PDA

View Full Version : Inspiring words/Battle crys

DizzyD
2008-06-23, 07:16 AM
I'm playing a tiefling warlord in the 4e game I'm in. Me and the GM were talking and aggreed it would be a good idea to write down some quotes and battle crys to use during the game. (I'm not the best person to come up with things on the fly, there is already to much racing through my head) So I've been writing down things all day... I've got simple stuff like "Hold Fast!" and "Stand Strong!," "Charge!" ofcourse. But I'm stuck there. I'm to busy to sit down and think of some so I've been trying to come up with them during work which isn't working to well. Inspiring movie quotes and quotes from famous generals. are all game. originals would work to. short and simple are always best but a few longs ones for before or after a battle would be good too. Or i can always say duing my next 5 rounds during combat I say this... You get the picture. get creative!

Dhavaer
2008-06-23, 07:23 AM
"I know nothing of your afterlife.
I know nothing of your gods or their greed for glory.
But I know this.
In days to come, widows shall curse me as they weep. Fields shall go to seed. Sons and daughters shall be sold into slavery. Fathers shall die desolate, knowing that their line is extinct. This night, I shall carve my mark into the Nansur, and thousands shall cry out for want of my mercy!"

- Cnaiur urs Skiotha, the Most Violent of All Men, rallying his troops for a last stand (Second Apocalypse).

Hal
2008-06-23, 07:25 AM
SPOOOOOOOOOOON!!!
-The Tick

bosssmiley
2008-06-23, 07:25 AM
"Leeeeeeeeeroy Jenkins!"

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

My work here is done.

Elixia
2008-06-23, 07:28 AM
FOR PONY!
- Richard, LFG Comics

Kletian999
2008-06-23, 07:34 AM
Invoking the Deity of your character or the character you are commanding for positive battle cries is an easy receipe.

For smack talking the enemy, here are some you can steal

Pray whatever god you hold grants you mercy: for I(we) will not. - World of Warcraft demon

If your party has an adventuring band name, mentioning that in addition to the simple commands you have gives them a slight boost and makes your name more well known.

Anything from 300. Heck Leonidus ordering breakfast would make a decent battle cry.

KillianHawkeye
2008-06-23, 07:38 AM
These are the best I could come up with...

"Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. 'Mankind.' That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: 'We will not go quietly into the night!' We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!" --President Thomas Whitmore

"Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!*" --Aragorn

DizzyD
2008-06-23, 07:45 AM
Some good ones so far. Leonidus ordering breakfast, Priceless! There are a few movies I plan to sit down and watch with a pen and notebook, 300 being one of them.

Keep them comming!

kamikasei
2008-06-23, 07:48 AM
From the Silmarillion: "Last of all Hurin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed; and it is sung that the axe smoked in the black blood of the troll-guard of Gothmog until it withered, and each time that he slew Hurin cried 'Aure entuluva!' Day will come again!"

From real life (Admiral David Farragut): "Damn the torpedoes! Full steam ahead!"

A little background/context on your group would help. "Let terror reign!" won't be appropriate for all groups.

DizzyD
2008-06-23, 07:56 AM
A little background on my group, well we just started last week. (We've been playing together for a while but we started a new 4e game last week) We've got 6 PC's including myself, 2 Fighters (1 Dragon born and one Human), 1 Human Rouge, 1 Human Warlock, 1 Human Wizard and myself the Tielfling Warlord.

Last session we were on our way to a city when our boat bottomed out and we were ambushed by some toad creatures... After the battle we pulled dislodged the boat and continued to the city.

My characters background(quick and simple).
Lead was raised by his mother, a bastard child after his father, a human of fallcrest’s Guard, had an affair with Leads beautiful mother. Lead always seemed fascinated by war and his rich stepfather, who his mother married when Lead was 5, fed this obsession by sending Lead to a series of military schools but Lead continually got removed because of behavior. Lead is now trying to gain real world combat experience since his stepfather refuses to pay for anymore schooling.

Miraqariftsky
2008-06-23, 08:28 AM
"Come day or night
Arise blood-flood and hellfire
Unceasing shall we fight
For our cause is just and eternal our ire!"
---it's mine.

Solo
2008-06-23, 08:32 AM
We're no strangers to war
You know the rules and so do I
A full engagement's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy.

Also:

"B@st@rd with three fathers! Know me for Zhang Fei of Yan!"

"Come on and fight, you b@st@rds! Do you want to live forever?"

"For the Emperor! Glory to the first to die!"

Xuincherguixe
2008-06-23, 08:38 AM
Most of these should probably be shouted.
"I am burning forever! Here, take my flames! I share them with you!"
"I am the Hurricane of a thousand mouths that devours everything!"
"You there! Enemies! I consider you all beautiful. However it is said that true beauty is found on the inside and I have found that to be true. I wish to share your beauty with the whole world. And as I cut you open so it can be expressed, know that your lives were not lost in vain!"
"We have no need to fear, because we ARE fear. Show them! Show them why we are fear!"

And I counter solo with...
"Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!"

Flickerdart
2008-06-23, 09:02 AM
NWN has some choice bits. "Your remains shall decorate my home!" is my favourite.

Then there's Magic the Gathering.
“Rejoice, eyeblight. In your last hours above the earth, those who bury you will finally make you beautiful."
"I will flay the skin from your flesh, the flesh from your bones, and scrape your bones dry. And still, you won't have suffered enough."
"Do not weep at your defeat, my dear. In death, you will serve a greater purpose—mine."
"If they move, kill them. In fact, kill one now to make sure the others understand."
"Everybody but me --CHARGE!"

nepphi
2008-06-23, 09:07 AM
As far as rallying the troops goes...

Hold your sword aloft and shout "In this sign, Conquer!"

Point ahead and bellow "To the press, lads!"

After taking a blow that doesn't fell you, roar back in their face "That's not how it's done!" and respond with violence.

or my personal favorite; "Flee or fall, you SHALL stand aside!"

Tengu
2008-06-23, 09:19 AM
From a mine of inspiring battle cries (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TengenToppaGurrenLagann):

"Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me. Believe in me, who believes in you!"

"Kick reason to the curb and surpass the impossible!"

"Whether it's impossible or laughable, great men open the paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we make one with these hands!"

"Who the hell do you think I am?!"

Solo
2008-06-23, 09:31 AM

Corn for the Corn God! Maize for the Maize Maze!

I'm the Juggernaut, b1tch!

hamishspence
2008-06-23, 09:35 AM
I kinda like "Crom and steel"
Also "Blood and souls for my lord Arioch"

Ciaphas Cain books had some good replies to "blood for the blood god"
"Harriers for the cup" (40k scrumball team) and, not from Cain:
"Well he's not getting mine...Sorry commisar, where were we?"

Xuincherguixe
2008-06-23, 09:48 AM
Corn for the Corn God! Maize for the Maize Maze!

