard looks great. Please add my avatar to it as well. I'm still hoping for Ink to be back here soon.

caw
2008-07-02, 08:39 AM
please find a perch for me, thanks.

onasuma
2008-07-02, 10:18 AM
I feel bad for not posting this sooner. I kept meaning to then stuff got in the way. Anyhow, get well soon Ink.
St.sinner, if you want someone to talk to about this, i went through something pretty damn similar about 2 years ago now, so feel free to drop a pm. If not, thats fine as well.
Finally, please add me to the card. Use this avatar though:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o151/pal153/Lordknight.gif

Ego Slayer
2008-07-02, 10:39 AM
Braaaaaaaaainnsss... err, I mean... me too please!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f85/EgoSlayer/catgirl.gif

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-07-02, 10:57 AM
The card looks amazing!

Ink, you're still in my prayers. Get well soon, buddy.

Headless_Ninja
2008-07-02, 10:59 AM
Get well soon Ink! My thoughts are with you and I offer my condolences to Ink and anyone else affected by the accident.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-02, 12:22 PM
That second draft is even more awesome.
Please keep the 'get well soon' good 'n visible though please.

*sits comfortably on the second o*

Serpentine
2008-07-02, 12:39 PM
That's why I was thinking maybe a different colour... But meh. Meh, I say! It looks great, gets the message across.
Here's hoping he can come on here and look at it before it's even done!

Miraqariftsky
2008-07-02, 12:58 PM
Amongst this throng
Of friends so true
Let me stand with you

With faith and fate am I strong
Yet weak as one, as one that I am
Pride is but a sham
I stand with you, dear friends

For the Angel Chained,
For Ink Bloodstained
For justice and mercy's blessed ends...
May Ink recover swiftly and safely.

So mote it be.

UserClone
2008-07-02, 03:34 PM
Ink-
Hi, you don't know me. I know you only through your amazing art.
Every single signature of a person with an Inkatar has a thank you.
Every one of those thanks has an exclamation point.
And you can see the smiles behind them.
The playground needs your infectiously joyful art.
Get healthy and get back to work.
Come back home, soon, Ink.

Flutters-With-Pigeons

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-02, 03:36 PM
Ink-
Hi, you don't know me. I know you only through your amazing art.
Every single signature of a person with an Inkatar has a thank you.
Every one of those thanks has an exclamation point.
And you can see the smiles behind them.
The playground needs your infectiously joyful art.
Get healthy and get back to work.
Come back home, soon, Ink.

Flutters-With-Pigeons
And thats your art. A mere shade of your awesomnes.

UserClone
2008-07-02, 03:37 PM
Yes, I am sorry I haven't met you yet for real, and I can't wait to! See you soon!

Trog
2008-07-02, 04:39 PM
HOPE

'Tis better to hope, though clouds hang low,
And keep the eyes uplifted,
For the sweet blue sky will soon peep through,
When the ominous clouds are rifted.

There was never a night without a day
Or an evening without a morning,
And the darkest hour, as the proverb goes,
Is the hour before the dawning.

Indurain
2008-07-02, 05:23 PM
Due to my lack of FB lurking, I didn't see this thread until today. I did know about this due to SMBG H/H, but this thread has moved me.

Though I've never really gotten to know Ink on any personal level, he'll always be someone I don't forget when I look back on my playground years. Seems like you couldn't turn anywhere in SMBG without bumping into Ink, whether he was running a game, or just a participant, he always brought an enthusiasm that was infectious.

Ink, I can't even imagine what you're going through right now, but know that you're deeply loved by a bunch of crazy geeks spanning the globe. (And how many people can truly say that?)

Please get well Ink, this place wouldn't be the same without you.

Skippy
2008-07-03, 01:07 AM
I've posted here before, but I don't care.

Ink, please get better soon! You're an awesome guy, and the countdown just isn't the same without you!

Lord Herman
2008-07-03, 11:59 AM
Third draft, with more people: Linky! (http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/InkCard.png)
Note that it's just a draft; you can still PM me to have your avatar on the card. Other suggestions for the card are welcome too.

To be added:
Gem Flower
Shadow
SweetRein

I think it's best if people who want to be on the card PM me, so we don't clutter this thread.

Mr. Moon
2008-07-03, 05:58 PM
Heh. I love how it looks like Maggy and Onsuma are about to team up and beat Ink up if he doesn't get better soon. And look, Bor's about to kill Caw.

Bloody and bruised, the angel rested for a moment on a high rock, well out of the way, nursing a tear in his side that threatened to be deadly. Around him, the battle roared on. Warcrys and death screams ripped the air to shreds. Tierd, Ink cast an eye over the battle field, trying to tell which side was winning but failing. His vision was swimming, he couldn't tell friend from foe. He couldn't even remember why he was fighting. Only that it was his duty to fight. Wearily, he hefted his sword, mighty wings beating the air to lift him up and gently waft down to the battle ground. He looked around for an enemy, saw one, and dashed forward, when suddenly - a shout, from behind! Ink whirled to face a goliath of a beast, all tusks and muscle and foaming mouth. It yoawled as it charged forth, knocking him down and out cold.

It was dark. Dark, and cold. He floated in the void, unable to move or look around or open his mouth to call for help. Suddenly, a voice. And another. And then another. Snippets of sentances reached his ears.
"...Ink..."
"...here...
"Can you...?"
"Don't give..."
"...etter...
"Get we..."
With every voice, Ink felt something wash over him. A warmth, centered in his chest, slowely pulsing outwards, fighting away the cold, filling the darkness. He felt another warm sensation at his wrist, another at his shoulder, and then a feeling as if a pair of arms were wrapping him in a hug. Ink smilled at the sensation, feeling the warmth slowely, ever so slowely, fill his body. It was helping him. With it, he could win this battle.

((I dunno. For some reason I feel like that was a bit insesitive? What do you guys think? If anything, it's a huge cliche...))

The Valiant Turtle
2008-07-03, 06:49 PM
I never know what to say for threads like this... Get well soon Ink, the playground is with you!

Shadow
2008-07-04, 01:37 AM
I've been followig this for a while now.

Here's to hoping he's back soon. Does anyone have any news?

:bigconcerned:

Haruki-kun
2008-07-04, 01:50 AM
@Moon_Called: I thought it was pretty nice.

@Herman: I can't see it. :smallfrown: I saw the previous one, but I can't see this one.

Serpentine
2008-07-04, 02:08 AM
Moon: That made my eyes prickle :smallfrown: Not that that's saying all that much, cuz I'm still a bit fragile anyway, but I think it's pretty sweet and/or cool. It'd be awesome if someone did that for me if I were in a similar situation :smallsmile:

Pocketa
2008-07-04, 02:11 AM
Ink, I hope you know that so many people are worried for you and wishing you well. I don't know you well, nor do I know the specifics of what happened and your condition, but I know that all these people are worried about you and hoping and praying that you get better ASAP. That shows that you're a really great person, but even if you weren't, a person is a person, and I wish you all the best.

Lord Herman
2008-07-04, 04:01 AM
I can't see it. :smallfrown: I saw the previous one, but I can't see this one.

That's strange. The link works for me. Have you tried clearing your cache?

St.Sinner
2008-07-05, 01:51 AM
The card looks nice, Lord Herman. I will print it out and leave it in Ink's room. As for news, there hasn't been much change. Some of his physical injuries are better, but his condition is still pretty much the same.

Lord Herman
2008-07-05, 04:42 AM
St.Sinner, is there still time for me to add the last few people on the list to the card, or have you already printed it?

St.Sinner
2008-07-05, 06:03 AM
No I haven't printed it yet. If you add more people after I have, I can always print again so it's alright.

Serpentine
2008-07-05, 06:53 AM
Heh, you should print all of them off, and he can see how it grows. It'll be like a flip-book of his popularity! :smallbiggrin:

Amiria
2008-07-05, 07:00 AM
Heh, you should print all of them off, and he can see how it grows. It'll be like a flip-book of his popularity! :smallbiggrin:

That could get a bit expensive in terms of ink ...

Sorry, couldn't resist. :smallredface: Well, do it if you want. Only the best for Ink.

Lord Herman
2008-07-05, 07:39 AM
I've added the last few people to the card, but I'm having some trouble uploading it. My intarweb hosting thingie isn't cooperating. I'll try again later today; that version of the card will be final.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-05, 08:14 AM
That could get a bit expensive in terms of ink ...

Sorry, couldn't resist. :smallredface: Well, do it if you want. Only the best for Ink.

Pun damage.:smalleek:

Lord Herman
2008-07-05, 09:23 AM
Alright, my hosting thingie seems to be down, so I've put the final card on photobucket. Linky! (http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk431/LordHerman/InkCard.png)

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-05, 09:26 AM
One thing I noticed, a big noticed. Is that the 'well wishes from the playground 'text was made way smaller....

Lord Herman
2008-07-05, 10:13 AM
I haven't changed the size of the text. Maybe it looks smaller because there are more avatars around it?

Lady Tialait
2008-07-05, 02:56 PM
I would like to be added to the Card, I have always like ink...not really talked to ink..but like ink...

Get well.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5346/tiams0.gif
Use this one on the Card.

Lord Herman
2008-07-05, 03:16 PM
Updated! (http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk431/LordHerman/InkCard-1.png)

And thanks to St.Sinner for printing this for Ink. :smallsmile:

Midnight Son
2008-07-05, 03:22 PM
That card is full of awesome, Lord_Herman. Thank you for taking the time to put it together. Hopefully it being one of the first things Ink sees when he comes out of the coma will fill him with all sorts of warm fuzzies and miraculously heal him of any residual issues.

Mr. Moon
2008-07-05, 03:35 PM
That looks great, Herman. ^^

EmeraldRose
2008-07-05, 05:11 PM
St Sinner, do you know what Ink's prognosis is? What have the doctors said as far as when he may come out of the coma? How bad were his other injuries?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-05, 05:37 PM
I'm wondering that as well....

*should really go to bed*

Geode
2008-07-06, 12:47 AM
Good Luck Ink!
Get better soon!

(That's a great card, Lord Herman. I would join in if I had been using a custom avatar.)

zeratul
2008-07-06, 02:56 AM
Would it be to late for me to join the card herman?

Lord Herman
2008-07-06, 04:46 AM
Good Luck Ink!
Get better soon!

(That's a great card, Lord Herman. I would join in if I had been using a custom avatar.)

Then haste ye to arts and crafts! Everyone should have a custom avatar.

Would it be to late for me to join the card herman?

Don't know if the card has been printed yet, but here's an update with you on it: Linky! (http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/InkCard.png)

sktarq
2008-07-07, 06:43 PM
Updatery? Do we have updatery? Hope so...hope hope Ink is fine....yes Ink in coma is bad....Hope Ink better...Hope for updatery....Nice card....

(Okay maybe I had too much caffine today)

and I LIKE not using a custom avatar, thankyou.

_Zoot_
2008-07-08, 08:55 AM
Get well soon Ink :smallfrown:

St.Sinner
2008-07-08, 11:17 AM
St Sinner, do you know what Ink's prognosis is? What have the doctors said as far as when he may come out of the coma? How bad were his other injuries?

What they told his family was it could be weeks, it could also be months. So no one has been able to say when. He has two broken ribs and a broken collarbone, initially one of the bone fragments was in danger of puncturing a lung. He also has fractures on the jaw and hip. I think the rest are less serious injuries. He looked pretty banged up and unrecognisable three weeks ago, but physically at least, he does seem to be looking better.

Thank you for making the card, Lord Herman. I will bring it to him later this week.

Serpentine
2008-07-08, 11:31 AM
Goff's in Sydney sometime soon. I don't think he knew him, really, 'specially as he didn't spend much time in FB or Arts&Crafts, but if it turns out he did, would it be worth my suggesting that he go visit, or is it strictly friends-and-family?

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-07-08, 11:19 PM
What they told his family was it could be weeks, it could also be months. So no one has been able to say when. He has two broken ribs and a broken collarbone, initially one of the bone fragments was in danger of puncturing a lung. He also has fractures on the jaw and hip. I think the rest are less serious injuries. He looked pretty banged up and unrecognisable three weeks ago, but physically at least, he does seem to be looking better.

Thank you for making the card, Lord Herman. I will bring it to him later this week.

