PDA

View Full Version : pun-pun

Crazy Scot
2008-06-23, 03:15 AM
I had heard about "Pun-Pun" the kobold, and did a google search for it the other day, but only found references and a dead link to a WotC forum. Does anyone on the Playground know where I can see a copy of Pun-Pun? Or does anyone know how he was created? Thanks in advance.

jcsw
2008-06-23, 03:19 AM
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=491801

Now we've had a favorite spells thread and a pun-pun thread... now what.

Talic
2008-06-23, 03:21 AM
Look up the Sarrukh.

Find a way to give its ability to your reptilian player (kobold works well for this).

Have a familiar/etc who is also reptilian (tiny viper is good).

Proceed to give each other absurd amounts of abilities and arbitrarily high stats.

Win D&D. That's the basic premise. There are more search possibilities.

Try "Pun Pun", "Pun-Pun", and "Sarrukh". I believe the original one was done with a Psion, so searching for both "Kobold" and "psion" at the same time will possibly help.

Solo
2008-06-23, 03:22 AM
You said You-Know-What's name!

Talic
2008-06-23, 05:52 AM
No, no... He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named would totally be pwned by Pun Pun.

Fenix_of_Doom
2008-06-23, 05:56 AM
No, no... He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named would totally be pwned by Pun Pun.

Although I bet You-probably-don't-know-who wouldn't agree with that.

Talic
2008-06-23, 06:28 AM

He-who-must-not-be-referred-to-in-the-third-person would, though.

JeminiZero
2008-06-23, 06:52 AM
He-who-must-not-be-referred-to-in-the-third-person would, though.

As would He-whose-name-I-forgot.

Mushroom Ninja
2008-06-23, 09:52 AM
And let us not forget That-Which-Must-Not-Be-Mentioned-In-Passing-Except-On-A-Thursday

Vexxation
2008-06-23, 10:03 AM

Does poster reference the Omniscificer? he's the only guy allowed to disagree with Pun-Pun...

MammonAzrael
2008-06-23, 10:23 AM
When Chuck Norris DMs, every player is Pun-Pun. And they still get TPK'd.

Crazy Scot
2008-06-24, 03:01 AM
Thanks jcsw, but I think that was the link I tried following before and it came back as a dead link. Talic, thanks for the basic breakdown. As far as I can see, though, the only way to get the powers is through metamorphosis/polymorph, and get the Sarrukh's special ability from that. The problem being, you would need to be 14th manifester/caster level to turn into a Sarrukh. How would you get that by 13th level (or sooner) as some discussions out there have suggested?

Crazy Scot
2008-06-24, 04:45 AM
Thanks again to the Playground for the help. I found a live link to a listing of Pun-Pun. Now I can show it to my friends to scare them.

For those of you interested, the link I found was: http://new.xanga.com/Kaither

jcsw
2008-06-24, 05:30 AM
The general idea for getting there before level 13, if I remember correctly, is some PRC that lets you gain the Sarrukh's ability by transforming yourself. I've never read the Pun-pun article more than once, it gets boring after a while.

Also, the link works fine for me. oO

Ecalsneerg
2008-06-24, 06:22 AM
Thanks jcsw, but I think that was the link I tried following before and it came back as a dead link. Talic, thanks for the basic breakdown. As far as I can see, though, the only way to get the powers is through metamorphosis/polymorph, and get the Sarrukh's special ability from that. The problem being, you would need to be 14th manifester/caster level to turn into a Sarrukh. How would you get that by 13th level (or sooner) as some discussions out there have suggested?

Correction: 13th level to cast/manifest 7th level spells, unless you're a Sorcerer.

And now it is:

Current build as presented by Think0028
Race- Any
Takes 10 (since Knowledge is funny like that)
+4 ranks
+5 Int (18 + 2 for being old)
+1 Education (Eberron Campaign Setting)
+2 Masterwork item
+3 Psionic Shard
-------
25!

As for the non-campaign-specific case, use Skill Focus instead of Education.

