PDA

View Full Version : [3.5E Monster] Now, fight young grasshopper!

wadledo
2008-06-23, 01:30 AM
1st Generation Atcevlalat

Insert picture here

Medium Outsider(Native, Chaotic, Shapechanger, Psionic)
HD: 7HD8+14 (45)
Speed: 70 ft. (12 squares); Fly 40 ft. (poor)
Init: +8
AC: 22 (+4 Dex, +7 Natural Armor, +1 Dodge); touch 15; flat-footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+3
Attack: Claw +11 (1d6+3)
Full-Attack: 2 claws +11/+6 (1d6+3) and bite +6 (1d4+1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Psi-like abilities, Psionics
Special Qualities: Change shape, Blindsight 10 ft., Darkvision 60 ft., resistance to sonic 20 and fire 10, Unrestrained Digestion, Fast Healing 5
Saves: Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +5
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 19, Con 14, Int 15, Wis 10, Cha 18
Skills: Autohypnosis +10, Concentration +10, Diplomacy +10, Gather Information +10, Hide +10, Intimidate +10, Jump +10*, Listen +5, Move Silently +10, Perform(dance) +10, Spot +5,
Feats: Improved Disarmb, Speed Of Thought b, Enduranceb, Run, Dodge, Improved Initiative
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary, Pair, Swarm(5d4)
Challenge Rating: 8
Treasure: Half standard; trade goods only
Alignment: Always Chaotic, Usually Chaotic Neutral
Favored Class: Wilder
Level Adjustment: +7

The Atcevlalat appear as giant bipedal grasshoppers, with translucent burgundy exoskeletons that flush with streaks of colors as they explore the world and find new ideas and peoples. Newly created, they constantly gaze at the lands around them in wonder and amazement, endlessly looking for a something fresh and undiscovered. They move with a kind of boundless energy, constantly leaping and dancing as they move, often times taking the harder path just for the experience of it.

Combat
When forced to do battle, or just for the fun of it, Atcevlalat's usually start off by sneaking as close as they can with their Chameleon and Change Shape abilities, then initiating combat by eating the enemies weapons. If that does not scare or disarm them, they then unleashing as many of their powers as they can, only using Danger Sense and Psionic Freedom of Movement if they have exhausted their power points for the day.

Psi-like abilities
At will- Chameleon, Control Sound, Force Screen(+6 AC), Psionic Scent; 3/day- Danger Sense, Swarm of Crystals(5d4), Duodimensional Claw; 1/day- Ultrablast, Psionic Freedom of Movement. Manifester level 7th. Save DC's are Charisma based.

Naturally Psionic
Atcevlalat gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level.

Psionics
An Atcevlalat may manifest as a 7th level Wilder, and levels of Wilder stack with racial HD for Power Points, Powers and maximum level known.

Typical Wilder powers known (2/1/1, 46+14+2 PP):
1st- Astral Traveler, Energy Ray; 2nd- Concussion Blast; 3rd- Dispel Psionics.

Improved Disarm (Ex)
The Atcevlalat's claws being well formed and human-like, along with a natural shoveling motion formed by the mandibles and arms, allows it to take a hold of an enemies weapon when using the Unrestrained Digestion ability without incurring any penalties aside from those from Unrestrained Digestion.

Change shape (Ex)
An Atcevlalat can assume the shape of any Small to Large humanoid. In humanoid form, the Atcevlalat loses its natural attacks, Blindsight, speed and natural armor, but not its Psi-like abilities. An Atcevlalat can remain in its humanoid form until it chooses to assume a new one. A change in form cannot be dispelled, and an Atcevlalat does not revert to its natural form when killed. A true seeing spell or ability reveals its natural form.

Blindsight (Ex)
Because of the delicate hairs on its exoskeleton, an Atcevlalat can sense movement and general shape of objects around it.
If it takes enough damage to overcome its resistance to sonic energy, its Blindsight is negated for as many rounds as damage taken.

Unrestrained Digestion (Su)
Because of an inborn battle hunger, the Atcevlalat will eat when in combat to regain its strength and frighten its enemies, drawing power from the weapons they ingest. Any weapon disarmed by an Atcevlalat in combat can be eaten as long as the size of creature it was made for does not exceed that of the Atcevlalat(I.e. a medium longsword can be eaten by a medium Atcevlalat).
The Atcevlalat regains a number of Power Points equal to the enhancement bonus +1 of the weapon, if it eats it while still in combat or on a turn after combat has just ended.
An Atcevlalat can only gain an number of power points per encounter equal to their manifester level(normally just HD + Wilder levels), can only eat a weapon with an enhancement bonus equal to half their manifester(round down), and can eat a number of weapons equal to its HD per day.
{table]Size|Time|AoO?
Light Weapon|Swift Action|No
1 Handed|Standard|Yes
2 Handed|Full|Yes[/table]

Skills
An Atcevlalat has a racial +40 to jump checks, a racial +6 to Bluff and Disguise.
When using its change shape ability, a Atcevlalat gets an additional +10 circumstance bonus on Disguise checks. If it can read an opponent’s mind, it gets a further +6 circumstance bonus on Bluff and Disguise checks.

More when I feel like it.

So, yea.
What do you think of the big brother of the thri-kreen?:smallconfused:

Lady Tialait
2008-06-23, 01:38 AM
I like it. I think they are going in my game..*throws her bag'o'swag over her shoulder*

Bhu
2008-06-23, 03:09 AM
Thumbs up from Kitteh!

wadledo
2008-06-24, 09:54 AM
I'll assume my creature is perfect then?:smallconfused:

tsuuga
2008-06-30, 11:29 PM
I've actually got a few comments on Unrestrained Digestion:
Eating magical weapons is kind of a serious thing to throw at players, especially in a shapeshifter (Sure, rust monsters suck, but a propellerbug is a propellerbug). Is there some limit on the enhancement bonus that an Atcevlalat can eat?

Technically, in their base form, they're armed - they can't actually grab the enemy's weapon, just knock it to the ground. Did you take that into account in Unrestrained Digestion?

On the other hand, sleeper agent bugs. I like :smallbiggrin:

wadledo
2008-07-04, 02:45 PM
I've actually got a few comments on Unrestrained Digestion:
Eating magical weapons is kind of a serious thing to throw at players, especially in a shapeshifter (Sure, rust monsters suck, but a propellerbug is a propellerbug). Is there some limit on the enhancement bonus that an Atcevlalat can eat?

Technically, in their base form, they're armed - they can't actually grab the enemy's weapon, just knock it to the ground. Did you take that into account in Unrestrained Digestion?

On the other hand, sleeper agent bugs. I like :smallbiggrin:

Took me a while to see this.
Good point, changing the total power points gained per encounter to Manifester levels and keeping the number of weapons at HD should help that somewhat.

But natural weapons can also be traded for unarmed attacks, meaning that they technically can use the weapon.... Yea, I need to fix that.

Thanks!:smallbiggrin:

insecure
2008-07-05, 02:51 PM
I'll assume my creature is perfect then?:smallconfused:

I would say so.:smallsmile: