PDA

View Full Version : The Etheria Project - The Story that Updates like a Webcomic

Gael_Judicium
2008-06-22, 10:13 PM
There was a post a while back about this that got lost somewhere in the clutter here. I've been on vacation and I now need continually readers.

Okay then, I'm going to give everyone here a part of my story. The sole purpose of this is to attract (read bribe) people to my site. Yes, I know, I'm telling you flat out. This was originally slated to be #7 in the Gael Storyline. However, I am deviating from that plan. Since the attackers name has not yet been revealed in my story, there shouldn't be any big spoilers, but I'm going to put everything in spoiler tags. If you like this, come visit my site and read the rest! The link is below. I'm going to be adding #5 to the Gael Story as soon as I'm done typing this.

WARNING: There are some minor spoilers contained here and I haven't done my usual intensive proofreading. This is also very violent and graphic.

www.freewebs.com/etheriaproject

The blood stained the front of his uniform red. As life slipped away, the knife was pulled out his heart, causing more blood to spurt out. The other soldiers began to react, but it was too late. The attacker immediately shoved the still standing corpse into the captain, sending both bodies down in a heap. The attacker spun around, the blade of the knife slicing through the neck of the next soldier, nearly completely severing the head from the body. Blood spurted out of the severed arteries as the body collapsed.

By this time the soldier had drawn her sword and the captain managed to push the body off of him and stand up, spear ready. Blood ran down his face as he stood panting, black eyes filled with room left only left for hate. The remaining soldier looked at the cloaked attack warily as sweat ran down her face. With a roar, the huge captain charged him with his spear. The other solider lunged at the attacker as well from his opposite side. The attacker seemed to pause as they lunged, and then, at the last second, he sprang backwards. Inches away, there was no way for them to avoid impaling the other. The four bodies lay on the now bold-stained ground.

Gael_Judicium
2008-06-25, 07:48 AM
/bump

~gael

Gael_Judicium
2008-06-27, 10:45 PM
/bump

~Gael

Gael_Judicium
2008-07-01, 09:41 AM
Okay then, I've been updating regularly for several weeks on my site, and I have just put up the first installment of Chapter 2. If anyone has any feedback, I'm open to it, and if you haven't check it out yet, I'd love to see you there!

www.freewebs.com/etheriaproject

Also, if anyone here enjoys this, and can make a OoTS style banner that will link back to my site, I would love to have a word with you. You can respond to me either here or in a PM if interested. After I get some interest, I'll hand out specifics. Some knowledge of the story would be required. If I get enough interest, this could become a competition....

~Gael

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-01, 11:22 AM
Mind making that spoiler a real spoiler? Just for the case?

Gael_Judicium
2008-07-01, 03:40 PM
Sorry, didn't even notice that earlier. XD Thanks though.

Hoplite
2008-07-01, 03:45 PM
I have looked around a bit at your site and I really like what you do. The idea of a webserial I like the most and two versions of the same story just makes it more fun. Haven't actually read the story, but it seems awesome.

Gael_Judicium
2008-07-01, 05:54 PM
I have looked around a bit at your site and I really like what you do. The idea of a webserial I like the most and two versions of the same story just makes it more fun. Haven't actually read the story, but it seems awesome.

Yay! Somebody else agrees! This honestly started off with me thinking, You know what would be awesome? A story that updates like a webcomic!

And everything went from there :smallamused:

Gael_Judicium
2008-07-02, 09:45 PM
For those following this, #10 is up, and is longer than usual. Also, remember to check out our forum, or news, and our extras!

~gael

Gael_Judicium
2008-07-04, 08:43 AM
*sigh* Who would be interested if I posted everything here for a while? I would probably post one per day from my story here (in spoiler tags). Would anybody start following this if I did this daily (copy and paste, unless I can't access a computer that day)? It would be on-site, though the latest installment would always be available on my site first. At some point, I will probably stop doing this and just let y'all come to my site, but that won't be for a while. Any interest? I'll start posting them after I get some interest.