You have no idea how badass Khorne Corn is. It's highly explosive, radioactive, and each kernel represents a million kittens being punched into a sun.

comicshorse
2008-06-23, 10:49 AM
" Up gaurds and at 'em "
( Uttered at the Battle of Waterloo)

In a Warhammer game the P.C.s where part of an Empire army facing a Khorne incursion. A unit of Choas knights had been wrecking havoc until one of the P.C.s cuts down their leader, he turns to adress the Imperial cavalry and declares " You see, they can be killed " points sword at the heart of the unit, " SO BLOODY WELL KILL THEM !"

" Death or Glory "
( Motto of the Queen's Royal Lancers)

From 'The Thirteenth Warrior", though this is best used as a death chant for those about to go under to overwhelming odds.
" Lo there do I see my father
Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining
Lo they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them
In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever "

Flickerdart
2008-06-23, 10:57 AM
"I'm the goddamn Batman." (works better in 3,5)

Also, anything ever said by Minsc of Baldur's Gate probably fits the bill. http://www.minscandboo.com/quotes.php

disorder
2008-06-23, 11:55 AM
We shall fight them on the beaches! We shall fight them in the streets! We shall fight them in the cul-de-sacs, unless they brought good maps, because then they'll know the cul-de-sacs don't actually go anywhere!

We shall fight them on Seventh Street, then hang a right at Maple and take that diagonal shortcut over to Park Way! If you see a Taco Bell on the left, then you've gone too far!

lordbrocktree
2008-06-23, 12:03 PM
yay death, hooray for boobies, i like pie

EndgamerAzari
2008-06-23, 12:06 PM
The "once more into the breach" speech from Henry V is a classic:

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.
Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,
Have in these parts from morn till even fought
And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,
Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Insert/change names/places as appropriate.

averagejoe
2008-06-23, 12:42 PM
Come son of Jor-El, kneel before Zod!

They may take our lives, but they shall never take our trousers!

Jayabalard
2008-06-23, 01:30 PM
Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
[thinks hard]
Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
[runs out, alone; then returns]
Bluto: What the **** happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...
Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.
D-Day: Let's do it.
Bluto: LET'S DO IT!

chiasaur11
2008-06-23, 01:46 PM
We would have words with thee.
Thor has a lot of these.

Then there's "Bugrit! Millenium hand and shrimp!".
Dirty Harry's "Do you feel lucky, Punk?"

And Elan's Azure City speech.

Chronos
2008-06-23, 02:16 PM
The "once more into the breach" speech from Henry V is a classic:Right, when you're looking for inspiring battle speeches, why look further than the greatest writer in the history of the language? Another good one is the St. Crispin's Day speech (http://www.chronique.com/Library/Knights/crispen.htm) from the same play:
... And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

vicente408
2008-06-23, 02:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laconic_phrase

Some of my favorites:

"A city is well-fortified which has a wall of men instead of brick."

"Spartan mothers or wives gave a departing warrior his shield with the words: Συν ται η επι ται! or Ή ταν ή επί τας!, "With it or on it!", implying that he should return (victoriously) with his shield, or (his cremated body in an urn) upon it, but by no means after saving himself by throwing away his heavy shield and fleeing."

"When asked to surrender the Imperial Guard during the Battle of Waterloo, General Cambronne is recorded as replying: La Garde meurt, elle ne se rend pas - "The Guard dies, it does not surrender". Some sources also record his response as the single word Merde (****)."

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time!"

bosssmiley
2008-06-23, 02:27 PM
You have no idea how badass Khorne Corn is. It's highly explosive, radioactive, and each kernel represents a million kittens being punched into a sun.

The whole "Blood for the Blood God!" thing is, in actuality, the result of a mistranslation. In Jervis' original notes the war cry was:

"Mud for the Mudkips!!!"

Behold now the true face of Khorne:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/FennecusKitsune/Emerald-Mudkip.png

Behold_the_Void
2008-06-23, 03:14 PM
From a mine of inspiring battle cries (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TengenToppaGurrenLagann):

"Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me. Believe in me, who believes in you!"

"Kick reason to the curb and surpass the impossible!"

"Whether it's impossible or laughable, great men open the paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we make one with these hands!"

Damn it! Beat me to the punch.

But yeah, that.

"Do the impossible, see the invisible, row row fight the power!"

"Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!"

Philistine
2008-06-23, 03:35 PM
Historical:
"We've nothing to fear but fear itself!"
"Not one step back!"

Humorous:
"Blood makes the grass grow! Kill! Kill! Kill!"
"Hey, I just need to kill three more of these to complete the set!"

Referential:
"REDRUM!"
"For the Gipper!"

(Sac)Religious:
"Ever want to meet God? Then today's your lucky day!"
"Back to the Hell that spawned you!"

Generic:
"Death or glory!"
"For <king> and <country>!"

Swordguy
2008-06-23, 03:37 PM
Battle Cries, both Serious and Amusing:

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of war! - Macbeth

"It's clobberin' time!" - The Thing

To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee. - Captain Ahab, Moby **** EDIT: OH COME ON! It's a dammed classical novel! Frigging filter.

"Caelum Denique!" (heaven at last!) - The Crusaders

"Vae Victis" (Woe to the Conquered)

"Nobiscum Pelor" (Pelor is with us) - Crusaders (modified - originally "nobiscum deus")

"Carai an Caldazar! Al Caldazar!" ("For the Honor of the Red Eagle! The Red Eagle!") - Wheel of Time, Mat Cauthorn

"Tulta munille!" (Fire at their balls!) - The Finnish Army in WWII

"Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-męnu!" ("The Axes of the Dwarves! The Dwarves are upon you!") - Gimli

"Come on, you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?!" - Gunny Dan Daley

"Certis omnis" ("Fighting solves Everything!") - Me

"WOLVERINES!" - Red Dawn

Generate your personal battle cry (http://chaz.bdmonkeys.net/battle.php) (occasional NSFW language)

Jayabalard
2008-06-23, 03:52 PM
"buaidh no bŕs" (Victory or Death!)

Szilard
2008-06-23, 04:01 PM
"We have met the enemy, and they are ours."
-William Oliver Perry or something like that.

Enguhl
2008-06-23, 04:15 PM
Works best if you are playing something large (and a barbarian)
"AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!"

chiasaur11
2008-06-23, 04:24 PM
Hmm, what about the dwarf battle cries from Discworld?
All trees are felled at ground level or, more accurately When their hands are above your head, your teeth are level with their crotch."

Discworld probably has a bunch of good ones.
And some bad ones
"Okay boys, let's get our throats cut"
"If we succeed no-one will remember, and if we fail, no-one will forget!"

SurlySeraph
2008-06-23, 05:12 PM
Traitor, you shall not live!

Kill them all and let Pelor sort out the rest.

Where my horse has ridden, no grass grows.
- Atilla the Hun

Myshlaevsky
2008-06-23, 05:41 PM
Battle Cries, both Serious and Amusing:

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of war! - Macbeth

Sorry, but it's Julius Caesar. And Marc Anthony gives the actual quote, I think.

Thrud
2008-06-23, 05:45 PM
Well someone has already done spoon, so how about

'Its O.K. to play with DOLLS!'

:smallbiggrin:

Heh, I love The Tick.