Now, summon Pazuzu (you know that saying his name 3 times will summon him AND that he will grant any non-chaotic-evil character aid, generally in the form of a wish, from your DC 25 Knowledge planes check). Wish from him a Candle of Invocation. This will shift your alignment first one step towards chaotic unless you are already chaotic in which case it adjusts one step closer to evil. Use the candle to gate in an efreeti (candle's gate allows you full control over the efreeti). Have the efreeti wish for another Candle of Invocation and wish him to send you to another non-hostile plane. Use the second Candle of Invocation to gate in a Sarruhk.

DISCLAIMER
While the above build uses a psionic shard it is optimal for the character to begin as a paladin for this ascention as the flavor text for Pazuzu states that he will go out of his way to help the paladin.

And yes, that is level 1 pun-Pun.

Talic
2008-06-24, 06:27 AM
At manifester level 5, you can gain the feat. Here's a breakdown I would do:

PsyWar: 1-4 (level 1 or 3 feat, practiced manifester: psion)
Psion 1: (Bonus feat: Metamorphic transfer (psion class is level 5 manifester).

Buy the psion equivalent of a scroll of psionic polymorph.

Use it. Make a CL check.

Change to sarrukh, give familiar sarrukh's ability and Phasm's ability.
Familiar gives you Phasm's ability, and sarrukh's ability, after effect ends.

Now, you can each shapechange at will. You gain supernatural powers when you do. You can give each other whatever power you like. Kickstart combo.

Available at level 1 through Lawful Good Paladin Kobold and Pazuzu, I believe.

Chronos
2008-06-24, 11:47 AM
At manifester level 5, you can gain the feat. Here's a breakdown I would do:

PsyWar: 1-4 (level 1 or 3 feat, practiced manifester: psion)
Psion 1: (Bonus feat: Metamorphic transfer (psion class is level 5 manifester).What's the PsyWar for? Wouldn't it be simpler to just go straight Psion 5?

chiasaur11
2008-06-24, 12:01 PM
And let us not forget That-Which-Must-Not-Be-Mentioned-In-Passing-Except-On-A-Thursday

Old wassisface?
With the thuing that does stuff?
Any relation to That One Guy We Aren't Talking About Since The Noodle Incident?

Talic
2008-06-24, 12:06 PM
What's the PsyWar for? Wouldn't it be simpler to just go straight Psion 5?

You could also go psion 4/psy war 1.

However, you need a feat at 5th level, which does not normally occur. However, at level 1, both psion and psywar gain a bonus feat, and both can choose psionic feats, such as metamorphic transfer.

Chronos
2008-06-24, 04:30 PM
Psions get a bonus feat at 5.

Flickerdart
2008-06-24, 05:39 PM
I believe the pre-Pazuzu build was 1-Divine somethingorother/1 Wizard/3 Master of Many Forms PrC qualified into by the Divine somethingorother class whose name I forgot. The Wizard level gives the Viper familiar.

monty
2008-06-24, 07:08 PM
I believe the pre-Pazuzu build was 1-Divine somethingorother/1 Wizard/3 Master of Many Forms PrC qualified into by the Divine somethingorother class whose name I forgot. The Wizard level gives the Viper familiar.

It's Divine Minion (LA +1, I think, and gives you 11th level wildshaping) Wizard 1 (serpent familiar)/ Master of Many Forms 3 (14th level wildshaping and the ability to become a monstrous humanoid). Wildshape into a Sarruhk, give your familiar Manipulate Form, shift back, give MF to yourself (since it explicitly doesn't work on Sarruhks). You also need the Assume Supernatural Ability feat for this.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the link is http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=491801, but my computer is being stupid and randomly not loading sites, so I could be wrong.

marthais
2008-06-24, 08:25 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think someone took Raise Thread last level :smallwink:
Corrected, I really should've checked the date :smallredface:

I remember seeing one exactly like this around 6 months ago...w/e

Flickerdart
2008-06-24, 08:48 PM
Uh...the first post is yesterday. Consider yourself corrected.

Jack Zander
2008-06-24, 09:32 PM
When Chuck Norris DMs, every player is Pun-Pun. And they still get TPK'd.

Sig'ed.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Collin152
2008-06-24, 09:42 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think someone took Raise Thread last level :smallwink:

Clone, dear, the spell is Clone.

monty
2008-06-24, 10:16 PM

It's Pun-Pun. It has to come up every once in a while. There's probably been a similar thread since then, and you just didn't notice.