Well, at least you got an "when" instead of an "if".

Thank you for keeping us all updated on his condition. We're still thinking of and praying for him.

St.Sinner
2008-07-10, 10:13 AM
Goff's in Sydney sometime soon. I don't think he knew him, really, 'specially as he didn't spend much time in FB or Arts&Crafts, but if it turns out he did, would it be worth my suggesting that he go visit, or is it strictly friends-and-family?

Sure, any friends of his are welcome to come by for a visit.

Thanks ^, and all you others as well.

Ethrael
2008-07-10, 12:03 PM
Managed to check up on this thread. The card looks really great.

@Moon: I think that was actually really sweet, I hope our efforts do have that effect.

Get well wishes from the clouds and Greece, Ink!

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-07-10, 12:31 PM
With my prayers being slowly answered about Ink's health status, another question comes to mind: What happened to the SOB who mowed down one of our friends?

Come, my friends! Rally to me, as we hunt the villain that hath brought grievous harm to our brother in arts! (Get it? "Arts" instead of "arms.") Though he abides in a dark realm as his body regenrates, we must be the ones who bring the mighty hand of justice down upon the one who struck down our beloved Ink! Let the Wrath of the Playground rise up above the petty laws of men and seek out the ruffian and his terrible weapon - this SUV - and smite them BOTH!

Oh... :smallredface:

*ahem* Uhhh...What's the deal on that guy? Is the driver to blame? Was it mechanical malfunction? Details if you can, St. Sinner. Thanks.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-10, 01:26 PM
Lynch him! Lynch him! Lynch him! *points at SUV driver* Sorry, just a bit of wish for vengeance and anger showing up, still....
Meanwhile I still need some nytroglycerine and 20 euro's for transport to Rotterdam....

I know where the import of SUV"s is, which head to all over The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and Northern France....

onasuma
2008-07-10, 02:07 PM
Lynch him! Lynch him! Lynch him! *points at SUV driver*
Meanwhile I still need some nytroglycerine and 20 euro's for transport to Rotterdam....

Not that i know the situation, but how do you reacon he/she is feeling? Yes it might be his fault, but it might not. Until we know the situation, we simply burn the suv.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-07-10, 02:51 PM
With my prayers being slowly answered about Ink's health status, another question comes to mind: What happened to the SOB who mowed down one of our friends?

Come, my friends! Rally to me, as we hunt the villain that hath brought grievous harm to our brother in arts! (Get it? "Arts" instead of "arms.") Though he abides in a dark realm as his body regenrates, we must be the ones who bring the mighty hand of justice down upon the one who struck down our beloved Ink! Let the Wrath of the Playground rise up above the petty laws of men and seek out the ruffian and his terrible weapon - this SUV - and smite them BOTH!

Oh... :smallredface:

*ahem* Uhhh...What's the deal on that guy? Is the driver to blame? Was it mechanical malfunction? Details if you can, St. Sinner. Thanks.
Yes, I quoted myself. :smalltongue:

If you'll notice toward the end, I asked about mechanical malfunction. We don't know if the driver was drunk...if the brakes failed while he was slamming away on them...if he was driving recklessly as the wheelman of a getaway vehicle after a bank heist...if he hit a patch of oil on the ground that caused him to lose control...We don't know.

We are the ones who have survived Ink's accident without a scratch. It's natural that we want someone or something to blame. Though I became overzealous - I was mostly joking - it would be wiser for us to keep cool heads until we have an idea of what exactly happened.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-10, 04:10 PM
Yes, it would be wise to send one of our agencies to gather evidence and clues first.:smalltongue:

St.Sinner
2008-07-11, 05:33 AM
Well the cops have said there was no alcohol involved. It was a young, inexperienced driver, driving in the glare of sunlight, and he lost control of the vehicle. He said he went to slam on the brakes and mistakenly hit the accelerator briefly before finding the right pedal. There doesn't seem to have been anything wrong with the vehicle itself or the road condition. The police are calling it an accident, which is probably for the best. For my part at least I don't particularly want to blame the guy or see him charged, although he's responsible for what happened, and from what I understand he does feel responsible.

