PDA

View Full Version : Artifact creation (spoiler)

D Knight
2008-06-22, 01:16 PM
Those people who I am running a campaign for stay the heck out if this or your character will have the most gruesome death ever for our group.
With that been said I am in great need of some help in making an Artifact for my campaign can I please get some help bringing it to life. Also this is my 2nd time DMing.
Here is what I have so far in abilities.
Spirit Return: it functions like True Res with a few differences. First it destroys undead and returns the now dead body spirit to it in 2D6 round later. Also if the person is killed in the next 4 days s/he cannot become undead and they have fast healing 5. This ability is useable 1 every 4 days. It also has a 1/2-mile radius of effect.

It also can use true res on the bearers 2/day as long as the bearer is goodly aligned with one change the effect is immediate. And it has hollowed, protection from evil and undead continues and all at a radius of 40 ft.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

DracoDei
2008-06-22, 11:19 PM
Campaign party level?
Intended purpose in driving the campaign?

Also: Use a spelling checker please.

D Knight
2008-06-23, 04:15 PM
Sorry about the errors in my spelling. Anyway the partys lv is 10 going to at least 25. The intended purpose in driving the campaign is that the world is going to be destroyed if this artifact is not found along with the hero, who is said to be dead. Any more questions please ask me.

erikun
2008-06-23, 06:12 PM
Um, yeah... what's the point of the weapon? How do you intent the PC's to use it? What do you want the PC's to do with it?

It sounds like you want some kind of anti-undead + resurrection weapon, with the ability to resurrect just dead people, right? If so, this is probably something that I would suggest.

--
+3 Bane vs. Undead Holy longsword
All undead destroyed in a 50' radius are resurrected with 2d6 turns
If user is good, can use True Resurrection 2x/day
--

I am not sure what you're attempting with the 1x/4 days thing. The was I read it, it gives fast healing 5 to everyone within 1/2 mile - I don't think that's what you want. You might try "while placed on the alter of [insert diety here], undead may not be created within 1/2 mile" instead. Possibly add the hollowed ground bit too, although none of that is going to matter while the PC's have the weapon.

Plus: it gives the PC's a good reason to give up the artifact when they're done! Placing the weapon on the alter becomes more important than hanging onto it and just using it on their next adventure.

D Knight
2008-06-23, 09:15 PM
Well thats the thing this is not the normal weapon like a sword or a bow. I am going to make it an ark like the arc of the covnet if any of you know Indian Jones. Thats what the idea was behind this, so sorry I should have said this earlyer.
Do you think I should decrease the range of Spirit Return? And if so what would you suggest?

firepup
2008-06-25, 10:42 AM
Well if you want it to be like the ark of the covenent, have those without their eyes open/not blinded survive, and those that don't die. Period. Not a fun artifact for sure.