Chronicled
2008-06-23, 05:51 PM
"Clear the way!"
--Traditional Irish war cry

"Awake the iron!"
--the Almogavars

"Nuts!"
--General McAuliffe

Changing some of General George S. Patton's quotes (http://www.military-quotes.com/Patton.htm) slightly can work wonders, such as with the following:

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
"If I win I can't be stopped! If I lose I shall be dead."
"Go forward until the last round is fired and the last drop of gas is expended...then go forward on foot!"

(I'd change them myself, but my respect for Patton would make me feel awful about doing so.)

Swordguy
2008-06-23, 05:57 PM
Sorry, but it's Julius Caesar. And Marc Anthony gives the actual quote, I think.

D'oh! You're quite correct. I was thinking of MacDuff's line: "Make all our trumpets speak; give them all breath, those clamourous harbingers of blood and death." (Act 5, scene...6, IIRC)

I have NO FREAKING IDEA how I mixed those up.

Fine, here's an actual battle cry from the Scottish play:

"Blow wind, come - wrack! We all shall die with harness on our back!" (alt translation: ...at least we'll die with harness on our back)

comicshorse
2008-06-23, 07:16 PM
" You're going home in the back of an ambulance. "
Traditional English

" Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough."
Traditional English but also used by Doctor Doom

Ravyn
2008-06-23, 07:58 PM
Here are some gems from one of my favorite characters--granted, a lot of them are not so much inspiration as intimidation.

"Impossible, you say? We banished impossible long ago."

"So Oblivion will come for me? Let it. I'll pack it up, mark it 'Return to Sender' and ship it back."

"Don't taunt the death-worshiping abomination; it's not its fault it's inferior."

Or my personal favorites:

"Do you have any idea how many of your kind have been lost to terminal cases of my displeasure?" and

"Oh, I'm sorry, was that your legion?"

Jade_Tarem
2008-06-23, 08:03 PM
Minsc didn't have the only good battle cries in the Baldur's Gate games. Some of them were from mooks!

"Oh-ho, I'll show you a fight!"
- Imoen

"I'll test your mettle with cold steel!"
- Random Human Guard NPC

"FEED the Earthmother!"
- Jaheira, works well if you're a ranger or druid...

"YOUR KNEES ARE MINE!"
- Jan Jansen (a gnome), works well for short PCs

"HYYYYYYAAAH! So there!"
- Yoshimo

"Good is on our side this day!"
- Inquisitor Keldorn, works well for those heroic types

"For right and honor!"
- Also Inquisitor Keldorn

"I've sparred with demons from the Nine Hells themselves! I shall barely break a sweat here, today."
- Drizz't Do'Urden

"By Moradin's Hammer!"
- Random Dwarf Guard NPC

tyckspoon
2008-06-23, 08:15 PM
Continuing with Discworld, although not all of these make any sense to use..

The Nac Mac Feegle:
Nae King! Nae Queen! Nae laird! We willnae be fooled again!
There can only be One Thousand!
They can take our freedom, but they canna take our pants!

I don't remember who exactly, but probably Dwarfish:
Today is a good day for someone else to die!

Sam Vimes:
WHERE'S MY COW? IS THAT MY COW? NO! THAT IS NOT MY COW!

Thrud
2008-06-23, 08:20 PM
I always liked Minsc from the Baldur's Gate games

Butt kicking for goodness!

The Squeaky wheel gets the kick!

Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!

(referring of course to Boo, his miniature giant space hamster.)

nepphi
2008-06-23, 08:20 PM
"No, YOU move." Captain America.

Dhavaer
2008-06-23, 09:52 PM
"You want to destroy the world? Come and take it from me."

- JC Denton.

The_Werebear
2008-06-23, 09:53 PM
So, t'all you fine dandies, so proud, so cocksure, Prancin' aboot with yer head full o' eyeballs! Come and get me I say! I'll be waitin' fer ye with a wiff o' the 'ol brimestone. I'm a grim bloody fable with an unhappy bloody end! Oh, they're gonna have ta glue you back together...IN HELL!

When using Inspiring word: "You! I order you to stop dying right now!"

Flickerdart
2008-06-23, 10:18 PM
To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.
I'm pretty sure "From Hell's heart, I stab at thee" was done by Shakespeare first.

I always liked Minsc from the Baldur's Gate games

Butt kicking for goodness!

The Squeaky wheel gets the kick!

Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!

(referring of course to Boo, his miniature giant space hamster.)
I already beat you to the punch. =P

Chronos
2008-06-23, 10:25 PM
It'd take some adapting, but Ivanova has a great speech in one of the later episodes of Babylon 5:

Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova. Commander. Daughter of Andrei and Sofie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that's going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me.

Sir_Elderberry
2008-06-23, 10:38 PM
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udűn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass. -- Gandalf

I think you could adapt this well enough.

I am a servant of the Holy Strength, wielder of the might of Kord. You cannot pass. The dark fire will noy avail you, <villain>. Go back to the Abyss! You cannot pass.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-06-23, 10:42 PM
Ahem.

Cheeeeeeessssssstttttttttttttooooooooooooooaaaaaaa aaa!

That is all.

Thrud
2008-06-23, 10:43 PM
I already beat you to the punch. =P

Damn it! I thought I read all the posts. Feh.

*Wanders off into corner to sulk. First someone else beat me to 'cry havok and let slip the dogs of war', then someone else beat me to 'from hells heart I stab at thee. . .' now I find that someone already beat me to the Minsc quotes too! FEH!*

You people all suck, stop liking all the stuff I like and then posting it before I get a chance to!

Solo
2008-06-23, 10:43 PM
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udűn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass. -- Gandalf

I think you could adapt this well enough.

I am a servant of the Holy Strength, wielder of the might of Kord. You cannot pass. The dark fire will noy avail you, <villain>. Go back to the Abyss! You cannot pass.

I am a servant of Kord, wielder of His Holy Strength! You cannot pass. The dark fire will noy avail you, <villain>. Go back to the Abyss! You cannot pass!

Sounds a bit better.

Sir_Elderberry
2008-06-23, 10:45 PM
I am a servant of Kord, wielder of His Holy Strength! You cannot pass. The dark fire will noy avail you, <villain>. Go back to the Abyss! You cannot pass!

Sounds a bit better.

Aye, it does. Good job. Of course, Kord and Strength and all that can be swapped out at will, depending on deity/alignment.

Solo
2008-06-23, 10:50 PM
How about:

'I'm here to kick a** and chew bubblegum, and I'm all outta gum. . .'

There, I think I beat someone to that one.

Thrud
2008-06-23, 10:50 PM
Heh, how about:

'I'm here to kick a** and chew bubblegum, and I'm all outta gum. . .'

There, I don't think anyone beat me to that one.

edit - I saw that! :p

tyckspoon
2008-06-23, 10:52 PM
Ahem.

Cheeeeeeessssssstttttttttttttooooooooooooooaaaaaaa aaa!

That is all.

Probably very much not in character for your typical Tiefling, but.. for one of those 'I hit him, now you hit him' powers- Love-Love Combo Strike!

Crow
2008-06-23, 11:50 PM
"I love lamp!"

Chronos
2008-06-24, 12:31 AM
It's a shame messages get those little "edited by" tags, isn't it, Solo?:smallwink:

I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udűn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass. -- GandalfWhile this one was indeed awesome when Gandalf said it, I don't think it works quite as well for someone who isn't literally two steps below Almighty God on High. What Gandalf is claiming there is a heck of a lot stronger than "I can kick your butt": He's basically pointing out that he took part in the creation of the World.

Thrud
2008-06-24, 12:34 AM
And that he weilds the Flame of Arnor, i.e. the third elven ring, the ring of fire.

edit - Oh god I'm a geek.

chiasaur11
2008-06-24, 12:40 AM
Groovy, I'm the first to the Evil Dead quotes.

"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the" (insert weapon here)
"Alright you primative screwheads, listen up."
"This is my boomstick!"
"Hail to the king, baby."
Ashley J. Williams is a true inspiration to us all.

FatherMalkav
2008-06-24, 12:46 AM
Modified Malcom Renolds:
"Come on men. I aim to misbehave."

Boondock Saints (Makes a better speech though to be honest):
"Now you will receive us. We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick. It is your corrupt we claim. t is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we shall hunt them down. Each day, we will spill their blood till it rains down from the skies. Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal, these are principles which every man of every faith can embrace. These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost. There are varying degrees of evil, we urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over, into true corruption, into our domain. For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three. And on that day, you will reap it. And we will send you to whatever god you wish."

I like the bolded as a quote personally. Works well in a game with a pantheon.

More Boondock Saints:
"Whosoever shed man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed."
"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed? "
"Never again shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of (god)."
"Destroy all that which is evil. So that which is good may flourish."
"When I raise my flashing sword,and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, (god), raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints."

Falrin
2008-06-24, 12:47 AM
Choclate Pain B***

Eat this

For death and glory

Up yours!

To war my friends. To war!

http://twoworldsvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Editorials.Detail&id=14

All variations of "aargh, ooaargh, graaah, waaarg, ... "

And you shall know my name is the lord.

Solo
2008-06-24, 12:49 AM
It's a shame messages get those little "edited by" tags, isn't it, Solo?:smallwink:

I was just tidying up my grammar.

Jade_Tarem
2008-06-24, 12:57 AM
Here's a few more,

"You think that armor'll save ya?"
- Rebel Soldier, SW Battlefront II - 'armor' can be replaced with anything

"I find your lack of faith... disturbing."
- Darth Vader, Star Wars

chiasaur11
2008-06-24, 01:26 AM
Modified Malcom Renolds:
"Come on men. I aim to misbehave."

Man, how did I not remember one of the best shows ever?

I mean, it even has a tough guy quote for pacifists. I really wish I'd remembered that first.

NephandiMan
2008-06-24, 01:27 AM
I recently modified the original "chew bubblegum" line to fit my druid: "I have come here to kick a$$ and chew tree bark - and in case you haven't noticed, there are no trees around here." Works best if you're underground or in a large city.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThisIsSPARTA is a good place to look, as is http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChewBubblegum.

Also, Solo wins everything forever for suggesting a modified Rickroll. I am SO stealing that one.

Solo
2008-06-24, 02:51 AM
Also, Solo wins everything forever for suggesting a modified Rickroll. I am SO stealing that one.

You should have seen the full version. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4251977&postcount=148)

"Have Faith in the Emperor, for He Shall Never Give You Up!"

Were no strangers to war
You know the rules and so do I
A full engagement's what I"m thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you why I'm invading
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give humanity up
Never gonna let it down
Never gonna run around and desert it
Never gonna let it die
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna let Chaos loose to hurt it

I've guided humanity for so long
Through time innumerable
Now here is no peace for it
We can see war's gonna go on
We know the game and were gonna play it

And if you ask me how I'm protecting
Don't tell me you're too blind to see

There is only war, only war
No peace among the stars,
Only and eternity
Of carnage and slaughter,
And the laughter, the laughter
Of thirsting, thirsting gods.

I just wanna tell you how I'm helping
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up,
My child, humanity
Gonna kill the mutant
Gonna slay the xenos
Gonna burn the heretic
Never gonna let them go and hurt you

Gonna cleanse the heresy
Gonna crush the rebels
Gonna purge the unclean
Gonna make it save for you
Never gonna give
Never gonna give, give you up!

Doomsy
2008-06-24, 03:35 AM
"I am the flail of god. Had you not created great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
Ghengis Khan.

"Everybody try not to die."
Nico, from Runaways. And yes. That is pretty much their battle cry.

"I'm Will Munny and I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you done to Ned."
Unforgiven. Adjust as needed.

"All right now, I'm comin' out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna kill him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife. All his friends. Burn his damn house down."
Unforgiven again. Just a general badass line.

DigoDragon
2008-06-24, 07:53 AM
Battlecries my players have actually used:

"They may take our lives, but they'll never take American Express!"

"Taste the rainbow, b***h!"

"It's lunch time- For my fist!"

"For the hoard!" [Said by my dragon diving at some knights for their shiny valuables] :smalltongue:

LibraryOgre
2008-06-24, 07:54 AM
I've been tempted to quote Pat Benatar in inspiring speeches...

What are we running for?
We've got the right to be angry
What are we running for?
When there's no where we can run to anymore
We cant afford to be innocent
Stand up and face the enemy
It's a do or die situation
We will be invincible
And with the power of conviction
There is no sacrifice
Its a do or die situation
We will be invincible

Jayabalard
2008-06-24, 08:31 AM
And that he weilds the Flame of Arnor, i.e. the third elven ring, the ring of fire.

edit - Oh god I'm a geek.
Nah, not that geeky. The elven ring of fire is Narya, while Anor is the sun. The "secret fire" and "Flame of Anor" don't refer to the ring, though it seems that many people think so. He's simply declaring himself to be a Maia, a being that wields the power of creation: the flame imperishable (the flame of creation)
I don't have the books in front of me to reference, so I had to grab these quotes from out on the internet.

"He [Melkor] had gone often alone into the void places seeking the Imperishable Flame; for desire grew hot within him to bring into Being things of his own, and it seemed to him that Iluvatar took no thought for the Void, and he was impatient of its emptiness. Yet he found not the Fire, for it is with Iluvatar."

"Therefore Iluvatar gave to their vision Being, and set it amid the Void, and the Secret Fire was sent to burn at the heart of the World; and it was called Ea."
(Silmarillion)

Since he's keeping the ring's presence secret it doesn't make any sense for him to let that slip, especially to an enemy like the balrog. He's definitely not a servant of the ring; but he is a servant of God, so he's exclaiming that he wields the Flame of Anor (flame of the sun, light, goodness, God ) in contrast of the Balrog's being the Flame of Udun (fire of melkor, darkness, evil).

Blackdrop
2008-06-24, 08:46 AM
Shame their aren't more battle cry sounding quotes from Firefly/Serenity. I can only think of one right now:

"Whahaha! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!" -Wash, doing the T-rex

horngeek
2008-06-24, 09:00 AM
From Firefly-

Mal: "Looks like we got here just in the nick of time! What does that make us?"
Zoe: "Big Damm Heroes, Sir."
Mal: "Ain't we just"

AWESOME

Sir_Elderberry
2008-06-24, 09:55 AM
We're doing Firefly now? Time to spend some time on wikiquote.

Mal: [to his men, after an explosion knocks half of them down] Just focus! The Alliance said they were gonna waltz through Serenity Valley. And we choked 'em with those words. We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. Just a little while longer. Our angels are gonna be soaring overhead, raining fire on those arrogant Khags. So you hold.
[shouts] .

Zoe: Sir? I think you have a problem with your brain being missing.

Mal: And I never back down from a fight.
Inara: Yes, you do! You do all the time!
Mal: Well.... yeah, but I'm not backing down from this one!

(if you're doing nonlethal)

Mal: It would be humiliating, having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood. Mercy is the mark of a great man.
[He lightly stabs Atherton.]
Mal: Guess I'm just a good man.

Mal: Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoe: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just?

Mal: Now think real hard. You been bird-doggin' this township awhile now. They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.

Mal: Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!

Book: If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of Hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.

Jayne: Six men came to kill me one time. The best of 'em carried this. It's a Callahan full-bore auto-lock. Customized trigger. Double cartridge thorough gauge. It is my very favorite gun.

Mal: Okay. I'm lost... I'm angry... and, um, I'm armed.

Mal: No one's killin' any folk today, on account o' we got a very tight schedule

Mal: WHOO-HOO! I'M RIGHT HERE! I'M RIGHT HERE! YOU WANT SOME O' ME?! YEAH YOU DO! COME ON! COME ON! AAAAAH!

Mal: They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself.

Womack: I'm a dangerous man on a ship loaded with hurt. Why you got me chattin' with your peons?

Mal: Nothing worse than a monster who thinks he's right with God.

Jayne: Mal! Looks like we got some imminent violence!

River: Also, I can kill you with my brain.

It's quite possible a lot of these can't even be adapted very well. But reading firefly quotes can only be good for you, so eh.

Ralfarius
2008-06-24, 10:15 AM
[To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee. - Captain Ahab, Moby **** EDIT: OH COME ON! It's a dammed classical novel! Frigging filter.
Wouldn't have had a problem if you just said you were quoting Wrath of Khan... Just sayin'...

Duke of URL
2008-06-24, 10:40 AM
Y'all are slipping... this is on page 3, and no one has suggested "Your broken corpses will taste delicious lightly seasoned with nutmeg! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0103.html)" yet?

Philistine
2008-06-24, 01:41 PM
From a PnP game, where my character's name was Charles David Hall: "You can't fight C. D. Hall!"

Dan_Hemmens
2008-06-24, 01:56 PM
Not remotely serious, but when my girlfriend and I played Lord of the Rings: The Third Age together we had a great time supplying Berethor's battle cries by enthusiastically shouting the game mechanical effects. Most notable of these was the Company Valour power, which was always accompanied by a cry of "Don't Miss!"

comicshorse
2008-06-25, 10:15 AM
"The sword is iron-not bronze or glass. You speak Standard English ? THis is a blood metal weapon ! Nopar o beyn ! One prick and you're warm meat. I've killed twenty-two Howlers and two Tanu and I'm ready to pop for my first Firvulag if you so much as BLINK ugly. "
'The Non Born King ' Yosh Watanabe negotiates with a Firvulag Toll collector

togapika
2008-06-25, 12:05 PM
"Let this remind you why you once feared the dark" -Upcoming Hellboy II

Bwahaha I got it first.

"I know kung-fu"

"Say What Again!!!"

"What does Marcellus Wallace look like?"

Rasilak
2008-06-25, 02:54 PM
The Pre-Battle Speeches of Rome Total War (and Medieval II) are a good source, too:
(Some I remember, they might be inacurrate since I re-translate them from the german version)

- Today is a good day to die! Today is a great day to meet the Gods! So let us send the enemy screaming to meet their Gods today!
- Victory is near at hand! If all do their duty, it will be OUR victory! Bend your backs to your tasks, and all will be well!
- We go now to our bloody business.
- And remember this above all: our Roman Gods are watching! Make sure they are not ashamed!
- Today the carrion birds feast! But they shall feast on the flesh of our enemies; not on good, Roman flesh!"
- Friends, Romans, Countrymen. Today is the day for brave deeds. Today is the proud day to be Roman. Now take up the swords, string your bow, look to your arms and armour. Now come the hour when we test Roman courage.
- A battle is never an easy thing to face, especially before breakfast, but think on this - they feel at least as bad, and they don't have me to give them victory!
- Tonight we feast! Tonight we drink! Tonight we drown ourselves in beer! But first we have to kill the enemies!
- A smell worse than any camel, that is our enemy!
(Popular among eastern generals)
- Today is a good die to die! But it is an even better day to live, so that we may tell our grandchildren of what we did here today!
(usually from Barbarians IIRC)
- I want to see blood! I want to BATHE in their blood! I want to bathe in their blood for a week! Now, KILL THEM ALL!
(from "bloody" or "bloodthirsty" Roman generals)
- I do not fight with a cool head today, I admit it. My eyes see only a red mist. I do not want them to run from battle, I want their heads on our pikes by evening!
(from a Roman general with "angry")
- They have been led here by mewling infants instead of leaders, now they will pay the price!
(if the enemy general has poor skills)
- How terrible it must be to face us; the sons of the wolf and the bear! Even now fear works in the bowels of our foes!
(From Barbaric Generals, especially Germanic)
- We are gathered here today to do battle. Regrettable isn't it? I didn't want to be here myself, but my grandmother told me that I better make a good show out of it. So here it goes.
(from a Roman general with "tedious speaker" trait)

Some of the more humourous:

- They have many sharp, pointy things. However, ours are sharper, and pointier!
- I want a hotdog right now because I'm hungry... Have you guys played Halo 3 yet? Well I have and I suck at it. Oh crap they're marching toward us.... EVERYONE RUN!
(from *totally* inept generals - or so I heard)
- It will be frocks and jollies for everyone!
- They may have the Moon People on thier side, but we have lovely hats, and that will protect us from thier fearsome gaze!
- They are angry, but they had no honey for 2 years because I ate all of their bees!
(from a General with the Unhinged Loon trait.)
- The enemy war god must have a sense of humour, i mean look at them...
(from a roman general when the enemy force is heavily damaged and vastly outnumbered)

mikeejimbo
2008-06-25, 03:36 PM
"I'm the freaking lightbringer!" - Crowley in the upcoming game Alone in the Dark. Paraphrased slightly. Good for evil tieflings.

Meltemi
2008-06-25, 03:39 PM
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time!"

Ah, that reminds me of an excellent one for larger battles from Ferdinand Foch.

"My centre is giving way, my right is retreating, situation excellent, I am attacking."

Or to paraphrase Sherman: "I can make this march, and I will make [them] howl!"

Chronicled
2008-06-25, 05:36 PM
Ah, that reminds me of an excellent one for larger battles from Ferdinand Foch.

"My centre is giving way, my right is retreating, situation excellent, I am attacking."

Or to paraphrase Sherman: "I can make this march, and I will make [them] howl!"

Which reminds me of one from WW2.

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning."
Colonel David M. Shoup - (Tarawa) - 21st November 1943

and for good measure:

"Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!"
Captain Henry P. Jim Crowe - 13th January 1943 - (Guadalcanal)

"I'll come back as soon as I can with as much as I can. In the meantime, you've got to hold."
General MacArthur - Speaking to General Wainwright - March 1942

"Before we're through with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in hell."
Admiral Halsey - December 1941

nepphi
2008-06-25, 05:43 PM
I told you once, you son of a b*tch, I'm the best there's ever been!

Charlie Daniels

Kane
2008-06-25, 05:44 PM
Not sure if this quite counts as a battlecry, but the Nation Anthem of Anhk-Morpork (c. Night Watch) has a verse along the lines of:

"We own all you helmets,
We own all your shoes,
We own all your Generals,
Touch us you'll lose!
Mor-porkia, Mor-porkia!"

AslanCross
2008-06-25, 05:59 PM
Anything from 300. Heck Leonidus ordering breakfast would make a decent battle cry.

"EGGS. OVER. EAAAAAAASY!!!!!!!!"? :smallamused:

Dan_Hemmens
2008-06-25, 06:02 PM

"EGGS. OVER. EAAAAAAASY!!!!!!!!"? :smallamused:

I always wanted a poster with a shot of the Spartans in 300 and the caption:

"Tonight, we dine in OUR NEAREST CULTURAL ANALOGUE TO THE PRIMARILY JUDEO-CHRISTIAN CONCEPT OF HELL!"

TheThan
2008-06-25, 06:52 PM
"If you're lookin' for trouble I'll accommodate ya."
-John Wayne.

"Avengers Assemble!"
- Captain American

“Its clobberin’ time!”
-The Thing

“Don’t make me angry, you wouldn’t like it when I’m angry”
-Bruce Banner

“Hulk smash!”
-The incredible hulk

“Spider sense tingling”
-Spiderman

“What are you stupid? Do you even know who I am? I’m the god damn batman!”
-The goddamn batman

Chronicled
2008-06-26, 01:49 AM
I always wanted a poster with a shot of the Spartans in 300 and the caption:

"Tonight, we dine in OUR NEAREST CULTURAL ANALOGUE TO THE PRIMARILY JUDEO-CHRISTIAN CONCEPT OF HELL!"

Like, Tartarus?

DrowVampyre
2008-06-26, 06:55 AM
So I hafta add some more movie ones I like. ^_^

"Fratres! Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line. Stay with me. If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead! [his men burst out laughing] Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"At my signal, unleash hell."
- Maximus, Gladiator

"My brothers of the sword! I would rather fight beside you than any army of thousands! Let no man forget how menacing we are! We are lions! Do you know what's waiting beyond that beach? Immortality! Take It! It's Yours!"
- Achilles, Troy

ashmanonar
2008-06-26, 07:30 AM
Invoking the Deity of your character or the character you are commanding for positive battle cries is an easy receipe.

For smack talking the enemy, here are some you can steal

Pray whatever god you hold grants you mercy: for I(we) will not. - World of Warcraft demon

If your party has an adventuring band name, mentioning that in addition to the simple commands you have gives them a slight boost and makes your name more well known.

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/2571/kingleonidasprettypissezb6.jpg

Jade_Tarem
2008-06-26, 06:46 PM
Here are some of the awesome quotes from the X-wing series, which is better than it sounds.

"Pretty. What do we blow up first?"
- Myn Donos, Star Wars X-Wing, Solo Command

"I'm not a rich man. Not really an ambitious man. That means that you can never hurt me as much as I've hurt you. Never. Maybe you should take that into consideration."
- Han Solo, Star Wars X-Wing, Solo Command

"Wraiths: no rules, no mercy. Take out anything that gets between us and home."
- Garik "Face" Loran, Star Wars X-Wing, Solo Command

"Be advised, you've just become the victims of Dinner Squadron!"
"And Silly Squadron!"
"Consider yourselves humiliated, and welcome to Folor! Out."
- Kell Tainer and Hohass "Runt" Ekwesh, Star Wars X-Wing, Wraith Squadron

"If they talk to us, respond on the run. If they challenge us, open fire and run harder."
- Garik "Face" Loran, Star Wars X-Wing, Iron Fist

"Understand me people, this is a super star destroyer. An ageing cruiser and a ship a tenth of our size cannot hurt us. Do as you're told and victory will be ours!"
- Joak Drysso, Star Wars X-Wing, The Bacta War

"Victory will be mine, Madame Director."
"Those are famous last words, captain. Be sure that you do not join the teaming mass of failures for whom those were the last words."
- Joak Drysso and Ysanne Isard, Star Wars X-wing, The Bacta War

"They've got defenses in there that will stop just about any pilot. I'm going to go remind them that in Rogue Squadron, we don't take just any pilot."
- Wedge Antilles, Star Wars X-Wing, Rogue Squadron

"Cooperative. You want to be veeeery cooperative."
- Corran Horn, Star Wars X-Wing, Isard's Revenge

There's a couple of fun speeches too, I'll see if I can dig those up.

GolemsVoice
2008-06-26, 08:52 PM
Well, you can always go with the Angry Marine's favourite battlecries. The first one being:
You: "Always angry!"
Your hapless minions: "All the time"

Or just "FAAAAAAAAAA..... CK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

"Fear is for the enemy. Fear, and death."
Somewhere out of the Warcraft universe, as far as I know

"Forward, Sons of Sigmar! [Insert favourite god here]"
Warhammer: Mark of Chaos

"You will regret attacking us, as you are dvoured by worms and disease in the hell of borrowing maggots. A thousand years shall you suffer!"
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

"You only waste my time!"
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

"The rivers run red this night!"
Baldur's Gate, right?

"They are but playthings, unfit even to amuse"
More or less, Prince Malchazeen, WoW

Falconer Lombar
2008-06-26, 09:11 PM
One, Two, Five, no wait, THREE!
-monty python.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
-monty python.

Can you tell I was watching holy grail today? :smallwink:

Jade_Tarem
2008-06-26, 09:47 PM
"The rivers run red this night!"
Baldur's Gate, right?

Maybe the first one. I know no one says that from BGII on... although to be fair, the content of that quote was the entire point of the expansion.

chiasaur11
2008-06-26, 10:16 PM
Warforged can get quotes from everybody's favorite (I know you might like Bender or HK47 more, but, as good as they are, you're wrong) fleshling hating mechanoid: Aaron Stack.

Silence fleshy ones

Pray to your fleshy god, pray!

I am not killing them, I am sending them to their fleshy heaven.