While I was typing I got news that the other person who was hit has been discharged from the hospital and will recover fully. A little piece of good news in all this.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-11, 05:35 AM
Ow ok. Good for the other person then....

Serpentine
2008-07-11, 05:38 AM
I feel sorry for the driver (another mark against SUVs: should not be driven by inexperienced people :smallannoyed:). Glad to hear about the other person.
I told Goff about it, and he had a nice little swear, but he only knows Ink through his art and probably won't be going to Sydney anyway. I would, if I could :smallfrown:

Lord Herman
2008-07-11, 05:42 AM
Well, sounds like it was just an accident, then. Could have happened to anyone.

We can still blame him for driving an SUV, though.

Zeb The Troll
2008-07-11, 05:43 AM
Yikes. I kind of feel sorry for the kid who was driving, then, too. Knowing there was no blatant stupidity involved, only a mistake being made, I don't think I'd harbor any ill will towards the kid either as long as he's genuinely remorseful about it. He's probably beating himself up pretty well all on his own. I know I'd feel terrible if it were me.

It's good to hear that the other guy is recovering well, though.

*ties a ribbon to his handlebars until Ink pulls through too*

EmeraldRose
2008-07-19, 09:35 PM
St Sinner? Anything new since the boards have been down?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-20, 05:04 AM
St Sinner? Anything new since the boards have been down?
Seconded. Even though for some people, the boards are still down, and since I haven´t seen St Sinner, that may be for him as well....

Nychta
2008-07-20, 05:28 AM
Sorry I missed out on the great card idea. St. Sinner, I hope you're coping okay, as you are probably closest to Ink IRL. As far as I know, anyway. My thoughts are also with the SUV driver who will have this accident hanging over his head for the rest of his life.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-07-20, 04:33 PM
Well the cops have said there was no alcohol involved. It was a young, inexperienced driver, driving in the glare of sunlight, and he lost control of the vehicle. He said he went to slam on the brakes and mistakenly hit the accelerator briefly before finding the right pedal. There doesn't seem to have been anything wrong with the vehicle itself or the road condition. The police are calling it an accident, which is probably for the best. For my part at least I don't particularly want to blame the guy or see him charged, although he's responsible for what happened, and from what I understand he does feel responsible.

While I was typing I got news that the other person who was hit has been discharged from the hospital and will recover fully. A little piece of good news in all this.
My ongoing concern for humans in general feels good that one victim has gone home with an expectation of full recovery.

Then there's OUR victim, whom I still pray awakens to find his online friends, as well as offline loved ones, care so deeply for him.

Finally, there's the last victim: the driver. It sounds like a genuine accident, and his mind must be tortured by the fact that he hurt someone so badly. I'll pray for his recovery, as well.

Meanwhile, from the above report, we finally have something to blame for the accident, though it seems no one has caught the culprit. THE SUN! Yes, my friends! Our battle has now turned into a cosmic struggle to extinguish the sun! Had it not been for the glare, all would have been well. While we petition NASA to get to work on this problem, I recommend we all start throwing cups if water at the sun in an effort to slow its vile progress on human destruction! :smallbiggrin:

Oh...While we work on that, an update in Ink's condition would be appreciated, St. Sinner.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-20, 04:46 PM
Or we can try and copy what Sam did.
Ok you have to either be a real geek/nurd/sg-1 fan to get this one.

St.Sinner
2008-07-23, 12:22 AM
Greetings! I may have some positive news for you guys in a short while. Give me a few minutes.

Ink
2008-07-23, 02:33 AM
Hi.
I aten't dead

TFT
2008-07-23, 02:40 AM
*Begins a standing ovation*
(Yes, I've been following(AKA lurking to check up on Ink)this for quite a while)

Serpentine
2008-07-23, 02:41 AM
Yay! I don't have to go visit you! :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

Jibar
2008-07-23, 02:45 AM
Wow.
Now that's a comeback.
Glad you aten't dead man.

Mordokai
2008-07-23, 02:48 AM
Ink, my man! Glad to see you back!

Now, if you'll just step over here, there's bussines waiting for you. Your expertise has been missed adn I'm sure you'll found out there's quite a demand for your services this days.

Ok, that was lame. But good to have back all the same.

