PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e]Master of Shrouds... Odd Preq

Leon
2008-06-22, 09:18 AM
This struck me as i was contemplating on how to wrangle a non cleric* into the Master of Shrouds PrC, it has the requirement of having Focus: Conjuration and Augment Summons.
The Things you are really good at summoning don't have a CON score and really don't need STR.
What Gives with that, ok it can be used for non dead things but that is not why you are in this PrC

*Dread Necromancer with Arcane Disciple: Evil is what i ended up on

SilentNight
2008-06-22, 09:45 AM
I dunno, I suppose you could get your DM to house rule that instead the undead get +1 to their draining attack roll and damage, and +2 hit points per hit die. Kind of like the corpse crafter feat.

Starbuck_II
2008-06-22, 05:36 PM
This struck me as i was contemplating on how to wrangle a non cleric* into the Master of Shrouds PrC, it has the requirement of having Focus: Conjuration and Augment Summons.
The Things you are really good at summoning don't have a CON score and really don't need STR.
What Gives with that, ok it can be used for non dead things but that is not why you are in this PrC

*Dread Necromancer with Arcane Disciple: Evil is what i ended up on

Yeah, D&D has a funny idea that Preqs got Prc are for theme than logic.

I mean, I can count at least 10 Prc classes with Preq that make little sense, but fit theme. Kensai is example. Master Thrower or that Invisible Feinting dude.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-06-22, 06:38 PM
Yeah. Someone just figured, "Hey! This feat is for summoning things! It would make a good prerequisite!" without actually looking at the actual benefits. This kind of thing happens all the time, really.

I'd recommend house ruling something else in its place.

Eldritch_Ent
2008-06-22, 07:05 PM
Personally, I find the fact Geometer needs 8 ranks in disable device and Spot, which are cross-class skills for a wizard, quite odd.