The Captain gets a good one too after the excellent "I am Ronnaku, I am lord of the dim Dimensions, and you cannot beat me up"

"I'm the Captain, I'm from Brooklyn, and I barely understand english!

Nextwave gives us so many battle cries. Just one of its virtues.

Thrud
2008-06-26, 10:23 PM
How about for bad guys just about to make a BIG mistake:

Transmission pulsars have cut off.

The last starfighter. . .?

IS DEAD.

The last starfighter is dead. Nothing can stop us now. Ahead full, to Rilos!

Grommen
2008-06-26, 10:39 PM
We had a guy that created a magic item that cast, "Bigbsy's Obsein Gesture". I can't repeat any of the things it said or did.

These are my favorites
A aploigise on the spelling, grammar, and if I quote any sources incorrectly.

"Blood makes the Grass Grow...Kill, Kill, Kill!"
Shouted at Jousts world wide

"My name is Enego Montoya. You killed my father. prepare to die."
--The Princess Bride--

"Cry Havoc, and lets slip the dogs of war!"
--Shakespear--

"I have a bad feeling about this."
--Uttered by any character in a Star Wars film--

"Not in the face!"
--The Tick--

"Please Hammer...Hurt em'.."
--A favorite around our gaming table--

"GET THEM!"
--uttered by Thousands of Evil Bad guys world wide--

"I am the Black and Blue blood boil, that blistered on your thumb."
--Darkwing Duck--

"But kicking for Goodness!"
--Minsc from Baulder's Gate--

"The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other poor bastard die for his."
--General MacArthur--

"May the fleas of a thousand camels nest in your genitals."
--unknown by me--

And a personal favorite:

No words. Just the master Bruce Lee striking a pose, then with arm outstretched and snear on face. He beckoned his foe to fight with a lazy flip of the pinky finger.

Collin152
2008-06-26, 10:46 PM
"My name is Enego Montoya. You killed my father. prepare to die."
--The Princess Bride--

Inigo.
Ma name is Inigo Montoya. You kill'd ma father. Prepare to die.

SoD
2008-06-26, 11:36 PM

Pancakes for the Pancake Train!-Me

Darn them to Heck! -Ridcully

I will Water Orc Orc you to death!-Glunk (Arena)

I will kill you so hard you will die to death.-Paul. Possibly a quote from somewhere.

Cheesegear
2008-06-27, 01:12 AM
Praise Pelor and pass the ammunition!

Jade_Tarem
2008-06-27, 01:15 AM
"The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other poor bastard die for his."
--General MacArthur--

That was Patton. And sanitized

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- Attributed to General George Patton

kamikasei
2008-06-27, 02:50 AM
Nextwave gives us so many battle cries. Just one of its virtues.

I FIRE YOU WITH BULLETS NOW.

nepphi
2008-06-28, 07:30 AM
Germans, having surrounded a smaller british paratroop force in A Bridge Too Far;

"We have come to discuss surrender terms!"

British;

"We don't have the facilities to accept the surrender of a force so large! Sorry old boy!"

Dan_Hemmens
2008-06-28, 07:41 AM
Like, Tartarus?

Or something. The joke being not so much that there *was* no Spartan analogue for hell, so much as that it struck me as weird to have prechristian people explicitly shouting about "Hell".

Although I suppose "Tonight we dine IN TARTARUS!" doesn't quite scan as well.

Jade_Tarem
2008-06-28, 08:50 AM
Heh, reminds me of a Dharma and Greg sketch. (Yes, I watched a couple episodes of it.)

Dharma: "I'll see you in court!"

Greg: "For the last time, it's not court! It's arbitration!"

Dharma: "Then I'll see you in arbitration!"

*She walks out, slamming the door. Then she opens it again.*

Dharma: "That did not sound as good!" *Slams door.*

kamikasei
2008-06-28, 09:00 AM
"Simpson! See you at 0600!"
"See you at the IRS!"
"See you in HELL!!!" slam. beat. return "- from Heaven."

Mjoellnir
2008-06-28, 09:08 AM
Argh, I was ninjaed with Minsk, with General Chang, with "For Pony", but I hope nobody did this:

Oratory of the Stick (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0421.html)

"I am First Omet'iklan, and I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember, victory is life."
- Omet'iklan

"I am Chief Miles Edward O'Brien. I'm very much alive and I intend to stay that way."
"Amen."
- O'Brien, to the Federation attack group after the Jem'Hadar war cry is first heard, and Sisko

Sir_Elderberry
2008-06-28, 10:26 AM
This thread needs more Starcraft.

Tassadar: General Duke, I am Tassadar, and you are well known to me. Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.

Kerrigan: Failure is not an option. Slaughter them all in my name!

Fenix: The Khala awaits me, Kerrigan, and though I am prepared to face my destiny, you will not find me easy prey.

Kerrigan: You see at this point, I'm pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe, and not all of your little soldiers or space ships will stand in my way again.

FatherMalkav
2008-06-28, 01:58 PM
"Blade by whom I have lived, Blade by whom I now die, serve right and justice once last time, seek out one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain, cut well old friend, and then farewell."
~Unknown

"The world's a trap and every ones a spy. Once you realize this you have nothing left to fear"
~Myself when questioned why my character was never paranoid.

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
~Orwell - perfect for a warlord of the city guard

Chronicled
2008-06-28, 02:21 PM
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Um, the quote is actually:

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

(People misquoting this quote is a particular pet peeve. No misquote can be phrased as cool as the original was.)

FatherMalkav
2008-06-28, 03:06 PM
Um, the quote is actually:
(People misquoting this quote is a particular pet peeve. No misquote can be phrased as cool as the original was.)

Sorry, that was the only way I had ever heard it.

PhallicWarrior
2008-06-28, 07:33 PM
"I am a servant of Hieronious! My sword will strike for the cause of the righteous! I will take not one backwards step, if it means that an innocent dies! Empowered by my god, I cannot fail!"
---- Inderitus Cain, Paladin.

My older grognard friends got really into RPing, especially for battle cries. This came from the last battle of a LotR-inspired game, where he died, but only after nearly dropping the demonic leader of the Evil Army, and bisecting several of his lieutenants. Tales are still told of this guy. (The fact that he had 18 in Con and Cha certainly didn't hurt.)

CockroachTeaParty
2008-06-28, 08:17 PM
"I've been flying ships since before you were born, sad little Earth monkey!"
~Zim, Invader Zim

"Do not invoke the wrath of the Irken elite!"
~Zim

"Enough talking! You, twist those knobs, twist those knobs! You, pull some levers! Pull some levers!"
~Zim

"You're a worse pilot than I am! ... Wait...?"
~Zim

"Woo! I like destroying!"
~GIR

"Fire some kind of laser-thingy at them... right now!"
~Almighty Tallest Red

vartan
2008-06-29, 10:14 AM
"Surrender now or die in obscurity!"
-FF Tactics

OneFamiliarFace
2008-06-29, 10:25 AM

"Eggs? You call this scrambled? WE ARE SPARTANS!"