Charity
2008-07-23, 02:55 AM
Ink you star!
You're back... no more bonnet surfing please! I know how you Aussies like your extreme sports but you did give everyone a bit of a fright.

Glad to see you back matey.

Zeb The Troll
2008-07-23, 02:57 AM
Ink! Good to know you're still with us. Now go get some rest!

:smallcool:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-23, 03:08 AM
W00t! Teh Leadzor Ink is back!

Heheh.

Welcome back Ink, you´ve been sorely missed.

And you´re getting restrictions from doing any of those crazy sports again.

banjo1985
2008-07-23, 03:15 AM
Ink! :biggrin:

You sir, would appear to be invincible, which is great news for us and for you!

Excellent news, hope you mend up completely soon.

You have no idea how good it is to see you here!

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-07-23, 04:28 AM
I have a sense that was a brief cameo to simply let us know he "aten't" dead. We need to let our friend get his rest to fully recover.

Menawhile, how's out progress coming on extinguishing the sun? :smallamused:

onasuma
2008-07-23, 04:29 AM
Horray! You dont know how glad I am that your back. And as an added bonus, you managed to avoid the massive downtime we had, and woke up to a brand new server.
Really, really great to have you back.

Edit @ /\: Well, i have been throwing water at it, it just seems a little bit to far away to reach. So, now im making tall shoes.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-23, 04:32 AM
Menawhile, how's out progress coming on extinguishing the sun? :smallamused:
Well, I would do it Sam style.(All remember how Sg-1 did it?) But that would mean blowing ourselves up too, practically.

And it would get cold....Since we don´t have a spare sun...

Lord Herman
2008-07-23, 04:36 AM
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Ink is alive! :smallbiggrin:

Archonic Energy
2008-07-23, 04:41 AM
Hi.
I aten't dead

*HUGZ*

yay! :smallsmile:

SMEE
2008-07-23, 05:04 AM
Welcome bac Ink! Good to see you. :smallsmile:

Indurain
2008-07-23, 05:51 AM
Welcome back Ink. I'm sure you'll be taking your time to recover, but we'll be here when you're ready!!

Missed you buddy!

wxdruid
2008-07-23, 06:08 AM
A *hug* for Ink and I'm happy you're with us once more.

smellie_hippie
2008-07-23, 06:14 AM
Welcome Back Ink!!!

*hippie hugs*

dish
2008-07-23, 06:25 AM
That is such good news. Hooray for Ink.

Player_Zero
2008-07-23, 06:27 AM
Nice Pratchett reference by the way.

Well that's nice...

St.Sinner
2008-07-23, 08:02 AM
That was Ink coming to you from his hospital bed. He is still there and still far from 100%, but as you can see he's made great progress :smallsmile:

Gem Flower
2008-07-23, 08:32 AM
*hugs* Welcome back!:smallsmile:

Trog
2008-07-23, 09:13 AM
NICE! :smallcool:

YAAAAAAY! Ink's back! Oh that is SUCH good news! I wish you a speedy recovery.

:smallsmile::smallsmile: :smallsmile::smallsmile: :smallsmile::smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-23, 09:13 AM
NICE! :smallcool:

YAAAAAAY! Ink's back! Oh that is SUCH good news! I wish you a speedy recovery.

:smallsmile::smallsmile::smallsmile::smallsmile::s mallsmile::smallsmile:
*simply seconds*

CurlyKitGirl
2008-07-23, 09:40 AM
YAY!
*WELCOME BACK BOOGIE*

Glad to see you're going to be okay.

Mountain_Faerie
2008-07-23, 09:42 AM
Welcome back Ink. (fluffs pillows, gentle hugs) I'm so glad you are getting better. It's the best news all day!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-23, 09:48 AM
Welcome back Ink. (fluffs pillows, gentle hugs) I'm so glad you are getting better. It's the best news all day!
More like best news all week.:smallsmile:

Player_Zero
2008-07-23, 09:54 AM
I'm fairly sure for Ink himself and those close to him it's the best news for somewhat more than a week...

Mustiado
2008-07-23, 10:41 AM
Agreed with Mountain Faerie and Dallas Dakota, when I heard Ink was awake, it literally made my week.

