PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Fire Archon as an PC race

AmadeusWindfall
2008-06-22, 08:01 AM
Reading through the Monster Manual, I thought the Archons seemed like particularly cool monsters, so I decided to try my hand at writing some up as my first attempts at 4E homebrew. So far, I've done the Fire Archon, and I'm wondering if it's balanced and fits the feel of the monsters. I haven't filled in all the fluff of a PHB racial entry, but first I want to get the rules right.

FIRE ARCHON RACIAL FEATURES
Average Height: 5’ 7” – 6’ 3”
Average Weight: 15 – 25lb.
Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution
Size: Medium
Speed: 7 squares
Vision: Normal
Languages: Primordial, Common
Skill Bonuses: +2 Arcana, +2 Intimidate
Fire Resistance: You have fire resistance equal to 5 + one half your level.
Elemental Creature: As a native of the Elemental Chaos, you are considered an elemental creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin. You also have the fire keyword.
Burning Will: You gain a +1 bonus to your will defence.
Illuminating Flame: You grant non-fire archon allies within 5 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Perception checks.
Ember Burst: You can use ember burst as an encounter power.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w107/amadeuswindfall/emberburst.png

Militaristic creatures of the Elemental Chaos, fire archons were created by the Primordials to serve as soldiers in the war between the Gods and Primordials. While many fire archons still fight their old enemies, some more open-minded members of the species have left their old duties to live a more interesting life.

Play a fire archon if you want…
to be an elemental creature.
to be a heroic member of a sinister race.
to wield the power of fire to burn your enemies.
to be a member of a race that favours the ranger, rogue, and warlock classes.

Shades of Gray
2008-06-22, 09:38 AM
@Illuminating Fire maybe you should make a -1 penalty to hide checks, and the ability is suppressible at will.