The god idea is a good one. For flavor, you can formulate different cries for each god. For example, if you worship a forge god (like Moradin), then you can say something like, "Forge us into your weapons, that we may smite your enemies." (or something about armor for defensive abilities) Note: this also works for cleric prayers. Likewise, one could bolster the resolve of followers of a agricultural god with things like, "So long as we hold this ground, our crops will always be plentiful. Stand fast, men!"

Hmm...I'm liking the idea of a good ol' boy, farming warlord.

Greatest warlord scene ever (for real and for parody): "I am Spartacus."

ThePhantom
2008-06-29, 10:27 AM
"Blade by whom I have lived, Blade by whom I now die, serve right and justice once last time, seek out one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain, cut well old friend, and then farewell."
~Unknown

It's by Sir Neville Smythe, as he threw his sword to destroy the villain's most powerful dragon.

Oslecamo
2008-06-29, 11:18 AM
"Let's kill them quickly, I've still got some shoping to do today."-some old movie I don't remember.

I'm here to beat stuff up and drink booze, and I'm all out of booze...-unknown, but quite popular

I'm sick of all these mother****** [insert monster name here] in this mother***** [insert place name here]!-kinda obvious the source.

I'll flay the skin from your flesh, and the flesh from your bones, and then waste your bones dry. And still you will not have sufered enough

I'm light. I'm darkness. Not even death can release me, I must give my life to serve.

"Rise like the sun, stand like the mountain, charge like the lion, die as a hero."

I didn't come to play. I came to win.

"Our bodies are weak compared to those of our enemies, our knowledge limited, and our magic poor. Yet we draw breath. That alone is reason to hope."

"The treasure in our minds is greater than any worldly glory."

All the above from magic the gathering, shlightly adapted.

I'll take care of you once I finish reading this-my current wizard.

Magnificence
2008-06-29, 11:22 AM
"Order by Oath, Victory by Vow, Peace by Promise."

"Ahhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggghhh! My power level is over nine thousand!"

Ralfarius
2008-06-29, 12:20 PM
I'm here to beat stuff up and drink booze, and I'm all out of booze...-unknown, but quite popular
Sounds very similar to Nada (Rowdy Roddy Piper) in They Live:
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum."
Also paraphrased by Duke Nukem in the beginning of Episode 3 (Shrapnel City) of Duke Nukem 3D

comicshorse
2008-06-29, 01:01 PM
" Death is a feather, duty is a mountain. "

Morrinn
2008-06-29, 02:35 PM
The scenario; The party stands at the bank of a deep pool, the rogue swam to the other side and gets ambushed by some amphibian monsters. The extremely valiant (Yet thick headed) Paladin dives into the pool to swim to the other side... In his Heavy Full Plated Armour.
The Bard: "What are you doing?"
Paladin: "Saving our comrade, what do you think I'm doing?"
Bard: "In your heavy armor? You'll drown!"
Paladin: "FAITH SHALL KEEP ME FLOATING!"

That became his mantra.:smalltongue:

Ned the undead
2008-06-29, 02:48 PM
"I WOULD ENJOY MY EGGS SUNNY-SIDE UP!!!!!!!!

D_Lord
2008-06-29, 03:19 PM
This is from a book I can't reminder the title.
5 people vs an army of billions.
"What's that fool doing? It is penultimate foolish to go there."
"No that's not a fool, That's mad Doom that just went out there."

For My COOKIES!!!!!

Totally epic book.

Sahune
2008-06-29, 03:23 PM
"Never give up! Never surrender!" - Jason Nesmith, Galaxy Quest

"P'charnkov! (May your feet be cut off so your ghost cannot walk)" - Interesting Times (to the best of my recollection)

And of course, my all-time favourite:

"Better dead than smeg." - Rimmer, Red Dwarf.

Swordguy
2008-06-29, 03:24 PM
~Unknown

The Flight of Dragons cartoon. Nice.

Pronounceable
2008-06-29, 03:45 PM
You can't have enough 40k:
I fear nothing, for I am fear incarnate!
My faith is my shield!
Glory for the first man to die!
They call me stompy!
Green! Is! BEST!
We'z da orks! An you iz not!
Sanity is for the weak!
It is as though a thousand mouths cry out in pain!
Our cries herald the coming of doom for our enemies!

Sarevok's quote from BG is:
The streets will run red with blood when my work is finished!
Also:
I do not fear death. Do you?

There's more to BG than Minsc:
If it bleeds, I can kill it.

And now for something completely different:
I fart in your general direction!

Lorn
2008-06-29, 03:52 PM
"[Deity] wills it!"

"Warlord - [Army/Group Name], what is your profession?
Group - HAUT! HAUT! HAUT!"

"To Holmgard, and beyond!"
NB: Best accompanied to the actual song it was taken from. Same name.

"To best melee fighter, if they have low Int/Wis - Ok, right. See them? They called you [bad things]."

"Battle Metal!
As the battle rages the dearest to you, you hold in your hand -
And stick in their lungs!"

"STICK 'EM WITH THE POINTY END!"

"You think THIS is bad? When I were a young 'un, we had to fight people off every day! Uphill! In a blizzard!"

NB: Most of these were thought of off the top of my head, or taken from songs or movies. A couple were from amusing bits in conversation, adapted.

If you want more, take a look at battle metal songs. Turisas are good for this. Also, Viking metal.

Jade_Tarem
2008-06-29, 04:36 PM
"SHOW TIME!"
- Agatha Heterodyne, Girl Genius. This also happened to be the activation command for an improvised mechanical army.

"This is not a trick. I did not get lucky. I am Gilgamesh Wulfenbach, and I am in CONTROL!"
- Gilgamesh Wulfenbach, Girl Genius

Dervag
2008-06-29, 04:46 PM
The battle cries of the Nac Mac Feegle. Chief among them:

"They can take our lives, but they can never take our trousers!"

(the Feegle wear kilts)

Solo
2008-06-29, 06:17 PM
Poke 'em Inna Eye!

DizzyD
2008-07-03, 12:52 PM
Very nice. Thank you all...

D Knight
2008-07-03, 03:30 PM
"For the Overlord!!!"
and i do not know what game its from but i know its a game.

Sir_Elderberry
2008-07-03, 07:20 PM
"For the Overlord!!!"
and i do not know what game its from but i know its a game.

If it was "For the Overmind" it could be Starcraft. (Infested Terrans, I think.)

Woot Spitum
2008-07-03, 10:37 PM
"Cleanse! Purge! Kill!" ~Space Marines, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

"We may not have a rat's chance in a room full of cats...but we're going for the cheese!" ~The Hero, The Secret of Evermore

And if you are ever forced to run away, you can always salvage your dignity with:

"I'll be back." ~The Terminator, Terminator 2

Galileo
2008-07-04, 05:51 AM
My favourite personal warcry is this:
Teriyakiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Best for when you know you're screwed but fight on anyways.

LibraryOgre
2008-07-04, 01:48 PM
In the GameCube game Summoner: A Goddess Reborn, there's a phrase used by the Halassarians when acknowledging orders from their Queen and as a battle cry that I think would work great for a Paladin-type.

FAITH AND VALOR!