Glad to hear you're pulling through boss. Keep at it, and we'll see you soon. :smallsmile:

... Stupid smiles moving around in the handy right-hand box...

Ego Slayer
2008-07-23, 10:44 AM
Ink! *hugs* So very glad to hear you're doing better! :smile:

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-07-23, 11:21 AM
Welcome back, Ink! :smallsmile: {Huggles Ink} That's really wonderful he's awake. I hope he's not in too much pain. I hope the rest of his recovery goes really well.

:smallbiggrin: Again, Welcome back, Ink! :smallbiggrin:

Haruki-kun
2008-07-23, 12:22 PM
Welcome back, Ink! How you feeling?

Well, anyway, it's great to know you're OK! Get better soon!

Shadow
2008-07-23, 01:27 PM
This pleases me.
The healing power of the playground strikes again!

Glad to hear it, bro. You had us all worried. Now rest up.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-07-23, 01:57 PM
You should have waited until the end of SMBG heal/hurt. You had first place for sure!!

Just kidding, buddy. I'm thrilled to see you are doing better. Hurry back, you crazy fallen angel.

zeratul
2008-07-23, 02:01 PM
Dude, welcome back! *glomp*:smallbiggrin:

North
2008-07-23, 03:35 PM
Glad to hear your recovering Ink :smallsmile:

Trog
2008-07-23, 03:38 PM
Dude, welcome back! *glomp*:smallbiggrin:
:smalleek:
Heyheyheyheyheyheeeey! Caaaareful with the glomping there! Man's trying to feel better. What, you want him to stay in bed a couple of extra days cause you had to go and glomp him? Fuggeddaboudit.

Chunklets
2008-07-23, 03:50 PM
Hooray! Best news of the day by far!

Hope you're resting up and recovering, Ink, and that we'll see you back in SMBG very soon!

UserClone
2008-07-23, 03:51 PM
Hooray!!!!! Now I get to meet you for REAL!:smallbiggrin:

caw
2008-07-23, 05:21 PM
yay! rest up and get back here soon.

thanks to st. sinner for keeping us in the know.

Pwenet
2008-07-23, 06:16 PM
Glad to hear you are doing better!

Best wishes for your recovery.

Em Blackleaf
2008-07-23, 06:41 PM
Yay! Welcome back!
Now I hope you recover soon! :smallsmile:

EmeraldRose
2008-07-23, 06:51 PM
INK!!! *gentle hugs* This has really made me feel better today!!! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin: Take your time getting back to us, but thank you SOOO much for posting :smallsmile:

This pleases me.
The healing power of the playground strikes again!

Glad to hear it, bro. You had us all worried. Now rest up.

This is sooooo true. Now, if only we could harness this power and use it to take over the world for gamers....hmmm....

Midnight Son
2008-07-23, 08:20 PM
Glad to see you back, Ink!

*hands Ink a bottle of Midnight Son's Miracle Cure*

Not sure what this one does.* At the very least it'll cure baldness. Just hope you didn't get the breast enhancer.

*the ride over was bumpy and the bottles got a little jumbled.

Lex-Kat
2008-07-23, 11:20 PM
Welcome back. Glad to see that you're doing better.

ZombieRockStar
2008-07-24, 12:36 AM
Huzzah! Glad to see you're getting better. At least, well enough to type a forum post, which is an important thing. :smallwink:

EDITNESS: Frojoe is happy that you're feeling better too.

Castaras
2008-07-24, 04:25 AM
YAY!

INK!

BACK!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*gently hugs*

Supagoof
2008-07-24, 02:29 PM
I hear music helps with recovery. Now that you are back with, here's a little parody to help you get the rest of the way.

Get up
get up
get up
get up.
Wake up
wake up
wake up
wake up.
Ink yeah
Now forums are up tonight
Ink we got hot just like an oven.
Send you some loving - and Iiink,
We can't wait much longer.
Your getting stronger and stronger,
And when we get that feeling
We want Ink to be healing - Ink is healing.
Oh IIIIiiink
Help to relieve our mind.
When we come to find that
You are healing
Yeeeaaah
It's good for us
Ink has been healing is something that's good for us.
Whenever our teardrops were falling
And the emotional stability is leaving us
There is something one can do
St Sinner would get on the board and post some news
about you,
and
Iiiink
We know you'll come back soon - to relieve us.
The love we send to you - will heal you up,
If you don't know the things we've been feeling
Oh
I can tell you
Ink
that we want you to be healing.

