PDA

View Full Version : Aay-y'y! [Creature]

The Demented One
2008-06-23, 09:28 PM
Aay-y’y

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs27/300W/i/2008/173/2/f/Aay_y__y_by_Nny2.jpg
Picture by Krimm Blackleaf

Size/Type: Large Outsider (Chaos, Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 20d8+140 (230 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: Fly 40 ft. (8 squares) (average)
Armor Class: 23 (-1 size, +4 Dex, +10 natural), touch 13, flatfooted 19
Base Attack/Grapple: +20/+37
Attack: +3 Anarchic Bastard Sword +35 melee (2d8+16)
Full Attack: +3 Anarchic Bastard Sword +35/+30/+25/+20 melee (2d8+16) and +1 Anarchic Flail +33/+28/+23 (2d8+14) and +1 Anarchic Rapier +33/+28/+23 melee (1d8+14) and +1 Anarchic Dagger +33/+28/+23 melee (1d6+14)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Blade dance, entropic weapons, maneuvers
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 20/law, darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 5, immunity to acid and sonic, madspawn, resistance to cold 25, electricity 25, and fire 25, stances
Saves: Fort +19, Ref +16, Will +16
Abilities: Str 36, Dex 18, Con 24, Int 10, Wis 1, Cha 18
Skills: Balance +27, Bluff +27, Intimidate +27, Listen +18, Martial Lore +23, Profession (Gambler) +18, Sense Motive +18, Spot +18
Feats: Multiweapon FightingB, Improved Multiweapon FightingB, Greater Multiweapon FightingB, Power Attack, Force of Personality (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Force_Of_Personality,), Improved Bull Rush, Devoted Bulwark, Iron Heart Aura, Faith Unswerving, Stormguard Warrior
Environment: Limbo
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 20
Treasure: Double standard
Alignment: Always Chaotic Neutral
Advancement: By class level (Favored Class: Warblade)
Level Adjustment:

Planar rumor and ancient legends speak of an ancient warrior who once plunged the whole multiverse into strife, starting a war that engulfed almost every known plane in a time distant to all living memory. According to the most well-known ballad of his deeds, his army of disparate and irregular forces was finally slain by an alliance of a war god who now lies dead and forgotten in the Astral Plane, an ancient Baatezu overlord who met his end millenia later at the hands of Asmodeus, and an inevitable of demigod-like strength, born of Mechanus for the sole purpose of ending the war. As this triad overcame the warrior, and prepared to execute him, the inevitable asked why he had unleashed such great chaos upon the world. The anonymous warrior grinned and replied, “I needed a change.” The disgusted inevitable prepared to behead the warrior, but before he could, he vanished in a flash of light. According to the legend, the Plane of Limbo itself rose to his defense, drawing this lone exemplar of chaos into itself.

From this union of warrior and Limbo are said to have been born the Aay-y’y. These warriors of amazing power and skill can be found roaming Limbo, speaking in riddles and attacking anyone they see, either challenging them to an honorable duel, ambushing from total surprise, or attacking halfway between the challenge to a duel. They follow no set patterns of behavior or tactics, never fighting the same way twice.

Blade Dance (Ex)
An Aay-y’y does not take any penalties on attack and damage rolls when fighting with multiple weapons.

Entropic Weapons (Su)
An Aay-y’y can manifest weapons from pure chaos. An Aay-y’y can manifest up to four weapons with this ability, manifesting them as free actions. All weapons an Aa-y’y manifest have a +1 enhancement bonus and the anarchic special ability. In addition, it may grant one weapon a +3, rather than a +1, enhancement bonus.

Maneuvers
A has knowledge of several martial maneuvers from the Coin’s Edge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75548), Devoted Spirit, and Iron Heart disciplines. It knows six maneuvers, all of which it may have readied at one time. It has an initiator level of 16th. As a swift action, it may regain all of its expended maneuvers, although it cannot initiate any in the same round. It may change its readied maneuvers by meditating for five minutes.

Typical Manuevers Readied
Strikes: Greater Divine Surge, Finishing Move, Blade of Dire Fates
Boosts: Champion of Fate
Counters: Fortune’s Aegis, Moment of Chance

Madspawn (Ex)
Aay-y’y have minds that are completely alien, completely insane by mortal standards. They are immune to confusion or insanity-like effects, and are not affected by Wisdom damage, drain, or burn, or by penalties to Wisdom.

Stances
An Aay-y’y has knowledge of several martial stances from the Coin’s Edge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75548), Devoted Spirit, and Iron Heart disciplines. It can change stances as a swift action.

Typical Stances Known
Coinspinner’s Form, Aura of Chaos, Punishing Stance, Gambler’s Hand Stance

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-06-24, 03:18 AM
I like it, soon there will be enough entropy in here to consume the entire playground.

palindrome
2008-06-25, 08:37 AM
You know, when I first entered this thread I thought that someone was trying to turn the fonz into a dnd monster.

Siosilvar
2008-06-25, 08:58 AM
I believe you messed up your attacks - off-hand weapons use half Strength bonus for damage (which means all of those other attacks should be +7 damage).

Other than that, I'd say it looks good.

The Demented One
2008-06-25, 10:54 AM
I believe you messed up your attacks - off-hand weapons use half Strength bonus for damage (which means all of those other attacks should be +7 damage).

I'd meant to have Blade Dancer also mention damage penalties, thanks for pointing that out.