Get up
get up
get up
get up
We know your stronger tonight.
Wake up
wake up
wake up
wake up
'Cause you do it right.

Ink
I think that this morning
A sea was stroming inside of us
And Iiiink
I think we were capsizing
the waves are rising and rising
Until we got that feeling,
We heard you were healing.
Ink is healing is good for us
Makes us feel so fine
It's such a rush

Helps to relieve our mind
and it's good for us.
Ink is healing
Yeah
is good for us

Yeah Ink is healing is something that's good for us
And it's good for you and it's so good to us

Now Ink oohhh - come take control
just grab a hold
Of your mind, we'll know it could be slow.
Yeeeaaah
But we're feeling fine
Your medicine's working right and heal your mind

Ink
you're so great
We just can't wait for you to get back to us.

Get up
get up
get up
Feel the love right.
Wake up
wake up
wake up
your an inspiring sight.
We can't wait for you to get back to us
When we got this feeling
We heard you've been healing.
Oh
When we got this feeling
Oh
When we got this feeling

We missed you man. Rest up - we'll see you back soon.

ufo
2008-07-24, 03:03 PM
Welcome back to life, it's been missing you!

I'm sorry to ask this but - you haven't taken any serious permanent damage, have you?

Nychta
2008-07-24, 03:52 PM
*glomps gently*

YAY! Ink is back!

*runs around and dances like a maniac*

Thes Hunter
2008-07-24, 11:37 PM
Yay! This is great news!

Welcome back Ink! I wish you well, and a speedy recovery. If you need anything from me or your other playgrounders just let us know!

Ethrael
2008-07-25, 04:10 AM
Yayyyy! Inkyy! *windy hug*

:smallbiggrin:

The Extinguisher
2008-07-25, 03:36 PM
Damn.

Way to go Ink. This is amazing. :smallbiggrin::biggrin:

Amiria
2008-07-25, 06:42 PM
Welcome back, Ink ! :smallsmile:

* hug ! *

Calamity
2008-07-26, 06:03 AM
It's been said many times but not enough.

Welcome back, Ink! Certainly the best news I've heard in several weeks, that you're making a recovery.

Zar Peter
2008-07-26, 05:48 PM
Best news after my holidays!
I'm glad you aten't dead, now take your time to recover fast!

DraPrime
2008-07-26, 05:55 PM
Hooray Ink is better! I was going to suggest that we get John Coffey here to heal him, but fortunately we don't need that.

FdL
2008-07-26, 06:46 PM
Glad you made it, Ink! I was worried. Now get better! :) *hugs*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-07-28, 11:17 PM
How's the recovery coming??

St.Sinner
2008-07-30, 06:55 PM
Message from Ink:
"Tell the folks at GitP thanks. Sorry I can't reply to all your wonderful posts, but you guys should know you're awesome. And the card is great Herman, thanks so much. Looking forward to seeing everyone again."

On the whole he's recovering quite well. Slow but steady, I'd say. He'll be going into surgery again on Monday.

Nychta
2008-07-30, 07:35 PM
Thanks heaps for relaying all these messages and keeping us up to date, St. Sinner.

Zeb The Troll
2008-07-30, 11:17 PM
*raises glass to Ink*

Here's hoping the surgery is absolutely uneventful.

*sips*

Lord Herman
2008-07-31, 12:51 AM
Thanks, St.Sinner. I hope he'll recover well. And I'm glad he liked the card. :smallbiggrin:

banjo1985
2008-07-31, 06:33 AM
Good stuff, glad Ink continues to improve and I hope the surgery goes off smoothly.

Hope you're bearing up well as well St.Sinner

Mr. Moon
2008-08-11, 09:59 PM
Eh, screw the fact that this is on the third page. I've been yelled at before. This is FANTASTIC!!! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin: I was so worried while I was away, I kept pausing in the middle of things and thinking about you, Ink. Man, this is such a huge relief.